• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Rereading Umineko does sound like a lot of fun, but there's just so many things I've never read / watched at all... and I guess that I've pretty much understood everything that's going on with the first run. (it did take most of the final episode for me to get there, but whatever :D)

the soliloquizing should be really hilarious to read when one actually knows about that ^^

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Charlotte's latest episode is by far the best one yet in the series. So much stuff went down and it was intense! We also finally found out why the series is called Charlotte.
Of course when Yuu time-leaped to save Ayumi, another threat/tragedy came to fruition and in this case the driver's family was held hostage and was forced to bring Kumagami to the culprits. Kumagami got tortured to hell losing his teeth and nails which was so brutal. Nao also got kidnapped and stripped of her clothes. Yuu had his right eye cut which made him unable to time-leap and he ended up activating his collapse ability. Kumagami did the most heroic thing and became a human shield for Nao, dying in the process.

Finally, we got the title drop and Charlotte is a comet which has been hinted variously in past episodes and in the OP/EDs of the starry night sky.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Charlotte ended up being so very disappointing...
Like, episodes 10-12 were a setup for a very weak final 13th.
So much wasted potential.
:196:

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
In other bad news, the sales for Summer 2015 DVDs is looking really, really bad. The best selling 2015 series was Charlotte at 7K copies. To put this into perspective, not long ago not being able to break 10K copies was considered a failure. None of these series even reached 8K.
Some of the comments in the linked Reddit post mention the possibility that there was some undercounting because Amazon sales weren't included. I don't know about that, but I do feel like it's probably worthwhile to wait a bit before evaluating the success of the Summer 2015 series given that most of them only have one volume out at this point.

I think this site is generally a good resource for anime DVD sales numbers. It suggests that volume 1 sales aren't a particularly good way to evaluate a series' performance.

Last edited:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
It is a real shame to see Manglobe has become bankrupt. I liked quite a few of their works, especially The World God Only Knows and recently Gangsta. Spring and Fall anime usually do a lot better and have more 2-cour series. I'm sure this new season's volumes will do better, hopefully.

Speaking of the new season, I'm already loving it. Noragami Aragoto kicked off really nicely; Bishamon and Yato greatness. Heavy Object started off quite decently but we'll see how it goes. Attack on Titan: Junior High is so stupid and ridiculous but I still enjoyed it. Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry seems like a typical ecchi magic academy type anime but I'm actually loving it so far; the main character is actually hilarious and smart, plus Stella is waifu material. Gakusen Toshi Asterisk seems really similar to Rakudai though, didn't really impress me but will still follow.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans was freaking awesome, I can't wait for more! Haikyuu!! Second Season was also fantastic, I'm so hyped for more volleyball action. Comet Lucifer reminds me a lot of Eureka Seven, hoping that turns out well. I still need to watch One-Punch Man and Owarimonogatari later tonight.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight where?
Better ask Katze

D

Deleted member

I'm having mixed feelings about the fall season so far. I didn't really enjoy the first episode of Heavy Object and Concrete Revoltio. I thought Comet Lucifer was decent. Rakudai Kishi no Calvary and Gakusen Toshi Asterik are kinda similar, but I liked the former more. However I find both to be a bit generic.
I enjoyed Young Black Jack but it sounds like it's underrated. One Punch Man and Noragami Aragoto had a great start, I'm looking forward to more.
I found Attack on Titan: Junior High to be cute, I think it's a funny parody. It's silly but I like it.
There's still some series from this season I want to watch but they haven't aired yet. So I'll write my first impressions when they come out.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Comet Lucifer is promising, Gakusen Toshi Asterisk looks generic, but its strong point is apparently a RPG game, so anime is probably going to be weak.
I loved the One Punch Man manga and the adaptation is wonderful, really looking forward for the rest

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk better be good since it already is confirmed to be a split-cour series, 2nd season airing next April. One Punch Man definitely lived up to the hype. Madhouse Studios was the perfect studio for this anime and it shows, especially during the fight scenes. Can't wait for Genos to appear next episode. Saitama grocery shopping/10 though.

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa ****ai ga Umatteiru had a great first episode. Sakurako's obsession with bones is so creepy yet intriguing. I really liked the way she came to the conclusion about the dead bodies by observing them very thoroughly. I'm curious how Shoutarou's relationship with Sakurako even began, I hope they reveal that later on.

Another mystery anime airing this season and pleasantly surprised me is Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider. Even though not much really happened this episode, I can already tell this will be really good. I like the character designs a lot, especially Moe; she looks really cute. I'm sure next episode we'll see some actual mystery solving with Shiki's case/situation.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Started watching Steins Gate

Wow what a slow, miserable, ridiculous, and confusing start. It's a miracle that so many people made it through that.

I stuck with it at the insistence of some, it does seem to get much better as it progresses. The humor is still rather immature and predictable though, and the characters are all pretty much forgettable or "tryhards" (aside from 2). I don't know how long I'll stick with it, there are just so many other superior movies and TV shows to watch. Hard to believe this is a recent anime, feels ancient.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow what a slow, miserable, ridiculous, and confusing start. It's a miracle that so many people made it through that.

I stuck with it at the insistence of some, it does seem to get much better as it progresses. The humor is still rather immature and predictable though, and the characters are all pretty much forgettable or "tryhards" (aside from 2). I don't know how long I'll stick with it, there are just so many other superior movies and TV shows to watch. Hard to believe this is a recent anime, feels ancient.
Steins;Gate definitely isn't for everyone. I do agree that it does start off slow and confusing but personally I think it gets better. Then again that's just my opinion. What episode are you on?

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Steins;Gate definitely isn't for everyone. I do agree that it does start off slow and confusing but personally I think it gets better. Then again that's just my opinion. What episode are you on?

On episode 5-6 right now, watching the subbed version.

It's just very odd how it's laid out, according to most reviewiers the first episode is definitely like a 7/10 (I'd give it a 6/10) and then each episode ramps up slowly finally leading to around a 9.5/10 finale. I mean that's great and all if it has one of the best pay offs and endings of all time, but the journey getting they shouldn't be so mediocre and long winded.

Compared to Cowboy Bebop, Sword Art Online, Gargantia, Deathnote.....I guess I'm just surprised to hear such praise on this one from what I've seen so far. It does make me think the last episodes must just be that revolutionary and mind-blowing. But what if they aren't? I fear it being a waste of time to further invest. I'm also an Engineer and have a rather extensive knowledge of science/physics so I'm afraid that my real world bias might get in the way of me enjoying some outlandish sci-fi plot devices...

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
-> Completly overlooked the start of Owarimonogatari.
-> Punches himself in the face.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Sword Art Online
I am not sure if I follow, but, are you saying you watched and liked that one?
If it is like that, then I find no reason not to sit through anything else and wait for it to get better.
because SAO didn't

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Well, so far, One Punch Man has been enjoyable, like quite really much so. Of all the animes airing now, that has been the most fun, IMO.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I am not sure if I follow, but, are you saying you watched and liked that one?
If it is like that, then I find no reason not to sit through anything else and wait for it to get better.
because SAO didn't
Could you explain the point of this post?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
SAO did never have an overall catching plot or a motivating climax (even their reveal of the Secret Final Boss was anticlimatic). If you had no problem watching that, then I don't think you'll have a problem with others, particularly Steins;Gate that does get progressively better.

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
Owarimonogatari
Kizumonogatari
Onepunch-Man An.
RWBY Season 3 inc.

...I'm at my limits. D:

/Mob Psycho 100 (one of One's other works besides Onepunch is also glorious).

Last edited:

Peff

Smash Cadet

The VN was better. The only problem is that the voice acting can't even compare with the anime adaptation's, particularly Okabe's laugh.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Bump because this show is awesome.
OPM anime is a glorious adaptation, is worth it to watch it even though I'm up to date with the manga. Though the manga was hilariously a bit better animated, the show is amazing.
The hero tryouts is the best scene so far. Looking forward for the Sea King's appearance.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
That Genos vs Saitama training scene alone is better than most anime action scenes that I've seen this year; that was so hype. Madhouse definitely knows how to do action. I'm really glad to hear the anime is doing the manga justice so far. I need to catch up to the manga after the anime ends. One Punch Man reminds me of Gintama in a lot ways, especially with the comedy. Saitama is one chill guy though; I want some udon noodles too.

Meanwhile, Noragami Aragoto's latest episode was fantastic. This Bishamon arc is by far the best one yet, especially how emotional and somewhat dark it got.
Dual wielding Yukines though, aw yeah~

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
OPM is awesome. On one hand you have the anime that's moving surprisingly fast and has good quality animation, on the other hand you have the remake whose quality is even better and is getting interesting fillers (even though it's moving really slowly), and on the third hand you have the original that is at a climax right now. It's like having 3 servings of your favorite cake (with a side serving of Mob every now and then).

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
We need that Boros fight. :<

Some of the names are kinda meh in the anime though, looking at you Sweet Mask.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just finished watching Arslan Senki/The Heroic Legend of Arslan. Easily one of the best anime I've watched.

I'd say it's up there with other of my favorites such as Code Geass, Parasyte or Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
OPM is truly AMAZING. One of the best of this season, right now.

The animation on it is just so great-

:gova:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Stumbled upon a manga named Kuro made by Somato. I don't remember who recommended Gakkou Gurashi earlier in this thread but it's the same kind of "cute girls doing cute things" that turns into a strange story. And it's in full colors.

PS : OPM is so good it probably deserves its own thread because I could write walls about how it's the best manga in the world but I don't want to pollute this thread.

Last edited:

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
*hopes Mob also gets redrawn and animated*

:/

Random: gud Romance/Slice of Life/Drama stuff: Studio Salty, Tamen de Gushi, Horimiya, Nijiiro Days.
Last 3 still ongoing.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
The most noteworthy anime airing this season for me are:

- One Punch Man
- Noragami Aragoto
- Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen
- Sakurako-san no Ashimoto
- Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??
- Owarimonogatari
- Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
TFW you want to go out ONE-PUNCHING but have to take care of the base-

(AKA one of the best moments in the last episode of OPM). :p

:bowser:

D

Deleted member

My top 3 favorites for this season are One Punch Man, Noragami Aragoto, and Sakurako-san.
Also I guess Young Black Jack is in 4th place, but that anime is so underrated no one ever talks about it. xD

My least favorite for this season is probably Heavy Object. I know it's a little similar to Aldnoah.Zero, but I think Aldnoah is better, it's less boring than Heavy Object~

Jacques Núanáin

Smash Rookie
OPM is great. I ended up dropping everything else (about six other anime)... eh...

Nearly finished watching Ushio to Tora. Quite nice.

Top Bottom