• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Smash Master
I've actually begun growing a beard, which I have never tried before. Once it is fully grown, I'll move back to maining Ganon.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Nappy, please shut up with your trash. If anything, Breezy doesn't main Ganondorf anymore, so bringing up these random **** isn't helping with what ever the **** you're trying to say.

Also, for the record, DLA is a much better Ganon than Breezy. Not just because of him actually USING Ganon in tournaments, but skillwise also.

@HomE

Smash Ace
Nappy, please shut up with your trash. If anything, Breezy doesn't main Ganondorf anymore, so bringing up these random **** isn't helping with what ever the **** you're trying to say.

Also, for the record, DLA is a much better Ganon than Breezy. Not just because of him actually USING Ganon in tournaments, but skillwise also.
Lol... You have never played either IRL, making such a blanket statement is ignorant.... I HAVE actually played Breezy IRL, and am very familiar with DLA as well.. I'm not going to say either are better because they are both in fact amazing Ganons, and its not yours nor my job to say who is.

Feel free to sit on your high horse and make yourself sound like an arrogant *** though...

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
That wasn't the main point I was making. I could care less who's better out of the two, to be honest. It's Nappy's ignorance which annoys me.

@HomE

Smash Ace
That wasn't the main point I was making. I could care less who's better out of the two, to be honest. It's Nappy's ignorance which annoys me.
Well after making is clear that you care less about whos better...... You make it very clear who you think is better... thats called a contradiction.

Nappy simply stated that Breezy had a very close match with arguably the best player in the United States, using Ganon.... Because Breezy doesn't main Ganon anymore makes that accomplishment moot?

Just because you aren't a fan of Breezy doesn't mean you can just say whatever the hell you want and pretend you know what you are talking about...

kids these days...

Pwned

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
His posts are nothing else but self exaggerated opinions.

And I'm not much younger than you.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
From what I can see, since Ganon is such a novelty character, everyone likes to pick their favorite. Kind of like a baseball team. It's rare you find someone who can objectively stack two Ganons side-by-side instead of just naming off each other's accomplishments, which are by and large wholly unequivocal and incomparable.

The nature of a Ganon accomplishment is usually fleeting because it's short-lived or aberrant, so naming off accomplishments gets both sides nowhere.

To offer my own perspective on the issue regarding DLA vs. Breezy, I think both of their "big" accomplishments are somewhere around even. According to DLA, M2K SDed a bunch, whereas when DLA fought Ally's Snake at Frigate, he landed five moves to win. It was also clear Ally knew nothing of the Ganon MU at the time.

To my knowledge they're both terrific Ganon users. But these two accomplishments, while ostensibly impressive, were, as I said, aberrant flukes.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Nappy's just trolling me, we're cool IRL

Stop *****ing at each other

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I was referring to your very first sentence which could have been referring to me.
Oh, no. I was just generalizing. It's true. Ganon is like a sports team. People just pick their favorite and become their fanboy. See: Albert L.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
That's true for every other character in this game as well.
To a degree. But like I said, Ganon's novelty is what keeps objectivity from being had. People pick their favorites regardless of concrete evidence of skill. Like I said, that Albert L alter ego of Vex's is a good example.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
To offer my own perspective on the issue regarding DLA vs. Breezy, I think both of their "big" accomplishments are somewhere around even. According to DLA, M2K SDed a bunch, whereas when DLA fought Ally's Snake at Frigate, he landed five moves to win. It was also clear Ally knew nothing of the Ganon MU at the time.
I don't consider my match against Ally on frigate to be an "accomplishment" lol. It was more embarrassing than anything. Even though I won, it was probably my worst match against his snake that night, believe it or not (except for the second stock I took from him - that was hella legit). That match was just general silliness from a series of friendlies in which we were tired and sandbagging heavily. I have much better accomplishments against Ally lol XD

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'll be getting some friendlies, or possibility a money match against Ally in an upcoming tournament.

See how well I can do.

@HomE

Smash Ace
I guess I'll go ahead and quote myself here

@Home: "I'm not going to say either are better because they are both in fact amazing Ganons, and its not yours nor my job to say who is."

I was arguing against Kalm's blanket statement that DLA is better then Breezy.... its a stupid thing to say, not only because its impossible to know for sure, but also because that statement is dripping with personal bias.

You are almost as old as me? just turned 18?...

18 to 22 is like 100 years apart when you consider all the **** you experience during those years.. all i can say is, have fun...

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I consider him better mostly because he uses Ganon in tournaments. I wouldn't like to consider, let alone figure out if a non-Ganon user is better than someone who does use him because that simply doesn't make much sense. Inui much?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

@Home: "I'm not going to say either are better because they are both in fact amazing Ganons, and its not yours nor my job to say who is."

I was arguing against Kalm's blanket statement that DLA is better then Breezy.... its a stupid thing to say, not only because its impossible to know for sure, but also because that statement is dripping with personal bias.

You are almost as old as me? just turned 18?...

18 to 22 is like 100 years apart when you consider all the **** you experience during those years.. all i can say is, have fun...
Words of wisdom. Not a sleight against Kalm, but a general agreement. I've matured more in the past year than I had in the prior 18.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
It's weird. Brawl's starting to get boring for me. I hope this upcoming tournament I'm going to can refresh my love of it. Maining Ganon catches you in a rut, it does. I have absolutely no desire to main anyone else, or use anyone else for that matter. 'Dorf 'til death. But the game also stales quickly when you can't compete as seriously as you'd like to.

I'd love to go to MLG, but Ganon has no place there. I'm about as confident as a Ganon can be, but it's an outlandish notion. D:

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I've been watching Ganon challenges on youtube, and right before something awesome is about to happen, youtube slows down to load. I don't think it can handle Ganon's might.

:034:

Triple R

Smash Lord
Oh wow, ganon rage breaking out in here.

Just from my short experience playing friendlies with DLA I can say that Breezy and DLA play Ganon way different. I don't think it's even fair to compare them for how different they play from each other. I've grown so used to Breezy's ganon and how to beat it, that I felt like DLA had the upper hand in our friendlies because I had no idea what he was going to do or why he did some things lol. Had I been given time to adjust, who knows lol. Long story short, DLA and Breezy are both obviously talented ganon players and nothing should take away from how good they are.

Reim

Smash Journeyman
Just got home from the tournament I attended to.
Good news: I won (1/20). They weren't really all that good. Most of them were just really casual about the game. But it was nice to get a change from CPUs and Wi-fi.

Bad news: It wasn't an official tournament, so it doesn't really matter. Except, now they don't look at Ganon the same way as before.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779

oh man i 2nd this. I didnt know what the **** i was doing when i was 18 compared to now that im 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom