• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Personally I like this argument better because at least this isn't boring multiplayer stuff and this is actually part of the story

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so this is completely story related (including the games as well as the books). A friend of mine has this theory that Myrrah is Marcus's mom because you were never explicitly show that she died, only told. And, since the same thing kinda happened with Adam Fenix where you were told he was dead and he really wasn't he thinks this argument has merit. I don't think it does and told him that there were too many factors that showed that she wasn't his mother (i.e. - attacking humanity, trying to kill Marcus and Adam, etc.) Any thoughts?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Not sure if serious...
I only played the games like most people, but glimpsed at I think 2 of the comics. (Since I found it at a Local Heroes and Fantasies around last year)
Where on earth does it say "Oh we're working on GoW4!" Unless they pull a Bungie and make this so called "Trilogy" into having 6 more games.

Oh here we go, Issue #10 and #11 I bought.

EDIT - @Pluvia: according from A gears wiki (I know, wiki and stuff...) Madison was the 4th brother that was the same rank as Marcus. No squad and other information given though.
They would be stupid not to make more Gears games. They already said that Gears 3 is the end of the current trilogy. (Gears 4 will probably star a new protagonist.)

And Gears 3 had the best story/single player campaign IMO. It's just overall, a better game than the previous two IMO.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Myrrah being Marcus's mom can't be possible because even if she was human, there's no way the Locust would let a human rule them. Besides, Adam already regrets a bunch of **** and I don't think he'd want him lying to Marcus over his mother on his plate. Myrrah also started criticizing humanity like ****ing hell right before her death and called Adam a stupid fool multiple times before she got stabbed to death. She also speaks about humanity as if they're an entirely different species completely to what she is. It can't be possible that she's human because I seriously doubt there's nothing that could have been done to her by people that could've led her to conduct a mass genocide of people, and she'd be stupid if there actually was something because if she really was done something really bad by people, she'd be basing off her opinion on a generalization that is extremely stupid because not everybody would be like that. Also, Marcus's mom disappeared during his childhood, that would approximately place her disappearance maybe 10-15 years before the Pendulum Wars ended and she ended up reappearing again 5 years before E-Day to ask Adam to help her eliminate the Lambent. First off, there's no way Marcus's mom could reach ruler status of her people in just 5 years, if it took RAAM that long to become general, by which point Myrrah was already still ruling, and second off, even IF she really did accomplish this in the span of 5 years, then I have no idea how Adam would even let her go back to the creatures she now calls her people considering she's his wife and that she even told him that imulsion is killing everyone and that he had 5 years to fix it or else

tl;dr, it'd be impossible for Myrrah to be Marcus's mom, it just is. There has to be some other explanation for her human-like appearance, but it's for certain that she certainly isn't Marcus's mom

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
All of the preconceived notions of humans developed by Myrrah were from Myrrah. She all of the sudden DECIDED to make the locusts hate the human. They didn't sit underground and fester hate. They needed a reason to populate the surface so Myrrah hid her motives with the front that she hated all humans, but really she is shrouded in mystery.

WHY DIDN'T SHE GET KILLED BY THE IMMULSION BOMB? She lived underground, so she should've been affected, yet she wasn't, and this is VERY significant considering she was five feet from the immulsion bomb and Adam and all of the locusts died and she showed no signs of being affected.

Myrrah was the only female "Locust" so she must've been human. There is no other explaination. Clearly she didn't **** out the entire locust army. She looked too human to be locust, and the fact that there were no other women just reinforces the idea that she MADE THE LOCUSTS CIVILIZED.

I always thought it was obvious that Myrah was a human. You know.... she spoke proper English... didn't look like a Locust at all..... she didn't die to the bomb.....

I heavily doubt that Myrah is Marcus' mom though, and if she is, then oooooh man what a twist that would be, lmao.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I believe berserkers are females :D
Yup. Berserkers are females. In fact, they are the only females besides the queen in the entire race.

"Before the Locust invasion of the surface, Berserkers were used for reproductive purposes to boost the Locust numbers. The COG speculated that the Locust reproduce by ****, as they are far too violent to allow more conventional means." - Gears wiki.

I'm pretty sure that's why they're always PO'ed at everything.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
All of the preconceived notions of humans developed by Myrrah were from Myrrah. She all of the sudden DECIDED to make the locusts hate the human. They didn't sit underground and fester hate. They needed a reason to populate the surface so Myrrah hid her motives with the front that she hated all humans, but really she is shrouded in mystery.

WHY DIDN'T SHE GET KILLED BY THE IMMULSION BOMB? She lived underground, so she should've been affected, yet she wasn't, and this is VERY significant considering she was five feet from the immulsion bomb and Adam and all of the locusts died and she showed no signs of being affected.

Myrrah was the only female "Locust" so she must've been human. There is no other explaination. Clearly she didn't **** out the entire locust army. She looked too human to be locust, and the fact that there were no other women just reinforces the idea that she MADE THE LOCUSTS CIVILIZED.
Something tells me that she didn't die to the bomb at the end of the game because she would've simply died on her own to the bomb with a bit more of some time had she not been stabbed by Marcus with Dom's knife

I believe berserkers are females :D
It's because they are. Locusts just tie her up and gang **** her I think. Pretty much VVVV

Yup. Berserkers are females. In fact, they are the only females besides the queen in the entire race.

"Before the Locust invasion of the surface, Berserkers were used for reproductive purposes to boost the Locust numbers. The COG speculated that the Locust reproduce by ****, as they are far too violent to allow more conventional means." - Gears wiki.

I'm pretty sure that's why they're always PO'ed at everything.
Well I'd be pretty PO'd at everything as well if I was forced to be born from some ugly *** monster thing and then forced for my entire life to go up into the surface being nagged at by some annoying mother****ing queen, only to be forced to wear goggles because apparently it's my fault I was born underground, only to be infected by imulsion and be ***** by an imulsion bomb

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Who's up for some online matches tonight guys? Team SWF style. Thanks to my gf being gone for the night this is one of the rare opportunities I'll have to be able to game to my heart's content.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Locusts are pretty much what the humans say. They're heartless emotionless monsters with no weakness.

I don't think they're going to be all up on their own ***** on ****** a beserker. Besides beauty is subjective. What we find butt ugly they can find extremely beautiful and sexy

:phone:

Btw Halloween event is up. Boom snipes is hilarious

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God this is hilarious. Spawn snipe in thrash all all day. People need to learn that of the person is in sniping distance, it's probably best to use a sniper rifle, not a boomshot. And so need learn to stop camping in groups with sniper rifles. I came in on sandbar with 3 people huddled up together trying to snipe someone that was downed, and I just triple killed them all with my boomshot

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Let me get this straight. We face off against crappy people and F8AL and TRG leave. I'm in a team with just bots against them and I still manage to bring the team to victory with like 5 points to spare. They still dont ragequit and it's the next round. Suddenly people join up and then we start losing even though I was doing decent.

So basically randoms are even worse than bots. Holy ****

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well I was around 25-3 by the end of that and everyone else on my team went negative. I'm pretty sure I was the one who made the people rage quit

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
SNiper playlists turn into the most campy POS games ever.

:(

I blame the maps and the fact epic cant seem to get anything right ever.

I thought myyrah was marcus's mom too. shes not locust, thats not actually up for debate. If you think she is......sell all copies of gears 1 2 and 3 back and never spawn offspring.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
These playlists show how bad the spawns are. All the games on boom snipes I've played is people trying to get snipes from all the way from their spawn and trying to hit people with boomshots from sniper range

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
And Wretched is actually really good at this game everyone. It was highly enjoyable playing with him.

On a different note, as it seems almost no one knows this yet it's been the same since the beta, a meatshield will absorb a SO bullet with no problem. Heck about 70 or 80% of the time it wont even make you drop the meatshield. A Gnasher on the other hand can down your meatshield in 2 shots and gib you before your character can pull out his weapon, so don't use it against them you'll probably lose.

And finnally I'm only 4 matches away from getting the gold Skunk medal! I've not seen anyone else with this one yet.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Holy crap I'm convinced that there is no other multiplayer game in history that's more frustrating to play with randoms in than Gears of War 3.

I was in the middle of a Lancer battle with an opponent while my dumb *** teammate was standing next to me doing nothing and after I got downed what does that mother ****er do? He teabags my downed body like a douchebag and then proceeds get downed himself! Like seriously what the **** dude?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I just hate it when randoms see me down someone for last kill and proceed to finish him off themselves with some bullets when I was gonna execute him myself

Btw TRG, I'm sorry I stole all your kills when we played. I swear they were all by accident. We both always happened to be shooting at the same person when I stole them >_>

Top Bottom