• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
So exact :3

Anyways well it's good only if you get knocked like so high that you wanna come down faster or you get knocked fall left and right, maybe I'll try it when I play in a friendly xD

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Do a stutter step FSmash and charge the FSmash.

Nikwadtkhil

Smash Cadet
1. Do IC's have anything (other then blizzard) that out prioritizes Meta Fair?

2.What are the options when approaching while facing an opponent and the opponent faces you that won't get you punished, other than RAR and blizzard?

3. How do you approach or really do anything to DK since, F-tilt beats the climbers range on the ground,d-tilt comes out fast to stop you when your close,SA on the punch stops blizzards, bair out spaces and spikes hurt?

4. What is the best desyced approach on someone with better camping abilities than the climbers?

5.What doesn't U-air beat?

6.Do we have anything to stop meta going from whatever to D-tilt and then destroying?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
1. Do IC's have anything (other then blizzard) that out prioritizes Meta Fair?

No, to my knowledge.

2.What are the options when approaching while facing an opponent and the opponent faces you that won't get you punished, other than RAR and blizzard?

lol there's none

3. How do you approach or really do anything to DK since, F-tilt beats the climbers range on the ground,d-tilt comes out fast to stop you when your close,SA on the punch stops blizzards, bair out spaces and spikes hurt?

Ice Blocks and Blizzard, also try some mindgames as well as squall.

4. What is the best desyced approach on someone with better camping abilities than the climbers?

IMO, that would be Ice Blocks and Blizzard

5.What doesn't U-air beat?

MK's Dair and stuff

6.Do we have anything to stop meta going from whatever to D-tilt and then destroying?

Lololol.... No to my knowledge
Answers in Bold.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Didn't see it in the FAQ so I asking here.

What Is IC's WORST stage. I use to think it was Rainbow cruise or Norfair but a day or two ago an IC main told me delphino is bad because when the platform rises and falls its a grab break.

What do you guys think

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Delphino still is relatively flat and doesn't actually move itself, more like transforming. Rainbow cruise is bad cause the stage actually moves. Norfair is also bad but not as bad as rainbow cruise because of the lava and waves that make CGing hard. However, there are multiple edges in this stage so it is better in recovery terms than rainbow cruise.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I'd say it's Rainbow Cruise, you have to quickly rush to get your CG or else you're screwed, with many platforms in Delphino, I'd just CG them and stage spike them, easy kill.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
^ Too slow and has spacing issues, IMO.

My own most-used desync would be the dashdance desync. Extremely quick and fairly easy, and you can pretty much do it on the fly in any situation (even with your opponent in your face) to start a desync when needed, it's so **** quick. And you can do it in any direction with only one turnaround. Did I mention it's quick? :B

Only downside is the slight chance of tripping. :/

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
this is an actual question; Can the IC blizzard be out-prioritized or punished because it's honestly the one move that scores at least 20% on me EVERY F*CKING TIME

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
this is an actual question; Can the IC blizzard be out-prioritized or punished because it's honestly the one move that scores at least 20% on me EVERY F*CKING TIME
energy/item projectiles can go through it. everything else is cannon fodder.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Some projectiles can go through it, metaknight can dair out of it.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I see you main Sonic. You're basically screwed.
At least you're really hard to grab. :bee:

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Delphino isn't all that bad. I actually CP it against campy Snakes. Rainbow Cruise is a nightmare against some characters, but it's not too bad for the most part if you play really defensively and try to stay near the bottom of the screen via good carpet control on the really annoying part. I almost ran the timer out there on SK92 last month, lol.

Norfair is the only stage I feel totally incapacitated on.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Norfair is too fun. I ban RC and actually hope they pick Norfair against me.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
well how do you play nofair kawaii?
uair through platforms?
Yeah, lots and lots of UpAir. Norfair is a vertical stage. I think that's why so many IC mainers have problems with it.

I was playing a Marth on Norfair and he just said "...I thought this was supposed to be easier..." Lmao.
You just can't use CGs too much in this stage. Fly you **** even without CGs, so I know you can do that. xD

I 0022 I

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to chain with grab releases?

Example: Popo grab, nana c-stick, nana walks forward slightly, opponent is released, nana grabs, f-throw to popo grab, and so on

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Is it possible to chain with grab releases?

Example: Popo grab, nana c-stick, nana walks forward slightly, opponent is released, nana grabs, f-throw to popo grab, and so on
Yes but IMO it's hard to set it up... but it's good on walls. :p So then you can altgrab them with your f-throw to the wall, and then grab release. Popo and Nana need to correctly grab them though..

I 0022 I

Smash Cadet
Yes but IMO it's hard to set it up... but it's good on walls. :p So then you can altgrab them with your f-throw to the wall, and then grab release. Popo and Nana need to correctly grab them though..
Thanks, just figured out the way I was thinking of wouldn't work well though. I was praciticing with a stationary cpu on training when I was doing it, but when they evade they (or any human) can sort of jump out of the grab as the release, and I don't think you can grab fast enough to get them.

Bummer

Barge

What can you do with up throw?

The most I can do with it is a surprise belay. >_>
But it only works if they're used to use chain grabbing them and catch them off guard.
On second thought, thats totally un-reliable. But it works....sometimes...

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord

But it only works if they're used to use chain grabbing them and catch them off guard.
You can kill someone with it on mushroomy kingdom.:chuckle:

JustNoOne

Smash Lord

The Hylain Combo, Uthrow to Bair is sex.

Suncity

Smash Rookie
First, hello everyone.
I don't really speack english but I understand the most of what you're saying...

So I am a IC player since de game come out in Europe. I would be happy to fight again someone who can 'note' my ices after the match and give me some tips so I can be abble to play better :/

For the question, I don't know if someone asked that but i also don't want to read sixty page in english, so :

How can we start the match as a desynch-IceClimbers, I don't understant the manip, cause I want to start with a alternativ iceblock for exemple.

Thanks.

Barge

First, hello everyone.
I don't really speack english but I understand the most of what you're saying...

So I am a IC player since de game come out in Europe. I would be happy to fight again someone who can 'note' my ices after the match and give me some tips so I can be abble to play better :/

For the question, I don't know if someone asked that but i also don't want to read sixty page in english, so :

How can we start the match as a desynch-IceClimbers, I don't understant the manip, cause I want to start with a alternativ iceblock for exemple.

Thanks.
Just hold B while its counting down, it'll desync them. But online it doesnt do that,
so you'll probably have to do a quick nana roll popo grabs desync (dont know the name)

Suncity

Smash Rookie
Ah, it don't work on wi-fi... So it's only work in offline game, thank you, I will try this this evening.

Suncity

Smash Rookie
Okay ^^

Can you just add my friend code, and I will add yours?

Here's my msn adresse; Yoshimini@hotmail.fr

I'd be happy, if some climbers just add my msn, to discuss about IC and play ^^

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
I've been working on my CGs, but I can't rely on doing them consistently. Instead, I've been using the n-fair>ice block>n-smash>grab during hitstun. I even used it in the first video I put up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S6ELxcLyHM

So I have a series of questions:
How easily can your opponent roll out after getting spiked into the ground? (pressing shield as they hit the ground)
What do your opponents usually do when they get CG'd?
If I mix up my CGs with the fair combo, do you think my opponents will be able to react in time?

My friend tends to mash the control stick and various buttons, so I'm usually able to get the fair combo in.

Barge

So I have a series of questions:
How easily can your opponent roll out after getting spiked into the ground? (pressing shield as they hit the ground)
What do your opponents usually do when they get CG'd?
If I mix up my CGs with the fair combo, do you think my opponents will be able to react in time?

My friend tends to mash the control stick and various buttons, so I'm usually able to get the fair combo in.
Its extremely easy to tech a dthrow to fair chain grabs after 40%. Very easy.
They usually mash buttons as fast as hell as they can and pray that you mess up.
It depends on who your playing. Some people forget you can even tech fair CG.

Barge

Don't rely on it too much. I usually do the dthrow to fair cg until 40% where they can tech it. Then I mix up to bthrow dthrow CG's.

I guess it could surprise someone if you did it at like 90% after doing like 10 bthrows lolol.

Top Bottom