• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate General Discussion Invitational

Should Ultomato be allowed to host tournaments?

• Yeah. He learned from his mistakes.

• Maybe... if he changes things, A LOT

• Maybe with some help next time?

• Oh dear god no!

Results are only viewable after voting.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I'm glad I finally played some rounds with a Smashboarder tonight. It was nice to break the seal, so to speak.

Unrelated to the tournament itself, I'm gonna get a Switch dock in my room so I don't have to fight for the living room TV anymore. I wanna play this game all the time like I did in December, so you guys @ me when you're setting up arenas, 'kay? 'Kay.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So who won? I wanna know who I get to beat next. :p
Oh, @Shishœ all the way. I got 2-0'd and humbled.

I haven't played the game in weeks and I SD'd once in both matches. He's better than I am.

I'm gonna try playing some quick play between now and my next match, whenever that is. Someone just @ me when it's my turn again.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Oh, @Shishœ all the way. I got 2-0'd and humbled.

I haven't played the game in weeks and I SD'd once in both matches. He's better than I am.

I'm gonna try playing some quick play between now and my next match, whenever that is. Someone just @ me when it's my turn again.
Never fear, for my own Lucina will surely avenge you. ...probably. I actually think me and Shish are pretty evenly matched but don't tell Shish I said that, I have a reputation to maintain.

@Shishœ I demand satisfaction. I'm busy for the next three hours or so, but after that I'm free for the rest of the day. How does that work for you?

D

Deleted member

Never fear, for my own Lucina will surely avenge you. ...probably. I actually think me and Shish are pretty evenly matched but don't tell Shish I said that, I have a reputation to maintain.

@Shishœ I demand satisfaction. I'm busy for the next three hours or so, but after that I'm free for the rest of the day. How does that work for you?
I'm like, still on vacation so I'm free whenever unless something unexpected comes up so sure.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I failed, 2-0 to Shish

That puts me up against Badrat in the losers' bracket, then
@Badrat when are you around?
Well now we clearly need to duke it out to see who's the least-bad Lucina.

Assuming I'm free after work I'll be up for my next tournament match or friendlies with anyone in aboooout nine hours?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Well now we clearly need to duke it out to see who's the least-bad Lucina.

Assuming I'm free after work I'll be up for my next tournament match or friendlies with anyone in aboooout nine hours?
That's 2:30am where I am. ...I hope I don't have to play you in the tournament, now. :p

I can battle after my Nintenzone battles so like 2:30 CST
That's about 3 hours from now, yeah? I can do that.

D

Deleted member

That's 2:30am where I am. ...I hope I don't have to play you in the tournament, now. :p

That's about 3 hours from now, yeah? I can do that.
Wait i just realized you're a Lucina main oh no.....

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Wait i just realized you're a Lucina main oh no.....
Not to worry, I don't like playing against Ness either. :p

...I don't follow tier lists much or anything, but is Lucina considered pretty strong or something? Because this is the third or fourth "oh no not Lucina save meeeee" type of reaction I've had in this tournament alone.

D

Deleted member

I dunno about Lucina being good or not but something tells me her Ridley matchup isn't even

D

Deleted member

...I don't follow tier lists much or anything, but is Lucina considered pretty strong or something? Because this is the third or fourth "oh no not Lucina save meeeee" type of reaction I've had in this tournament alone.
Because most people are using heavys and Lucina shreds heavys and She isn't Ness's favorite thing either

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I dunno about Lucina being good or not but something tells me her Ridley matchup isn't even
I mean it probably goes in Lucina's favour when I'm not being bad at the game, but it's kinda hard for me to say that right now

Anyway, we'll see if you're still making comments like that when I clear up the losers' bracket and overturn you in the final. :p

why do i keep saying stuff like this when I know it's just going to end with me getting wiped sooner rather than later

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Lucina is considered Top tier. Her high ground AND air speed, the relatively low ending lag on most of her moves and the safety that Comes with sword hitboxes (you sword can't be hit during attack, unlike punching and kicking moves).
This makes her extremely good at racking damage and keeping people off the stage/gimping.
And hard to kill

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Lucina is considered Top tier. Her high ground AND air speed, the relatively low ending lag on most of her moves and the safety that Comes with sword hitboxes (you sword can't be hit during attack, unlike punching and kicking moves).
This makes her extremely good at racking damage and keeping people off the stage/gimping.
And hard to kill
I should probably be paying more attention to this stuff. I know Marth/Lucina perform pretty well, but I don't look at other characters enough to know how they perform overall/relative to the rest of the roster.

Maybe once I start remembering other stuff, like how Ridley's up-B can go through the platforms on Battlefield and I can stop falling for it every single ****ing time.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I should probably be paying more attention to this stuff. I know Marth/Lucina perform pretty well, but I don't look at other characters enough to know how they perform overall/relative to the rest of the roster.

Maybe once I start remembering other stuff, like how Ridley's up-B can go through the platforms on Battlefield and I can stop falling for it every single ****ing time.
Ridley's up-B can also be angled and goes through projectiles.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I mean it probably goes in Lucina's favour when I'm not being bad at the game, but it's kinda hard for me to say that right now

Anyway, we'll see if you're still making comments like that when I clear up the losers' bracket and overturn you in the final. :p

why do i keep saying stuff like this when I know it's just going to end with me getting wiped sooner rather than later
I like how this implies that Shishœ is gonna win over Pakky Pakky , @Thesaurus30 and I

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Ridley's up-B can also be angled and goes through projectiles.
Yeah, when I talk about it going through platforms, it's when Ridley is above you and points the up-B downwards. I keep expecting him to land on the platform and I get an easy up-smash or something, but he just ploughs on through and ruins all my plans.

It going through projectiles gets me sometimes too if I'm playing as Zelda/Robin, I chuck a Phantom/Thunder at him, and he just charges through it like it just isn't there.

I like how this implies that Shishœ is gonna win over Pakky Pakky , @Thesaurus30 and I
Nothing personal, but if she doesn't, I'm going to be very disappointed that the person who put me into the losers' bracket immediately crashed out in the next round. :p

D

Deleted member

Nothing personal, but if she doesn't, I'm going to be very disappointed that the person who put me into the losers' bracket immediately crashed out in the next round. :p
I think its classified as a hit and run.

D

Deleted member

*Cough cough* so, when are you free?
Okay, so, which time zone are you in?
Sorry I didn’t reply earlier when you mentioned me; it was 4am. .

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So, 2-0 to me, then, GGs to Badrat.
So who's next to die? :p

*checks bracket*

Hm, guess I may get to take revenge for earlier quicker than I expected to, then. :p

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Being in Australia must suck for trying to play in things like this. I mean, how do you even compete when the picture on the screen is upside down? I should know, I lived there for six months once and lost nearly every Smash game I played. /s

But hey, Brazil is (mostly) in the southern hemisphere too and is therefore also upside down, so maybe this matchup can work out. :p

Top Bottom