• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gathering hackers for Lloyd Irving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
It is entirely possible that this does not deserve its own thread, but I did not know whom to pm or whatever so I will continue.

With the recent advent of the new file replacement code, sound effects can be hacked. This makes the concept of Lloyd Irving much more appealing (it wouldn't be worth it without hearing him yell "Demon Fang" and all). I don't actually know how to do virtually anything so I'm trying to gather some help. I do have a lot of ideas about which animations and stuff to use and how his moveset should work. So the purpose of this thread is for some other recommendations for movesets and if anybody good at model hacking, animation swapping, and PSA would like to help I sorta need that.

The base would pretty obviously be pit. Somehow he would have to be locked into dual-sword mode. I hope that his swords can be made different colors for the Material Blade.

So, ideas. Neutral b would be Demon fang and would be a chargable projectile. I'm not sure if we can actually generate the Demon Fang itself, but that's another thing I'd like to know. If Kirby's Final Cutter projectile can be stolen that would work very well (if it can be made to go farther). It should behave approximately like pikachu's b, so maybe steal some code from there? The best animation would probably be Marth's second jab. I'm also not sure what his charging animation would be, but if you could hold the very beginning of the animation until he launches it that would work.

Up b would be omega tempest. I saw that Eldiran did something kinda like this for Zero's nair, so just make it bring him upwards and give him some sideways control during the move. Maybe it was Pikachu's nair?

Side b- Sonic thrust. Chargable, at full charge becomes Hurricane Thrust. Animation is easy; marth's chargable b. It would need those green ring things and hurricane would need something like Wisp's cyclone (a little bit, if you guys remember what it looks like you know what I'm talking about). Both would probably include substantial windboxes.

Down B- I had originally hoped for Beast, but that would be impossibly difficult to pull off (unless it is somehow possible with model hacks to change Pit's Mirror into the the huge blue thing). However, an acceptable alternative would be sword rain beta/alpha/just regular. This would involve something like Marth or Meta Knight's dtilt many times in rapid succession followed by... Some animation. Actually, Alpha would probably work best since Beta would involve hitting them downwards, which we don't exactly want as it would be abusable. maybe something like Ike's ledge recovery attack for the ending animation?

Other tentative ideas:
Well, I'm not exactly sure what any of his tilts should be, but they should probably be pretty basic, maybe Pit's dtilt (no spiking) and anything we can do to make him alternate swords. Using Link's animations would be good for that because he uses his left hand.

His jab could probably take the first 2 hits from link's and the last from the first hit of Marth's jab.

Another possibility is to have Rising Falcon as a Dair or, more likely, his Down B if used aerially (Sword Rain wouldn't work so well).

Anyway, this was pretty long. I'd like some feedback and, even more, some volunteers. Preferably no infractions. :p

1Zero99Lucia5

Smash Cadet
I would like to help, though I have no idea who Lloyd Irving is.
Just tell me what needs to be done and I'll do it ASAP.

bleyva

Smash Ace
did you make this guy up? its either that of final fantasy i bet

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Wow, you guys should use Wikipedia or something so that you know what you might be helping with or who that is.
He's from Tales of Symphonia I think. Or one of those games.
Yeah, he's from Tales of Symphonia.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Yup, Tales of Symphonia.

He's the dude in the red clothing with twin swords on the cover.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
Apparently Lloyd is slightly less well known than I thought...

1Zero99Lucia5, if you could do any of the things in the OP that'd be great. However, it's going to need to be done very well and professionally if Lloyd is going to be any good at all. A lot of his moves are going to need to be sewn together from other animations and the hitboxes will have to be perfect. If you think you can do that, great!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...*facepalm* You guys make me a sad panda. u.u' I'd figure everyone knows the main character from the most poular of the Tales series. Then again, the Tales series seriously needs more attention than it gets anyways. Oh well. -.o

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
*ashamed face for not finding that earlier* Well, that will make this substantially easier. However, I think with model hacking, voices, and stuff like that, it could be made a ton better. Maybe we should go recruit that guy... His final smash looks good, but I don't like where he put some of the moves etc. Actually, the only things I think I would use from that are Sword Rain (maybe, probably alter it anyway), Sonic thrust (adjust it to make it chargable), and Falcon's Crest (would need his voice). It looks like he did a pretty good job, but he was restricted to Pit's animations. My plan is substantially more ambitious.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm still thinking about my own project though, I want something suprising and stuff...
What do you even mean?

Edit: On a totally unrelated note, how on earth did Eldiran get that glowing sword and spear on Zero? If we could get a red one and a blue one on Pit and keep his swords separated, then that's the eternal sword right there, although maybe a bit less glowy.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
There's a thread for this. Please, look there next time. Concepts get added all the time.

Anyway, He added the glowing sword by editing the Motion .pac in BrawlBox.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
You know something, it's people like you that make me facepalm...

*facepalm*

If you're going to be stupid and not look it up on wikipedia, at least change your post to make yourself look less like a ******.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I already started making Lloyd, File Size Limit stopped me:

Up-B
Rising Falcon
- He goes up and then diagonal down. Got this move already nearly finished, only thing to change was that he can turn in the start-up, so that it doesnt cripple his recovery.

Side-B
Tempest
- Also nearly finished. He jumps huge to his front in an Arc.

Down-B
Beast
- He releases an animal-head like shockwave in front of his shoulder. I thought about using Dark Aura and Lucario's Aura to recreate something that is animal head like. Other than that, for the Animation I thought about using the Animation of some character when he is running vs. a wall (This should look a lot like the move, some characters have an Animation where they run with there shoulder vs the wall (Marth for example, there is maybe is a better one, but I think marths is already fine)). The Problem is I dont know the Name of this Animation in the pac file xD

Normal-B
Demon Fang
- No Idea how to make it possible, would need Projectile Hacking, about which I dont know anything.

Final Smash
Falcon Crest
- Didnt thought much about this, but shouldnt be that hard. He jumps in the air and comes down with his Blade (Using Ike's Aether or Eruption here... must play the game again to see how it really looked like, doesnt remember it totally)

Up-Smash
Tiger Blade
- This could be somewhat difiicult, he jumps while hitting with his blade and then a second hit when he comes down to the ground. Should be possible, we would just have to split the UpSmash into two Attacks.

Side-Smash
Sonic Thrust
- Already got this working. I used Marths Neutral-B. Very easy. Needs only some GFX :p

Down-Smash
Sword Rain
- Marths Side-B 4th Hit Down... need I more to say :p ?

This would include all of Lloyds Standard Moves (excluding Guardian which is very similar to the Shield... we are maybe able to give his shield reflecting o_O). We should also get rid of gliding (I dont know how), but we should add Walljumps (I also dont know how :S)

My input :D

I'm still waiting for PW to release something that we can bypass the file size limit, or that PSA will be differently scrypted. Because Pit has a very low file size limit, which doesnt allow much additions and changes >_<

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Yeah and as soon as BSAR editing is possible, i'll record you some CUSTOM home made recordings of Lloyd. I have'nt played the game he is in though, or ever heard him though....

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
@xDD-master: On the one hand, your moveset looks pretty good. If you saw the KC:MM link, that guy already did a couple of moves that you still seem to need, including Falcon's Crest and GFX for Sonic Thrust. (they're quite a bit too big tho)

A couple recommendations: Ganondorf's running attack would be a pretty good Beast shoulder hit thing. Find an upwards strike to make Sword Rain into Sword Rain Alpha. Also, Tiger Blade may not make the best Up Smash since it does involve hitting them back downwards. I'm not sure of any good alternatives, however... And Rising Falcon should have the same GFX as Sonic Thrust (approximately). Maybe he should have super armor for the beginning of Rising Falcon? Otherwise he would just become fodder when recovering. And I think it would be cool to change his spotdodge to Guardian. It would be cool to have it reflect projectiles, but that may be a little overpowered.

Last but not least, do you know how to freeze Pit in Dual-sword mode and edit the FitPitMotionEtc.pac like Eldiran did to Zero? If nobody does, maybe I could see if he'll do that for us... And once again, if you can steal Kirby's final cutter, it would be a pretty good Demon Fang.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
@xDD-master: On the one hand, your moveset looks pretty good. If you saw the KC:MM link, that guy already did a couple of moves that you still seem to need, including Falcon's Crest and GFX for Sonic Thrust. (they're quite a bit too big tho)

A couple recommendations: Ganondorf's running attack would be a pretty good Beast shoulder hit thing. Find an upwards strike to make Sword Rain into Sword Rain Alpha. Also, Tiger Blade may not make the best Up Smash since it does involve hitting them back downwards. I'm not sure of any good alternatives, however... And Rising Falcon should have the same GFX as Sonic Thrust (approximately). Maybe he should have super armor for the beginning of Rising Falcon? Otherwise he would just become fodder when recovering. And I think it would be cool to change his spotdodge to Guardian. It would be cool to have it reflect projectiles, but that may be a little overpowered.

Last but not least, do you know how to freeze Pit in Dual-sword mode and edit the FitPitMotionEtc.pac like Eldiran did to Zero? If nobody does, maybe I could see if he'll do that for us... And once again, if you can steal Kirby's final cutter, it would be a pretty good Demon Fang.
Yeah I thought about Ganons Dash Attack, but idk, beast dont moves forward (At least not that much), thats the thing.

I think sword Rain is OK, I dont want any combination / lvl 2 moves. I just want the standard ones. Rising Falcon would look like Falcos Up-B up and then diagonal down, I think I will re-play the game to get a feeling of the attack back :p

Spotdodge to Guardian sounds OK, but I would more like to have the complete Shield as Guardian (Every PSA hack needs something completely special :p)

What do you mean about freezing Pit in Dual-Sword Mode ??? I know how to get Pit wearing both swords everytime with both hands (So that it isnt the connected sword) Thats easy.

And I could also try to replace Pits Arrows with Kirbys Final Cutter (articles change with Brawlbox) but idk, I havent done something like this. I now have to go to school (<--- I am from germany its 6:54am :p). Will try that Final Cutter thing later.

Btw I pm'd already nerfispwnage if he is still working on Lloyd. He said I can do it, if I want because he has no time for a longer time now.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
Oh. Well, keeping Pit with both swords out is what I meant. You're right about Beast not moving forward, but it would still probably be ok. I still think Sword Rain Alpha would be a lot cooler, but remember to end sword rain with a little bit stronger of a blow. Probably use marth's dtilt for the animation. For Rising Falcon, he needs to move slowly diagonally backwards and upwards, pulling his sword back, then he dives at a stronger downwards angle forwards with the little green Sonic Thrust rings around his sword. I'm not sure exactly how to freeze him in the position of holding his sword out. Maybe if you could freeze him in the middle of Pit's gliding animation, that would work, but it may be a little awkward to get it to.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
OK Bump. Worked on Pit again :)

What did I changed? (Moveset)

Up-B === Rising Falcon
Needs fixing:
1) Should be able to change direction in the first frames
2) When in Momentum the move doesnt work correctly

Side-B === Tempest
Fixing:
1) When in Momentum the move doesnt work correctly
2) Swords should stay out

Down-B (Beast) and Normal-B (Demon Fang) are unchanged.
I think I could make Down-B on my own (Somewhat jaded atm)
But I dont have any ideas about Projectile Editing.

FSmash === Sonic Thrust
Just used marths Neutral-B xD

Down-Smash = Sword Rain
Just used Marths last-side-b-hit-down ^^

UpSmash = Tiger Blade
Used Marths Side-B-Up-2 & 3
Works well, but thing I dont understand, why it is completely interupptable.
So it needs fixing. Now it leads into a cool footstool combo (With Infinite potential if combined with Up-Air fastfalled)

Fair is now Marths.
Nair is Ikes.
UpAir is Falcons.

So now I need you help. I just leave this here and you can see what you do about him, I maybe did like 50% ^^

Here it is:

http://www.npshare.de/files/8765ea84/pit.7z

Just unzip/rar. Then pot everything in /pit/

The other files are put in, because of file size limit, I just used 5 textures with no colors (Looks weird).
Normal Lloyd Texture is Pit00 ;)

PS: Swords are always separeted I think ^^

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm just saying, this topic is more up to date on the KC:MM forums >_>.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
It is nice if you could give me a link because I am not active on the KC:MM Forums ^^"

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Well OK. You could maybe post a link to my Pit there, or just tell him... :)

We really need to finish a nice Lloyd and I somehow think that Nerfispwnage is even better than me in hacking :p

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Actually, Nerfispwnage PM'd about my interest in doing a PSA with the model from ToS2. Model has to get fixed first (don't worry much about it RTB), the CHR0's (yes, they are indeed in the right format so not many animations will need to be made) might have to be hexed, and then I'll start.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
k k, it would be nice if you test my lloyd hack anyway. I just want some feedback, maybe you can even use some things (I dont think so but anyway ^^)

greetz

nerfispwnage243

Smash Cadet
Yeah I have been working on it. School has been slowing me down a bit, but I've been working on it. I'm not that great of a hacker, I am getting better though. Anyways, If you want to help me out we could always work together. The key part though is getting the model and animations working though, so I can't get too far without it.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Post in the PSA Character Submission thread sticky once you're done the Lloyd Irving PSA, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom