• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I agree with most of you, there is something just weird about the matchup that makes it so much more winnable than any other character I play.

Vs Puffs that don't know the MU, it is just about the easiest thing I can imagine. But when they know it, they know that its okay to get hit by bliz a little bit and just SDI up and ****. They shouldn't be afraid of getting hit out of wall of pain, because although it is tough to get away, it is easy to get away and up, putting them in a position that makes puff extremely difficult to touch. It is too high for a nair, fsmash or utilt, but too low for an uair. No time to space something more precicely either because that nair>rest or bair just smacked your face and you are either dead or seperated.

Spamming dair in some of these situations seems like a strangely good idea. WD>Fullhop dair might just do the trick in the aforementioned situation. When do you use it Chok?

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
cus our character is gay as hell also.

IC are starting to be the new hate and/or getting more hate from more people :S

i play this game for my enjoyment not urs so just accept my character is gay and learn how to beat it.

pretty much my feelings, its also way we are almost never rooted for.... people hate our character and don't think its cool and they think its too cheap :S
Yeah, it's honestly this mindset that just makes me not wanna play this game and go to 2D fighter.

Because for some reason, most of the Melee community has this mindset that IC, Peach and Jiggs aren't 'real characters'. it's annoying to have your character get **** on when your character isn't even that good to begin with.

Zinayzen

Smash Apprentice
I need to learn to De-Sync a bit more. So far I can only do it out of spot dodges and it's not too useful that way.

I did start doing the desynced fsmashes, though. It looks hilarious and scares people.

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice
cus our character is gay as hell also.

IC are starting to be the new hate and/or getting more hate from more people :S

i play this game for my enjoyment not urs so just accept my character is gay and learn how to beat it.

pretty much my feelings, its also way we are almost never rooted for.... people hate our character and don't think its cool and they think its too cheap :S
It has always been like this in France, or at least since 2007...
And I hate this mentality, ICs are not cheap at all, and people saying they are cheap (who are the same saying they're gay) are really idiots who, I believe, have never played them...
I've seen many people complaining in tournaments because I was wobbling (I was actually doing a chaingrab with D air, sometimes even on Marth... And they weren't DIing or nothing...).

For the ICs vs Puff, I believe ICs can win but it's slighty in puff's advantage and it's way easier for puff if none of the players know the match up (I'm not sure about that though).

BTW this smiley is pure win: :awesome:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ice Climbers might be gay but they're also difficult to use and suck comparatively to a lot of the characters above them so whatever.

I don't think Puff IC is awful for IC but I also don't play IC anymore.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Where's my please, PEEF? :D

Sorry, I've had so much stuff on my plate lately that I've totally forgotten about the Peach Guide. I barely got a quarter of the way through it, but I promise I'll be working on it more today. I'm in a writing mood.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Where's my please, PEEF? :D

Sorry, I've had so much stuff on my plate lately that I've totally forgotten about the Peach Guide. I barely got a quarter of the way through it, but I promise I'll be working on it more today. I'm in a writing mood.
Yes you make PEEF so glad.

On the topic of Puff, is there a reason you don't desync? What is your mindset on the MU, nothing to big, but I notice your only desyncs are "secret" nana smashes.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Nana needs to be able to shield, period. Apart from the occasional blizzard--I only use it if Puff short hops a lot--I need Nana with me and ready to guard against gimmicky rests.

Finch

Smash Lord
I think ICs **** puff but I don't have the most experience in the matchup. I played hbox in tournament a few weeks ago and I took him to last stock both times but we were both messing around so that's not really a good example.

I really think the only thing puff has going for her is resting nana. ICs seem to have so many options against her and they rack up damage so fast. Puff is really easy to grab imo and upsmash kills so early. I'm pretty sure every jigglypuff hates playing against ICs. Juan is just really good and he put a lot of effort into learning the matchup after being ***** so much by Chu.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
ATTENTION ALL IC MAINS:

I have discovered that the Ice Climbers can waveland off a platform and then waveland back onto it WITHOUT DOUBLE JUMPING.

I believe they are the only character that can do this.

Edit: This is also broken.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
ATTENTION ALL IC MAINS:

I have discovered that the Ice Climbers can waveland off a platform and then waveland back onto it WITHOUT DOUBLE JUMPING.

This was actually in an older TAS video that I can't find.

Finch

Smash Lord
ATTENTION ALL IC MAINS:

Edit: nevermind read it wrong.

that is crazy

Vts

Smash Champion
If you can't find it, I will assume you are lying and that I am the best.
close but spent about 15m and did the waveland on platform thing with every character not just IC.

nice find wobbles, u found something cool for ic just to be tested by me for every character and to find out every character can do it even fox/falcon/falco (rather harder but still possible)

i don't see it coming in handy though.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
1:00 - Double edge wavedashing
Popo wavedashing off an edge, then immediately wavelanding on the same platform with no jumps or nuthin. Doesn't always work, I had inconsistent results (which is why the clip ends so abruptly).
Sorry... :(

You're still the best for finding it considering the video was
Perfect Control 2!

PB&J

Smash Hero
I think ICs **** puff but I don't have the most experience in the matchup. I played hbox in tournament a few weeks ago and I took him to last stock both times but we were both messing around so that's not really a good example.

I really think the only thing puff has going for her is resting nana. ICs seem to have so many options against her and they rack up damage so fast. Puff is really easy to grab imo and upsmash kills so early. I'm pretty sure every jigglypuff hates playing against ICs. Juan is just really good and he put a lot of effort into learning the matchup after being ***** so much by Chu.
i think icys are great against puff..when i was at hbox house the whole last summer..i really helped him in the match up since i know how to fight puff pretty good i think..sorry icy mains if you ever played hbox, but i really think its in icy's favor though..i cant wait til the community gets a little bit better against puff..wait..they will complain about icy's again..lol

Zinayzen

Smash Apprentice
Desynced rising squall to uair->bair works pretty well. if you hit them solidly they can't get out of it.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Wobbles is in that sig.

how do I desync into running forward while nana blizzards.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
DD -> blizzard and then keep running forward. If I'm understanding you correctly, that's not particularly useful, though. You're essentially approaching while leaving Nana behind and her blizzard isn't accomplishing much when she's behind you.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
One thing that can accomplish is to trick people into thinking both ICs are blizzarding momentarily (especially people who don't understand the character well). Sometimes you can catch them off guard with a surprise Popo attack.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
One thing that can accomplish is to trick people into thinking both ICs are blizzarding momentarily (especially people who don't understand the character well). Sometimes you can catch them off guard with a surprise Popo attack.
I do stuff similar to this.

You make one of them do an attack to bait the opponent, then smash with the other. Quite useful.

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice
I call this kind of people "blind people" since you're seeing popo standing and nana blizzaring.

Top Bottom