• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hmm, I guess since the blue background nearly almost matches the color of the blue Yoshi. I do wonder how long did they make Galaxy 2, since it is coming out sooner than many would had thought.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Something about Mario and Yoshi on the box art gives me the creeps.

Nah, just my imagination.
I see what you mean.
From a point of view, that image looks X rated from the way Mario is riding Yoshi. x_x

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
A Modest Proposal

Something about Mario and Yoshi on the box art gives me the creeps.

Nah, just my imagination.
No, you're right. He looks...nevermind he just looks weird. Viper too care of what I was thinking.

EDIT:

Now that I'm thinking about this you guys...this thread is pretty big, and a lot of stuff goes on in it. If someone ever brings up SMG2, instead of making a topic it goes in here.

Wouldn't you guys rather have a subforum like the Legend of Zelda one? I think it'd be a good idea, seeing as this is still fairly active since it was made 7 months ago. That's pretty good. If we had one we could put everything Mario related into it. Mario Party, upcoming Mario games. Your ideas on new Mario titles...

Topics for SM64, old-school Marios, Merchendise (what do you have? I know I have a Mario shirt or two), favorite enemies, the best music? You name it.

And Mario Kart Wii, you could also have that thrown in there for battles, races, show off your stuff.

Mario's a huge franchise, and I think it really deserves a spot on this forum, I think I'm going to make a petition for it. Does anyone like the idea?

UberMario

Smash Master
Yeah, that is a strange way for him to be posed, what the heck is he grabbing at with his right hand? One of Yoshi's spikes?

UberMario

Smash Master
I just noticed that there's a Red Yoshi running upsidedown on the upper planet.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I step in and see that Yink made a great proposal above. Are you guys really just going to ignore that because it's too long for you to read?

UberMario

Smash Master
Uh, I'm already talking to Yink about it and I have no idea what Justaway12 is doing.

Anyway, I'd be for it.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm willing to take a chance and ask about this in forum support.

I just need to see who all would like it. So far I have:

Yink
UberMario
Kewkky
Spire
justaway12
SkylerOcon
Luigitoilet
Today
L_Cancel
DMG
bowser king
Alzi
Viper
A_man13
Segtendo
sumo_066
SleepyGod
Terywj
r88_2004
Levitas
mariobrouser

(if anyone wishes to be taken off let me know)

If more people wanted it I think it'd be cool. I mean if Zelda and Pokemon have one I don't see why Mario can't. This thread has lived awhile and is still living so there's definitely interest. Plus new releases would REALLY benefit the sub-forum.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I agree, mario is definitely big enough to have its own subforum.

EDIT:

We could set up our own tournies, and actually get some of these ideas we had floating around and make threads for them.

Alzi

Smash Master
I agree to Mario sub forum if Zelda gets one why not Mario. :p

You can have Mario kart wii online tournaments or a wifi night.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Mario Strikers Charged tournament would be more competitive, with the right rule set. Though I'm not sure if anyone plays that game anymore, I can barley find anyone online with that game. =/

Mario Kart Wii is good to. =P

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Mario Strikers Charged tournament would be more competitive, with the right rule set. Though I'm not sure if anyone plays that game anymore, I can barley find anyone online with that game. =/

Mario Kart Wii is good to. =P
I would love a chargers tourney. Sadly bowser is terrible in it :(

I had the idea of having our own sub-forum before but at the time we were didn't have that many posts. Now that we've been around for so long I think its a perfect time.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
May I put all of you on that petition? xD;

Also...I don't play MKW as much anymore as I used to. I got tired of hackers and the fact that it's SO easy to win in that game...the items are too pumped up and there's no invincibility if you get hit with something to save you from getting hit right after.

I did end up when I stopped with around 9700 VR. Daisy + Mach Bike. <3

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I would love a chargers tourney. Sadly bowser is terrible in it :(

I had the idea of having our own sub-forum before but at the time we were didn't have that many posts. Now that we've been around for so long I think its a perfect time.
Bowser is high tier in that game, but Bowser Jr, Peach, and Wario is terrible in that game. XD

Also I agree it's the right time. =3

A_man13

Smash Master
Bowser is high tier in that game, but Bowser Jr, Peach, and Wario is terrible in that game. XD

Also I agree it's the right time. =3
*Lowers "Bowser Jr. #1" foam finger*

I'd be up for a mario forum. Zelda might have more to discuss, but mario has more uses on a site dedicated to competetive video games. I'm pretty good at MKWii and alright at chargers (but, then again, the strikers tourney is the single most devious device devised by devisors. I beat it, but just barely) and I would love to get tourneys going and such. I may not be the best (heck, if I can't be good at brawl or pokemon, chances are neither will I be so here), but my bowser Jr. is always on call for a butt whopping.

So yeah, I second the motion.

A_man13

Smash Master
I'm sad to hear bowser jr. is bad :(

Him and bowser are basically the only characters I play.
Same here. I'd imagine it's the special ability for strikers. It's only real helpful if you can knock people into the fence with it. But, even then, the only other captain I'd consider using is Diddy and that's even rare for me.

But yeah, whenever he's playable I take Bowser Jr. with dry bones being a second option. The only character I adamently wanted to see in brawl, too...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yink I agree also. : D It would be great for Mario to have a sub-forum.

UberMario

Smash Master
Sorry, I bet everyone's heard this or seen it but I didn't until Levitas linked me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqqsewbj5Qw

There's hidden music in the results screen? O.o
Well, it's not supposed to be hidden. One of the programers apparently messed up the loop count of the first part (the part you hear) outrageously, in such away that the tens digit was 60-something. So instead of playing the first part twice (each part was intended to play twice in an AABB format), it plays it sixty-or-more times. Because on the officially released soundtrack it plays after the first part is repeated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLNz...B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=28&fmt=18

Now the real question is, why didn't they fix this in the Wii port?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Wild Mario Subforum Petition appeared!

Go! Charizard!

Mario Subforum Petition used Awesome Common Sense!

It's super effective!

Tery withdrew Charizard!

Tery used Support!
---
Just voicing out support from a PokeCenter junkie.
---
Also, the box art looks pretty good, if that is to be the box art, that is.

-Terywj

UberMario

Smash Master
Wild Mario Subforum Petition called for backup!

Petition Signers appeared!

Petition Signers used Uproar!

It's super effective!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Wild Mario Subforum Petition called for backup!

Petition Signers appeared!

Petition Signers used Uproar!

It's super effective!
So I'm not gonna lie, but I really liked this followup post. Kudos to you, my friend. :)

This is seriously a wonderful idea though, guys. Yink is quite a genius.

-Terywj

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
You guys know that though I have your names, enough of us are going to have to post about this in the support forum for it to work right?

Just hope you guys know that. C:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah no problem, I love mario! Cmon, lets use the powah of MAMA LUIGI.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also we have to remember that the Zelda boards worked hard to get their boards, so we should work hard as well! We will get Mario a board! : D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom