• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Seeing as how I can't update the title of my guide to say when it was last updated, I decided to just drop in the social and tell you all...I've put more stuff into my guide.

I added secion VIII. The Ganondorf Punishment/Safety Guide. I tried to throw some interesting ideas in there that might get people talking. What to punish with, advantages, etc. There's a decent amount of frame data within it all too. Check it out, give me feedback on it, and discuss.

...don't you dare ask me to give you a link -_-. It's one page back.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
^^^^

What people don't see is what happens the moment after that picture, where Ganondorf Warlock Punches all the Jigglypuffs into a void of black soullessness.
WRONG!

His corrupted soul changes their gender, gives them a mask to hide their shame, a sword to defend their honor, and booming deep voice, capable of making babies cry.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So guys, Ganondorf isn't the worst character in the newest release of Balanced Brawl.

his newest buffs are:

F-air fullhop autocancels (you can jump before hitting the ground)
Invincibility during the hitbox duration of wizkick
Super Armor starting frame 4 on F-tilt until the end of the hitbox
Super Armor starting frame 11 til the end of the hitbox on Warlock Punch (forward and reverse)
Warlock Punch nearly breaks shields in one hit
Super Armor on entire duration of Dark Dive Grab attack

This is in addition to:

Up tilt wind damage (0%) -> (1%)
Down tilt slip element (like bananas; causes trip)
Down smash first hit sweetspot knockback (100/0) -> (90/0), angle (140) -> (150)
Down smash first hit sourspot knockback (100/0) -> (75/0), angle (50) -> (150)
Down smash second hit damage (14%) -> (16%), knockback (75/60) -> (80/60)
Pummel damage (2%) -> (5%), darkness element
Back throw damage (5%) -> (6%) (New total: 11%)
Up throw damage (3%) -> (5%) (New total: 9%)
Down throw has more constant knockback (50/70) -> (25/75)
Aerial Flame Choke damage (12%) -> (14%)
Dark Dive uppercut damage (7%) -> (18%), knockback (90/70) -> (90/80)
Dark Dive repeated hits damage (1%) -> (2%) (new total: 15%)
Dark Dive throw angle (-) -> (335)
Wizard's Foot startup hit damage (12%) -> (16%), knockback (70/60) -> (65/75)
Wizard's Foot duration hit damage (10%) -> (11%), knockback (70/60) -> (70/75)
Aerial Wizard's Foot initial hitbox knockback (100/50) -> (46/40), grounding element
Aerial Wizard's Foot landing hitbox knockback (35/80) -> (0/80), angle (80) -> (0)

So anyhow on this version of Ganon, D-throw Fullhop F-air is legit and pretty safe to do (although it doesn't work very well if they DI away). Fullhop F-air is a very good wall of aerial priority for beating other aerial approaches, and F-air edgeguarding is MUCH safer. F-tilt is basically the closest thing Ganon has to a Jab at this point, and the wizkick invincibility while not that useful in most situations, does let him punish certain walling attempts.

Warlock Punch is *gasp* barely landable in singles. Predict a charged smash or something like DDD's recovery and yeah.

So yeah try BBrawl Ganon out. I don't think he's that good, but at least he's not completely worthless anymore.

Newest test release here, operates using the Smash Stack hack, but this build requires you to leave your SD card in your Wii

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
A2Z, do I still need homebrew to load it? I bought NSMB and had to update my wii, and I read before that update 4.2 made homebrew die :[ Can I just use a regular SD card? or has homebrew been updated to break through the brickwall?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Balanced Brawl uses Smash Stack, which DOES NOT require homebrew.

Download the files and put them directly into your SD card. From the download link in my previous post, your SD card should have the following:

Folders 'DATA' and 'private'
boot.elf
BBrawl2beta.txt
gameconfig.txt

To operate this hack, put your SD card in your wii, turn on Brawl, and go to Stage Builder. YOU MUST HAVE ALL CUSTOM STAGES DELETED FROM YOUR WII BEFOREHAND INCLUDING THE THREE THAT COME WITH THIS GAME. Assuming you do all this correctly, Smash Stack will launch GeckoOS, and then you can "Launch Game" to run Balanced Brawl. Keep the SD card in the Wii.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
The warlock punch buff in BBrawl makes using it in free for alls so much more fun.

Lol in one match the following happens-1) I broke a guy's shield with it 2) I failed to reverse warlock punch him (messed up the b reversal) 3) I tried another reversed warlock punch while he was still mashing to get out 4) While mashing out he held shield and my warlock punch connects, breaking his shield again lol 5) ****. I forgot to record it though...

A2Z did you record that match?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I might have...I mainly tried to save funny replays that show "good" use of gimmicks.

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
Completely off the subject... which one of you people have I been constantly encountering in Basic Brawls? Whoever it is, he knows how to FoG. I'm default color.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
But default color could have easily been me as well.

j/k I haven't done basic brawls in a long time.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I ate
's banana while he had his shock collar on me.

Discuss.

there is absolutely nothing sexual about what I just posted you perverts!

@HomE

Smash Ace
I ate
's banana while he had his shock collar on me.

Discuss.

there is absolutely nothing sexual about what I just posted you perverts!
Well i cant find anything thats NOT sexual about this post so im lost

Lets try to make the Ganon chat alive again.......? maybe?

I can try but not alone

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Fassad is the most amazing "recurring" villain srsly. He's *gasp* almost as badass as Ganondorf.

Oh yeah anyhow Mother3 is seriously the best GBA game ever BY FAR. Like it's so ridiculously good it's not funny. Like...you will never view the world the same way after playing this game.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Fassad is the most amazing "recurring" villain srsly. He's *gasp* almost as badass as Ganondorf.

Oh yeah anyhow Mother3 is seriously the best GBA game ever BY FAR. Like it's so ridiculously good it's not funny. Like...you will never view the world the same way after playing this game.
I'm still playing through it with my bf, so don't spoil anything please. Everyone says it's so great but tbh it seems like the game goes out of it's way to be bizarre (overdoes it). It lacks that natural charm that Earthbound had. I donno the game has some really weird **** in it like those gypsies, the mermaids that give you air, Lucas gets ***** before he learns psi... i mean wtf.

We just fought Neo Fassad and now everyone is trippin from the mushroom. (Lol) So like i said, don't spoil. I heard the ending is very bittersweet (my bf said it will probly make me cry wtf. I hope not that would be embarassing. :urg: That can't be good because some Disney movies make me cry/FFX ending made me cry,
MJ's death made me cry
ect. so im probly super ****ed. In fact now that I think about this im going to ask him to alow me to beat it by myself and view the ending alone so I get the full effect
without being distracted by him
)

I'm not going to completely pass judgment on it until I finish the game, but so far I like the SNES one better, altho this is a good game too.

However I will say for a GBA game, it's amazing. Pigmask is super cute (see sig) and Fassad is lulz worthy. I also like Kumatora. Not to mention game has a very solid soundtrack (thats even probly an understatement right there)

@HomE

Smash Ace
Hobs are you saying that match should go into the "best vids of each char" thread?

I don't know if that is a good representation of Ganon, considering that was a Wifi match played a couple months after Brawl came out....and I'm far from the best Ganon...

I read your post as "get this into the video thread, not this thread, NOW!" i misunderstood, and didn't know about DMG's thread off the top of my head, sry for the "who u think u are" stuff.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Hobs are you saying that match should go into the "best vids of each char" thread?

I don't know if that is a good representation of Ganon, considering that was a Wifi match played a couple months after Brawl came out....and I'm far from the best Ganon...

I read your post as "get this into the video thread, not this thread, NOW!" i misunderstood, and didn't know about DMG's thread off the top of my head, sry for the "who u think u are" stuff.
oh god no. That match was awful and seems outdated. (Like your DI.) And as mentioned before it's wifi.

Also quality is ***. Have me upload your ****! I have the best quality on Youtube now + texture hacks.

If you want your stuff up either

1. re-register my wii and fc because my old one is broken

or

2. If you have your replays on a SD card put them up on a file sharing site for me to download.

also i might instigate a no-wifi policy. It really doesnt mean **** and I rarely upload wifi of myself nowadays.

@HomE

Smash Ace
oh god no. That match was awful and seems outdated. (Like your DI.) And as mentioned before it's wifi.

Also quality is ***. Have me upload your ****! I have the best quality on Youtube now + texture hacks.

If you want your stuff up either

1. re-register my wii and fc because my old one is broken

or

2. If you have your replays on a SD card put them up on a file sharing site for me to download.
1. while the match is old, its not awful...

2. Kalm wont respond telling me if i need to send him my replays again or not, i know he has at least one of them... if i need to have them uploaded ill let you know.

3. my DI is so good its awful, think about it

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Mother2 and Mother3 have a completely different focus. EB is SUPPOSED to be more lulzy with a random serious moment here and there. Mother3 in comparison is drop dead serious business with a few lols here and there.

@HomE

Smash Ace
wow, i had to read that like 15 times just now before i could understand what i had written.... fml..

drunkjohns

I mean't that the video was uploaded in Nov, 08' and i actually played that match in... like, Sept 08' roughly

its old as ****

but i still think that D3 was one of the best I've ever played, we had some beasty matches...

TP

Smash Master
Very few people are man enough to use Ganondorf.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go punch a rhinoceros with my beard.

___X___

Smash Lord
But when her smile came back, and I didn't feel half as horrible.... She gave me a heart attack, just because she looked so ADORABLE!!!! :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom