• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Hey people, I'm working on a concept of an alternate version of the princesses, as in a Wario for Peach/Daisy, just wanted feed back on the look/colours.

What do you think I could change to add more character?

UberMario

Smash Master
Maybe make her look more "tough" in order for her to seem like a Wario counterpart. Add some metal bracelists, etc. to make her look more like a brute or short-tempered person.

Nice job, btw. The drab colors work for the idea.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
If it's like an opposite of Peach, she needs a stranger, non-innocent name.

Maybe...Princess Pomegranate? Haha.

kenneth659

Smash Rookie
I am playing super mario from my childhood till now the only different is the technology is changing. Firstly i was playing is simply 2D video game then the PC game is come then the play station was come and now is X-Box.

UberMario

Smash Master
I'm starting to wonder if that's a spambot because:

-He faked the sig, the investment crud is part of the post
-Even a person that has looked up Mario once knows he's not available on the Playstation or the XBox
-There was more than one PC game
-Bad grammar scratch that, there are plenty of real people with that
-First post

UberMario

Smash Master
Maybe...Princess Pomegranate? Haha.
That could work.

I just thought, how about Princess Viscum? It's a poisonous fruit of a parasitic plant, and it sounds menacing!
Much more than it's synonymous term "Mistletoe"

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
That could work.

I just thought, how about Princess Viscum? It's a poisonous fruit of a parasitic plant, and it sounds menacing!
Much more than it's synonymous term "Mistletoe"
Though I'm not necessarily trying to make her menacing, just an exaggeration of Peach (Like Mario(plump?) and Wario(Fat), and Luigi(Thin,tall) and Waluigi(skinny,lanky))

But those names are gold! I was originally going with either Lady Walnut,Waisy or Wapeach (to stick with the "Wa" thing.):)

UberMario

Smash Master
lol Heck of a coincidence that the four worst developed games (Mario Early Years Letters, Mario Early Years Numbers, Mario is Missing, and Mario's Time Machine) were all made by the same developer. =0

NOT

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Mario is missing(snes) wasn't a great game, but it's version of the mario world theme was great. It makes me think of 70s music.

Oh and also, not exactly relevant to mario but I thought the nostalgia would be cool. Here are some renders for your viewing pleasure.

Silk

Smash Apprentice
Cloud Mario :p

He made them! (The file name says by Joe Adok)
Not doubting him or anything but you can save files as whatever you like haha

But if he did all the more awesome, they look great! I need to make a sig out of that Mallow one!

---

*EDIT* Had someone hook me up with a sig, they loved the render, check it out I hope you enjoy what he did with your work, I think it looks dead sexy.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Not doubting him or anything but you can save files as whatever you like haha

But if he did all the more awesome, they look great! I need to make a sig out of that Mallow one!

---

*EDIT* Had someone hook me up with a sig, they loved the render, check it out I hope you enjoy what he did with your work, I think it looks dead sexy.
I approve of that sig very, very much:).

Javon89

Smash Ace
I was thinking this when I started SMG1;

Peach:

Dear Mario,

Please come to the castle. Theres something I'd like to give you.

From Peach

Mario: I already know what it is! Its the missing cake from Super Mario 64!!! WAHOO!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I was thinking this when I started SMG1;

Peach:

Dear Mario,

Please come to the castle. Theres something I'd like to give you.

From Peach

Mario: I already know what it is! Its the missing cake from Super Mario 64!!! WAHOO!
Loool. Nice.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
She did give the cake to Mario in 64. Remember at the end? ^_^

It was a very nice cake too. Though it didn't exactly show Mario and friends eating it.

Man, that reminds of me of the Mario 64 ending. That game easily has my favorite ending music of all the Mario games.

It's just so good.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
She did give the cake to Mario in 64. Remember at the end? ^_^

It was a very nice cake too. Though it didn't exactly show Mario and friends eating it.

Man, that reminds of me of the Mario 64 ending. That game easily has my favorite ending music of all the Mario games.

It's just so good.
Yea, it gives me goosebumps thinking about it.
anyone exited for mario galaxy 2? or does it look fail?
It definitely is NOT fail. As the person above said, many reviewers are giving it 10 because it's the best modern Mario game to date. :bee:

Silk

Smash Apprentice
New stuff for that awesome Mallow render:

And I can't wait to play Super Mario Galaxy 2

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Now that I completed Galaxy 2, I think I might replay all the 3D Mario Platformers soon, right after the New Super Mario Bros & Wii personal long gameplay. Still wondering what next new Mario game is coming next, I think another one would come out around this year.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Moar classic, less new, huge boards, more characters, classic items...
What am I missing :p

Oh yea, good mini-games!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
More absolute bull**** to make you wake up someone else's parents by laughing/crying at the same time at a smashfest at 5:30 in the night.

Oh and button mashing games so I can get the minigame star <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom