• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's up b?

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
The other day, I was playing ganon against my brothers meta. He has good edgeguards and with ganons recovery being so easy to challenge, and metas great edgeguards, I felt slightly disadvantaged offstage.

The thing that bothers me most about Ganons recovery isn't how easy to challenge it is. What bothers me the most is that even if he gets a successul grab from it, most characters can still punish him, and he doesn't gain any distance.

I think that Ganons up b should make him go higher after releasing from a grab or possibly give him another jump. This would make Ganon be more viable against some of the characters with powerful offstage games.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
All I think Ganon needs is Super Armor for his up-B.

This would improve his existing recovery option, rather than having to jump through hoops finding new ways to make him recover.

It would also help him not be so hilariously easy to edge guard, because as it stands, when you sweet-spot with Ganon's recovery, you really don't. You're still able to be gimped really easily.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
All I think Ganon needs is Super Armor for his up-B/Side-B.

This would improve his existing recovery option, rather than having to jump through hoops finding new ways to make him recover.

It would also help him not be so hilariously easy to edge guard, because as it stands, when you sweet-spot with Ganon's recovery, you really don't. You're still able to be gimped really easily.

Dude I second this. Armor would be nice when u play pros its nearly impossible to get back on. Hmmm maybe even some aura damage besides the ending punch

Fortress

Smash Master
All I think Ganon needs is Super Armor for his up-B/Side-B.

That sounds neat, I actually like it. The only thing I'm wary of are unstoppable, unflinching, born-to-kill Ganon's with one thing on their mind; super-armored Ganoncide's.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Super armor on his up b and side b? I mean I don't want to offend anyone here, but are you guys serious? They're grabs, so they already have grab armor on them, which is enough. Ganon is pretty easy to edge guard, but not to a point to where 2 of his moves need super armor.

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I doubt that we'll see super armor on these moves. I would like the extreme landing lag on up-B to be reduced though. As it stands now, attempting to land on the stage rather than going for the edge isn't really viable unless you can ledge cancel it, which isn't always easy to do. Same goes for Faclon's up-B.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
I would agree with Mr. Pickle. While Ganondorf is incredibly easy to edgeguard, super armor on his moves would be overkill given that he already has a bit of grab armor.

I would recommend focusing more on mixing up your recovery (though Ganondorf is fairly limited in this) and punishing any misguided attempts at edgeguarding as best you can (up air is generally the best option here, though a successful Ganoncide against someone trying to edgeguard/edgehog you is just downright devastating). Hit them hard enough and they might think twice before going after you the next time, or at least take a more conservative approach in doing so in the future.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
Super armor on his up b and side b? I mean I don't want to offend anyone here, but are you guys serious? They're grabs, so they already have grab armor on them, which is enough. Ganon is pretty easy to edge guard, but not to a point to where 2 of his moves need super armor.
Using Side B is a bad habit when trying to recover, because you can be bopped for it. Giving air side B armor would make it very scrub friendly, and I don't like the idea of that being the case.

Most characters can sweet-spot the ledge to prevent them being edge guarded by on-stage edge guards. Ganon's UP-B is impossible to sweetspot.

Even if you are perfect on the sweetspot, his hitbox is still there saying: "Hit me for free, please."

That really sucks. So to remedy that, I proposed armor for UP-B. Besides, who uses UP-B other than to recover, anyway?

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
After some thought. An armored Side-B would be really scrubby. I don't wanna play Hulk in Smash bros.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Who uses up B other than for recovery ? Because you guys don't use it as an OOS ? Cmon now.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
How do you avoid the need to recover? Don't get hit.
Once you don't get hit, then you're good to go. ;)

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Nausicaa..... thats nearly impossible. Bottomline sheik, ganon, ness, lucas, zelda. Terrible recoveries. Ganon needs work.. but hes greatly improved.

Top Bottom