• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gathering of the Brethren II: I Can't Believe it's Not Bill, 7/10, Chapel Hill, NC

lord karn

Smash Master
July 10th, Chapel Hill, NC

So in the void of Summer, THO and I are going to stack it up and hold some tournaments. Same apartment as the Billfests, so you guys know where it is.

Location/Contact info:
425 Hillsborough St. Apt 6d
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

TOs:
Karn
THO
Mullins

Contact info:

919-810-4681 (Karn) 919-559-7078 (THO) Call me if you get lost or you have any questions or if you are going to show up late.

Setups:

We need setups so... If you bring a full setup you will get out of the door fee. To qualify for this you must bring a full setup (tv, system, game) however since we have a few spare tv's I will consider the first 3 half setups through the door to be full setups and the person bringing it will recieve such benefits.

Pricing/Prize:

NEW
Registration for at least one singles event is mandatory. When you come to the tournament you will have to pay at least 8 dollars. This is venue fee plus entrants to one singles event. You can choose whether or not you want it to be melee or brawl. It's getting ridiculous how we're having nearly 30 people at a tournament, but having like 12 entrants. If you don't want to play singles, you're just putting $5 towards the pot. Entering all events aside from the one mandatory one is as normal. Don't come if you're not willing to enter singles or put $5 towards the pot. Exceptions will only be made for people who obviously don't play smash at all.

$3 door fee
Brawl singles: $5
Melee singles: $5
Brawl doubles: $10 per team
Melee doubles: $10 per team

Pot split for all events will be 60/30/10, unless there are fewer than ten entrants, then it will be just 70/30. If the events get large enough, we might pay out further.

Schedule:

7/10
10:00 Registration opens
11:00 Melee Doubles starts
1:00 Melee Singles starts
4:00 Brawl Doubles starts
6:00 Brawl Singles starts

We might run a B+ or Project: M side tournament if there is interest.

Melee Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)
- Pokemon Stadium (Doubles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokemon Stadium
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar

Banned:
everything else

Brawl Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage will be determined through stage striking from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* King Dedede's Standing Infinite is banned.
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 35 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat

Couterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

--------------------------------------------
Nearby Food

Below I will post nearby restaurants and their numbers so that people may coordinate their food breaks.

McDonalds
409 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC 27516-2314
(919) 967-5788

B ski's
147 East Franklin Street, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 969-9727 <----- They Deliver

Qdoba
100 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 929-8998

Chipotle
301 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 942-2091

Franklin St. Pizza & Pasta
163 E Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 933-5277

Quiznos
169 E Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 929-2395 <----- They Deliver

Subway
122 E Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 967-5400

Gumby's Pizza
306 W Franklin St # A, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 968-3278 <----- They Deliver

Jimmy John's
306 W Franklin St # C, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 968-7827 <----- They Deliver

---------------------------------------

*CT*

Smash Lord
I'll try to be here maybe even enter both?
I can only make it if I'm not scheduled to work, I'll let you know if I'm 100% confirmed near the beginning of July?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
...ganondorf.

should be coming to this, hopefully bringing wilmington with me.

btw...theyre improving. That hypn0tic spector guy that hit the boards...good peach now. Spoon is still mad technical, and red is gettin there.

bringin the heat.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Registration for at least one singles event is mandatory. When you come to the tournament you will have to pay at least 8 dollars. This is venue fee plus entrants to one singles event. You can choose whether or not you want it to be melee or brawl. It's getting ridiculous how we're having nearly 30 people at a tournament, but having like 12 entrants. If you don't want to play singles, you're just putting $5 towards the pot. Entering all events aside from the one mandatory one is as normal. Don't come if you're not willing to enter singles or put $5 towards the pot. Exceptions will only be made for people who obviously don't play smash at all.

interesting .

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I can cope. Undecided whether I want to enter or not.

Might enter brawl for the lulz.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
why dont you just...enter melee, since you play it

but yo i wont be at this since kevin isnt going lol. unless someone happens to be near hickory for some reason

lord karn

Smash Master
If enough enter we'll pay out to top 4/5.

The only reason teams isn't an option for the forced entry is because I don't want people just paying the money and teaming with someone random and not taking it seriously.

It's just getting ridiculous how our scene is not taking this game seriously. There are like a few people who actually compete seriously, and everyone else doesn't enter because they don't want to spend money.

Edit: The hot dogs are all david's, so it will be up to him if he gives out free dogs.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I've never been to a tourney where I refused to enter anything, so I'm cool with this policy. It doesn't matter how many good players are in the Brawl bracket. I always man up, and so should the rest of NC.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lol stingers, i know how good i am. i think i'm good enough to beat you now, to be honest. which is why you were on the list.

i feel pretty good, i'm rapidly improving, and i'm making progress at becoming smarter and learning more than just how to make my character move. i like where i am and where i'm going.

legitimately beating you would be a nice mark of my progress though.

*CT*

Smash Lord
I've never been to a tourney where I refused to enter anything, so I'm cool with this policy. It doesn't matter how many good players are in the Brawl bracket. I always man up, and so should the rest of NC.
I'm with Uncle here, I don't think there's a time when I didn't enter a tourny that I went to.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
kk chris if by some miracle I can make it we can play.

if not, you should totally come to my tourney the week after this.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
I am definitely coming to this since I missed the last one.
And yeah I don't understand why people go and don't enter, but forcing them won't help really.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well maybe attendance will start increasing for melee because most people that go and dont enter are primarily melee players

Top Bottom