• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gen V OU RMT: All the Power in the World.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG

Intro

I have always been skeptical about set up sweeping because I've been paranoid that on the turn you set up Swords Dance or Nasty Plot, a Pokemon faster than you switches in and threatens a OHKO. After those events occur, a turn is wasted and you're forced to switch out. That really sucks! Everything would have just been better if you started attacking immediately and done some good damage at least. So I thought, I should have use a team with Pokemon who just hit off extremely hard right off the bat without any need to even use boosting moves. This would need Choice items. Choice Scarf isn't exactly needed since why would I need that to revenge kill when I could just use Band boosted priority? I've decided to make this a team of Choice Banders covering threats everywhere, with great synergy.

Team Building

In this generation, Sand gets two great sweepers with abilities to abuse it. They are Landorus and Excadrill. I wanted to pick one of those. Even though Excadrill has the speed, Landorus has the raw, unreal power. He also has Stone Edge, which has a base power of 130 in the Sand. So Landorus goes here.

Knowing how the move Will-o-Wisp is a huge threat to any physical attacker, I wanted a Fire type to absorb it. I was looking at Darmanitan and his extremely powerful Flare Blitz. With a Choice Band behind that, it's ridiculous. I couldn't pass it up.

If I want Landorus to be the menace he is, I'll need Sand. I chose Tyranitar, because his base 134 Attack is a true terror, and serves as a great counter to most special attackers. Sand is also mandatory since I'll need a weather that isn't rain to keep Darmanitan's Flare Blitz safe from getting nerfed.

I wanted a counter for Garchomp, and Cloyster is the best one. Cloyster has access to Ice Shard, which can help pick off weakened enemies, especially those weak to it, like Salamence or Latios. Cloyster also helps with the Gliscor problem. He also has basically a STAB 125 Ice attack to bust down many Pokemon. Cloyster works greatly here.

Since Gen IV, Dragon is practically the best offensive typing, with all Dragons having insane offensive base stats, and with moves of high base power, and the fact that it is only resisted by Steel, so I wanted a Dragon. Garchomp might seem like a good idea, but using it along with Landorus may seem redundant. Salamence... is basically a slower Garchomp without the STAB on Earthquake. Haxorus is too frail, and is even slower than Salamence. While Dragonite is slower, he has Extremespeed, which can serve as extremely useful priority. He also has Fire Punch, which is superior to Fire Fang on Salamence and Garchomp. Dragonite is in.

Now I need my entry hazards. I want both Stealth Rock and Spikes, and a defensive Steel type to switch in on Dragons, so it's narrowed down to Skarmory, Forretress, and Ferrothorn. Skarmory is more of a wall and a phazer, Forretress is a utility Pokemon, and Ferrothorn is a staller. My team isn't built on defensive cores, so Ferrothorn doesn't fit well. I don't really need to shuffle the team around with hazards. Knowing how my team is choiced, I'm going to be switching often, so I'll need hazards out of my field, so I have to choose Forretress.

Changes

Well after testing this team out plenty, I feel as if Darmanitan is the weakest link. Choice Band Adamant Sheer Force Flare Blitz did kill off almost everything that switched into it. Although there's a lot of power here, Darmanitan has been easily forced out by alot of things, and since it's weak to Stealth Rock, he's not exactly reliable. Here I decided to switch him to Infernape, who also shares a Will-o-wisp immunity, and has Fighting STAB. I've always wanted a Fighting type on this team seeing how they are ridiculously good this generation. Infernape also serves well with priority Mach Punch. He's also faster than Garchomp so that shark has to fear Close Combat.

Here's the team in detail:

TyrantSwag
Tyranitar@Choice Band
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant
Sand Stream

Crunch
Pursuit
Stone Edge
Aqua Tail

I lead with this half of the time. Max HP really gives him supreme bulk, especially on the the Special Defense. Crunch is my main move. Pursuit is great as it catches switches. Many people don't expect Tyranitar to use Pursuit if their Pokemon isn't weak to Dark, but when they do switch out,they die. My favorite time to use Pursuit is when I changed the weather, and they don't have anything to break me down in one move, so they switch, and BAM! They lose their weather inducer and favored conditions. Stone Edge is for when really need to use the strongest move I have, or when Rock coverage is necessary. I pick Aqua Tail as my coverage attack for a few reasons. One big reason is Gliscor. Then there is also Balloon Heatran. Hippowdon is another reason, as well as some Donphans. I outspeed those two and 2HKO with Aqua Tail while Tyranitar can survive an Earthquake.

DJ Landlos
Landorus@Choice Band
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly
Sand Force

Earthquake
Stone Edge
U-Turn
Explosion

Sand Force Earthquake really just crumbles things. Stone Edge is for Flying types and Levitate Pokemon, like Gengar who are all dismantled U-Turn is always a great move on a Choice Bander, and it also gives good coverage along Ground+Rock. It really gets those Latios trying to come in on Earthquake Explosion is mainly filler, but there have been times that it has saved me before. It helped me stop a Virizion that has set up.

ForestSwag
Forretress@Leftovers
252 HP /4 Atk / 252 SpD 0 Spe IV
Sassy
Sturdy

Stealth Rock
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Gyro Ball

This is my buffer against most Dragons tha thave used up a Draco Meteor or are stuck on Outrage. I've made this Forretress a slow as possible to power up the Gyro Ball. I'm not using Payback here since Payback no longer hits with double damage on switch-ins, and the fact that Rotom-A are no longer ghosts. Should Espeon ever switch in, Gyro Ball would put it on the verge of death. Stealth Rock is great as always, and Spikes also helps because since everything is choiced, I'd like if my attacks do OHKO. Rapid Spin is needed as I often switch around a lot. The lower speed also helps me against Ferrothorn since I can Rapid Spin after it uses Spikes or Leech Seed.

JungleSwag
Infernape@Choice Band
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly
Iron Fist

Close Combat
Flare Blitz
Mach Punch
U-Turn

I lead with this half of the time, since it beats most things one-on-one. Fire and Fighting Coverage is amazing, especially when they are of base 120 Power. Close Combat is used most of the time to sweep late game. Flare Blitz is just as strong, and takes out some Steels. Mach Punch is nice Priority. Iron fist boosts it at a respectable Base 48 Power, and with STAB and a Band, it can OHKO a weakened Excadrill most of the time. U-turn is also great for shifting the momentum as Infernape forces switches. This has worked better than Darmanitan.

Swagster
Cloyster@Choice Band
252 HP /252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant
Skill Link

Icicle Spear
Ice Shard
Razor Shell
Rock Blast

Ice coverage is excellent, which Cloyster does greatly. Ice Shard checks all of the Dragons. It also takes care of the Gliscor issue, by forcing it to die to have a partner take a a barrage of Icicle Spears to the face. Everyone with Gliscor expects it to use Shell Smash, which is funny while they end up dying. Another great thing about Icicle Spear is that it breaks Substitutes, so Garchomp and Whimsicott are killed regardless. Razor Shell is just another STAB move. Rock Blast is rarely used, but it's useful against some Waters.

Swagonite
Dragonite@Choice Band
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant
Inner Focus

Outrage
Superpower
Fire Punch
Extremespeed

Inner Focus is used, mainly since I'm choiced, there are no leftovers, and there are no Wish passers, and I don't have Roost. Outrage is my STAB move here since it really brings pain. I'm using Superpower here to cover resisters, especially Heatran. I'm also using it instead of Earthquake so it won't be an inferior Garchomp. Fire Punch is used for Steels like Forretress. Extremespeed is the main sell off here. It 2HKOs almost everything faster than Dragonite.

Old Teammates

SheerSwag
Darmanitan@Choice Band
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant
Sheer Force

Flare Blitz
Superpower
U-Turn
Rock Slide

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm assuming wifi tier?

i'd just use multi-scale on dragonite, you get to live for another hit so why not use it, i don't think flinching is that common so inner focus isn't going to stop much, might as well make him able to take another hit

and you may want to change superpower for earthquake on dragonite, you lose some power but you don't get the stat drops that he would get from superpower (heck, superpower isn't even listed on any of him movesets in the statistics)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I don't see the point in choicing Cloyster and Landorus.

Cloyster's set can stay the same, but run leftovers instead, since he has the power to KO all the necessary Ice-weak targets with icicle spear.

Landorus should really run LO+Double Dance over Explosion+U-turn. SD Landorus is by far one of the most powerful sweepers in the metagame right now, and it doesn't get quite as much use out of being choice-locked into earthquake as you think. Rock Polish lets you get the advantage vs. heavy offense and outspeed excadrill.

