• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta General MU Help/Discussion

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
How exactly is he out-spacing you? MM has more range on nearly every move than Villager, the one main exception being his fair/bair. But those require a decent amount of telegraphing before they're dangerous.
Crash bomb trades with both gyroid and tree and insta-explodes in his face, USUALLY hitting him, in my experience. Metal Blade is a great projectile because it kills gyroids and goes thru trees, and if he pockets it... who cares? he has to pull it out then throw it separately, which takes a while for a...not great item, honestly.

If he's above you, usmash beats all of his aerials and covers the air-dodge, so that's great.

As for edgeguarding... yeah you're just not going to gimp him. But hey, take the free damage (because it's not too hard to HIT him out of his B recovery moves, even if you don't get a kill from it), and look for a dair opportunity (the one way you actually can gimp him...kinda)

For me, the 2 hardest matchups I find in For Glory are Ness and Samus.

I don't think Samus is too bad, but she tends to win the long range game, which I just hate. lol

Ness seems difficult. I think this will level out when I can gimp him better (a little hard with the lag), but his kit is pretty good against us. I think it's a relatively even match, though, all said.

It was mostly fairs. I think this may be a case of unfamiliarity with the character and being majorly outplayed after looking at the replays. I had no idea the slingshot had that much knockback. He'd use a combination of the tree, slingshot and gyro to out space me. I just couldn't keep up >.< I'll try your advice next time I fight him.

DarkDream

Smash Apprentice
Palutena has been easy with mind games, Rosa wasn't too bad, just crash bomb luma. Little Mac can be a tiny bit difficult bc speed and armor, bowser cuz armor, b junior cause of slight armor.

I fought one Dedede recently. It could have been a combination of tired and unfamiliarity but I couldn't do anything to him. Gordos beat pellets and crash bombs, metal blades were always caught. Every single other move was beaten by faster, better ranged higher knockback normals. It was a nightmare in dream land.

In general if you play smart and patient as Rock, you win. Only time I ever truly lost was when I had matchup unfamiliarity or just straight got outplayed.

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
For Dedede, Metal Blade knocks Gordos back in his face. Really makes them think twice before using it.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Here are my tough/annoying match-ups after having fought many different types of players:

:rosalina:- Luma and Down B make this fight hell for the Blue Bomber, it feels like a 7:3 in Rosa's favor
:4sheik:- Needles are stressful to deal with and Sheik is very fast, making it hard to land that final hit
:4ness:- His Back Throw is a nasty move to kill Mega Man with and his PSI powers can get overwhelming really quickly
:4sonic:- Hard to deal with when in your face, a good bet is to just shield and wait for him to screw up
:4pacman:- Not a hard match-up, Side B is just really annoying
:4lucario:- Aura Sphere makes your projectiles too obsolete and close-quarter fighting is risky
:4palutena:- Has more range than you which can cause her to be annoying, she can also reflect
:4mario:/:4drmario:- These guys are nasty up-close and the cape can make F-Smash useless easily
:4zelda:- Very campy, not too hard with mindgames though

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
Sheik has been giving me issues. For some reason I have trouble maintaining good spacing on her, while other rushdowns don't give me that problem.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
My toughest matchup ? Fast characters. Why ? Because I can't even react to their actions >.<
Any Idea on how I should handle them ?

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
At the last Umebura Daiki's Mega Man handled Rain's Rosalina who was generally unstoppable surprisingly well. Even if he lost, it seemed like more of a choke than something definitive so that makes me think his matchup against her may not be as bad as it may seem at first. It's hard to say.

ZSS, Greninja, Sheik and Sonic are definite issues, especially Sonic I can sort of handle the others with sharp play but I personally find Sonic a nightmare the few times I've fought a good one. Even scrubby ones are annoying.

Maybe this is just me, but I fought this guy online who used Falco and I had an extreme amount of difficulty fighting him. The same guy also used a variety of other characters including Fox and I beat them all (hell I bodied Fox I feel MM's pretty strong against him.) but for some reason Falco was just a lot harder. I dunno it's just the distinction of his moves, and the way he kicks forward the reflector...it just seemed to make things harder but like I said it could be just me, but I felt like it may have been worth mentioning.

Last edited:

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
Maybe this is just me, but I fought this guy online who used Falco and I had an extreme amount of difficulty fighting him. The same guy also used a variety of other characters including Fox and I beat them all (hell I bodied Fox I feel MM's pretty strong against him.) but for some reason Falco was just a lot harder. I dunno it's just the distinction of his moves, and the way he kicks forward the reflector...it just seemed to make things harder but like I said it could be just me, but I felt like it may have been worth mentioning.
Agreed. His reflector messes with MMs spacing game, which is extremely annoying. You can't really play the long range game either, and his close range game is stronger (like most characters vs. MM...). You have to bait and punish the reflector at mid range, and really work the air.

EvergreenChameleon

Smash Rookie
Had a few solid days of online play, and Luma is, by far, my most annoying matchup. Falco's a tough fight as well, but I haven't really had the difficulties I've been hearing people talking about with Sonic.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
My new bane of existence: Samus. That charge shot can be used on reaction against metal blades, crash bomb, or pellets. :(

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Rosalina is like the bane of Rock's existence.

I've been mostly fine with other match ups though.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Why do you guys think Rosa is so hard? If Luma is with her (not desynced), crash bomb ALWAYS hits her. If not, Mega just stomps her with zoning. I don't get the hate.

RE: Samus... yeah I hear you. In this match, I think you mostly just give up on the metal blade and crash bomb spam (with the possible exception of rush bounce > downward angle MB play). I DON'T think Samus has any way to get through jab spam with good zoning, though, so I think it's even at worst... but it does require different play.

I played a few matches against a decent DDD this morning. I could see him causing trouble for unfamiliar MM players (mostly because he's a really good character). A few tips...
Every time I landed a crash bomb, it hit him... even if he shielded. I'm not sure how consistent this is, but it happened 15-20 times while we were playing, so I think DDD's shield fails for some reason. Crash bomb will hit a gordo an explode, which is great if you catch it at first so the explosion hits DDD, but it does NOT send the gordo back, so it's risky. HOWEVER.. metal blade always sends them back... which led to some very good positions against him. bair sends them back in a downward angle which was great. I didn't ever try fair but I expect it to whack the gordos back.

Ironically, I felt like I was living for forever unless I stupidly rolled into an fsmash or something else bad... I'm pretty sure we can consistently rush cancel out of his uair, so there's one kill option gone. Dash attack and his smashes are all fairly telegraphed, so as long as you don't roll like he expects you to, he has a hard time hitting any finishers. He isn't too quick, so jab lockdown works pretty well (he can ftilt pretty quickly so be careful). Fsmash isn't a terrible option because he can't run or jump fast enough to punish it on shield or jump and it just KILLS his shield. Anyways, just my 2 cents. I think it's slightly MM's favor.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I've been having to shift my playstyle significantly when facing a good Wario. He's very hard for me to keep at that arm's distance that Rock works so well in his zone game. An important discovery I made in my second match is that a metal blade will knock Wario off his motorbike. Still, I feel that if at any point I lose the stage control against Wario I have a nightmare of a time trying to retake it.

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
Why do you guys think Rosa is so hard? If Luma is with her (not desynced), crash bomb ALWAYS hits her. If not, Mega just stomps her with zoning. I don't get the hate.
Her Down B. Not sure how you're stomping her with zoning; MM can't do anything at long range and gets out-zoned by good Luma management mid-range.

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
My friend who mains Rosalina says he has a really hard time countering Leaf Shield throw approaches. The leaves tend to block Luma's attacks, and Rosalina can't easily punish my shield rolls and boost grabs when I have Leaf Shield up.

We also play with custom moves sometimes and he thinks that Plant Barrier is straight OP, at least against Rosalina & Luma. Maybe he'll figure out a good response if we play more matches with custom moves on, but right now Plant Barrier seems to shut down Rosa HARD.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Her Down B. Not sure how you're stomping her with zoning; MM can't do anything at long range and gets out-zoned by good Luma management mid-range.
Her down-b only absorbs your projectiles, though... so she essentially has to use a punishable move to negate one of yours... this does nothing to you, so there's no reason that would force you to just not send another projectile in its place. So at long range, even if she correctly absorbs EVERYTHING you send at her... it's an impasse in the worst-case scenario... best case scenario, you get her to commit to a downB and get a punish. Also, this doesn't do much to weaken the jab pellets, although Luma meat-shields the standing ones (and again, if luma is in front of her and you sneak a crash bomb through, Rosa blows up instantly). There's a slight correction to this if her downB allows her to grab the metal blade, which it might (haven't tested yet)... but even if so, it's not a terrible (or even negative) situation for MM.

MM just has more mobility options than she does, so he can weave thru whatever she's doing relatively easily. Double jump above her > hard knuckle (lagless landing) is good shield pressure at worst and bypasses luma completely (she also doesn't have a great up attack to combat it). You can also jump above and metal blade down, which leads to usmash, utilt, whathaveyou on hit and no punish on shield/miss. Fair and bair tend to outrange/prioritize any aerials she has, as well... that's what I mean by outzoning. Luma covers 1 zone, usually a short range in front of her. As long as you avoid that zone (not all that difficult to do), you can apply good, mostly unpunishable pressure.

I will say this, Rosa is VERY GOOD at punishing landings (mostly because she can cover 2 different spots), but with Rush + 2nd bounce options, Megaman never needs to be in that position.

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So? Down B doesn't hurt us unless you threw metal blade at her. Otherwise just throw something else at her.

Also Crash bomb wrecks Luma and if she and Luma ever Desynch just alternate crash bombs and MB until Luma dies, or if she's close enough just Fsmash her.
We beat Rosalina in the air without Luma, and Crash bomb beats her with Luma. If in mid range she DownBs we can react to it and punish her, so Crash bomb and pellets are godlike in mid range when she and Luma are synched.
Bair on her shield is safe and sends Luma flying.

I mean it's not the greatest MU ever, but it's not horrendous either.

That said, I do really hate Zelda. Smart use of Nayru's Love shuts down both out close range and long range options and she kills much easier than we do. She pretty much can't be gimped anymore either.

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
Alright, so I placed second with MM in a friendly tournament on another forum last night.

The winner used ROB and he gave me all kinds of trouble.

His reflector let him charge through all my projectiles with ease and suck me into a pain tornado. His laser is faster than my Metal Blade so he could hit me and shield on trade. His jab and tilts have such long reach that they could hit me through my Plant Barriers and safely cancel out my projectiles easily (while sometimes hitting me in the process!). And his insane recovery made him almost impossible to gimp or edge guard the way I do the rest of the cast.

Just a really frustrating match-up. He seems to have answers to pretty much everything in my toolkit. At this point I wouldn't hesitate to declare ROB a hard counter to MegaMan. Maybe I just need to get better at taking advantage of ROB's weakness to juggles, IDK.

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
Anymore advice on Shiek? After more games she's definitely been my worst matchup. I'm not sure how to approach her. Should I try to play the long range game against her? I feel like her needles make that impossible, and her close game is so much better than ours. I'm usually fine if they take the initiative to approach, but when they needle camp I'm not sure what I should be doing.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Anymore advice on Shiek? After more games she's definitely been my worst matchup. I'm not sure how to approach her. Should I try to play the long range game against her? I feel like her needles make that impossible, and her close game is so much better than ours. I'm usually fine if they take the initiative to approach, but when they needle camp I'm not sure what I should be doing.
Mid-range. In range of your pellets, but out of range of her tilts/jabs. Just about every character is uncomfortable at that range.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Shiek, by far. If she just wants to needle camp and run, none of my tactics work.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Alright, so I placed second with MM in a friendly tournament on another forum last night.

The winner used ROB and he gave me all kinds of trouble.

His reflector let him charge through all my projectiles with ease and suck me into a pain tornado. His laser is faster than my Metal Blade so he could hit me and shield on trade. His jab and tilts have such long reach that they could hit me through my Plant Barriers and safely cancel out my projectiles easily (while sometimes hitting me in the process!). And his insane recovery made him almost impossible to gimp or edge guard the way I do the rest of the cast.

Just a really frustrating match-up. He seems to have answers to pretty much everything in my toolkit. At this point I wouldn't hesitate to declare ROB a hard counter to MegaMan. Maybe I just need to get better at taking advantage of ROB's weakness to juggles, IDK.
Hmmm... I need to face a good one, as that sounds tough to deal with.

_____

I've been playing this MU a lot more with the guy who double eliminated me at my last tournament and I'm starting to understand how to play it better.

Mid-range. In range of your pellets, but out of range of her tilts/jabs. Just about every character is uncomfortable at that range.

The above quote is absolutely correct. SH pellets give her issues.

More stuff I've noticed:

-Fsmash trades with Needles. Abuse this when possible (AKA you see her start needles/think she will, use Fsmash). It also beats out the grenade.

-Jumping Fish is a really stupid move and it feels like her hitbox disappears during the hit (It actually just shrinks a LOT). From the ground she will go over all of our grounded projectiles, including uncharged Fsmash (Not sure about a charged one). Fair and Bair will beat it though.

-We can UpB out of all of her combos and out of her Uair (THIS IS HUGE!). This makes it tough for her to rack up damage and kill the way she would in other MUs. Avoid Usmash, Jumping Fish and Vanish to pretty much live forever. Jumping Fish can be particularly hard to avoid, but when you're in it's range be careful with what you throw out at high %s.

-Tap her portrait on the bottom screen to see where her Vanish is going (Obviously only in the 3DS version; this feature is kind of dumb).

-Fair and Bair can outrange her in the air, but her Fair and Nair come out faster. Obviously Nair is great for beating her aerials too.

-Be careful throwing your saw blade. We can actually outcamp her with MB and Crash Bomb since her needles do jack **** for damage, but if she catches the saw blade you HAVE to approach her and makes you lose the edge in zoning/ you lose your main tool for stopping her from just running away forever. For this reason I would only try to zone briefly here and there, especially at high percents where needles don't really matter, and instead focus on playing in the mid range.

-Crash bomb is useful in this matchup. It either forces her to rush you down to pass the bomb, allowing you to switch to a defensive game and pummel her with lemons in the mid range while crash bomb explodes, or she has to stop and shield/roll/dodge, allowing you to approach to the mid range.

-We can kill her WAY earlier than she can kill especially if you can UpB out of her Uair and avoid her other few kill moves (Jumping Fish being the hardest to avoid/least telegraphed). That said landing kill moves on her can be difficult due to her mobility.

-Her only option against opponents below her is to Nair. Nair "appears" to be safe on block from the front when auto-canceled into jabs (I could be wrong and just missing my punish), but from the back it is very punishable on block. It also does not have a very disjointed hitbox.
Abuse this in conjunction with Dthrow.

-When recovering I personally would suggest recovering low so as to not have your landing pressured, but recovering high is an option as well. Just make sure when you are level with the stage to not jump so she can't steal your jump with needles.

I'll add more if I remember something else later.

Hope this helps. The MU is still tough, but it does get a bit easier every time I play it.

Isaias Almonte

Smash Rookie
GOD diddy kong! not the pennuts spaming ones, but the banana-grab up-uair-uair ones. srly i had no idea what to do! im gona post a video later when i get home so you can se how bad i got rekt.

Isaias Almonte

Smash Rookie
Let's try to keep this discussion to your experiences and not general matchup discussion.

Personally I prefer the air a lot of my troubles just come from unfamiliarity of characters (kid bowser and duck hunt), but campy villagers keep me at long range where I feel like giving up.
i personaly love campy viliger, you can force them to play out of theyr zone if you crash bomb most of his set. by this i mean, if you time correctly his side b you can land a instant crash bomb and have enought time to destroy the rocket with pellets. and if he hides behind the tree you can destroy it with a spaced fsmash and CB plus MB goes throu it too. and he can only pocket so much.
so yea our proyectile game is way better, so if he camps you, you can camp counter him. but is gona be hell of a boring machup.
(sorry for any ortografic mistakes im not really good with it yet)

Last edited:

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Fighting 90% of Little Mac's online is insanely easy cause Megaman can gimp pretty well and with leaf shield you have an easy grab. The only thing though is I sometimes feel like fighting Little Mac scrubs breeds a lot of bad habits cause it's just waiting for them to finish their flowchart thing and just getting rid of them off stage.

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
My worst matchup is EASILY Lucario. Whenever I fight Lucario it starts out good, but when I get him to high % I just can't finish the job. That aura mechanic of his is, in my opinion, really really strong against Megaman. Getting close enough for UTilt is really hard when he is at kill %. Also Lucario has godlike recovery.

Anyone has any input that might help me manage?

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
My worst matchup is EASILY Lucario. Whenever I fight Lucario it starts out good, but when I get him to high % I just can't finish the job. That aura mechanic of his is, in my opinion, really really strong against Megaman. Getting close enough for UTilt is really hard when he is at kill %. Also Lucario has godlike recovery.

Anyone has any input that might help me manage?
He is very floaty and can't do much to people below him (a common weakness), so maybe uair chains is a strong counter strat.

EvergreenChameleon

Smash Rookie
Fighting 90% of Little Mac's online is insanely easy cause Megaman can gimp pretty well and with leaf shield you have an easy grab. The only thing though is I sometimes feel like fighting Little Mac scrubs breeds a lot of bad habits cause it's just waiting for them to finish their flowchart thing and just getting rid of them off stage.
This. The main problem I have with Macs is that I'm so used to fighting terrible ones that bad habits carry through to good ones.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Falco's reflector is the most annoying one in the game, but you have options. As with any reflector, it's safe to take shots at him as long as you throw an even number of CB, MB, or jabs. You can use this to condition him, then run up and shield to punish. You can also throw MB diagonal, or time a top spin to follow the reflector. be careful when chasing offstage - phantasm can spike. He needs to throw smashes to KO you, so bait and punish with mega upper.

Samus doesn't seem too bad. You can fire MB and CB faster than she can keep up with, so air homing missiles and zair will come before long. Just space her out. Her physical approach is a little weak.

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
He is very floaty and can't do much to people below him (a common weakness), so maybe uair chains is a strong counter strat.
After playing a lot more and improved my gameplay a lot I can only say that he seems even harder than before...somehow...

I just can't seem to beat him! It would rock if someone could show some high level matches with MM vs Lucario that I can study, because right now it seems 100% impossible for me to beat Lucario unless I really really outskill the other player.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
:4bowser:
Seriously, no other character has given me as much hell before.

Now, I don't consider myself an AMAZING Megaman player, but I think I'm competent enough to know what I'm doing, and what I shouldn't be doing.

But I got 3 stocked, then 2 stocked, then 3 stocked again.
It wasn't until I started playing dirty, and using online lag to my advantage (spamming Fsmash after baiting with Crash Bomb + Metal Blades) where I started seeing more likeable results (getting 1-stocked).

Thing is, it's still a really hard matchup. Bowser and Megaman run equally fast, so if I try to outrun him, he's right there ready to grab me.
I'm slowly getting used to the MU, but so far, it's given me the most trouble of all.

numanumaking13

Smash Cadet
NNID
numanumaking21
Who I have trouble against

:4lucario: I have trouble against him once he has max aura. This is probably due to the fact that I just don't know his moves yet because I never fight against a Lucario.
:4littlemac::4greninja::4sheik:I find these three to be incredibly difficult to fight against. I'm not sure what it is, maybe because these are fast rush down characters but I can't get a good gripe against them. I'm going to need some practice with people online in order to learn these match-ups more.
:4villager:This guy is my toughest match-up I think. It seems like no matter what I do I can't do a thing. Then villager has amazing edge-guard abilities against MM in my opinion so it's just difficult.
:4pikachu:At the beginning of me playing MM I would get destroyed against Pikachu, however I haven't fought him since like the first week or two of the games release so I don't know how well I would do at the moment.

If you have any tips for the characters I listed above please let me know! I would appreciate it!

Who I see other people have trouble
:4zss:
I actually find this to be an even match up for both players. I always have a fun time fighting against ZSS because both matches can go either way, but I don't think she's too difficult to handle.
:4palutena:I have never had trouble against her. Usually when I fight her I try and just do my forward and back aerial with my pellets and that tends to work against them. Sometimes I will throw the occasional metal blade but I don't like to use my side a in fear of her reflecting it back at me.
:rosalina:Although this match-up is annoying I have always won against her with the exception of one time and the reason why I lost against her is because my brother played before me so the control set-up was different then what I was use to. Which then I defeated her the next two matches after I got use to the controls. Luma is very easy to deal with for the most part with crash bomb. If she then decides to use gravitational pull you can easily come in and forward air her. She's not a problem, at least in my eyes.
:4sonic:In my experience metal blade and leaf shield is all you need against this guy. Metal blade helps stop his tracks and LS actually helps you get a hold of him and stop him in his tracks for the most part.

P.S. Didn't really check for spelling or grammar so don't hate me for any mistakes please

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Easily Lucario. At max aura, you can't fight him on the ground because he completely out ranges you, and his aura sphere eats all of your projectiles. It's difficult to get close enough to launch him into the air, but even then, his aerials start to out-range you too. He can pretty much gimp us when ever he feels like too because of his unfair recovery.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So I've had realizations about a couple characters lately:

:4sonic:Sonic - We can punish a very surprising number of his attacks on reaction. The first few times I played against him, I had a large issue dealing with his Side B because it has a quick startup and combo's into stuff. Also our projectiles tend to clash with it, rather than beat it, so there's no incentive for him to stop using it. HOWEVER, I have since learned that dtilt straight up beats it and the matchup has gotten 100% less annoying. on reaction, you can dtilt as soon as his little hop is over, and it will hit him or reset positioning (if he jumps early) every time. Also since dtilt slides you forward, you won't get hit if he tries to be tricky and jump dair out of it. This is also true for down-B but is harder to time and has more startup, so I just punish that with a metal blade + followup usually.
His neutral B loses to usmash straight up from above. From the side, just roll away and let him bounce into you. in the air, I'm not sure there's ever a situation where we can't just dodge it, so I kind of think neutral B is useless for him.

:rosalina:Rosalina - I really don't think she has a way to deal with crash bomb. It hits Luma every time and explodes on her, even on her shield. Yes yes I know she can down B to kill it in the air, but that time is roughly equal to the time that we can send another crash bomb, so there's really nothing to keep up from just spamming them. This will also 'train' her to spam down B, allowing for us to get a punish later when we don't send a bomb.
With Luma beside her, she has to worry about the spam, and when she sends Luma out, she really doesn't have a way to beat Mega's spacing game up close. so the "correct" way for her to play is to keep Luma with her. Problem is... every attack we have seems to just brutalize the little guy. Bair, dash attack, and a few other attacks will hit Luma through her shield (and don't give her a terrific punish option), so if she shields near a ledge, Luma dies. idk other than feeling bad for Luma the whole matchup, I really don't mind this one.

:4sheik:Sheik - I feel like Sheik puts out 1.5x as much damage as we do in any neutral low % situation. However I really think she has issues killing us. one of her best killing tools against a number of characters is uair, but we can rush cancel out of the killing blow. We can also rush cancel out of fsmash if the first hit connects. I'm not sure about dsmash. We're hard to gimp (with smart recovery). So she has to rely on a random hit usmash (small hitbox), downB (telegraphed and not crazy powerful), bair sweetspot (kills at high %), dsmash (not sure if we can rush cancel it), upB (really bad on miss), or really high % options like ftilt.
Meanwhile, we start killing her with utilt around 90% (+ or - based on rage). So I really think this matchup quickly turns into MM trying not to get gimped or hit with anything strong, while chipping away as he can and killing her much earlier.
With perfect Sheik play, I could see this match be very very hard, but things devolve from the neutral very quickly, so I don't believe it's currently terrible. I actually think it's pretty much even right now.

Deadlybroth

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rngo1214
3DS FC
3265-5101-5866
Basically anything Lucario. Fighting in close range is risky because his normals are better than ours, and his Aura Sphere negates our keep away game. He is uncomfortable at max pellet range like everyone else, but then his aura kicks in and counters our chip damage. Once he gets you off the stage with high aura the stock is pretty much lost. It's even annoying fighting noobs who use Lucario, just because of that ******* aura + Aura Sphere. I honestly can't find a way around this.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
R.O.B. wins the projectile game, and has the aerial mobility to make air chases a non-factor, taking away Mega Man's best kill opportunities.

Bowser doesn't flinch from crash bombers or lemons. Forced to play a close-ranged game, limiting Mega Man's kiting potential.

MarioFX

Smash Rookie
Although I don't necessarily think it's a hard match up, you have to be really mindful of your lemons and f-smash when fighting Game and Watch since he can bucket them. Having a G&W bucket a fully charged f-smash and use it on you is definitely a situation you wanna avoid.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Although I don't necessarily think it's a hard match up, you have to be really mindful of your lemons and f-smash when fighting Game and Watch since he can bucket them. Having a G&W bucket a fully charged f-smash and use it on you is definitely a situation you wanna avoid.
He can also get stuck by the crash bomb, then bucket the explosion and fill 2 spots. Kind of crazy. Even still, I don't really dislike the matchup

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
He can also get stuck by the crash bomb, then bucket the explosion and fill 2 spots. Kind of crazy. Even still, I don't really dislike the matchup
He can actually fill up the whole thing from a Crash Bomber. Happened a few days ago in For Glory.

Top Bottom