• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
While I have complete respect for Mango as a player, I think that anyone here saying that him not trying is the only reason he hasn't been winning isn't good enough. Even if it is true, It seems to me like an extremely convenient thing to say whenever he doesn't win. And it is extremely unfair to people who have been consistently placing high to undermine their success with "Mango would win if he actually tried".

Even if it's true, he hasn't been winning. At what point do we ever stop saying that Mango is the best if everyone brushes it off as him not trying? :/

I'm not even saying he isn't the best cause he very well might not be trying. What i'm saying is, show some respect for the people who are putting effort in and don't undervalue their efforts with "Mango'd raep thme if he trys this time".

Mango is gonna try at this, so it's all cool.

Though I agree that it is unfair to other players, it is irrelevant. Mango has obviously not been playing to win since Pound 4. If the character choices aren't good enough proof (Captain Falcon, Mario, Marth, etc.) then just look at what he's been doing beside the game in tournies lately.
Drinking lots and hanging out with friends, not spending time on preparing or warming up his characters to play. And the fact that Mango himself has said the reason he's doing it is cause he felt that no one cared about him winning anymore. Since it was never about the money for him in the first place, he saw no reason to win anymore, and just did what he wanted to do. But now he feels the community can "have him back" so to speak.

This is all from the Mango interview. Check it on youtube if you haven't. This is not just coming from him, btw, it's coming from everyone that has met him and played him. PP, Armada, Hbox, M2K and Amsah have all said repeatedly that Mango's the best. If they know it, and are okay with it, I don't really see a problem.

But all this is still just talk. Mango is gonna try at this, and we're gonna see who comes out on top.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Even if it's true, he hasn't been winning. At what point do we ever stop saying that Mango is the best if everyone brushes it off as him not trying? :/

I'm not even saying he isn't the best cause he very well might not be trying. What i'm saying is, show some respect for the people who are putting effort in and don't undervalue their efforts with "Mango'd raep thme if he trys this time".
We'll stop saying that if he loses while trying... which is this weekend...

Just listen to the podcast. Mango says he mostly goes to tourneys to hang out with his friends in the community, actually winning comes second... or third or something.

I think Mango is the best by a pretty decent margin. Then again, I haven't seen him try, y'know? So we'll see this weekend. I just think it's really silly when people say he's just johning for his losses or something... like come on, Mango is too good.

PP and Armada **** though, so it's gonna be a real exciting weekend.

Pi

Smash Hero
i still want to see hbox win this.
would be a good lesson to all the haters
kids mad good

vvv.......what he said too

stelzig

Smash Lord
While I have complete respect for Mango as a player, I think that anyone here saying that him not trying is the only reason he hasn't been winning isn't good enough. Even if it is true, It seems to me like an extremely convenient thing to say whenever he doesn't win. And it is extremely unfair to people who have been consistently placing high to undermine their success with "Mango would win if he actually tried".

This topic isn't a discussion of who is the best though. It's predictions for who will win genesis 2 so even if you think winning recent tournaments is a criteria to be acknolwedged as the best, you can't really stop others from being convinced that mango is going to win this tournament.
Even in the case of discussing who is the best it is actually kind of silly to tell people what to think. "You have to say this guy is the best, otherwise you're disrespectul!" wtf?

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I dont think so.

Iv'e seen Armadas other characters and he always wins with them. Theirs a reason why he's the best in Europe. He's not just good with Peach and YL. He's talented with other characters.

Have you seen his Luigi? Or his fox? or his Kirby?

He has a lot of characters his good with. He hasn't exploited them yet (at least in Amerian tourneys).

Maybe you need to watch his vids from Europe and you will see what im saying.

Stratford

Smash Champion
I think it would be fun to see Armada's YL against like Hbox's sheik or fox or something.

Against Mango's fox or falco... not so much. I mean it'd still be fun but in a more sadistic sort of way.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
I dont think so.

Iv'e seen Armadas other characters and he always wins with them. Theirs a reason why he's the best in Europe. He's not just good with Peach and YL. He's talented with other characters.

He has a lot of characters his good with. He hasn't exploited them yet (at least in Amerian tourneys).

The only thing most people know about Armada's alternates are that his Y.link scraped Hbox and that he got whipped by Mang0 in set 3 game 3 at Genesis.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I dont think so.

Don't get me wrong, Armada is amazing and he's 112 times better than I am. I've seen many vids of his alts, including his Fox, Falco and Kirby.

I stand by what I said though, his YL wouldn't do so well against top spacies.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I didn't mean top spacies. I meant spacies in general.

LOL you use 112 times instead of 100 times.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Armada picked up YLink specifically to beat Jigglypuff. He kept his use of this character a secret for everyone outside of Sweden until Pound 5 and still only uses him as a Puff counter (or at least I've never seen him use YLink in any other situation).

I just don't think he'll even think about using YLink against anyone who doesn't play Puff in the tournament.

Bing

Smash Master
Im changing my top 5 Prediction....
1.Armada
2.Mango
3.M2K
4.Taj
5.Axe/Dr.PeePee
7. HBox
8.Lovage
9.Wobbles
9.Tect(Would be awesome XD)

Dr.PP hasnt been playing great... Mango is actually trying by the looks of it.
Taj and his Marth look phenomenal(YAY)
M2K is M2K
Axe is a Pika main, but I dont expect a top 3 yet, based on the match up difficulties, but I do see good things ahead.

I think Armada will beat Mango in GF in 4 games, its about time he took the title of #1. He deserves it.

Two possiblities, for a change, Wobbles and Kage. Kage is always a strong player, possible for top 5, wouldnt surprise me. Wobbles is a great Ic's player, PLUS I read the wobbling was legal, so I think that in itself makes a world of difference. Fly Amanita could also make it. Ic's are due for a rise to top 5.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Taj above Hbox, Dr PP, and Axe? LOL

:phone:
I'd believe it of him above Axe, after him beating PP today I could see that as well. If Tony is playing how well I'm guessing he played vs PP then he could go on a rampage. Yes falco is one of his favorite matchups, but it's still PP and Taj still had to have played well to beat him. I think it might be a bit far to say he'll get 4th but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he DID get that.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I'm really interested in seeing how taj will do. He usually tries to stay true to mewtwo at big tourneys and nets a strong 17th place. If he plays all marth and is beating PP in pools, he might be going somewhere. I'm not expecting top 5 or anything ridiculous, but he could go far.

Lucky has been playing really below he level. He may not even make it out of r3 pools at this rate.

:phone:

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorta hoping PP was slacking/sandbagging yesterday, to not reveal all his tricks or get people to sleep on him. Then again, I don't know how likely that is... Otherwise I hope he just had a bad day and that he'll do better today! I'm sure he'll do great, but I want him to play the best he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom