• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gauging Interest in a Project

Would you be interested in watching the show described below?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, I would need more information

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
Hello,

I'm considering developing a twitch show, while it's still in its very very early stages of conceptualization the basic format is that there would be a "theme" so to speak and I would invite figureheads of the community to discuss this "theme" in a panel discussion style setting.

Some of these "themes" could range from having a show dedicated entirely to a specific character, discussing rulesets, match-up theorycrafting, tech skill, how to deal with high pressure situations, developing a smash community in your area, etc. etc.

One example of a show might be all about Fox. Let's say that the stars aligned and I was able to get Mango, Leffen, Hax, Lucky and Colbol in on a skype call to discuss all things Fox related. I would act as a moderator for the discussion but it would mostly be these experts doing the discussing. We might talk about different Fox playstyles among the group, where they see the Fox metagame going in the future, some common mistakes they see among newer players etc. etc. Then I would allow people to ask questions through twitter pertaining to this theme and have the discussion go from there.

The overall goal of these discussions would be to help new or struggling players better understand whatever topic the show pertains to. Are you a new T.O. wondering how to better organize your tournaments? Perhaps the show all about tournament organization could help you. Are you a marth main struggling with the sheik match-up? Maybe the marth show could help you.

It would give people an opportunity to ask questions of the masters and gain some invaluable information from the best the community has to offer.

Anyways, just wanted to see if there would be any interest in watching a show like this. Again I stress that it is in its very very early stages so it will be some time before it goes into production.

If you have any questions, suggestions or feedback I'd be more than happy to hear from you

Thanks,
Tarvius

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Mastodon.

Also if you're viewing this and like the idea I would greatly appreciate if you could just drop a link to this thread on twitter, facebook, reddit, etc. etc. I'm just trying to get as much of a general consesus as to whether or not people would be interested in the show.

Thanks everyone!

Edit: If you have any questions or feedback I can also be reached in the following ways:

Twitter: @FoxTossin
Email: foxtossin@gmail.com
Twitch: Tarvius
AIM: Dwizard2
Or feel free to just DM on here if you prefer that method

Thanks again

Last edited:

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
Alright it seems like it has enough support from various folks from twitter to give it a try.

THE SHOW IS A GO! Please please please spread the word around

You can follow me on twitter: Smash Tarv @FoxTossin for all show related updates.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'd watch if it had good quality info, video, and audio. Sounds like a good idea if it is well-executed.

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
I'll do my best to make it a show with the highest quality. I would not be happy with a lackluster stream and I wouldn't show anything less than high quality content to the audience.

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good, but it should be really in-depth with resource wise stuff like the options people have and looking through replays and describing the mistakes or such. The biggest part that sets new from good players is that how to attack and where, and why. Many people don't know their full assortment of options and may become too predictable and how to do something as quick as possible while being very ready for any situation that happens.

Top Bottom