• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion & Character Rankings

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i dont know if its that simple. i get out waaaaay more nowadays when i mash sdi inputs than i used to. i think its more complicated than this guy is making it out to be.

just for starters, he's not taking into account damage, how much the move is diminished or (most importantly) how fast the mk is mashing b.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Yeah it definitely doesn't make sense that way, because I've recently learnt how to get out the nado much more consistently than before. I had no idea the middle had no hitbox til recently. I'm dumb.

tibs7

Smash Champion
does anyone have a picture of snakes hurtbox when he utilts? Like as soon as the hitbox comes out. Also I don't believe it takes 6 frames to come
out.....
Snake is more ridiculous then nado. Believe me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
okay tibs. Here's a fact that'll make you reconsider:

If MK does a grounded tornado, and remains near the ground, the move will clash with Snake's utilt instead of being beaten by it.
Due to the small hitlag of tornado,
meta knight has a guaranteed down smash to hit Snake before he can do anything.

Meta Knight's tornado clanks with a lot of moves like this; and he gets free kill moves from it. So either get hit by tornado (yay), shield it (yay) or get stupi'd (mega yay).

tibs7

Smash Champion
How bout you get read once at ~110 and die from a move that will destroy anything that isn't nado.
And since when is nado ever grounded?

tedeth

Smash Master
lol. Clank.

Hilarious.

Aerial tornado clashes aswell. Niether have trancendant priority.

I think grounded has slower repetitive hitboxes which is why some super fast actions can be done on it OoS.

Maybe.

We could all be wrong.

EDIT: Actually I think I know what Shaya is getting at. If grounded tornado clashes with something, it stops. If aerial tornado clashes with something, it keeps going.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
isn't it just that grounded has a simple positional advantage for its hitboxes?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
tbh I don't often see anything try to challenge it except when I stupidly think smashing it is a good punish.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
i dont know if its that simple. i get out waaaaay more nowadays when i mash sdi inputs than i used to. i think its more complicated than this guy is making it out to be.

just for starters, he's not taking into account damage, how much the move is diminished or (most importantly) how fast the mk is mashing b.
this, also the direction you are SDI-ing, relative to the direction the tornado is moving

Rad

Smash Ace
lol. Clank.

Hilarious.

Aerial tornado clashes aswell. Niether have trancendant priority.
Pretty sure no aerials clank and that b-moves have different properties in the air because of this?

idk I'm not the person to ask so why am I even posting.
:urg:

tedeth

Smash Master
Most specials clash with most things, including aerials.

MK's glide attack has the same priority as alot of these specials, which is why it clashes.

If you watch closely, when an aerial hits MK's tornado, you will often see one hitbox clash and then the next hitbox to come out still hit the opponent.

Rad

Smash Ace
Thinking about it more I realise that you are correct. Moves clank with the tornado in the air while the nado keeps going.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its just basically a points system, where characters earn points depending on placements.
similar to how you are scored in a cup series in mario kart, if you will.

ahh mario kart... what cant you do?

SmashDaz

Smash Rookie
Mario Kart doesn't work in r/l unfortunately.

I'm actually a BIG MK fan. I'm on mariokart64.com.

Anyway, On my file the fighter with the most KO's is Meta Knight, but i'm using Marth atm.

zApollo

Smash Ace
How often is the OP updated? Expecting ZSS to be bumped up a bit after reloaded/val and SG.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I'm pretty proud that I achieved one of my goals and that was to make Link rise in this list. He was failure to almost standard.

Speaking of goals, I've became a mod (not really a goal), and I got on the Power Rankings List.

New goal is to beat all those top players in the NSW PR. FFFFFUUUU

Top Bottom