• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GanonTube - The Official Ganon Videos and Critique thread

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Neither has to, correct, but Falcon can not only force you to easier, he can bait and approach far easier as well.

In regards to what I said earlier, against players like that, it's easy to pull of a lot of gimmicks and flashiness. But when you're up against someone intensely good as Falcon, they'll never let a Ganon get away with some of the stuff you were able to if they know the MU really well.
That's what it means to "force an approach" easier.

The more aggressive a Falcon is, the higher the percentage of you winning becomes. And I'm sorry that you can't tell a good player when you see one.

Breezy

Smash Ace
:p

The more aggressive a Falcon is, the higher the percentage of you winning becomes. And I'm sorry that you can't tell a good player when you see one.
To be fair Ray, it can be very hard to tell how good a player is just by watching vids. Especially if it's a player that makes heavy use of mindgames, and good mix-ups.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
:p

Sorry you can't tell one when you play one. 0_0

Belly is very technically sound. He is not bad. But he is clearly not at ALL experienced in the Ganon MU, i.e. constantly jumping off the ledge into Uairs, falling for wizkick > gerudo and a mediocre pressure game (arguable Falcon's greatest asset over Ganon).

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
And he ended up getting shield grabbed for it.

And he didn't get shield grabbed.
Not only would he have not get shield grabbed if he had jabbed, but he would've also inflicted damage.

I assume you're talking about his Uair.
That wasn't prediction, it was reaction. You jumped, he Uaired. He punished you for making a poor decision, not for predicting you. Personally, I think a better decision on your part there would have been a SH Uair.
No, if he reacted by SH UAir, then he would have done it instantly towards me. He had predicted it.

I'm assuming that since you avoided reply to some of the mistakes your Falcon made, you agree with them.

Ok, this doesn't make sense to me. Can you elaborate on how this was fail punishing on his part? I was tech chasing him. How is that equivalent to him being bad at punishing.
My fault there. The clip's from 0:21 - 0:22.

Again, this is just you making a poor decision is using both jumps right away and not doing anything with them. You should have at least threw out a Nair to try and hit him away from grabbing you as you landed
He saw those mistakes, and punished accordingly compared to what your Falcon had done to your Ganon with those same mistakes.

This, I will agree with.
And the other stuff you haven't replied too?

Haha, just messin with ya on that last one Ray :p

Anyway, I kinda feel like you're just trying to point all this out to make less of my victory. I'm not sure why, but you always have been really negative towards me, and I would like to know why. I mean, this is a video critique thread, and when I post a video, rather than critique my playstyle, you go on to critique his and make it seem like I only beat a bad player. Honestly Kalm, I would appreciate it if you just wouldn't critique my vids at all, since you seem to have some sort of resentment towards me.
Well, you replied back with the exact same post, no?

And no, I don't think you're a bad player, your post had provoked me to reply to it negatively by you saying " I can **** Falcons too :D".

I don't think you're a bad player, but I do despise you not admitting that I am a better player than you are. Hmm.. ever since that wifi victory.

Edit: I agree with that Breezy.

Belly is very technically sound. He is not bad. But he is clearly not at ALL experienced in the Ganon MU, i.e. constantly jumping off the ledge into Uairs, falling for wizkick > gerudo and a mediocre pressure game (arguable Falcon's greatest asset over Ganon).
I would know how much experience someone has of a certain match-up by playing them. I'm sorry that you can't make it out. You just wanted to get involved in this from the beginning with nothing but stuff which you think is right to say.

Breezy

Smash Ace
I'm not going to respond to anything about the comparison of our two matches anymore, because neither of us really have anything to say about the others match, seeing as neither of us have played both belly and chirp. However.

And no, I don't think you're a bad player, your post had provoked me to reply to it negatively by you saying " I can **** Falcons too :D".
As for this, it was in no way meant to be viewed as an insult or a way of me trying to be demeaning to you. I just saw your post, and it reminded me of my set.

I don't think you're a bad player, but I do despise you not admitting that I am a better player than you are. Hmm.. ever since that wifi victory.
Of course I'm not going to admit you're a better player than me. Not only has it been a long time since I played you last, but I haven't heard of you doing anything with Ganon in a while. I'm not saying you're worse than me, because I have no way of knowing that, but I am not saying you're better than me either, for likewise reasons.

Also, I have no idea what wifi victory you're talking about, or what contextual reasoning there is for bringing it up.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'm not going to respond to anything about the comparison of our two matches anymore, because neither of us really have anything to say about the others match, seeing as neither of us have played both belly and chirp. However.

As for this, it was in no way meant to be viewed as an insult or a way of me trying to be demeaning to you. I just saw your post, and it reminded me of my set.

Of course I'm not going to admit you're a better player than me. Not only has it been a long time since I played you last, but I haven't heard of you doing anything with Ganon in a while. I'm not saying you're worse than me, because I have no way of knowing that, but I am not saying you're better than me either, for likewise reasons.

