• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm surprised there's not a New Super Mario Bros thread yet, (hint ;D). I'm planning to play the Wii version with four people, going to be crazy. O_o

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm surprised there's not a New Super Mario Bros thread yet, (hint ;D). I'm planning to play the Wii version with four people, going to be crazy. O_o
This is like, the one Mario game I think is made so much better with more than 1 person. If you're alone it felt a little boring, but with 2+ it's either so fun or hard and fun.

Still, I wish Yoshi wasn't so exclusive to some levels, and that instead of 2 Toads they picked something else. That's just me though haha.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I still don't even own NSMBW yet. I played it once at my cousin's house, 4 player. I tried to go for all the secret pipes and stuff, but nobody cooperated and rushed ahead. It resulted in a few of my deaths.

After that, I began to rush ahead of them. And since I'm much better than them, they had absolutely NO chance of keeping up, heh heh.

I'm surprised there's no LP type thread for Mario games yet. I might make one.

Are we allowed to dedicate threads to some of the hacks of Mario games, or no? I forget if that stuff is against the rules here or not...

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I used to do LPs. I had a lot of them too...lots of Mario games. I 100% my games too.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Wario and Waluigi fit the yellow and blue bill well enough. That would have made the game beyond perfect.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Spire, I almost said, "But they're rivals, I don't think they'd work together".

But, then I remembered SMRPG and SPM, so yeah that would've been a really cool thing to see. I actually miss Waluigi, he really deserves a game.

I swear, if they make Luigi's Mansion 2 (hopefully), I hope they make Waluigi the villain.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
There was an interview with miyamoto where he said it was because Wario, Peach and Waluigi have very different body structures compared to Mario and Luigi.

I can imagine that it would be a pain from a developers stand point but the extra effort would definitely be worth it IMO.

I actually miss Waluigi, he really deserves a game.
Waluigi?

A game of his own?

I'm sorry, but although Waluigi is hilarious in his ways, Bowser, if anything, requires his own game.
Waluigi has been in the series for a bit of time, but Bowser's been in since the very beginning. All of Bowser's comical appearances, all of his serious appearances? After he has so many fans (looking at the above poster, myself, and numerous others)?

Bowser's Inside Story, in my honest opinion, was not enough with Bowser. Sure, we got to venture around his very body, but we still received no extensive information about him.

He's a much deeper character than Waluigi.

Wow, I think I just knocked it off topic.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Lol, so I did a quick run through of SMB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA25iGVZa54

I get frame skip on my laptop though, so it caused a lot of mishaps. My standard play through generally involves not taking damage at all, so I'm kind of disappointed. I might have to lower the quality a bunch to avoid that there frame skip, it's such a pain.

Am I the only one who absolutely detests Wario and Waluigi's existence?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Waluigi?

A game of his own?

I'm sorry, but although Waluigi is hilarious in his ways, Bowser, if anything, requires his own game.
Waluigi has been in the series for a bit of time, but Bowser's been in since the very beginning. All of Bowser's comical appearances, all of his serious appearances? After he has so many fans (looking at the above poster, myself, and numerous others)?

Bowser's Inside Story, in my honest opinion, was not enough with Bowser. Sure, we got to venture around his very body, but we still received no extensive information about him.

He's a much deeper character than Waluigi.

Wow, I think I just knocked it off topic.
I think you missed my point. He deserves his game in the sense that he's a villainous character and needs to star as a villain...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wario and Waluigi fit the yellow and blue bill well enough. That would have made the game beyond perfect.
True, sadly Wario suffers from what Donkey Kong suffers... not being a Mushroom Kingdom character. Him only showing in Mario Land 2 then Mario Land 3 being called Wario Land and stuff. Waluigi needs to not be a filler character, I pick him in a lot of games. )=

I mean Toadette was made from filler character to.... cameo appearances character in Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy. =P

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Reminds me of my weak sauce speedrun.

Since this is mario, I will talk of it. I believe Bowser have been made a joke over the years. i think because of lack of appearances in the games back in the day, he felt more menacing. I just wish Bowser looked more like he did in melee/brawl, and was more of a threat. That's just me.
Nice run. I'll do one without deaths sometime, this was just a test run of my recording device. I'll need splitters if I'm gonna avoid silly deaths due to frameskip.

I was doing a full run of SMB2 yesterday, and something funny happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKiGbiO4Wdg

Toad:Birdo is 0:100. Such a bad MU. Birdo's block **** is broken.

Silk

Smash Apprentice
Still waiting for SMRPG remake for DS. Or how about a DS release with all oldschool Mario titles? Kind of like All-Stars for the DS? I'd rock that.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Man I would love to see a Mario RPG on the DS. I would prefer Paper Mario out of the rest of them though (because well I just prefer it to the other games for the most part). I would buy that in an instant.

I'm pretty sure all the oldschool titles (except maybe 1) was released on the GBA -- even Mario World.

UberMario

Smash Master
It's a shame the Super Mario Land titles didn't end up in the Mario Advance series, the series needs some representation (other than the two remixes of the same theme that we got in 06-08), especially since the US got Super Mario Land before Super Mario Bros 3 (Japan got SMB3 a mere four months prior to SML), so it should be considered a classic along with them.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
It got remixes? Like official Nintendo remixes?

I still need to play through the games myself. I've heard a lot of the music and it definitely is the catchiest out of the series, but I also like the graphics for some reason to. I heard it's short, though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I remember playing Super Mario Land 2 on my Gameboy constantly when I was little. I loved the game to death, to the point I brought the game with me to school and play it every possible moment. I hated myself for losing it.

If both SMLs come out on the DSi's Store, I guarantee I will be at the nearest Wal-Mart 5 minutes later with 200 dollars in hand to get a DSi and Wii Points Card.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
One in Super Mario Galaxy, one in Super Smash Bros Brawl.
There's also a full album remix of the soundtrack, but I'm not sure if the orchestra responsible is directly related to Nintendo. "Mario Adventures I," "Shooting," and "Oh Daisy!" are very stunning.

Whoever takes the time to make arranged albums of the Mario soundtracks typically do a good job with it. "Heavy Troopa is Ready to Launch" is a perfect example.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I remember playing Super Mario Land 2 on my Gameboy constantly when I was little. I loved the game to death, to the point I brought the game with me to school and play it every possible moment. I hated myself for losing it.

If both SMLs come out on the DSi's Store, I guarantee I will be at the nearest Wal-Mart 5 minutes later with 200 dollars in hand to get a DSi and Wii Points Card.
I remember playing the six coins. ;D It's too good.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Oh well I actually knew that theme!

I just didn't recognize it.

My favorite from the game is still World 1-1 music.

aroperdope

Smash Cadet
Right now my younger bro is stuck on the final boss of super mario bros wii. And until he beats him i can't touch the wii! Sigh!!

Btw the music on the world 8 map, along with the final boss music is pretty cool. i want to download them

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Oh man, World 8 was awesome.

That roller coaster level was so ****ing fun. It took a while to beat it my first time, but when I got a couple of my friends to play it with me, all hell broke loose. The main problem was accidentally jumping on each other, though. It was fun.

UberMario

Smash Master
I used to have it, but I gave it away over a decade ago. I do have the Super Mario All-Stars version though.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I had it, too. About a year or 2 ago. But I got it from my dad (it along with the rest of his NES collection + NES) who wanted me to give it to my brother.

I hated to leave it again =/ that was basically my childhood all in one little box, haha. But then again it was pretty much all my siblings childhoods, so can't be selfish really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom