• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Can someone link me to a REALLY quality AMV?

and by quality I mean mindblowingly good.
One Piece
>:l http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCux3-B2iyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w8gKCipg3E

Naruto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzKAEBc3lZs (Probably my fav amv of all time still quality isnt that high though SOO MUCH EMOTION WAS FELT when i saw this)

AMV TO RULE OVER ALL AMV'S
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB92K56U1Vo

Soul Eater Amv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbtf1l6d48U it gave me chills

Bleach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9XCDTaMs8s the music & video sync was there.

I use to know alot more but i removed them from my youtube faves or they got deleted from youtube

RATED

Smash Lord
I'm going to search ( if I find it) a AMV that really gave chills when I saw it, was about Gurren Lagann when Simon " becomes a man".

also Gurren Lagann is too epic, also Mr Bushido from Gundam 00 is epic.

RATED

Smash Lord
Everyone should read Pokemon Special.
one of my best friends , reads that manga, he's always telling me that is awesome, I am thinking about reading it... since I saw Pikachu "destroying" (yes) a Arbok with his tail and cut it in a page while I was looking at his monitor one day.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I saw one with Charmeleon slashing an Arbok in half.
Although I heard that chapter was them fighting ghost pokemon that have already died.

Edit:

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I'm going to search ( if I find it) a AMV that really gave chills when I saw it, was about Gurren Lagann when Simon " becomes a man".

also Gurren Lagann is too epic, also Mr Bushido from Gundam 00 is epic.
"Don't believe in you who believes in me. Don't believe in me who believes in you. Believe in you who believes in you." - Kamina

Porssibly one of the best lines from anime ever, even if it didn't make much sense at first.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So is Bakuman =D
It totally is. I thought it was ok at the beginning, but now I love it.
anybody seen baccano! here?

i've heard good things about it and i'm considering watching it next. anybody else wanna give me a heads up on it?
Baccano! is one of my favorites. It has its own unique style and has a great cast of characters.
If you find yourself having the option, definitely watch it in English since it's much better (and suits it too).

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I dont know if anyone takes recommendations here but if you havent seen the Sonic movie you could check it out on youtube. its the movie that introduced me to anime and its still in my top 5 favorite movies

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Clannad ~After Story~ should definitely be in the OP

Watching Clannad is recommended, but the two don't really focus on the same things

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Clannad ~After Story~ should definitely be in the OP

Watching Clannad is recommended, but the two don't really focus on the same things
No one should ever skip Clannad if they plan on watching After Story.
The impact wouldn't feel nearly the same.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
yeah probably not

DEFINITELY watch Clannad if you want to watch After Story

but if you DON'T LIKE Clannad, don't discount After Story

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
If i was trying to get into anime and someone recommended clannad i think i would be like no thanks. the look alone would be a turn off. and thats like the main thing people focus on who don't like anime

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
is it really? i thought non-anime fans were put off by anime because alot of the like, the humor or stuff was sometimes kinda insider and geared towards people who already watched anime.

i also don't really see what's wrong with Clannad's animation, either.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
i also don't really see what's wrong with Clannad's animation, either.
Some casual viewers are turned off by a cast that has the majority of female characters.
Also some people don't like how moe/cute anime like Clannad are.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Clannad's artstyle is just very unappealing to me. I will not judge the series on that, but I really can not stand the way that the girls look. D:

But I still need to get around to watching/finishing it someday.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Pokemon Special redefines excellent (so long as you play the games) and is a great lead-in to anyone unfamiliar with manga, but familiar with Pokemon. The storylines weave themselves around the changes and improvements the game implements. I'm starting to think the developers read it a lot because so many of the new evolutions are from Pokemon existing in the parties of the main characters - Honchkrow, Weavile, Scizor, Porygon2/Z, Rhyperior, Ambipom, etc etc...saying the Ash-centred anime is as good as it should be a crime imo

Also ttgl *does* have a manga, unlike what the OP says. It's just overlooked for being nowhere near as popular as the anime, which is overly awesome and my favourite anime for epic factor. It also has a highschool-alternative manga, which is refreshing. Too bad onemanga imploded.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubo no Shichinin
Cat s*** one

both of those are really good but Rainbow has some explicit stuff and there's only one episode for Cat s*** one

btw, this thread needs moar High School of the Dead

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
btw, this thread needs moar High School of the Dead
The primes is cool and thats about it.
I personally think that the ecchi got the series to were its @ now.

and once again High Sch( . )Y( . )l of the dead something i wouldn't recommend to people, it has the look that turns people off of anime.
This thread isn't called anime & manga for people who likes anime & manga

I honestly think if i tried to recommend this series to one of my friends who don't like anime or manga it'll be a easy no. it meet all of the stereotypical requirements that turns most people off of anime/manga.

(i read the manga)

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
The primes is cool and thats about it.
I personally think that the ecchi got the series to were its @ now.

and once again High Sch( . )Y( . )l of the dead something i wouldn't recommend to people, it has the look that turns people off of anime.
This thread isn't called anime & manga for people who likes anime & manga
True. The ecchi does go overboard at times but its part of what makes HotD.
I see what you mean about it turning off people from anime because most people would assume anime is all about big breasted girls and panty shots if HotD were there first anime lol.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
True. The ecchi does go overboard at times but its part of what makes HotD.
I see what you mean about it turning off people from anime because most people would assume anime is all about big breasted girls and panty shots if HotD were there first anime lol.
I think the concept is really cool & simple and executed pretty well to but in the end its the Giant boobs panty shots & high pitch voices turning people off who want to approach it.
not saying that some one out there wont like it just more people would be turned off.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Seriously, I couldn't even get through one episode of High School Of The Dead. The fanservice was so over the top it was making me throw up. lol. Okay not throw up, but I try to keep an open mind when I go into a series and I just couldn't for that one. As ArtieBoy said, it is not a series that should be mentioned in this topic.

I might be a bit biased, though. I HATE fanservice and I really couldn't care less about zombie apocalypse survival series. Zombies are a bit overplayed in media these days. I never cared for zombies to begin with. :ohwell:

shehehe11

Smash Apprentice
FMA Brotherhood, anybody?
Yep, I've seen FMA Brotherhood. It was kinda rushed in the beginning of the series but I'm amazed how they stuffed the entire manga into 64 episodes . Extremely worth watching if you haven't read the manga cause they cover virtuallly everything.

That being said, any Eden of the East fans know when the fansub for the 2nd movie is coming out? i'm itching to watch the finale.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Pokemon Special redefines excellent (so long as you play the games) and is a great lead-in to anyone unfamiliar with manga, but familiar with Pokemon. The storylines weave themselves around the changes and improvements the game implements. I'm starting to think the developers read it a lot because so many of the new evolutions are from Pokemon existing in the parties of the main characters - Honchkrow, Weavile, Scizor, Porygon2/Z, Rhyperior, Ambipom, etc etc...saying the Ash-centred anime is as good as it should be a crime imo

Also ttgl *does* have a manga, unlike what the OP says. It's just overlooked for being nowhere near as popular as the anime, which is overly awesome and my favourite anime for epic factor. It also has a highschool-alternative manga, which is refreshing. Too bad onemanga imploded.
The PokeSpe is amazing.

RATED

Smash Lord
I saw Letter Bee ( the anime, I don't read manga. I enjoy OPs/EDs so much) and **** I can't wait for the 2nd season to come.

also WHY is not Code Geass listed on the first post? O____o

-----------------

lol I am kinda bored so what's you guys fav anime character/s?

mine : Kururugi Susaku , Simon and hallelujah baptism

also: FMA brotherhood is awesome!

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I recommend Vampire Knight. I hate demographics, but if I were to call it something, it'd probably be a Shoujo. I'm a guy, and I don't really care what genre an Anime is, I just watch whatever I think is good. So don't let the fact that this is a romance put you off of it. :)

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I recommend Vampire Knight. I hate demographics, but if I were to call it something, it'd probably be a Shoujo. I'm a guy, and I don't really care what genre an Anime is, I just watch whatever I think is good. So don't let the fact that this is a romance put you off of it. :)
Demographics is nothing to hate on. if your a guy and like something in the girl demographic theres nothing wrong with that

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Demographics is nothing to hate on. if your a guy and like something in the girl demographic theres nothing wrong with that
Well, I don't exactly hate demographics, I just don't like how most guys won't watch Shoujo because people will call them gay. You know it happens.
I'm glad you're not like that, though. :)

Top Bottom