You don't have a way to deal with the lati twins after tyranitar is gone, as even CB Ice Shard isn't going to 1hko it, and you'll have to sacrifice either dragonite or cloyster to take it down. Specs sets from either will score easy 1hkos on every single member of your team (and a 2hko on ttar on the switch) and will be extremely difficult for you to take down. Other 110s and faster will be extremely difficult for you to take down (think things like Starmie, Alakazam, Jolteon, Thundurus, Gengar, etc. Any scarfer will also be able to take you down with a little bit of luck/prediction, and that's depressing as hell that your team can lose to a scarfed jirachi/victini like it's nothing. Hell, any scarfer that is faster than base 60 outspeeds your entire team. Think...Heatran, for example. Anything that can get a DD in on your team sweeps it to hell and back too, and your only defense is relying on your opponent to be stupid.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
i'm assuming wifi tier?

Yes, the real metagame.
i'd just use multi-scale on dragonite, you get to live for another hit so why not use it, i don't think flinching is that common so inner focus isn't going to stop much, might as well make him able to take another hit

Scarfrachi, Fake Out leads. Sandstorm, hazards, and the fact that I'm not going to heal means Multi-scale will hardly ever activate on a useful time so it is not worth it over the occasional flinches.
and you may want to change superpower for earthquake on dragonite, you lose some power but you don't get the stat drops that he would get from superpower
Balloon Heatran. That thing has occured often enough that Superpower is superior for the Band set. Stat drops will hardly matter since I'm going to be switching in and out. (heck, superpower isn't even listed on any of him movesets in the statistics)
And why should I be copying sets?
I don't see the point in choicing Cloyster and Landorus.

Cloyster's set can stay the same, but run leftovers instead, since he has the power to KO all the necessary Ice-weak targets with icicle spear.

Without Choice Band, I lack power to really threaten neutral targets. Ferrothorn and Reuniclus are not 2HKOd for example. Choice Band is also necesarry to power up Ice Shard to revenge kill threats.
Landorus should really run LO+Double Dance over Explosion+U-turn.
...No it should not.
SD Landorus is by far one of the most powerful sweepers in the metagame right now, and it doesn't get quite as much use out of being choice-locked into earthquake as you think.
I don't see what's wrong with being locked with an immediately powerful Earthquake if I know that the opponent does not have Ground immunities thanks to Team Preview. If I know that my opponent still has a Gengar in the wings, I use Stone Edge instead.
Rock Polish lets you get the advantage vs. heavy offense and outspeed excadrill.
Latios isn't OHKOd by Stone Edge and can retaliate, but he is OHKOd by U-turn on the switch. Excadrill doesn't even 2HKO Landorus anyway.
You don't have a way to deal with the lati twins after tyranitar is gone, as even CB Ice Shard isn't going to 1hko it, and you'll have to sacrifice either dragonite or cloyster to take it down.
Ice Shard can OHKO Latios after Stealth Rock and some Sand. It would be a one-for-one deal. The Latis are usually beaten by getting U-turn baited from Infernape or Landorus. Latios is going to get banned soon anyway.
Specs sets from either will score easy 1hkos on every single member of your team (and a 2hko on ttar on the switch) and will be extremely difficult for you to take down.
Forretress isn't OHKOd and can either weaken it or set up more layers or spin. Other 110s and faster will be extremely difficult for you to take down (think things like Starmie, Alakazam, Jolteon, Thundurus, Gengar, etc.
Most of those are beaten by priority. Jolteon is hard countered by Tyranitar. Infernape can live a Shadow Ball from Gengar and KO with Flare Blitz. Most of the time Gengar is actually beaten by Fire Punch from Dragonite.
Any scarfer will also be able to take you down with a little bit of luck/prediction, and that's depressing as hell that your team can lose to a scarfed jirachi/victini like it's nothing. Hell, any scarfer that is faster than base 60 outspeeds your entire team. Think...Heatran, for example.
Most of the time with scarfers, I switch in bulky resists and either set up hazards, or smack the predicted switch with the stongest move possisble.
Anything that can get a DD in on your team sweeps it to hell and back too, and your only defense is relying on your opponent to be stupid.
The team has insurance against everything with Dragon Dance.
Replies in bold.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
why should you be copying sets? cause they're proven to work

doesn't matter if you're not healing or not, multiscale turns some OHKOs to 2HKOs and some 2HKOs to 3HKOs, he's not your lead so there goes your fear of fake out leads, which leaves jirachi, in which i'm pretty sure your dragonite outspeeds his 3 main sets and jirachi can only switch into tyranitar, forretress, and cloyster while he'll get destroyed by infernape and landlos and most likely lose to dragonite if he's the more commonly bulky build

i haven't played in a while so i didn't know if wifi or dream world was the main tier used

also, you have too many choiced pokes which causes a lot of switching, and you're relying on forretress to take care of all hazards for your team to function, which isn't safe

change dragonite and landlos to boosting sets, something along these lines:

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Adamant / Multiscale
252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch
Dragon Dance
Roost

yea it's pretty standard but it gives good coverage, yea you're walled by heatran but you got 3 guys who destroy him anyways so being walled by him isn't bad when your team is pretty strong against him

and for landorus

Landorus @ Life Orb
Naive / Sand Force
252 Atk / 6 SpA / 252 Spe
Rock Polish
Earthquake
Stone Edge
HP Ice

With Rock Polish, you can now beat any choice scarf poke you want, especially with the power this guy boasts, HP Ice is simply for coverage as earthquake and stone edge will pretty much decimate everything else (Earthquake is practically base 200 and stone edge is base 133)

with these two guys going from choice sets to these, it frees up a lot of options for your teams, now you are not forced to switch and can continue to threaten the opponent with these beasts, infernape should stay choice band to deal with excadrill, and your team is also not as reliant on the weather with these changes as both can sweep with a little set-up

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
why should you be copying sets? cause they're proven to work
People like you are why competitive Pokemon gets boring and predictable. If everyone followed that principle, then OU would consist of ten Pokemon.

doesn't matter if you're not healing or not,
Uh, yeah it does?

multiscale turns some OHKOs to 2HKOs and some 2HKOs to 3HKOs,
If I want to keep Multi-scale in tact, I can't switch Dragonite onto anything at all, and if my opponent has a phazer, then the ability is wasted. And I do intend on switching Dragonite onto attacks seeing how bulky he is.
he's not your lead so there goes your fear of fake out leads,
Are you used to playing on ****ty servers that don't have Team Preview? If I see Ambipom, theres a Fake Out lead who is going to go down to Extremespeed.
which leaves jirachi, in which i'm pretty sure your dragonite outspeeds his 3 main sets
Jirachi has base 100 Speed. Dragonite has base 80 Speed, as you see I'm not running any Speed EVs, so Jirachi shouldn't be outsped, unless it's some ******** Trick Room set.
and jirachi can only switch into tyranitar, forretress, and cloyster while he'll get destroyed by infernape and landlos and most likely lose to dragonite if he's the more commonly bulky build
K. Jirachi would beat Multi-Scale Dragonite with Flinches.

i haven't played in a while so i didn't know if wifi or dream world was the main tier used
Smogon decides all of its rules based on Wifi. They don't bother discussing a metagame that no one really knows fully about it.

also, you have too many choiced pokes which causes a lot of switching, and you're relying on forretress to take care of all hazards for your team to function, which isn't safe
It's been safe enough for me. There's been plenty of times I can Rapid Spin freely, mainly to Ghosts dying to Tyranitar, and "clever" players who think setting up six Calm Minds with Reuniclus is a great idea, while I can spin and set up all layers of hazards, then end up OHKOing the Reuniclus with CB Crunch.

change dragonite and landlos to boosting sets, something along these lines:

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Adamant / Multiscale
252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch
Dragon Dance
Roost

That is too slow paced, and I'll just end up wasting time once a strong Ice Beam user comes in. If Dragonite really wants to make use of Multi-Scale, he's better off spamming Thunder Wave and Roost.

and for landorus

Landorus @ Life Orb
Naive / Sand Force
252 Atk / 6 SpA / 252 Spe
Rock Polish
Earthquake
Stone Edge
HP Ice

The only reason HP Ice is used is because of Gliscor, which Cloyster soundly beats. This set has issues with priority. I don't want to use Rock Polish and then come across Choice Band Azumarrill/Scizor/Mamoswine/whatever since I'll just end up wasting a turn. I will also end up getting owned by Ferrothorn with that set.

your team is also not as reliant on the weather with these changes as both can sweep with a little set-up
I don't see how these changes would make them any less dependent on sandstorm. If anything, Landorus would be more reliant since he's losing a lot of power from Choice Band.
Replies in bold.

[collapse=Assumptions]I'll say this now, hardly any strategy in pokemon is deemed to work against everything. There are always things to counter your team, but the general idea behind an RMT I am familiar with is to critize it against various forms of strategies because you want to achieve an all encompassing team. Also since you have created a team that seems to rely consider competitive pokemon standards, I feel like treating it as such. [/collapse]

[collapse=Issues]
First and foremost, 5 choice pokemon team is a really bad idea. Everyone pokemon has a counter and you are stuck with pokemon that can only use one move at a time and if the right pokemon switches in on it, you are going to have to switch. And a forced switch means a free turn for the opposing pokemon to do whatever.

It also doesn't help that most of your pokemon are relatively slow and all EVs are poored into atk and speed. This makes them really brittle to attacks and many pokemon can come in on most of your team and sweep it.

Pokemon that carry priority moves are the first thing that come to mind against this team. Scizor comes to mind as a threat. It resists many of the moves your pokemon might be throwing around, and the forced switch allows it to set-up with sword dance. A bullet punch will 1-2HKO your entire team except forretress, but forretress does not stop scizor. It can simply heal up/set-up more, then KO it with either a bug move or fighting move. But, this happens with many other pokemon in that all they need to do is ride that free switch with a set-up, then beat your team. Landorus is probably the only pokemon you have to keep other things in check, but once its gone you are open to getting sweeped.

Another issue is stealth rock and sandstorm combined. If your opponent gets it set-up (which is not hard since you have nothing to stop it getting set-up first turn), then your dragonite, infernape, cloyster will be quickly decimated with multiple switches eating their health away, and 1/16 damage from sandstorm. Pokemon with higher base speed and decent attack will OHKO them after that damage reduction from a single turn.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Suggestions]
I really suggest you reconsider putting 5 of your pokemon on choice band. 1 is alright, 2 is pushing it, but anything more than that is bad. If you want to keep it, decide which 1-2 pokemon you will keep them on.

Since you have a sandstorm team, I think you should switch out tyranitar with either a defensive hippowdon spread or a more bulky tyranitar. A choice band lead I have seen work, but you have to consider the rest of the team if you keep it. A choice band tyranitar will not stop set-ups and many pokemon carry focus sash on the lead preventing you from a OHKO.

Landorus can stay as is, but a sweeper set-up is not half bad idea to change out with.

Forretress is alright as well, but it cannot really do much other than slow other pokemon down with physical attacks and set-up spikes/stealth rock. It has not real damage output. So, I see forretress as more of a liability in the long run. I suggest running a ferrothorn set-up instead. Ferrothorn can provide needed bulk against dragons, but it does more by damaging physical attacks, giving status, leech seeding pokemon, and setting-up spikes or stealth rock. You can even have ferrothorn dual as a mixed wall. Overall, ferrothorn does a lot forretress can do already, but more.

I've typed too much already. So a short wrap up on the rest. I'd sack cloyster entirely. Too slow and too many weaknesses. Infernape would be good as a mixed attacker. Dragonite is probably outpaced by garchomp. Excadrill is a canditate to abuse sand rush trait. Special attacks are welcome to any team, consider using them.
[/collapse]

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Yes, the real metagame.
the instant I read this I knew you were an uptight smogonite. no need to be an *** about it.

Balloon Heatran. That thing has occured often enough that Superpower is superior for the Band set. Stat drops will hardly matter since I'm going to be switching in and out. (heck, superpower isn't even listed on any of him movesets in the statistics)
And why should I be copying sets?
This is true, and also why you're required to have inner focus as there's a 5th gen compatibility issue with superpower/multiscale last time I checked.

Without Choice Band, I lack power to really threaten neutral targets. Ferrothorn and Reuniclus are not 2HKOd for example. Choice Band is also necesarry to power up Ice Shard to revenge kill threats.
Let's imagine that your opponent brings in a DDMence, Dragon Dances on the switch, then brings in a smart switch to your Cloyster. I've played all-choice teams too, and I know just smacking the other pokemon and sacrificing what's currently out more often than not solves the problem of setup, but what if your opponent has a brain?

...No it should not.
Landorus is only really checked by azumarill, since it has enough physical bulk to take a single priority hit and will outspeed all scarfers after a Rock Polish. If you know your opponent has a slower team, you can swords dance and deal with things accordingly. You know how it works, and it really doesn't need much more than quakeedge since you have your choiced Ice type to deal with the few things that resist the combo.

I don't see what's wrong with being locked with an immediately powerful Earthquake if I know that the opponent does not have Ground immunities thanks to Team Preview. If I know that my opponent still has a Gengar in the wings, I use Stone Edge instead.
Yomi layers. Not everybody is a ******* who plays on autopilot.

Latios isn't OHKOd by Stone Edge and can retaliate, but he is OHKOd by U-turn on the switch. Excadrill doesn't even 2HKO Landorus anyway.
This is true, but you still have another U-turner who is arguably a better Lati@s lure already.

Ice Shard can OHKO Latios after Stealth Rock and some Sand. It would be a one-for-one deal. The Latis are usually beaten by getting U-turn baited from Infernape or Landorus. Latios is going to get banned soon anyway.
Typical Smogon. "Oh, this is difficult to prepare for, so we should ban it". I saw your entire forum whining about how to deal with reuniclus because it is difficult for full stall teams to deal with. Also, again, being U-turn bait is a good way to weaken it, but if your opponent gets the jump on you it can easily sweep your team.

Most of those are beaten by priority. Jolteon is hard countered by Tyranitar. Infernape can live a Shadow Ball from Gengar and KO with Flare Blitz. Most of the time Gengar is actually beaten by Fire Punch from Dragonite.
Dragonite is a solid pokemon that can deal with any one of those fast offensive threats by taking a hit and KO'ing back (or outspeeding and beating it with extremespeed), but it definitely can't deal with two of them and can't always switch in effectively. Also, Infernape is guaranteed to be ko'ed after switching into SR and taking 2 rounds of sandstorm damage, which is perfectly realistic.

Most of the time with scarfers, I switch in bulky resists and either set up hazards, or smack the predicted switch with the stongest move possisble.
Again, with the vast majority of your team choiced, the opponent can do the similar thing, and will also have the advantage of seeing every single one of your bulky resists beforehand, and choosing to either take advantage of them the first time around or lulling you into a sense of complacency by playing standard the first time around and then surprising you the second time. Plus there are a few things that are difficult for your team to deal with, such as scarfed Heracross, which could sweep through a slightly weakened team easily.

The team has insurance against everything with Dragon Dance.
Gyarados and Ferealigatr are the two main threats you don't cover, and are the two most likely things other than salamence to be carrying Dragon Dance in the first place. Hell, even though Scrafty is so slow, it can DD up, outspeed your entire team, and sweep.
Replies in bold.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i didn't even realize that you have 5 pokemon choice banded

that's pretty bad, you should really only have 2 pokes max with a choice, and one should always be choice scarf (or a choice band priority user)

your team lacks bulk outside of forrey, who gets owned by any fire attack (heatran?)

and cause your entire team is choiced, you're basically relying on a lucky crit hit to mess up the opponents plan since you'll be switching so often due to being locked into 1 move all the time, especially when conkeldurr 1-2HKOs your entire team while nothing on your team outside of possibly dragonite's outrage and landorus' earthquake 2HKOs

even swampert can destroy your team since he'll hit everything minus cloyster and forrey for SE damage, basically 2HKOing your entire team minus those two, hippo does similar stuff, just he's bulkier and doesn't deal as much back

once tyranitar is gone, starmie ***** this team, it'll OHKO everything, gengar can do similar stuff, scarftran ruins your team

so you're basically relying on some stupid bull**** to go in your favor so you could win?

not entirely a good strategy

the problem with the team isn't the pokes, it's the fact 5 of them are choiced, if you want this team to be at least viable, at least 3 of your choiced pokes need changes

bandtar isn't a good lead, he's a great endgame sweeper like breloom is but he's not a great lead, just use the standard lead if you want to use him as one

landorus should run some sort of RP set, the RP/SD set works better than the one i listed before, oh and this also takes care of your so called jirachi weakness

cloyster can stay choiced, he's still obnoxious to switch into anyways and has awesome type coverage with rock/ice/water, which also hits a **** ton of stuff for SE damage

multi-scale helps a lot more than you think and jirachi is the only thing of relevance that uses flinch and jirachi can't switch into your team unless you have forrey out, in which you've already deployed a layer of spikes on top of SR, meaning it took a nice 12%

consider these changes before you write of anyone else cause i think the general consensus is that running 5 choice banded pokes is bad

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
no, a team of 5 choice banders is only bad because there isn't a scarf on there somewhere. otherwise it's perfectly workable and not that bad to use.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i thought the 5 choiced guys wouldn't work cause he has to keep switching

either way, your team has real trouble with water pokemon as with using just water and ice attacks, 4 of your 6 team members are hit for SE damage and the other 2 aren't don't have high special defense (since most water pokemon are special oriented)

starmie and swampert have fun with this team, you only have ttar to compete against starmie and cloyster to compete against swampert

for my final input, i think ferrothorn might work better for your team than forretress does, yes you lose rapid spin but ferrothorn covers your extreme weakness to water types

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Why don't you just switch Forry out for Specs Espeon and make your whole team choiced?

Top Bottom