• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
But don't you tilt the control stick anyways to walk the space the downthrow to regrab?....
Yeah, but it should make Nana shield instead of a grab.

And BTW this happens commonly on light weights, so when you do b-throw -> d-throw on mid-heavies and fatties, then there's no problem. ;P

Edit...
Tested it; when you tap Z lightly, Nana (partner) does a grab, and when you tap Z normally, Nana shields.
Edit2...
When you grab early after Nana's d-throw, sometimes Nana (partner) grabs and not shields.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
I noticed you guys have a xat chat (http://xat.com/IceClimberzzz). I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.

Who is the main owner by the way?

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
yeah i was confused cause i always walk the little gap to grab the dthrow. so thx at chibi <3 i´ll try it

smaci92

Smash Lord
I noticed you guys have a xat chat (http://xat.com/IceClimberzzz). I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.

Who is the main owner by the way?
I'll try and do that...

edit: done!

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
Question: I notice Nana is always behind Popo a bit while synched (i recall it being about 6 frames or so). When desynched is this still true, or does she respond instantaneously with no delay? Is she considered desynched when chain grabbing (i assume yes, but if not say so). Kinda need to know so i can better time my alt grabs.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
She receives every command a bit late, regardless of whether the ICs are synched or not.
He's right. Imagine your leading character as the captain, who tells the secondary climber what to do after receiving the command from you. The only difference is that during a desynch, the captain can't perform the command him/herself.

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
He's right. Imagine your leading character as the captain, who tells the secondary climber what to do after receiving the command from you. The only difference is that during a desynch, the captain can't perform the command him/herself.
Thanks for the help!

Barge

All I want is a custom title
My sig is of my nana getting footstooled while I was trying to save hur :0

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Alright, so I know there are a ton of threads+info on dysnching, but I got tired of sifting and wanted to ask a direct question.

What's the fastest/best/used by top IC's way to desync?

For example, what is lain doing right at the beginning of this match? (And several other times in the match)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMOiVHwXDu0

smaci92

Smash Lord
Alright, so I know there are a ton of threads+info on dysnching, but I got tired of sifting and wanted to ask a direct question.

What's the fastest/best/used by top IC's way to desync?

For example, what is lain doing right at the beginning of this match? (And several other times in the match)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMOiVHwXDu0
the best ways to desync IMO are: dash-dance desync, Z-roll desync, Pivot A or B desync, Squall desync, Buffer desync (it's a decent desync), and Hitlag desync...

the one that lain used at the beginning of that match looked like a pivot desync...

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Do dash Desync for now. The other desyncs are slightly situational. Just dash backward and then forward really quickly but only tap the forward dash command so you don't continue dashing. Use an attack right when Popo stops and you are desynced.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
nevermind. question answered. Taking up the climbers!

lain

Smash Master
I pivot an iceblock to desync.

However at the start of the match you can apparently hold down the b button during the countdown and you'll be desynced shooting 1 iceblock

Taylor

Smash Cadet
How can I improve my ICs when everybody I play against gets grabbed too easily?
All I can say is that they are competent in the world of competitive smash...good combo knowledge, decent matchup knowledge, etc...
e.g. luigi/ness in here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p2fPzXYl-M

but the problem is that they get grabbed waaay too easily even if they play really gay against me. it doesn't feel like I'm improving at all since it's so easy.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I pivot an iceblock to desync.

However at the start of the match you can apparently hold down the b button during the countdown and you'll be desynced shooting 1 iceblock
You can single squall or blizzard with Nana at the start of the match, too.
IB is probably the most practical, though.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
OK, I found that using the L button to grab makes my chaingrabbing much easier. But I can't seem to charge a Smash while grabbing. I can do it ok with the Z button but I can do it with L. Pretty much my question is...are you able to charge a Smash while grabbing using the L button?

Also while I'm at it, are there any better buttons to use instead of Z to grab?

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
OK, I found that using the L button to grab makes my chaingrabbing much easier. But I can't seem to charge a Smash while grabbing. I can do it ok with the Z button but I can do it with L. Pretty much my question is...are you able to charge a Smash while grabbing using the L button?
Your supposed to hold A or Z to charge a smash.

Also while I'm at it, are there any better buttons to use instead of Z to grab?
Some people have grab set to X.

Also I have my controls set at default. Meaning tap jump is on.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yeah, there's some people that like tap jump on. I just don't like it. ^^;

My bad.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Could someone please critique me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOp9AD2Serg

Note that this was wifi, if it wasn't wifi expect moar sucessful chaingrabs.
just watched this actually.... yeeeeaaahhhh..... i know its wifi and all, but if you're gonna cg, do it right. also, more well placed blizzards. you had some nice desyncs in there that definitely caught him off guard. i was a little disappointed with your first stock.... maybe more hyphen smashes? jiggs is hard, but you know she'll be in the air most of the time so short-hopped blizzard walls can do well if you catch her.

on the FP scale, i'd give you:

NEEDS MOAR COWBELL! with a TRICKY ****!

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Well I can't do it right if its wifi.
The timing changes almost every match.
Lag is ever changing online.
1 game can be fine, the next hell.

Top Bottom