• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
The Dark Overseer (Koskinator approved!):
PhantomX

Tier List:

"I don't have to main Ganon to be the best Ganon" Tier:
Inui (seriously, what the ****)

The King of Evil:
RayKalm

Lords of Evil/Top:
IJosh
Zhouten
Fonz
DLA
Z1gma
Clai

Shadows of Evil/High:
Jekyll
Twilight Prince
Ant1
SaltyKracka
stRIP
Flying Dutchman
Noobicidal
K_Prime
A2Zomg
Zerxion
Breezy

Ponds of Evil/Mid:
@HomE
SuSa
Qerkdtx
Garuda
Sgt. Baker
Naik
Adumbrodeus
Pk-Ow
SmashBrosForce
Wiener
Shadow Nataku
ZenJestr
Blad
Teronist
Flux

Slaves of Evil/Low:
Divilenta
Ganondorf The King
GanonkingAbyss
F3NIIX
Bizzaroflame

Not Evil/Bottom:
LinkSceptile333
AfroThunderRule
Dr.Hyde
Deadpoe
Sora Master

Honorable mention:
Koskinator
Sliq
Zeonstar
Finnz7
Swoops
DAD
Gleam

Awards:

Best Green Ganon: Clai
Best Blue Ganon: IJosh
Best Red Ganon: DLA
Best Dark Ganon: Ray Kalm
Best White Ganon: Fonz
Best Regular Ganon: Zhouten
Best American Ganon: Ijosh
Best European Ganon: Z1gma
Best Canadian Ganon: Ray Kalm
Best Australian Ganon: Ant1
Best Male Dorf: Ray Kalm
Best Female Dorf: SniperNightOwl
Most helpful Ganons: Ray Kalm, DAD, Z1gma, Swoops
Most talented at Wi-Fi: Ray Kalm
Most used Ganon color(s): White, Dark
Least used Ganon color(s): Green
Best spiker(s): @Home, SmashBrosForce
Best grabber:
Picture provider: stRIP
Comedic relief Ganon: Everyone, Ganon's a ****ing joke.
Sack o' meat:
Combo Kings:
Manliest dorf: Clai
Best tipmaner: Koskinator
Best spotdodgers:
Best wizkickers:
Best at recovering:
Best Ganoncider:
Best techchaser: Koskinator
The Professor dorf: Z1gma
Best grammar-dorfs: PK-Ow, Swoops, Noobicidal
Worst Grammar-dorf: Koskinator
Best DI: Ray Kalm
Best guides: Swoops
Best newbie: SmashBrosForce
Flashiest Ganons: Ijosh
Most artistic Ganons: DAD, Z1gma
Untouchable (Best Spacing): Ray Kalm
Sir Spam-a-lot:
Most loved members:
Best Mindgames: Koskinator
Best buffer-dorf: Swoops, Ray Kalm, Ijosh
Rough language-dorf:
Best ledge-dorf: DAD
Most upsetting Ganon:
Best at chainchoking: Twilight Prince
Dash-dancer-dorf: Koskinator
Sack' O' FAir-dorf: Ant1
Normal:
White: Grampadorf
Blue: Smurfydorf
Red: Santadorf
Green: Ganjadorf
Dark: Meleedorf
Most awards earned: RayKalm

Updated it a little, out of my own knowledge of each player. Let me know if there is any objection.

Also, what was that "team tier list" everyone was talking about?

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Breezy and I finally met at a tournament and it was pretty awesome. We played some friendlies at the beginning and decided that whoever places higher in singles was the better Ganon main XD

I ended up winning our contest (I got 13th and Breezy got 17th I believe), but we're close enough in skill that it wouldn't really be fair to call me the better Ganon. We both did some really impressive **** - Breezy took a game off of Lain's icies in pools in perhaps the most epic game of the night, and I barely missed 1st seed in pools (Nappy won one more game than me, even though I beat him in our set), not to mention that I took a game off of Ally's Snake in a friendly before the tournament XD.

In short, M.A.S. pretty much got Ganon-***** yesterday.

And out of curiosity, does anyone actually go to tournaments regularly with Ganon, besides Breezy? I'm pretty sure that I'm the best-placing Ganon main in the country but I want to make sure first. I also feel I deserve to be a LOT higher on the Ganon tier list lol. I'll post my results here to prove it:

I have never gone to a tournament where I don't play Ganondorf in Singles (I have probably been to about 30 tournaments). So I would say that I regularly represent Ganondorf in tournaments, and I plan to play him at Pound4 as well. As far as how much I play him in tournaments I would say I play him equally as much as you in tournament.

As far as placements I haven't done the research for that.

Nope

Smash Lord
? I'm pretty sure that I'm the best-placing Ganon main in the country but I want to make sure first. I also feel I deserve to be a LOT higher on the Ganon tier list lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUmWXQUJoQk

Your Not even the best Ganon in the Midwest, Plus if your going to claim your tourney Results as Ganon you should not be playing DK in tournament. Only people who play Ganon all tournament long and place should have their results counted. This goes for you too Fonz

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yup, I can testify that Fonz has played Ganon in singles at every tourny I've attended, including one where he got 7th going only Ganon, losing to two great players.

Also, I play Ganon in some tournies, but usually only in pools if I feel confident enough.
Ironically, I sometimes find I do better with Ganon than my mains due to the fact no one knows how he plays.
However, I suck regardless, so it doesn't really matter XD

EDIT: Oh, DLA, you're MW too? Sorry, but the only Ganon I know of in our whole region is Fonz, though I can't judge without seeing you play.

Also, Nope, that's not very fair, considering how much harder it is to go only low tier characters. I mean, it should count more if you only went Ganon, but your results shouldn't be completely disregarded for pulling out a secondary on tough MUs.

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
But.. isn't RayKalm like the only one who ever used Ganon all tournament and placed?

TP

Smash Master
Breezy needs to go up like 10 spots, he's above me. I'll be going almost all Ganon at my next tourney at the end of the month (I'm going Jiggs vs ICs, Falco, Olimar, and maybe MK/DDD depending on the opponent). There is a legit chance that DLA and/or Breezy will show up.

:034:

clowsui

Smash Legend
fonz is pretty much a monster yo, i think he's the best ganon in the midwest >__> i haven't played you yet DLA but you and Fonz seem to both do the same thing (use other characters than ganon) and his results are equal if not better than yours i'm pretty sure.

but let's say that your results are equal

that means a head to head confrontation is the only way to prove anything

fonz won those...by a wide margin

ZOINK! Fonz > DLA

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying going all Ganon isn't possible, just saying it's generally not the best of ideas unless you are unimaginably good.

Also, I agree with Clowsui... for once XD

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUmWXQUJoQk

Your Not even the best Ganon in the Midwest, Plus if your going to claim your tourney Results as Ganon you should not be playing DK in tournament. Only people who play Ganon all tournament long and place should have their results counted. This goes for you too Fonz
Just because he beat me in a Ganon ditto set doesn't make him better. I'm not saying that I'm better either, it's just that a Ganon ditto is a really stupid match and you can't really judge skill off of it. I'm not sure if Fonz posted it, but we played another set after our Ganon ditto, and I won it 2-1, beating his Lucario with Ganon in the last game.

Also, it shouldn't even matter if I use DK occasionally - I go Ganon for over 75% of my tournament matches - not because I want to be "manly" or whatever, but because he is my best choice and I feel most confident winning with him. And there are a few matchups that I sometimes just feel more confident with DK. If what you said is right, then M2K shouldn't be considered a MK main if he occasionally uses DDD (I know he doesn't anymore, but I made my point).

Having said that, I used Ganon for every single match at my last tournament. Not because I want to "use a character I'm worse at to make myself seem better", but because he's my best character and I felt more confident with him for every matchup. So I shouldn't have to justify using DK occasionally.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Just because he beat me in a Ganon ditto set doesn't make him better. I'm not saying that I'm better either, it's just that a Ganon ditto is a really stupid match and you can't really judge skill off of it. I'm not sure if Fonz posted it, but we played another set after our Ganon ditto, and I won it 2-1, beating his Lucario with Ganon in the last game.

Also, it shouldn't even matter if I use DK occasionally - I go Ganon for over 75% of my tournament matches - not because I want to be "manly" or whatever, but because he is my best choice and I feel most confident winning with him. And there are a few matchups that I sometimes just feel more confident with DK. If what you said is right, then M2K shouldn't be considered a MK main if he occasionally uses DDD (I know he doesn't anymore, but I made my point).

Having said that, I used Ganon for every single match at my last tournament. Not because I want to "use a character I'm worse at to make myself seem better", but because he's my best character and I felt more confident with him for every matchup. So I shouldn't have to justify using DK occasionally.

Yes they are up, and you Ganoncided my Lucario for the last stock in game 3 so technically you won that. But Game 1 I beat your DK with ganondorf, and game 2 you barely beat my ganon with DK. So that isn't a legit arguement to say your better there either. If you want to MM again against my Lucario and I against your DK i am all for that, but do not say your better then me either by one match. I don't care how ******** the ditto is if you can't win then you can't win. I didn't have an advantage in any way I was playing the same character. so Techincally our set count is even if you want to count it that way. I will gladly play again. Also the second set wasn't a MM not to say I sandbagged but there is always a different mindset between tournament, MM's, and friendlies. I don't like to count wins in friendlies myself, but some do.

The ditto is a great way to judge a players ability to adapt and think, as well as knowledge of the character. No advantages anywhere just straight Mind games. I am not a person to boast about my abilities and I KNOW i am NOT the best but there are better players then you. So do not post saying your the best Ganon in the country.

YesNoMaybeSo

Smash Apprentice
LOL at the fact that both players who were The King Of Evils (Ray & Koskinator) are from Canada.

Canada ***** the U.S apparently.

Nope

Smash Lord
Having said that, I used Ganon for every single match at my last tournament. Not because I want to "use a character I'm worse at to make myself seem better", but because he's my best character and I felt more confident with him for every matchup.
I'm not saying Ganon dittos are the ultimate showdown of skill either, but by the logic above I would go on to Say Fonz has better tournament results then you then. I might just be biased I suppose since I play Fonz all the time, but I have seen both you and him play each other and other characters. Also from everything I have ever heard from people who have played both you and Fonz have told me the same thing.

I'm not trying to degrade you at all but you coming out making claims like this makes it hard not to. I just want to see some equal representation.

clowsui

Smash Legend
wait wait wait wait WAIT

a GANON is telling the world that GANON DITTOS are ********?

hold on

let me catch my breath.

okay. go play a falco ditto. go play a DDD ditto. ganon dittos don't even scratch the SURFACE of stupidity

also nope basically said what i was going to say

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Yes they are up, and you Ganoncided my Lucario for the last stock in game 3 so technically you won that. But Game 1 I beat your DK with ganondorf, and game 2 you barely beat my ganon with DK. So that isn't a legit arguement to say your better there either. If you want to MM again against my Lucario and I against your DK i am all for that, but do not say your better then me either by one match. I don't care how ******** the ditto is if you can't win then you can't win. I didn't have an advantage in any way I was playing the same character. so Techincally our set count is even if you want to count it that way. I will gladly play again. Also the second set wasn't a MM not to say I sandbagged but there is always a different mindset between tournament, MM's, and friendlies.

The ditto is a great way to judge a players ability to adapt and think, as well as knowledge of the character. No advantages anywhere just straight Mind games.
I never said I'm better... in fact, considering the evidence, I wouldn't be surprised if you're the better Ganon. I'm just saying that I wish we played more so we could have a much better idea where we're at skill-wise; I'm pretty sure sure we both want that. I didn't mean to sound overly defensive - I just feel that Ganon dittos fluctuate WILDLY (as evidenced by every game being a two stock), and we didn't get to fight nearly enough to get an accurate cross-section.

So yes I'm sure both of us would love to have more $MMs against each other, and I really don't care about any competitive undertones that people would want to put on our match. Your Ganon is ****ing good and I'm sure both of us could learn from playing more matches with each other.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I agree totally. I wanted to play a lot more matches with you, and I wanted to play in the tournament that day too, but stupid car bull**** so it didn't happen. I would love to play a lot more matches so next time we see each other we can just sit down and play for sure, but please don't say you deserve to be the best in the country.

Nope

Smash Lord
One more thing to add, placements should not mean anything in your Ganon tier lists, it should be who you beat and who you lost to. As bracket difficulty can be drastically different.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
One more thing to add, placements should not mean anything in your Ganon tier lists, it should be who you beat and who you lost to. As bracket difficulty can be drastically different.
A tournament is still a tournament nonetheless.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I agree totally. I wanted to play a lot more matches with you, and I wanted to play in the tournament that day too, but stupid car bull**** so it didn't happen. I would love to play a lot more matches so next time we see each other we can just sit down and play for sure, but please don't say you deserve to be the best in the country.
Well I said the best PLACING Ganon main in the country. I didn't mean skill-wise. It's pretty naive for me to think that I'm the best Ganon in the country; I was just trying to make the point that I thought I went to and placed well in the most tournaments out of any Ganon main.

@HomE

Smash Ace
before seeing that MM between Fonz and DLA, I did consider Fonz the better of the 2 (just my opinion) but AFTER seeing that MM, I think DLA outplayed Fonz... I understand it was a MM and all, but seeing Ganon get edgehogged makes me puke in my mouth a little... I dunno in those 3 matches i preferred DLA's Ganon/style.. Again, just my opinion... But my vote for best Ganon is the Midwest goes to... Breezy

Lol @ Kalm not moving Breezy up the tier list cause he troll'd the **** out of him...Personal bias much?

