• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

boredpsycopath

Smash Cadet
i know this seem like a dumb Question but when i watch vids and ice climbers squall they do the nice super straight squall and when i do it i die.

How do you do those good squalls?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Barge~

Less DAir. You usually just can't...walk up to someone and grab them. Especially jigglypuff. @_@ Use more Blizzards and Squalls and UpAirs. You can't get focused on getting a grab on a character like Jiggs. I didn't watch all of it. Just like the second stock. But I think that's enough. =S

boredpsycopath

Smash Cadet
lol thanks cus when i play i just never repeatedly pressed it so it was like Cmon popo go nana and they were just like plop dead lol

Barge

All I want is a custom title
More blizzard huh, I noticed I didn't use blizzard much that match.
Usually I think I over use it >_>

Barge

All I want is a custom title
None the less, that game was pretty bad for me.
The other games I could chain grab well.

lain

Smash Master
i brought up their sideb awesomeness so long ago in this silly thread about how ic's can go under FD with their recovery, and how in fact they can really recover from basically anywhere off the screen because it's so ridiculous.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
i brought up their sideb awesomeness so long ago in this silly thread about how ic's can go under FD with their recovery, and how in fact they can really recover from basically anywhere off the screen because it's so ridiculous.
SideB is usually the best recovery option for recovering because the opponent would probably be waiting for you on the edge.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I think, for me, ROB is hardest to play against. I can take on Snake with some problems, but ROB... >__>

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
In my opinion, in order are: MK, Snake, R.O.B

• Isn't MK obvious?
• Uh, everytime I face Snake the tilts they only use are f-tilt and u-tilt, and spam his jabs, especially the nades, DAC, etc.
• I've faced R.O.B and he's in between easy and hard; once you juggle him it makes things easier, and spamming Blizzards and Ice Shots are helpful. D-smash, Gyro, n-air, and f-air are so annoying though. >_>

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Lol, first stock was Melee combo video potential. :colorful:

D

Deleted member

Why should I ever use a dash attack? Hyphen smash deals double the damage and is only very slightly slower.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Why should I ever use a dash attack? Hyphen smash deals double the damage and is only very slightly slower.
While Up-Smash is only 2 frames slower and more powerful, you want to generally save your Up-Smash for the kill, especially for a chaingrab finisher. The end lag of Up-Smash also makes it difficult to follow up with another attack.

Dash attack pops your opponent into the air, and has less end lag, so it makes it easier to link into another attack like Up-Air. It's extremely useful for characters that are weak from below like Rob or Marth.

lain

Smash Master
Saving their Usmash for killing doesn't matter. You're Ice Climbers. Besides, Fsmash ***** at like 86% (near the edge).

Dash attack can be helpful if you're just looking to close the gap with an attack that has a hitbox that stays out for a bit. KINDA useful, but in a situation where if you had hit them with dash attack, you could have just ran in and grabbed.

Now people are always looking for this, thus the dash attack option is pretty null and void.

I'm not saying it's not used every now and then though.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Since I'm pretty much cut off from any Smash opponents right now; and will be for several months except when travelling to tourneys; I decided to practice the one thing in Smash I can do without an opponent XD.

My question though, is dear god why does Nana shield roll? I can do the chain-grabs pretty consistently now (not quite consistent enough, but I'm averaging 0-90ish), but when I do the Popo bthrow -> Nana re-grab sometimes Nana rolls. I could understand this since holding the grab button + tapping a direction does make you roll...except she rolls in the opposite direction.

Example: Popo is holding Marth, Popo and Nana are both facing to the right. Popo throws Marth to the left and I try to re-grab but instead she rolls to the right.

Why would this happen? And I guess more importantly: how do I make it not happen?

Unrelated: For some reason I'm finding MK much harder to time the fthrow re-grab against than most other characters.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
u´re pressing z and back at the same time. so nana does a z-roll.
u need to press z a little later then u press backwards. nearly the same time but not at the exact same time.

Top Bottom