Also, I have no idea what wifi victory you're talking about, or what contextual reasoning there is for bringing it up.
The wifi victory was mentioned just because it had that epic combo on your first stalk (stock), don't you remember?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dc9bps1ch0 3:44 to 3:50 in this video.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
For now Im gonna critique your recording device(s). First off all, your wii was set at widescreen while your end product was 4:3. Your videos are also liniyer when anybody i9s moving, thisi s quite normal and a lot of people have it, new codec might fix it. I dont know what you use when you have the file, but Windows Movie Maker, how stupid it sounds, works wonderful for Brawl. You can cut the movie down to the start frame by frame, and the "Hihgh quality video (big)' is a fullscreen and it doesnt get linear or anything that way. Yes this is useless to know but meh just telling.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
For now Im gonna critique your recording device(s). First off all, your wii was set at widescreen while your end product was 4:3. Your videos are also liniyer when anybody i9s moving, thisi s quite normal and a lot of people have it, new codec might fix it. I dont know what you use when you have the file, but Windows Movie Maker, how stupid it sounds, works wonderful for Brawl. You can cut the movie down to the start frame by frame, and the "Hihgh quality video (big)' is a fullscreen and it doesnt get linear or anything that way. Yes this is useless to know but meh just telling.
I tried to use the widescreen setting (+some tweeks on the recording program) this time to see if I could record widescreen (no success).
Unfortunately, I can't upload the original videos because they size about 2gbs per file. My connection sux and thus I have to recodec them to weight about 30mbs so I can upload them as fast as I can. My upload speed doesn't surpass 30kbps. =\
I know how to edit and clip the videos. It's just I'm being very lazy to do so...

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
For one, you should focus on hitting your opponent than randomly swinging in the open air. You're using way too much gerudo and approaching with wizard kick. Before using any of those two moves, or any other laggy move, you'll have to make sure they'll hit your opponent. For example, at 1:32 of the first video, a much better attack would've been a SH DAir. Or at 2:25 of the first video, after the DThrow, you should never follow up with such a risky move, instead, play it safe by baiting your opponent into another move before initiating a move on him.

The main problem I see you have is you're way to risky of a player, throwing out very risky moves all over the place. Learn the safer moves Ganon has, and learn to only use other moves when you know they will hit.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Also watch your habits, SH Uair to Jab.. First time it hit him, second time he punished you for it, hard..

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hrrmmm, looking at the MK match...

WAY too much Gerudo. Really not worth it to go for it unless you broke his shield and don't feel like getting a stock off him.

Missed a chance for at least a grab at about 1:40.

Stop airdodging out of DThrow. It just sets you up for another.

Stop going for DAir too much. It's Meta Knight, he has his godly UAir.

Went for something you shouldn't have at the end. Which would be offstage while fighting Meta Knight. NEVER EVER intentionally go offstage against Meta Knight. That's just throwing away a stock.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I can't believe you're spreading this as a money match when you didn't even have any money. Why would I try if there was nothing to win. Where are your manners boy?

Triple R

Smash Lord
People shouldn't need money to motivate them into doing their best at matches.
Breezy and I play a lot. We'll play for most of the day when we do. I would be amazed if someone would play their best after playing for 6 hours against someone they always play.

I'm simply requesting these not be strictly labeled as a MM since both parties did not have money. It was a kind gesture on my part because I already toke all his $1 bills in Random MM's and I wanted to give back. I've done similar things with Breezy before by simply giving him a dollar so we could "MM." At the very least put MM in quotes and put friendly in front of it.

Breezy

Smash Ace
Breezy and I play a lot. We'll play for most of the day when we do. I would be amazed if someone would play their best after playing for 6 hours against someone they always play.

I'm simply requesting these not be strictly labeled as a MM since both parties did not have money. It was a kind gesture on my part because I already toke all his $1 bills in Random MM's and I wanted to give back. I've done similar things with Breezy before by simply giving him a dollar so we could "MM." At the very least put MM in quotes and put friendly in front of it.
Fair enough RRR, I can do that.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Wow, seeing A2Z not being read at all and Breezys very serious warlock punch spam and overall serious playstyle is really awesome.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah he actually manages to hit me with a Warlock Punch in one of those replays I sent to him. Serves me right for getting greedy and trying to do stupid things to him. XD

And he does a lot of other amazing stuff that for the most part owns me. Although I like my Flame Choke reads on him. =)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, thanks for the tip. I'm pretty aware that I probably threw out Flame Choke in too many dumb places. I get high when techchasing someone.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I barely pivot grabbed at all. Do you mean B reverse Flame Choke? That's my favorite Ganon trick ever.

~~Ari~~

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone, its been a while since I posted, but the ganon boards were so nice and I got some great tips on my last critique video...so I was wondering if I could get some more...^_^.

I was trying to record some matches, but they had glitches, this was the only good one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBRXznuKj84

It's a wifi friendly against a yosh, yeah...I know lolwifilol, but any tips are appreciated.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I barely pivot grabbed at all. Do you mean B reverse Flame Choke? That's my favorite Ganon trick ever.
You think I'd mistake a B-reverse for a Pivot Grab?

I do mean Pivot Grab(s), and you used 'em.

Top Bottom