• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Okay I need to ask this question and then possibly (most likely) a follow up based on the responses I get, How many of you would prefer the ballot character be a first-party character rather than a 3rd-party/indie character?
I want Banjo and Kazooie more than anyone save for Toad.
Other than Banjo, I'd slightly prefer a nintendo newcomer, but I'd be fine with any Cloud or Ryu level all star.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Since they boringly closed my topic for "reasons", might as well put it here. It's my dream newcomer roster for Smash 5, but if Smash 5 talk is not allowed, just use your imagination and think this is Sm4sh DLC talk. Of course, 20 characters are absolutely impossible but it's a ****ing wishlist for ****'s sake.

1) Ganon.
In his pig version from A Link To The Past, I imagine him being a tank character, as heavy as Bowser, but with mage capabilities akin to the ones of Palutena more than Zelda. It would be the first big character in the game heavily tuned towards projectile moves and status attacks. He would be very, very slow though, easy to punish if it fails, with terrible air mobility (at least at the level of Little Mac).
2) King K. Rool.
An easy choice for me, another tank character similar to Wario in both his fighting style and his comedic presence. Heavy, but actually pretty fast considering his size, definitely more than King Dedede, not easy to predict and with a few projectiles.
3) Ridley.
At this point simply essential, Ridley would be one of the most original characters of the newcomers in Smash 5, being the largest one, but not a tank. His looks and size would deceive players into thinking he's heavy while he's not so much, kind of like Mewtwo. Excellent in aerial mobility, he would have a mechanic to his own: the ability to grab in the air. While doing this, he can actually move a bit depending on the damage of his opponent.
4) Paper Mario.
IMHO the only new Mario character which deserves a chance, I imagine him between Duck Hunt Duo and Mr. Game & Watch. All of his attacks are dealt by party members from the franchise, and some of them are actually luck based. Another mechanic only for this character it's the possibility of activating a roulette after three consecutive footstools: if that works, something good or bad could happen to him.
5) The Wonderful 101.
Yes, all of them. Not Wonder Red alone which in my opinion would be the most boring new addition possible from this gem of a game. They're not like the Ice Climbers, all 100 characters are actually just a pretty high detailed model of a single character, with a single hitbox and not the possibility of being divided. This would grant two things: first, all the Wonders can appear in their attacks, and second of all, another interesting "mechanic". As they move, they are not as cohesive as normal characters, but actually create some sort of "snake" crossing the stage with a smooth animation. This means that they can be hit even though the "leader" of the group is already arrived at destination, but only hitting the leader (which is at the start of the stream of characters) grants knockback.
6) Yoshimitsu.
The first third party character so far, representing both Tekken and Soulcalibur, and imho being an excellent choice for a fighting game rep in general, Yoshimitsu is IMHO built perfectly for Smash Bros. He fits moveset-wise, design-wise (thinking mostly on the Soulcalibur II one) and Namco/Bandai already worked on the franchise. I also see it as the best "character you never knew you wanted".
7) Banjo-Kazooie.
Assuming this will be at all possible.
8) Inkling.
Splatoon is the biggest new Nintendo franchise in years so of course they will be in it, and also they would add an extremely interesting mechanic with the ability of inking the stage and then move into the color. The female version of the character would be the one pushed the most, kind of like Wii Fit Trainer.
9) Professor Layton.
10) Phoenix Wright.
I see these last two as indivisible, they work so well together as they already showed in their Vs game, and yes they both can work in a fighting game. They are the perfect representation for that entire stream of point and click puzzle games which were born on the GBA/DS days.
11) Jibanyan.
The mascot of the Youkai-Watch franchise which has grown pretty big in Japan. He's the cat. I didn't even play Youkai-Watch yet, but I like his design a lot and I see it as the perfect counter-part to Pikachu.
12) Chorus Kids.
Probably influenced by the infamous Gematsu leak, they are indeed a potential nice addition in my opinion as the "new" Ice Climbers.
13) Elma.
The protagonist of Xenoblade Chronicles X, she's an awesome character and a strong female lead. It could have a nice mechanic to it to: down-B or a taunt switches all her moves from a close-ranged knife/sword set to a long-ranged gun/cannon one. And yes, Skell as her final smash thank you very much.
14) Bomberman.
One of the few "-man" left, he'd be an essential member of a Konami trio with Snake and Simon Belmont. I see his moveset taking heavy influence from Bomberman Hero on the Nintendo 64.
15) Simon Belmont.
You know it.
16) Rayman.
He was so close, what the hell happened there? Come on Sakurai.
17) Mio Amakura.
Who's Mio Amakura? This is probably my weirdest choice for a pretty predictable selection so far. She's the protagonist of Project Zero II: Crimson Butterfly. I picked her for a wide range of reasons: A) she's a female lead which is always welcomed in this sausage fest B) I really like the idea of Smash Bros. featuring a character from a survival horror game and Fatal Frame already appeared in the form of a trophy in Sm4sh C) Project Zero is basically owned by Nintendo right now D) her moveset, based on the camera, would be pretty damn interesting. It would also help raise some interest in the franchise itself which, let's admit it, it's one of the biggest reasons Smash Bros. will be made until Nintendo dies.
18) Crash Bandicoot.
19) Spyro The Dragon.
It can happen and now you know it. Cloud opened the gates. They'd be absolutely incredible as Smash characters, and the only idea of having them fighting against Mario and Sonic (and Banjo-Kazooie) is downright scary in how awesome it is.
20) Mach Rider.
He (or she?) is my final choice for this roster, and my pick for retro Nintendo nostalgia. I imagine a complete overhaul in his design, heavily influenced by Mad Max. Gritty, but at the same time over-the-top, Captain Falcon style. Give him/her guns, but also stylish kicks and stuff like that.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
It airs 12 PM on here where I live (again). The previous directs have aired either on 12 PM or 1 AM. It's very annoying...
There used to be a time where directs aired at 4 PM, but I guess they didn't want to alienate the Japanese.
It's such a damper on the hype to see something when you're practically asleep,

(My reaction to my current main was just: Oh, they actually did it. Ok)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Jesus, finally... that being said, Nintendo wants us to be fully aware that some major bombshells are going to be dropped and wants to make sure as many Smash fans the world over are watching. Why? With most directs, there is maybe a day's notice. With the special Smash Direct in Spring 2014 and the 50 Fact Extravaganza in Fall 2014, there was about a three day notice. With this direct, there's almost an entire week. That's a pretty big deal. What they're saying is that they're definitely wanting to go out with a bang and the amount of info they are going to drop will likely dwarf those shown in the two previous hour long presentations. Nintendo's pretty much telling Smash fans that they'll want to clear their schedules for this and that you should definitely be excited.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
The most hype thing they can announce for me is that balance patches will continue into the next year.

If this truly is the last of the DLC characters (which I don't agree with. Why not go on making money until the end of the game's lifespan?), I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to do something unprecedented because this may be the last time Sakurai works on a SSB game.

Basically, I figure ALL bets are off as to what gets revealed, as this could be Sakurai's last chance to hit us with a "WTF?!?" character, ever.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Since they boringly closed my topic for "reasons", might as well put it here. It's my dream newcomer roster for Smash 5, but if Smash 5 talk is not allowed, just use your imagination and think this is Sm4sh DLC talk. Of course, 20 characters are absolutely impossible but it's a ****ing wishlist for ****'s sake.

1) Ganon.
In his pig version from A Link To The Past, I imagine him being a tank character, as heavy as Bowser, but with mage capabilities akin to the ones of Palutena more than Zelda. It would be the first big character in the game heavily tuned towards projectile moves and status attacks. He would be very, very slow though, easy to punish if it fails, with terrible air mobility (at least at the level of Little Mac).
2) King K. Rool.
An easy choice for me, another tank character similar to Wario in both his fighting style and his comedic presence. Heavy, but actually pretty fast considering his size, definitely more than King Dedede, not easy to predict and with a few projectiles.
3) Ridley.
At this point simply essential, Ridley would be one of the most original characters of the newcomers in Smash 5, being the largest one, but not a tank. His looks and size would deceive players into thinking he's heavy while he's not so much, kind of like Mewtwo. Excellent in aerial mobility, he would have a mechanic to his own: the ability to grab in the air. While doing this, he can actually move a bit depending on the damage of his opponent.
4) Paper Mario.
IMHO the only new Mario character which deserves a chance, I imagine him between Duck Hunt Duo and Mr. Game & Watch. All of his attacks are dealt by party members from the franchise, and some of them are actually luck based. Another mechanic only for this character it's the possibility of activating a roulette after three consecutive footstools: if that works, something good or bad could happen to him.
5) The Wonderful 101.
Yes, all of them. Not Wonder Red alone which in my opinion would be the most boring new addition possible from this gem of a game. They're not like the Ice Climbers, all 100 characters are actually just a pretty high detailed model of a single character, with a single hitbox and not the possibility of being divided. This would grant two things: first, all the Wonders can appear in their attacks, and second of all, another interesting "mechanic". As they move, they are not as cohesive as normal characters, but actually create some sort of "snake" crossing the stage with a smooth animation. This means that they can be hit even though the "leader" of the group is already arrived at destination, but only hitting the leader (which is at the start of the stream of characters) grants knockback.
6) Yoshimitsu.
The first third party character so far, representing both Tekken and Soulcalibur, and imho being an excellent choice for a fighting game rep in general, Yoshimitsu is IMHO built perfectly for Smash Bros. He fits moveset-wise, design-wise (thinking mostly on the Soulcalibur II one) and Namco/Bandai already worked on the franchise. I also see it as the best "character you never knew you wanted".
7) Banjo-Kazooie.
8) Inkling.
Splatoon is the biggest new Nintendo franchise in years so of course they will be in it, and also they would add an extremely interesting mechanic with the ability of inking the stage and then move into the color. The female version of the character would be the one pushed the most, kind of like Wii Fit Trainer.
9) Professor Layton.
10) Phoenix Wright.
I see these last two as indivisible, they work so well together as they already showed in their Vs game, and yes they both can work in a fighting game. They are the perfect representation for that entire stream of point and click puzzle games which were born on the GBA/DS days.
11) Jibanyan.
The mascot of the Youkai-Watch franchise which has grown pretty big in Japan. He's the cat. I didn't even play Youkai-Watch yet, but I like his design a lot and I see it as the perfect counter-part to Pikachu.
12) Chorus Kids.
Probably influenced by the infamous Gematsu leak, they are indeed a potential nice addition in my opinion as the "new" Ice Climbers.
13) Elma.
The protagonist of Xenoblade Chronicles X, she's an awesome character and a strong female lead. It could have a nice mechanic to it to: down-B or a taunt switches all her moves from a close-ranged knife/sword set to a long-ranged gun/cannon one. And yes, Skell as her final smash thank you very much.
14) Bomberman.
One of the few "-man" left, he'd be an essential member of a Konami trio with Snake and Simon Belmont. I see his moveset taking heavy influence from Bomberman Hero on the Nintendo 64.
15) Simon Belmont.
You know it.
16) Rayman.
17) Mio Amakura.
Who's Mio Amakura? This is probably my weirdest choice for a pretty predictable selection so far. She's the protagonist of Project Zero II: Crimson Butterfly. I picked her for a wide range of reasons: A) she's a female lead which is always welcomed in this sausage fest B) I really like the idea of Smash Bros. featuring a character from a survival horror game and Fatal Frame already appeared in the form of a trophy in Sm4sh C) Project Zero is basically owned by Nintendo right now D) her moveset, based on the camera, would be pretty damn interesting. It would also help raise some interest in the franchise itself which, let's admit it, it's one of the biggest reasons Smash Bros. will be made until Nintendo dies.
18) Crash Bandicoot.
19) Spyro The Dragon.
It can happen and now you know it. Cloud opened the gates. They'd be absolutely incredible as Smash characters, and the only idea of having them fighting against Mario and Sonic (and Banjo-Kazooie) is downright scary in how awesome it is.
20) Mach Rider.
He (or she?) is my final choice for this roster, and my pick for retro Nintendo nostalgia. I imagine a complete overhaul in his design, heavily influenced by Mad Max. Gritty, but at the same time over-the-top, Captain Falcon style. Give him/her guns, but also stylish kicks and stuff like that.
1) I see Ganon suggested pretty frequently. I'm personally still not sold on the character. I think if I research him more and some of the possibilities for the character perhaps i'd be more then impartial to his inclusion.

2) Yeah, I like King K. Rool. The part I personally like is that he's a Rare made character, but Nintendo owned. I loved Rare back in the 64 era. It would be nice to see this character as a little more homage to the Nintendo-Rare era. Plus I loved the cartoon as a kid. Also he's one of the original 12's nemesis, need more villains.

3) Yeah, I like Ridley. Fell in love with the possibility of this character joining the roster when I saw him in the melee opening. He seemed like a feasable size in the Melee opening. Also he's one of the original 12's nemesis, I personally want more villains.

4) Paper Mario has a long enough series to pull a whole bunch of potential from. This character would need to be done with extra love and care to accurately represent the character. He would also be fun and unique. A lot of people don't want another Mario, I personally don't care, he gets a pass from me.

5) I didnt really pay any mind to a Wonderful 101 character until I read this post. Mind you I imagine most of the 101 would be tiny, but i'm personally okay with that.

It would be interesting to see a character who appears to break apart as they are hit and quickly recombine. I'm sure this could some how be worked into a mechanic.

6) Pass
7) Pass

8) Inklings are alright, I'm impartial. They're popular and could have neat mechanics. But for whatever reason Splatoon just hasnt resonated with me yet.

9) Impartial, character hasnt touched me yet enough to support strongly.

10) Same as the above, not sure about a third Capcom character. Mostly impartial to his possible inclusion.

11) Not a fan.

12) Not a fan.

13) Pass

14) I'd love if Bomberman got in, super long history with Nintendo. Cross over with Wario. One of the few characters to have a game on the virtual boy. He's basically appeared on every single Nintendo console, with maybe one or two small exceptions.

15) Pass
16) Pass
17) Pass
18) Pass
19) Pass

20) I wouldn't mind, how he's implemented would make the greatest difference if I like him or not. Riding around on a bike the whole time wouldn't impress me much.

Last edited:

ccthirteen

Smash Apprentice

1) Ganon.
2) King K. Rool.
3) Ridley.
4) Paper Mario.
5) The Wonderful 101.
6) Yoshimitsu.
7) Banjo-Kazooie.
8) Inkling.
9) Professor Layton.
10) Phoenix Wright.
11) Jibanyan.
12) Chorus Kids.
13) Elma.
14) Bomberman.
15) Simon Belmont.
You know it.
16) Rayman.
17) Mio Amakura.
18) Crash Bandicoot.
19) Spyro The Dragon.
20) Mach Rider.
If we're giving a full list, I'll give mine:
Toon Ganon: This is my favorite iteration of Ganon and would (much like Pig Ganon from Link to the Past) allow Ganon to be in Smash in a form that would not be a CF clone. Toon Ganon would be a heavy character and slightly faster attacking dual sword user, like in Windwaker.
Banjo-kazooie: wonderful moveset available from his games
Hero (Dragonquest): one of Nintendo's most popular Japanese series
Simon Belmont: nice to see someone else suggest him. A true whip user (more so than ZSS)
Geno: (suggesting Paper Mario reminded me of this suggestion I made to a friend a while back) He's a fan favorite from the original Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
Mallow: Also a good choice for representation from Mario RPG. His attacks would carry over to smash very well, but I don't see him as being as popular as Geno.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, Phil Spencer has made yet another statement today about Microsoft and Nintendo possibly working together in the future so take from that what you will but I'm fairly confident that the stars are aligning for a very particular bombshell being dropped during the Direct...
Guh-huh.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pretty much every Zelda Character that was playable in HW or HWL is a pretty viable option for being a Zeld Rep in smash.
In terms of moveset potential, sure. In terms of actually being a lasting importance to the Zelda franchise? No. Not at all. Only Impa qualifies. And am hoping they'll give her some extra weapons and fighting styles for Hyrule Warriors Legends as well, and then reveal she's also in Smash.

Argue all you want, Impa has been with the Zelda franchise from the start and she appears in most major Zelda releases outside of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess (where she is both making either a cameo appearance -WW- or is heavily mentoined / referenced to -TP-) so she definitely 'deserves' the role.

The only other actual Nintendo All Stars left imo with enough iconic status are: Toad, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, King K.Rool, Isaac, Ridley, Paper Mario and Wolf. After that, it's all about new faces in which Inkling(s) probably beat everyone out in any way. And of course, there's retros we love to forget as Takamaru, Muddy Mole, Mach Rider, Urban Champion and I some others. Maybe DK Jr.? Stanley the Bugman? Hell at this point they seem more likely than either Dixie Kong, King K.Rool or even Cranky Kong... :facepalm:

Then there's the obvious fact we need to look out for anything that's a totally popular humanoid-esque Pokémon or a starter Pokémon that's hugely popular by it's own merrit, and of course any new Lord from Fire Emblem (it's extremely likely we'll get the Avatar from Fates in Smash 5).

Isaac will probably get in the very moment anything related to Golden Sun will be presented. And it seems likely that the main character from Xenoblade Chronicles X will be playable in Smash 5 to. There's also Chibi Robo who has been a popular request ever since Brawl. Even though his game might not have been succesful, I wouldn't count him out either for Smash 5. Anything from Rhytym Heaven also seems like a likely choice.

Damn, I was only thinking of talking about Impa but I might as well have rounded up the whole Nintendo-side of which characters we could expect for Smash 5 / DLC. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Impa is cool and totally warrants her inclusion.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd gasp, then laugh if Banjo was confirmed.

Hey,

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm getting in on this listing. Here are the 20 newcomers I'd add in smash 5:
1. Toad
A true nintendo all star with numerous playable appearances and lots of fans. It is an absolute Travesty he isn't already playable.

2. King K. Rool
Need I say more? An important character from an important series.

3. Impa.
An important recurring character who can replace an unimportant, non recurring character(:4sheik:)

4. Tingle
As the only Zelda character with his own spinoffs, he is especially important.

5. Bandanna Dee or Dark Matter
These are both important Kirby characters, but I'm having some trouble deciding who I favor. I'm leaning towards Dark Matter, as BDee would work better as DLC.

6. Ridley
See K. Rool. Same reasoning applies.

7. Mii.
A single character to replace the 3 mii fighters. Has a moveset that actually represents the critically important Wii Series.

8. Andy
The fact that Wars has gotten next to nothing while FE gets 5 characters is the second biggest smash travesty, behind Toad.

9. Chibi Robo
With a 6 game series and good moveset potential, Chibi-Robo is a natural choice.

I'll finish this later.

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule ,Skyloft, Akaneia, Tellius, Ylisse, Magvel
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
User was warned for this double post
1. Toad
A true nintendo all star with numerous playable appearances and lots of fans. It is an absolute Travesty he isn't already playable.

2. King K. Rool

3. Impa.
An important recurring character who can replace an unimportant, non recurring character(:4sheik:)

4. Tingle

These are both important Kirby characters, but I'm having some trouble deciding who I favor. I'm leaning towards Dark Matter, as BDee would work better as DLC.

6. Ridley

7. Mii.
A single character to replace the 3 mii fighters. Has a moveset that actually represents the critically important Wii Series.

8. Andy
The fact that Wars has gotten next to nothing while FE gets 5 characters is the second biggest smash travesty, behind Toad.

9. Chibi Robo
With a 6 game series and good moveset potential, Chibi-Robo is a natural choice.

I'll finish this later.
If there is a Smash 5...

Its the final broadcast... I'm going to cry tears of happiness, gratitude, and sadness because this is the last one

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The only Microsoft character I want is Banjo-Kazooie.

The Konami character I want the most is Simon Belmont... but I'm more or less okay with Snake returning even if it's soul-crushing.

As for Nintendo characters, there are so many I want but most of them are already deconfirmed... so I just hope for the best.

Shoot... December 15 is going to bring lots of hype and salt all around!!!!

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
The only Microsoft character I want is Banjo-Kazooie.

The Konami character I want the most is Simon Belmont... but I'm more or less okay with Snake returning even if it's soul-crushing.

As for Nintendo characters, there are so many I want but most of them are already deconfirmed... so I just hope for the best.

Shoot... December 15 is going to bring lots of hype and salt all around!!!!
More hype and thankfulness than salt hopefully. I hope people realize and appreciate all that Sakurai has done to make Smash 4 amazing. Especially since this is the last one and most likely the last chance for DLC characters

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Based on the fact that Nintendo is announcing this early and the ascetics of the title "FINAL VIDEO PRESENTATION", I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes the direct to end all DLCs. Which is a bit sad, it's been a wild ride.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think the pool at this point is down to Wolf, K. Rool, Inkling and Banjo (outside shots at Snake or Isaac), maybe some shock thrown in yet again because "lol getting the characters you voted for is boring." Really crossing my fingers that we get more than the two remaining spots left in the coding...Wolf, in particular, I would not be surprised to see in Spring 2016 alongside Star Fox Zero's release. The "death date" for him, so to speak, is a little later than that of the ballot newcomers, what with the ease of development and obvious promotion.

It's not like they're (likely) going to stop making balance patches after next week, so why would the actual DLC get canned if it's so highly profitable and the team is still together? This is just a grand hurrah for the main events, with a potential appetizer or two being possible for a Direct later on.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, in anticipation of the upcoming Broadcast here's my top 10 (too lazy to come up with 20)

10-Crash Bandicoot
9-Weavile
8-Banjo & Kazooie
7-Lara Croft
6-Wolf
5-Impa
4-Ridley
3-Tifa Lockhart
2-Dark Samus
1-Midna

Here's hoping to us getting some epic DLC and character reveals (and no GADDAM LEAKS!!!)

btw...I still expect there to be a few more characters added through next year, at least until around e3, but we'll know for sure next Tuesday...

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
1. Toad

2. King K. Rool

3. Impa.

4. Tingle

6. Ridley

7. Mii.

8. Andy

9. Chibi Robo

I'll finish this later.
1) Toad is pretty popular and recognizable. I'm not against his inclusion. I wouldn't overly excited about his inclusion either though. He seems more likehe'd be added for completeness sake, than actual substance, but I'm probably wrong.

2) Yeah, love KKR. Perfect way for Nintendo to pay some more homage to the Rare era, if Banjo isn't possible. Highly popular, and I loved the cartoon.

3) I think Impa is the next important Zelda that could be included. We're seeing other Zelda characters gain popularity now too. I don't think she should replace Shiek though. I wouldn't be against Tecmo's influence represented in Smash. They're one of the last major Japanese third parties to get something in Smash.

4) Not a fan.
5) Feel the same as Toad.

6) I've loved Ridley since the Melee opening cinematic. He seemed like a reasonable size there. Being one of the original 12's antagonist, and we need more villains, I support him.

7) Debatable, and personally i'm impartial, I find Mii's boring for some reason.

8) Impartial, not really a fan of the series as i've never played it. I kinda got behind the idea of Sami being Snake inspired if Snake couldn't return though.

9) Impartial, never played the series, character hasn't grabbed my attention. Should atleast be an assist though.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If Banjo or Shovel Knight do get in....it will be a while before I decide to buy them.
My (full) DLC wishlist:

16.Hades
15.Viridi
14.(Twili) Midna
13.Squirtle
12.Dixie Kong
11.Ice Climbers
10.Wolf
9.Lara Croft
8.Impa
7.Ivysuar
6.Snake
5.Rayman
4.King K Rool
3.Shantae
2.Bayonetta
1.Medusa

Good Luck to everyone and thier choices! :)

Finally.
The end of speculation and all this back and forth bickering.

:231:
For now. :p

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Direct DLC Wishlists? Here goes nothing. Here's mine, completely disregarding likelihood. Top Twelve in Ascending Order, because why not?

12. Maxwell
11. Lara Croft
10. Starfy
9. Chorus Kids
8. Solid Snake
7. Muddy Mole
6. Ice Climbers
5. Wolf
4. King K. Rool
3. Inkling
2. Henry Fleming
1. Chrom

Of those I think only the Inkling and Wolf have solid shot of appearing in the Direct, with maybe K. Rool if there's a third.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Man, I got two finals on that day. One which happens during the broadcast lol.

Nonetheless, i'm going to make sure I watch the video without getting spoiled. Probably will watch it right after finishing my first final.

Last edited:
Since others are doing their Top 10/20/etc., I'm doing mine as well:

1. King K. Rool
2. Bandana Dee
3. Wolf
4. Captain Toad
5. Ridley
6. Gengar
7. Ganon
8. Bomberman
9. Kamek
10. Black Mage
11. Magolor
12. Meowth

I can see only first four happening, though.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
1) Toad is pretty popular and recognizable. I'm not against his inclusion. I wouldn't overly excited about his inclusion either though. He seems more likehe'd be added for completeness sake, than actual substance, but I'm probably wrong.

2) Yeah, love KKR. Perfect way for Nintendo to pay some more homage to the Rare era, if Banjo isn't possible. Highly popular, and I loved the cartoon.

3) I think Impa is the next important Zelda that could be included. We're seeing other Zelda characters gain popularity now too. I don't think she should replace Shiek though. I wouldn't be against Tecmo's influence represented in Smash. They're one of the last major Japanese third parties to get something in Smash.

4) Not a fan.
5) Feel the same as Toad.

6) I've loved Ridley since the Melee opening cinematic. He seemed like a reasonable size there. Being one of the original 12's antagonist, and we need more villains, I support him.

7) Debatable, and personally i'm impartial, I find Mii's boring for some reason.

8) Impartial, not really a fan of the series as i've never played it. I kinda got behind the idea of Sami being Snake inspired if Snake couldn't return though.

9) Impartial, never played the series, character hasn't grabbed my attention. Should atleast be an assist though.
My DLC wishlist!

• Daisy (my No.1 most wanted character! I love how spunky she is, plus think of her possible taunts)

• Captain Toad/Toadette (they would be adorable!)

• Eggman (he has all sorts of mechs at his disposal.

I also want Wolf back but I prefer newcomers.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Wishlists huh?

10. Isaac - I know nothing about him apart from his earth magic which would be pretty awesome
9. Knuckles - He's rougher than the rest of them, Tougher than leather, unlike Sonic he doesn't chuckle
8. Bandana Dee - He's adorable, that's pretty much it, plus more Kirby representation and the spear would be pretty cool
7. Tetra - After Hyrule Warriors Legends was released she jumped straight up, an athletic pirate girl wielding a cutlass? Yes, please
6. Elma - Honestly bae, also bad *****
5. Ridley - I can't think of a reason against it
4. Wolf - He was my Brawl main, oh how I miss him
3. Impa - Badass magic ninja lady
2. Krystal - Staff, nuff said
1. Dixie Kong - She's adorable and would be an awesome aerial fighter

ErenJager

Smash Champion
12) Geno
11) Isaac
10) Paper Mario
09) Black Shadow
08) Giegue
07) Impa
06) Ridley
05) Wolf
03) King K. Rool
02) Ice Climbers
01) Bomberman

Last edited:

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
Hey yeah, whatever, I'm going to indulge with you guys on this.
1 -> 10 decides how much I want the character, and Red, Yellow and Green decides how likely I personally think of it happening.
  1. Venom 'Punished' Snake
  2. Rayman
  3. Shantae
  4. Paper Mario
  5. King K.Rool
  6. Wolf
  7. Solid Snake
  8. Chibi-Robo
  9. Princess Daisy
    (personified as a tomboy, using things like bats etc, like here: https://twitter.com/konjak/status/545750120785276928)
  10. Banjo & Kazooie / Steve / Quote

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Wishlists? I have something like that...

1.- Micaiah (the only character that I openly Support outside Smash Boards)

Otherwise the characters don't have a particular order, but include:

- Bandana Dee
-Adeleine
- King K. Rool
- Dr. Eggman (or other important, fun and cool Character from Sonic)
- Cranky Kong
- Banjo-kazooie....

And other characters that I'm probably forgetting xD

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My wishlist goes like this.
  1. Isaac
  2. King K. Rool
  3. Bandana Dee
  4. Paper Mario
  5. Lip
  6. Inklings
  7. Princess Daisy
  8. Captain Toad
Only 8 because the rest of my wants are Assist Trophies.

I'll accept almost all characters without much fuss though.

:231:

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Honestly, I would be pretty happy with any of the big Nintendo candidates left. That's part of the reason why I hope we get a 1st party character, less chance of getting disappointed.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well.
One week remains.
I'd like to make a few claims, here, for my ounces worth for Speculation.

1. The only 3rd Party content we'll see from here on out is tied to :4cloud:. Midgar, some Squeenix Costumes, and by some slim odds a costume or two from Sega/Capcom/Bamco.

2. :wolf: is coming back. The only arguments to be made against him at this point are "Well why isn't he already in yet" or "He wouldn't be hype because he's requested and expected!" to which I point to the hype that was still present to :4mewtwo::4feroy::4ryu: even though we knew they were coming.

3. K. Rool stands as the most likely 1st Party character. Extremely strong results in just about every fan poll you can see that ran parallel to the ballot. Has had popularity for years. And, in spite of not having a role in 8 years and a true role in nearly a decade, he's still feverishly demanded for Smash and Nintendo recieved outcries at the lack of his appearances in the Returns games. The fact that his trophy in this game refers to him as "DK's Bowser." All of this together shows lasting demand and prescence IN SPITE of his abscence.

4. After K. Rool is likely Inklings. They have bits of caution about implimentation but they have just about everything going for them. If the game came out a year prior people would've been a bit surprised at their lack of inclusion for the main disc and heralded as the inevitable for DLC and I feel that, with now about 7 months gap between the release and now, the "too new" argument really can't be held and when most other arguments basically come down to "They're too good to be used now" there's an issue.

5. The only other Nintendo Characters that I feel have enough pool, with inverted situations, are Isaac and Bandana Dee. The formerbeing the face of a stagnant but very requested to return series whose series has all but dropped off of Smash... leaving just one song on the radar but holds a very high demand in the western side of the market. The latter being the 4th Major character in a long-running series who has made their mark as a staple, with the abscence of a trophy being stunning to quite a few, and holds a very firm grip on a top position within the eastern market.

Honestly, looking past this, you get to the likes of Dixie, Paper Mario, and Impa. The former who is overshadowed by a Croc and similarities, to the untrained eye, to :4diddy:. The slimmest fat man who stands of having the last "good game" by some fans back in the Gamecube era and from a series that already recieved sizable expansion on-disc but is marked to have.. half of a game just on the horizon. Impa lacks consistency in Zelda, demand in the east, and :4sheik: overshadowing her role a bit.

I saw the prospect of a Xenoblade X character mentioned. Honestly, I don't see it. Elma is the most likely of the cast and she just doesn't have raw popularity like most other candidates. If people want to play the "Too Soon" card for Inklings I'll definitely call it to be mentioned here as well. Xenoblade's expansion looking forward hinges more on an "X-2" before Smash 5. Hopefully THAT X-2 won't be fanservice cosplay fest with the underlying themes of a jrpg.

Edit: Captain Toad... just being honest, he's the best way for a Toad to get in. But I don't think he has the demand in right now. What he has, Paper Mario kinda overshadows.

Last edited:

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
Wishlist, eh? Sure, why not?

1. Wolf
2. K. Rool
3. Tails
4. Captain Toad
5. Rayman
6. Bomberman
7. Knuckles
8. Inkling
9. Kamek
10. Moveset-faithful Ganondorf

In hindsight... I'm actually pretty fine with the roster for this game. The only character I truly need is Wolf...

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
Impa would be cool but we do have a lot of TLoZ representation. I would prefer a character for a franchise that doesn't have much representation in smash/or doesn't have any.
A Sonic character? I'm down for that. Wolf and King K Rool would be great too. I want Hector, Micaiah, or Ephraim, but I doubt they'll make it in.
I'll be happy with whatever character it is, as long as the character isn't broken and isn't Shrek.
Also, :4sheik:has been in more Smash Bros. games than Zelda games. She only appeared in Ocarina of Time lol

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
With all this talk about character DLC wishlists with the Smash Bros presentation on the way, I thought I'd share mine.

10) Inkling
9) Black Mage
8) Wolf
7) Tetra
6) Impa
5) Bandana Dee
4) Azura
3) Descole
2) Gallade
1) Professor Layton

Honorable Mentions:
Dixie Kong
Jin Kazama

I do keep an open mind with other character inclusions though.

D

Deleted member

DlC wishlist? Okay sure...

1. King K. Rool
2. Isaac
3. Shantae
4. Wolf
5. Shovel Knight
6. Bandana Dee
7. Inklings
8. Rayman
9. Dixie Kong

I expect just Wolf and Inklings at this point, and I am still going in thinking K. Rool will be confirmed but we'll see on Tuesday.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
My top 10 DLC characters, the color will show if it's likely for me to happen or not:

1. Geno
2. Isaac
3. Wolf
4. King K. Rool
5. Ninten
6. Alex Kidd
7. Bomberman
8. Ice Climbers
9. Captain Rainbow
10. Mach Rider

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
One salient point that a friend brought up to me was that it's convenient that we haven't seen Wolf yet when we still haven't seen his design for Star Fox Zero. Perhaps we'll get both revealed soon, if not in this Direct, then in some future one where Star Fox is a focus.

Otherwise, I think whatever newcomers we get hinge on how seriously the ballot was taken. We've all heard the arguments to either side of the spectrum..."It's meant to gauge character support, so why would they leave it open for so long and in so many places if it weren't being taken seriously" or "It's a suggestion box, Sakurai never promised anything and will just do what he wants, and past polls weren't 1:1 with the characters that got in anyway."

My personal stance is that, if they were going to invest the resources they did into the ballot, they would logically choose some character primarily based on the ballot results, rather than using the results to justify choices they were already considering. Some of the top vote-getters may have crossed their minds, but if they were just going to use a spot on, say, Inklings, or promote Wolf or Snake as ballot winners, why would they have made a ballot in the first place when they knew those characters were popular to begin with?

The big ballot beneficiaries I see are K. Rool, Banjo and Isaac at this point, though that doesn't mean we still can't get characters who started development pre-ballot. They still have one extra slot left over back from April, way early in the ballot's lifespan, and no way do I think they didn't have any idea of who they wanted to fill it back then.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
In this final stretch I'm coming to terms that the few characters I'm really attached to probably just wont make it. Issac, banjo, midna and tetra just dont quite make the cut.

However, i am hopeful that something tetris comes our way, like a stage. Maybe even tetrinimos as a character.

Whatever happened with that dr mario stage anyway?

Hyped for the final direct. I'll be taking off from work early to catch it live

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
1. Toad

2. King K. Rool

3. Impa.

4. Tingle

6. Ridley

7. Mii.

8. Andy

9. Chibi Robo

I'll finish this later.
It's time to finish this up, y'all.

10. Starfy
With a 5 game series going back to the GBA era, and being very well known in japan, Starfy is a clearly important character.

11. Excitebiker
The excite series has 5 games and a big legacy. Combine that with a cool moveset, and you've got a rock solid choice.

12. Ray
Custom Robo has four games and is very popular. He seems almost made for smash.

13. Mallo
The 4 game Pushmo series is among the most successful of nintendo's downloadable games. Mallo could also bring sumo action to smash.

14. Isaac
Golden Sun is a relatively well known 3 game series. Isaac is a clear good choice.

15. Chorus Kids or Karate Joe
The soon to be 4 game Rhythm Heaven Series is important and has the potential for unique movesets.

16. T. Rex
Fossil Fighters is a popular 3 game series that gets overlooked on smashboards all the time. I'm not certain why.

17. Inklings
At first I was reluctant to give a 1 game series a character, but Splatoon is a really successful breakout hit. It's warranted.

18. Balloon Fighter
With 2 games and a big legacy, I feel Balloon Fighter would be a great inclusion.

19. Daitoryo
Daitoryo is the man on the box of Nintendo's most successful pack of Hanafuda cards. He'd represent Nintendo's pre video game history.

20. Banjo and Kazooie
These 2 should have been in melee. We all thought they were impossible, but recent events have shown that they aren't. They are real nintendo all stars. (please please please please)

Honorable Mentions/ DLC candidates:
Paper Mario, Waluigi, Dixie, Ganon, Vaati, Tiki/Corrin, Dark Samus, Krystal Lip, Takamaru.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
1) Nabbit
Amazing potential by the virtue of being a thief, a great personality and a rising star in the Marioverse

2) Daisy
Plant-potential, arguably a Nintendo All-Star, everybody knows her and the "muh-spin-offs" are actually the majority of Mario games.

3) (Captain) Toad
Baffling that we need a backpacked-version rip-off just to get the biggest Nintendo All-Star left playable.
Everybody knows Toad, who has entered pop culture territory as much as Mega Man did, if not more.

From the "Another Castle"-quote to the Captain Relevance Adventures, we all love Toad and Toad loves us.

34) Azura
Let's combine Bandana Dooders cuteness and spear, Chorus Kid's rhythm heaven, AND Squirtle's Water Type.
Mix it with Krystal's athletic powers and staff and you've got a moveset potential dream

5) Inkling
I love Splatoon and more stage control characters is good in my book.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Oh so we're going to share our most wanted DLC characters, eh? Well here goes nothing:

1. Dixie Kong
2. Andy, Sami or any other Advance War character.
3.Spyro
4. Phantom R
5. Zael
6. A Persona character
7. A classic Fire Emblem Character. Could be anyone from games 2,4-10, but I'm expecting Hector, Lyn and Ephraim the most.
8. Sceptile
9. Fiora or any other Xenoblade character
10. Adeleine

Highlighted Dixie Kong to high heavens because she's the only character in my entire list that actually has a chance. No Cloud could save the other nine characters from obscure character hell.

Anyway, like always I'm going to keep my expectations low. I'm assuming that we'll be getting only popular characters since this is DLC, but you'll never know with Sakurai.

That being said, I'll buy any character even if it isn't Dixie Kong or whatever. I am not picky.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom