• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

justaway12

Smash Master
My sister finally gave me my 25th anniversary present, it's cool, I kinda wish I didn't have 3 to out of the 4 games already on VC though =/

But I guess the CD of Mario's main hits and that booklet that came with it is good enough, it was cute <3~

I'll never get tired of SMB1 anyway, so whatever~

pickle962

Smash Lord
I played some SMG2 a while back and was just blown away. I really like all the different levels,the sheer amount of creativity, and I haven't been this entertained by a Mario game since Super Mario Sunshine(the first mario game I played). Lately, I've been neglecting my Wii and Mario in favor of my PlayStation 3 I got for Christmas. I haven't given up on Nintendo or anything. I've just been addicted to my PS3 and it's offerings. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I've only played 2 player NSMB Wii with my bro.
4 people would be hectic :p

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The only Mario game I've been playing recently is New Super Mario Bros. That game is a really good one, despite the little talk it gets.

pickle962

Smash Lord
The only Mario game I've been playing recently is New Super Mario Bros. That game is a really good one, despite the little talk it gets.
Good luck getting all the star coins...Some of them require a mini mushroom or blue shell, and then there's World 8...:glare:

BSP

Smash Legend
Does anyone else consider smash bros a mostly mario game? It just feels like one to me. Plus, the first two columns of character select are both mario related lol

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Does anyone else consider smash bros a mostly mario game? It just feels like one to me. Plus, the first two columns of character select are both mario related lol
Yeah. I mean he is the face of Nintendo, after all.

Though Pokemon has more characters, since its their soulless money sucking franchise. Like Disney, only a little less gay.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I like NSMBW. Only with more than one person though. It feels too similar to the first one with not enough change, but the multiplayer is refreshing.

Also, Propeller for top tier.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
No. Pokemon RBY began with a soul. Pokemon GSC expanded the soul. Pokemon RSE refined the soul. Pokemon DPPt weakened the soul. Pokemon BW trashed the soul.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Nintendo didn't give Paper Mario 3DS a release date yet. )=<

Also Mario Sports Mix got a 72% in Nintendo Magazine. Crap, Sports Mix is looking like a game that get's old even though it has Wifi. )=

BSP

Smash Legend
Paper Mario 3ds might be the only reason i get a 3ds. All the PMs have been good so far IMO, even super, though it was a little different.

Purellme

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! So in December my friends and I performed at our high school in a Super Mario Play we titled Press Start. It's a one act so it's only thirty minutes but it was written by me, as well as co-directed by me and my friend. I really want to share it with people and see what they think. So enjoy!

Link to Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY5smVVOAbw
Link to Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjYPsmhavJI

The quality isn't the best but if I get enough views then I'll buy the DVD of the performance. (This one was recorded off of out school's schooltube :p)

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Playing Sunshine once again, a few years after I made the regrettable mistake of trading it away.

I really do wish Nintendo could go back to this and make more "urban" enviroments, instead of the usual crazy surreal stuff. And F.L.U.D.D.

Plus I like the interaction with the locals more than most other characters in the 3D platformers.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I love spraying the ground with water and sliding on it.
Try it underground. You're like a bullet :p

Purellme

Smash Rookie
I played that game at my cousins house when it first came out but haven't touched it since. All I remember is doing a lot of cleaning which somehow Nintendo made extremely fun.

And I know not everyone is interested in it but my Mario Play is worth watching, I promise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY5smVVOAbw

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I remember playing this learning mario game on the SNES...one of my first with my little bro and then he sneezed on my controller and I said "quit! you'll give me your jerm (spelling?)!!"

good times :)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I remember playing this learning mario game on the SNES...one of my first with my little bro and then he sneezed on my controller and I said "quit! you'll give me your jerm (spelling?)!!"

good times :)
Oh dang. Mario's Early Years? I had one of those, my dad got me "Mario's Fun With Letters". It was hilarious, but the music and the voices in the game were awful ^^;.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Dr. Mario teaches you about colors... and numbers. =D

I never played Hotel Mario. )=

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
@Terywj and Segtendo

No, your both wrong. Superman 64 is the best the game of all time. :p

Unless we're talking about Mario games only... then that's a whole different matter now isn't it?
Well, this IS a Mario thread.

I forgot about the great classic, "Mario is Missing!" Birthgame of the famous Weegee.
No, I haven't played the games. I'm joking lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom