• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geckos OS 1.8--looking sexy.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Dekuu, are there any Gamecube memory cards inserted in you Wii, if so, I recommend taking them out.
Problem arise when booting up Brawl with Memory card inserted.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
No, there are none. I know of that error since day 1. Maybe I should erase HBC and start over.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Starting over won't change anything. Try fixing your gcts.
Problem is I don't know what's wrong with the cgts :ohwell: And I'm not sure why I'm getting these errors now and not before, if I'm following the exact same .cgt creation procedure.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
yeah, I have a problem with 1.8...it was working just fine, then it suddenly stopped working. all it did was load the border and then it freezes. 1.07 works just fine though...
just tried 1.8.2...it loads, but not the codes...

Almas

Smash Lord
The files should be .gct, Dekuu, not .cgt, although I'm not sure if that actually has an input. You seem to have made the same typo several times.

Zephyr, you must go into config settings and make sure SD cheats is enabled. It defaults to "off".

Almas

Smash Lord
You've just called .gct files .cgt multiple times in a row. The name of the file that you should be launching from GeckoOS should be RSBE01.gct. I'm sure it's probably a trivial difference, but I thought I'd just let you know.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Oh lol. I failed to see the difference again. Yeah, it was a typo.

EDIT: For some REALLY odd reason my Wii's date was set to 2035. I changed it back and now everything works normally. Wow...who would have guessed?

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Oh lol. I failed to see the difference again. Yeah, it was a typo.

EDIT: For some REALLY odd reason my Wii's date was set to 2035. I changed it back and now everything works normally. Wow...who would have guessed?
...Dyslexia sucks. :ohwell:

Anyway I'll get on this when there's a channel. I guess I'm too used to not having to go through HBC to launch games. If anyone can post the channel installation link I'll hop on this 1.8 myself.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Wait, are we talking about Gecko OS 1.8.0.2? My homebrew browser says I have the update when I clearly don't.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
What's the benefit of being able to patch when we already have limitless lines? I'm not sure what others have been doing, but to save myself from dealing with needless confusion I've been using the snapshot method, which works nicely. I haven't bothered with the double GCT method, I'm not too familiar with it. However, I understand that both methods offer quite a bit of lines, snapshots offering the most at 12,000. Why aren't we all just using snapshots?

Also, does patching overwrite game properties so that you don't need the SD card, the codes just become part of the game?

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
Also, does patching overwrite game properties so that you don't need the SD card, the codes just become part of the game?
No, you can't write data to the disc after all. That's why you just have to launch the game through te Disc Channel if you want to play vBrawl.

Almas

Smash Lord
You can launch vBrawl through the Homebrew channel by disabling SD Codes. This is important for people using it for the region-free properties.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
You can launch vBrawl through the Homebrew channel by disabling SD Codes. This is important for people using it for the region-free properties.
Not to mention when BootMii is finally released. I can't wait for that personally.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Orca, the reason we all are not using the snapshot method is because the double gct method is arguably better, easier to understand and more convenient.
One gct--which has codes like, SD loader, SD files, execute gct, etc--goes in /codes.
Everything else goes in private/wii/app/rsbe/pf.
And that's it. Simple and basically unlimited in lines.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Could someone tell me how to install version 1.8? Didnt seem to work when I just dropped it into Apps.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Could someone tell me how to install version 1.8? Didnt seem to work when I just dropped it into Apps.
After extracting the file, you have to go into it, and go to the file called "HBC" then copy the folder in that apps files in the apps file on the root of your SD card.

So it should be like--

<SD card>/apps/Gecko OS 1.8/HBC/apps/Gecko OS 1.8
Copy what's in orange into the first apps folder.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
i like this person

double gct is arguably easier, but its just a question of familiarity
and i personally believe that snapshots are cooler :p
I thought the double gct method didn't work with a lot of codes. Or is that just me?

alvicala

Smash Cadet
I thought the double gct method didn't work with a lot of codes. Or is that just me?
Some codes didnt work at first (like the level freezer) with the double .gct method.

However, with some fixes these codes that didnt work were made compatible with this method.

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
I have a complaint. Gecko OS 1.8.2 crashes about 1/4 times I try to launch it. I've tested for the possibility of the codes I'm applying to be causing it (by using Ocarina to launch the codes instead), and I'm certain at this point that the thing just crashes somehow. Is anyone else getting this?

Sukai

Smash Champion
I have a complaint. Gecko OS 1.8.2 crashes about 1/4 times I try to launch it. I've tested for the possibility of the codes I'm applying to be causing it (by using Ocarina to launch the codes instead), and I'm certain at this point that the thing just crashes somehow. Is anyone else getting this?
Perhaps it's your codes.
Reinstall them.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Quick question: I'm trying to load the new BrawlPlusery codeset (as of 4/3/09) on my Wii w/Gecko OS. When it says "SD codes found. Applying", instead of loading instantly like it did w/ the previous BrawlPlusery codeset, it just froze. Is it because I need to upgrade to Gecko OS 1.8?

I put this here so I wouldn't have to waste space on the boards with another "help me" thread. Thanks in advance. :)

Almas

Smash Lord
Your issue is probably caused by you trying to load Brawl+ using only the "true" .gct. As detailed in the thread, you must have two .GCTs on your SD card: one in SD:\Codes\, and one in SD:\private\wii\APP\RSBE\pf (create the folder if necessary). Links to both as well as which goes where is in the thread.

Saltix

Smash Lord
What is this double gct method? what does it allow me to do?

And also, I don't want to have to run Gecko 1.8 unless necessary.... does GeckoOS1.7 have a 256 line limit?

I never knew how to do the snapshot method lol

Sukai

Smash Champion
What is this double gct method? what does it allow me to do?

And also, I don't want to have to run Gecko 1.8 unless necessary.... does GeckoOS1.7 have a 256 line limit?

I never knew how to do the snapshot method lol
Double gct basically lets you use unlimited codes.

Gecko 1.8 has everything 1.7 has and more. Having used it since it's launch, I can vouch that it works just fine.

Don't be ashamed, I have no clue how to do snapshot either.

Haha Lucky 777th post!

Saltix

Smash Lord
So if I run this GeckoOS 1.8,
I'll have unlimited lines of code?
or is it already in 1.7
???

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
does anyone have a link for codemgr 1.0?

1.1 has some odd glitch that will not let me place over 252 lines. so, it will make Gecko1.8.02 pretty much useless.

Sukai

Smash Champion
So if I run this GeckoOS 1.8,
I'll have unlimited lines of code?
or is it already in 1.7
???
The natural code limit is increased, but the double gct method gives you virtually unlimited lines.
Again, 1.8 has everything 1.7 has, and more, nothing was taken out, only added.

Top Bottom