• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Are you guys ready for the Direct today? Get excited!
I hope another on of my top five gets in, regardless of where they stand or their pre-defined role. Maybe characters won't get shown today but no way can Nintendo not share Smash news of any kind.
I'm looking forward to to the Direct too! I won't be able to watch it live though due to schedule conflicts around the same time, but I'll still watch it when I have the time.

I'm hoping any one of my top 10 most wanted characters will be revealed tonight, assuming there will be a character reveal. If not, I think we should be expecting some sort of announcement/news regarding to the Smash Ballot at the very least now that its almost been a month and a half since it closed, so I'm sure Sakurai/someone else will talk about that knowing how we are all awaiting what exactly is going to happen from here.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Are you guys ready for the Direct today? Get excited!
I honestly feel quite conflicted. On one hand I want to be/feel kind of hyped, but on the other I'm trying to keep myself from getting hyped.

I would love a new character, whether it be a veteran or a newcomer to be released today but do not want to set myself up for disappointment either. It has been a while since we've gotten a DLC fighter we but have also gotten new content as well recently such as new Stages and Mii Costumes. I feel if we get any Smash news it may involve the DLC Amiibos and/or perhaps an update of some sort about the Smash Ballot. I guess I'm just skeptical and again, don't want to raise my expectations only for them to be smashed.

If a Smash Fighter is revealed today though, whether they're ready to go or in the process of being made I will be quite excited.

If there's news about the DLC Amiibo though my guess is they may release them as a DLC 3-pack, or at least be released on the same day. Since Christmas is around the corner at this point I'm guessing they might release them before or just after Christmas. As far as Stages go it would be very nice to see some new ones. New content is new content after all and my wallet will suffer either way.

Whatever happens this Direct happens. Bring it on. I'm still trying to keep my hopes safe from being brutally murdered.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I made a thing. These are the characters that I've always thought would provide a plethora of different and unique move sets and Ive always gotten a smash vibe from them. Snake is there too, as he is the only veteran I would want back. This was also before Roy was confirmed. I tried making it look as nice as possible! Maybe some of them will be DLC?

Last edited:

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
>K. Rool might not make it because he's a Mii costume
>Inklings are very likely.

Uhhhh

Inklings at least can be argued to play similar to the Miinkling gunners.

Mii Brawer ain't gonna play similar to K. Rool.

Edit: It's amazing how often, as an Inkling supporter, I'm having to talk people down.

also Wolf is confirmed to be in SF-Zero
I was saying Inkling was very likely because there's alot of overwhelming demand for them. I'm not that much of an Inkling supporter though. You're right in saying that they would play similar to Mii Gunner.
Also, thanks for telling me that Wolf was in SF0. I'm not very up to date with the game.
EDIT: Now that you mentioned that King K. would be different from the Mii fighters, he could be included.

Last edited:

s1universe

Smash Rookie
NNID
s1universe
Personally, I want zero from mega man zero( you'll see why I didn't choose the X rendition). Most of his normal and aerials would be based off his sword so that takes care of that. His standard special would be his buster which he could charge and loose range(kinda like a faster water shuryken with less ending lag or the super scope). His side b could be the recoil rods from zero 3. It could work like dancing blade with less ending lag. His down b cold be the shield boomerang, which would work exactly like it would in game, but would stop chargeing after hit by a physical attack. His up b could be the chain rid from zero 2. It could be like ivysaurs up special from brawl, but with more options. It only sends him into free fall if he hits something. It can be angled any way and every way and have combo potential on the ground. If shot downwards in midair, it could spike, giveing him another meteor option. I know no one else voted for him. But he's just kinda a hopeful on my part.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Personally, I want zero from mega man zero( you'll see why I didn't choose the X rendition). Most of his normal and aerials would be based off his sword so that takes care of that. His standard special would be his buster which he could charge and loose range(kinda like a faster water shuryken with less ending lag or the super scope). His side b could be the recoil rods from zero 3. It could work like dancing blade with less ending lag. His down b cold be the shield boomerang, which would work exactly like it would in game, but would stop chargeing after hit by a physical attack. His up b could be the chain rid from zero 2. It could be like ivysaurs up special from brawl, but with more options. It only sends him into free fall if he hits something. It can be angled any way and every way and have combo potential on the ground. If shot downwards in midair, it could spike, giveing him another meteor option. I know no one else voted for him. But he's just kinda a hopeful on my part.
Zero's a popular character in Mega Man history, I can imagine Sakurai using the X and Zero series for a moveset tbh

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
It's super cheesy, but, I'd like to wish everyone good luck for the direct next hour, I hope you all get something that makes you happy :).

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I was saying Inkling was very likely because there's alot of overwhelming demand for them. I'm not that much of an Inkling supporter though.
Saying anybody is very likely takes a leap of faith. Even King K.Rool, who's been dominating a number of fan polls, isn't very likely, just likely.

Though I do think if we get any reveals, it's going to be either a veteran (Wolf) or a newcomer from an established franchise (DK, Metroid, etc). Inklings seem to have gotten a decent amount of representation considering their status as up-and-coming Nintendo names.
And Sakurai knows how to please us, so I think he'd rather use an older character who's been sort of pushed aside than a new character who's currently a big name. After all, this is an all-stars fighting game, so it only makes sense to wait and see if the Inkling will be sticking around as a staple Nintendo IP before putting them in as Smash fighters. As much as I'd be interested as to what they'd do with the Inkling, I think they might prioritize other characters that would have more impact as reveals.

Like King K.Rool, who's last major appearance in a DK game was Jungle Climber all the way back in 2007. K.Rool needs some love, and Smash seems like a perfect way to do so and adknowledge the fans who worked so hard to bring him in.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I'm a huge fan of Zero from the Zero games. I definitely support him, especially more than X Zero.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Saying anybody is very likely takes a leap of faith. Even King K.Rool, who's been dominating a number of fan polls, isn't very likely, just likely.

Though I do think if we get any reveals, it's going to be either a veteran (Wolf) or a newcomer from an established franchise (DK, Metroid, etc). Inklings seem to have gotten a decent amount of representation considering their status as up-and-coming Nintendo names.
And Sakurai knows how to please us, so I think he'd rather use an older character who's been sort of pushed aside than a new character who's currently a big name. After all, this is an all-stars fighting game, so it only makes sense to wait and see if the Inkling will be sticking around as a staple Nintendo IP before putting them in as Smash fighters. As much as I'd be interested as to what they'd do with the Inkling, I think they might prioritize other characters that would have more impact as reveals.

Like King K.Rool, who's last major appearance in a DK game was Jungle Climber all the way back in 2007. K.Rool needs some love, and Smash seems like a perfect way to do so and adknowledge the fans who worked so hard to bring him in.
I do agree with most of what you're saying. Though:
1. How likely do you think it is that Inkling might get chosen instead (at least tonight)? Nintendo might want to capitalize on it's current popularity.
2. This game was never about All Stars though.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
HOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLYYYY SHIIIIITTT!!!

SAKURAI!!!!

SURPRISESSSS

AGAINNNNNN!!!!!

:@

.........why? -_- . Kidding, I guess he is cool and Cloud IS YET ANOTHER MATUREish 3rd Party! :D

The new stage > Cloud tho.

...looks like anime is in smash.

Last edited:

Joseppo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yosemite_JIT
I can't believe we are getting Cloud. Seriously, these are amazing news. I'm literally shaking right now.
Sakurai strikes again, folks.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Someone double check if i'm dreaming because I think I just saw Cloud in Super Smash Bros.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I don't care for Final Fantasy but I must admit, excited for that stage! Also, will play as Cloud. Probbably won't main like Ryu but yh.

THIS CHANGES SMASH BROS SPECULATION FOREVER. :surprised::joyful:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Okay so we got Sonic, MegaMan, Ryu, PacMan, and now Cloud.....I was so not expecting that. So now we got Square joining the battle. I wonder how that deal came across....is it because of the new 3DS game? With this third party line up its really starting to prove once again, that Sakurai seems to like having big named characters for third party.

Last edited:

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
I wanted Wolf to be honest. Cloud looks cool and all, especially the stage but...
I was so sure Wolf would be announced today...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This became so much better because there was no leak.

THIS is how Ryu should have gone down.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Well I'm not upset, very surprised though.

In b4 Geno fans.
In b4 too many anime characters with a sword salt.
In b4 why not snake.
In b4 never appeared on nintendo console character salt.

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought Cloud would be in Smash.

When I saw the starry intro, I thought the FF7 remake was gonna be announced for Wii U.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Always wanted a DQ character in the game, but hey! 2 characters from same company but different series can happen!

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Ok, that was......different. Was not expecting another 3rd party character. Sakurai tosses yet another screwball at us.

But we aren't done yet, apparently.

More Smash goodness in December! Looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom