• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
I knew people wouldn't like WaluigiWare as much as Super Wario Bros., but Him and Toad deserve a game centered around them (and NSMBWii doesn't count for Toad, maybe Wario's Woods does?).

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Toad did have one

Wario Woods, I think.

The only one out of the big 8 that didn't have a game was Bowser, though some peope say M&L 3 Bowser was more main then Mario and Luigi.

I loved wario's woods. I played the NES one in AC and snes version on my snes way back. The bosses were funny and it was actually fun and fairly challenging.

Ehh....bowser's inside story wasn't really a bowser game. It was more of a bowser/luigi and mario game. Still, I think that's going to be the closest bowser is going to get in staring as the main character of a mario game.

Anyway, how many Mario Party games have you guys played?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I loved wario's woods. I played the NES one in AC and snes version on my snes way back. The bosses were funny and it was actually fun and fairly challenging.

Ehh....bowser's inside story wasn't really a bowser game. It was more of a bowser/luigi and mario game. Still, I think that's going to be the closest bowser is going to get in staring as the main character of a mario game.

Anyway, how many Mario Party games have you guys played?[/COLOR]
I've played... all of them excluding 7 and DS. 1, 2, and 3 are my favorites. But gentlemen, Waluigi>>>>Wario. Everyone knows that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I haven't played on on either the nintendo dolphan or Nintendo Revolution...

justaway12

Smash Master

Anyway, how many Mario Party games have you guys played?

That's what I meant :p
But some people say he was more memorable or showed up more or something, I'm not really sure at all, I didn't even play it :p

About the Mario Party thing, I've only play 5 and 8.

toon_marth

Smash Ace

That's what I meant :p
But some people say he was more memorable or showed up more or something, I'm not really sure at all, I didn't even play it :p

About the Mario Party thing, I've only play 5 and 8.
You are seriously not doing yourself a favor by not playing 1 or 2.

Oh, and I have Bowser's Inside Story. It is definitely the best M&L. Great final boss theme, too.

sammy p

Smash Lord
ive played all mario parties, minus 4, and the DS one.....
i think 7 was my favorite by far! i enjoyed the being able to play with up to 8 players! and TRUST me!
my cousins and i played 8 player mayhem like there was no tommorrow! :laugh:

justaway12

Smash Master
@Marth: That's why I want it on wiiware :(

I've got an N64, but a wire is missing :'(
Poor old me, I actually want to play all the Mario Parties at least once.

And since I've broken 5, I only have 8 and my baby sister made me sick of that.
It was okay, but not enough mini-games, I actually enjoyed it before my sister made me play on it 24/7 =/

sammy p

Smash Lord
omni..... you dodnt miss anything with 5... TOTALLY my least favorite and would have much rather bought 4 over 5!
butOBVIOUSLY, thats just my opinion!
im sure someone will come and say otherwise though! :laugh:

toon_marth

Smash Ace
@Marth: That's why I want it on wiiware :(

I've got an N64, but a wire is missing :'(
Poor old me, I actually want to play all the Mario Parties at least once.

And since I've broken 5, I only have 8 and my baby sister made me sick of that.
It was okay, but not enough mini-games, I actually enjoyed it before my sister made me play on it 24/7 =/
I'm missing my AC adapter and controllers for my N64. And movers stole all my Mario Party games for that system, so... :embarrass

Edit@Sammy: 5 is actually the only one I currently have regular access to. It really isn't that bad. I liked it.

sammy p

Smash Lord
Edit@Sammy: 5 is actually the only one I currently have regular access to. It really isn't that bad. I liked it.
ive actually heard that a lot of people like it but... it just never struck my fancy that much i guess!:ohwell:
but i just..... i dont know what i hated about it though... just didnt enjoy it i guess!

justaway12

Smash Master
@Marth: Why would someone steal your Mario Party? It's not that addicting, is it :p

Yeah, I enjoyed 5, the most memorable mini-games for me are Fish upon a star, Leaf vine, Later Skater and Ground Pound Down, for some reason, some mini-games sucked though l:<

Triple jump.
Will Flower (slightly)

Though I did break it years ago, so I can't remember all that well :(

BSP

Smash Legend
I've played 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. Haven't played DS or Advance though. Would anybody else like a mario party with EVERY minigame ever made? i would get it for sure.

PS: 5 is actually my favorite so far (that might be because i dont have regualr access to it).

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Mario Party 5 is where they went wrong in my option. Mostly because Donkey Kong was no longer playable. I mostly favor 7 because of the mini games, the game boards depend on random luck a lot because of Bowser Time, other than that, it would had be pretty good to most eyes. ♥

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I personally, would perfer a Paper Luigi. Ever since I read about Luigi's adventure in Paper Mario TYOD I've been wanting a Paper Luigi =P
Yes, this would be awesome. Dunno what it'd be about, maybe the princess eclair person, but since we know what's gonna happen and alll, it should only be worth $20?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I actually liked 5. The minigames were fun and there was koopa kid so I actually had someone I liked playing as :p

Still, it would have been nice if GC didn't get 4 MP games and instead 3 like the N64. After I bought MP 4, MP 5 came out and 6 came out even faster. By that point I stopped buying them until the price went down or I found them at a used game store

I agree with justaway. Will flower and triple jump were close to impossible on intense without a turbo controller. Fish upon a star was definitely a lot of fun though.

Alzi

Smash Master
Remeber that stage called Domination on mario party 4?

Where you just tap a as fast as you can?

What was your highest :p. I could only get like 80 at the time but my friends and cousins got like 150 i think it was.

Silk

Smash Apprentice
Remeber that stage called Domination on mario party 4?

Where you just tap a as fast as you can?

What was your highest :p. I could only get like 80 at the time but my friends and cousins got like 150 i think it was.
Was that the one where the concrete slab guys from SM64 would fall over domino style?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I rented 4. Once. In 2005. I don't really remember it all that well. The main thing I remember was that it was Mario's birthday. But I remember the plots of 1, 2, and 3 quite nicely. Not to mention the music of 1 and 2 is so endearing because it was composed by none other than Yasunori Mitsuda.

Oh, and you get a cookie of win if you know exactly what my avatar is from and who it is.

justaway12

Smash Master
I had something like that on my Gameboy Color, but I think Plum didn't appear, I only know it's plum because I get her trophy in Melee.

I didn't buy enough games for my 64 :(
Only 64, OoT and some others I can't remember.

I wish I could trade my OoT for the extra wire I need.

Why isn't WiiWare selling Mario Spin-offs dammit :mad:

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I had something like that on my Gameboy Color, but I think Plum didn't appear, I only know it's plum because I get her trophy in Melee.

I didn't buy enough games for my 64 :(
Only 64, OoT and some others I can't remember.

I wish I could trade my OoT for the extra wire I need.

Why isn't WiiWare selling Mario Spin-offs, dammit :mad:
I have the GBC version of MG as well. It was fun to play golf and level up. :3
And yeah. I would do anything to find my N64 adapter and controllers.

Virtual Console NEEDS Mario Party 1-3.

justaway12

Smash Master
Actually, they do sell Mario Golf, but nothing else in the N64 section.

And since we're talking about Mario golf, Grace kind of looks like Pauline.

I think I've bought a lot major Mario titles in Wiiware (except 64, World and the lost levels)

I've got
Donkey Kong
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 1 2 & 3
and Super Mario RPG

There are some I'm not even sure about some e.g. Super Mario Picross

Silk

Smash Apprentice
Epic cookie of win for you. >_>

Mario Golf 64 was the best Mario sports spin-off hands down.
Holla.

Mario Tennis was pretty legit too.

Unlocking those last character in MGolf 64 was hard as balls!

sammy p

Smash Lord
any mario spinoff game was amazing to play! SOOOO many people had to find SOMETHING to complain about for each one though.... the tiniest things just to find SOMETHING!
but all were great!

EDIT: except for basketball.... i didnt like that one.. maybe if they made a wii version it would be great, but i never got into it for the DS

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Mario Tennis series would be the best Mario spinnoff if Mario Strikers Charged didn't exist. I'm just waiting for another Mario Basketball game that's not on the DS.
I've actually only played the first Strikers. I don't own it, either. Played it at my friend's house. It was good, but not better-than-Mario Tennis good. Charged, on the other hand, might be better... idk. I just got hooked on MT from day one. MG, though, took some time to learn to enjoy and get skilled at. Nothing was more frustrating than toad swinging that flag in your face screaming "OH! BEE!" every time you hit it out of bounds, or "Oooh, into the rough." from the announcer. MT was easy compared to MG.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I personally, would perfer a Paper Luigi. Ever since I read about Luigi's adventure in Paper Mario TYOD I've been wanting a Paper Luigi =P
Yeah I wanted one too. Paper Luigi is too good a title to pass up. Come on Nintendo, get back to work! Just kidding. Oh and what would happend would probaly be different, for no apparent reason lol. Just put in ~lazy writing~ haha. And then make some girl with like green hair and bam Eclair.

justaway12

Smash Master
They should have had the advetures of Luigi as a sequel to TTYD as well. It could have been fun.

And even though I have never played a 64 spin-off game, my favorite Mario sports game has to be Mario Power Tennis. Mario Strickers Charged is very close but football was never my cuppa tea, I guess, I loved Strickers but I had a lot more fun with Tennis, I think it depends on who I played it with, I enjoyed the people I played Tennis with more, I guess.

I would have bought Mario Golf on Wiiware if it didn't cost 1,000 points D:<

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Calling a game you play with your feet anything other than football is very weird to be fair.
Shouldn't it be called Netball than?

Basketball is named after the baskets...

Baseball is named after the bases...

sammy p

Smash Lord
i personally, DIDnt enjoy it and is the only mario spinoff game i didnt enjoy. maybe im being picky and totally unfair about the game, but i found it a little boring. but i probably would have enjoyed it MUCH more it they could have made a wii version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom