• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ahhhh... i'm starting to like young link way more than this character :p

this could be just a phase though

PEEF!

Smash Hero
So shouldn't having 2 shields make powershielding significantly easier? I feel like this could really do work to the metagame. Does anyone have some frame data on powershielding with ICs, especially the difference between single and doubleshield?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
outside of wavedash back I can't see how nana's shield would help you in powershielding. you can't buffer a powershield either. since nana's shield is usually behind you it isn't going help in powershielding.

and yes all of nana's synced actions occur 6 frames after popo's

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
powershield window should be 2 or 4 frames, dunno which one it is I'd have to check... the lag is just however many frames of shieldstun the attack has if you drop the shield afterward, since you skip the 15 frame shielddrop animation on powershield.

shieldstun = rounddown((damage+4.45)/2.235)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
so powershield has 2 frame window? so that means that the PS able frames are...

1 (press shield button) : Popo PS
2: Popo PS
3: get hit
4: get hit
5: get hit
6: Nana PS
7: Nana PS
8: get hit

So between frames 1 and 7, there is a 4-3 ratio PS to no PS. that seems pretty doable

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha well what i meant was

can YOU guys do it?

it's hard for me to spot when fox is gonna aerial me sometimes, and they usually drill instead of nair... usually

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Rather than start a new thread for a simple question, I figured I would just ask it here.

Whats the fastest/most effective way to nanapult blizzard?

I have been either roll or sidestep dodge desyncing to nana ftilt -> popo iceblock -> nanapult

Is there a better/faster way? Should I not do the ftilt to iceblock?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Short hop fastfall -> Popo ice block -> Nanapult should be a little faster. If you're feeling weird, up-B OoS -> Nana wavedash in place -> Nanapult is very fast, but it's probably hard to follow that up with Popo since he's stuck in the solo belay animation; starting that up can also leave you kind of vulnerable.

The short hop fastfall option one is pretty decent; I've actually been meaning to incorporate it into my Peach game, so thanks for bringing this topic up and reminding me.

edit: Any pivot desynch that doesn't make Nana dash attack should be able to set up a very quick Nanapult.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
The fastest way is pivot -> Nana jump (so that she jumps by herself while Popo pivots) -> blizzard. If you do it right, you can have Nana break out of her box... and blizzard in the wrong direction!

The fastest way that actually benefits you is f-tilt guard desynch -> Nanapult.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Short hop fastfall -> Popo ice block -> Nanapult should be a little faster. If you're feeling weird, up-B OoS -> Nana wavedash in place -> Nanapult is very fast, but it's probably hard to follow that up with Popo since he's stuck in the solo belay animation; starting that up can also leave you kind of vulnerable.

The short hop fastfall option one is pretty decent; I've actually been meaning to incorporate it into my Peach game, so thanks for bringing this topic up and reminding me.

edit: Any pivot desynch that doesn't make Nana dash attack should be able to set up a very quick Nanapult.
The pivot desynch's seem tough, I can't get them consistently. But thanks for the sh-iceblock idea. That is great against peach, which is my main concern right now. Also the up-B oos is pretty easy and may mess with my opponent so I might throw it in every so often. =D

The fastest way is pivot -> Nana jump (so that she jumps by herself while Popo pivots) -> blizzard. If you do it right, you can have Nana break out of her box... and blizzard in the wrong direction!

The fastest way that actually benefits you is f-tilt guard desynch -> Nanapult.
yeah the pivot is too tough for me at the moment, thanks for the info tho. How do you do the ftilt-guard desynch????

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Sry for the double post, but while I got you guys here... I fight a lot of peaches and they recover low alot. Is the answer to this desynched ice blocks? (followed by wd down smash)

Binx

Smash Master
Umm if a peach recovers low I like to full jump and launch an ice block, if you are sure you wont get hit by it you can try and grab the ledge before she uses her up b, in general you just wanna throw some safe moves out like ice blocks and maybe ftilt the ledge to see if you can hit her if she messed up the sweetspot, fmsmash works too since she doesnt have any good ledgehop options to take advantage of the lag.

in my experience if peach doesnt make any mistakes with her recovery you arent going to get any good edgeguards on her. I have caught her with wierd stuff like I'll grab the ledge drop just far enough to jump waveland off the edge into bair or something, but it isnt consistent and you could die trying it if nana gets hit by anything.

Crazy idea I just thought of, would it be feasable to do a pivot or a short hop fast fall desych have popo throw an iceblock that keep peach out far when she is floating low, Nanapult a blizzard to stop her float then save nana with an up b =D

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Crazy idea I just thought of, would it be feasable to do a pivot or a short hop fast fall desych have popo throw an iceblock that keep peach out far when she is floating low, Nanapult a blizzard to stop her float then save nana with an up b =D
I think this could conceivably work every now and then, but it's really risky and I wouldn't see any reason to did it when you can instead just try to catch Peach with a full jump ice block and then edgehog, which will always kill her when she's recovering low if she's already used her double jump.

Peach really shouldn't recover low against ICs, though.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I am quite confident against Peach now. I just beat Tink's Peach, largely with a trick Wobbles brought up, synced sh>sideB. It is a very strong and fast float stuffer if you can control the sideb height very well. It really kept him from sitting in that really powerful float height just above an fsmash. (he went Marth, spanked me, and eventually pulled out a narrow set victory though =[

Top Bottom