Nope

Smash Lord
A tournament is still a tournament nonetheless.
so If I place first in a tournament with Ganon and beat Marthmaster1337 and randomikeguy while you place top 8 beating M2k, dehf, anti and losing to ally and adhd does that mean I'm better then you? Not by a long shot, It's all about WHO you beat and WHO you lose to. NOT your placements

fonzi21

Smash Ace
before seeing that MM between Fonz and DLA, I did consider Fonz the better of the 2 (just my opinion) but AFTER seeing that MM, I think DLA outplayed Fonz... I understand it was a MM and all, but seeing Ganon get edgehogged makes me puke in my mouth a little... I dunno in those 3 matches i preferred DLA's Ganon/style.. Again, just my opinion... But my vote for best Ganon is the Midwest goes to... Breezy

Lol @ Kalm not moving Breezy up the tier list cause he troll'd the **** out of him...Personal bias much?

No offense @home but if he made the mistake to go that far off the map then that was a mistake and I punished him dearly for it. So saying he outplayed me is your opinion. and game 3 I beat him regardless without the edge guards unless you don't count tipmans as kills. I don't want to be voted the best Ganon anywhere. I would rather just be an under dog no one knows about.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
No offense @home but if he made the mistake to go that far off the map then that was a mistake and I punished him dearly for it. So saying he outplayed me is your opinion. and game 3 I beat him regardless without the edge guards unless you don't count tipmans as kills.
Fonz is right, I was pretty clearly outplayed in that MM. You can see me do a lot of really stupid mistakes that he simply punished. I do that a LOT in Ganon dittos, which is why I hate them so much. For some reason I get really insecure in Ganon dittos and I over think things wayyyy too much, which makes me do a lot of stupid, unnecessary, punishable things.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Well I said the best PLACING Ganon main in the country. I didn't mean skill-wise. It's pretty naive for me to think that I'm the best Ganon in the country; I was just trying to make the point that I thought I went to and placed well in the most tournaments out of any Ganon main.
For me, the semantics work like this:

Until such time as Ganon Pro X actually goes to a tournament, beasts known names, and wins bling, he cannot possibly be, by the meaning of the term, "A pro Ganon user" / "The best Ganon," *EVEN IF* he satisfies the conditional predicate:

If x were to play at some tournaments of the same level as his cohort of Ganon users, he would win.​

Or even the direct:

If x were to play vs. a gauntlet of our best known Ganon users in a set, he would win.

I'm saying that skill is such a thing that has no fact-of-the-matter until observed.
I think it makes discourse in Fighter Gaming cleaner, and we aren't grossly disrespecting metaphysics by it.

(I don't intend for that to be especially kind to parsing on one read-through. ^_^; I wrote it in such a way as to economize the words, and make it clear once you get what it says, rather than grokkable but not exact.)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Why so? I liked it. There was 1-2 things in the backstory I felt were weird, and the very last bit was kind of meh, but the episode as a whole I found pretty awesome.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ehhh, I feel like I'm good enough to be high tier now, but my Ganon's only really getting wifi outings at the moment, even though I've gotten substantially better at the game.

Ehhh, should have some good Pound 4 friendlies (only entering melee, so no tourney matches, sorry) with Ganon among other characters.

Ironically, I'm right above my only point of reference besides Clai (but again... it's wifi, so there's no way I can say if I'm better IRL).

Long story short: You guys should all get spectator's passes for Pound 4 if you haven't entered, so I can play you.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Adum, I'll play you there, though to be fair I'm so bad I don't even get a spot on the low end of the list XD

TP

Smash Master

Superspright

Smash Lord
DLA is right. Ganon dittos require a lot of matches to prove who is better. At 30% either one can die--and all it takes is one LITTLE mistake--which Ganon cannot afford to make, and the other Ganon must punish. Which usually ends in a kill. Plus, I like to just jump off the edge and buffer the uair when his hump jump releases to gimp Ganon.

The ditto is stupid in the fact that you are playing a character who can only kill with no defensive options...against another character who can only kill...with no defensive options...hmmm...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
DLA is right. Ganon dittos require a lot of matches to prove who is better. At 30% either one can die--and all it takes is one LITTLE mistake--which Ganon cannot afford to make, and the other Ganon must punish. Which usually ends in a kill. Plus, I like to just jump off the edge and buffer the uair when his hump jump releases to gimp Ganon.

The ditto is stupid in the fact that you are playing a character who can only kill with no defensive options...against another character who can only kill...with no defensive options...hmmm...
Still... As far as dittos go, it's not bad at all... Look at Falco, D3, and ROB dittos... Now THOSE are ********...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom