• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 - Who's going?/Smash 64 Group Discussion

omargoodness

Smash Rookie
ok so, last night we went over pricing details again for the millionth time, and again we got stuck when it came to 64..

SOO... i decided to just ask you guys.

for singles, we were thinking since there are so many people traveling to this, $10 would be too little.
$20 MIGHT be too expensive, BUT.. since genesis is all about being epic, a fat cash prize for 64 would be pretty sweet.

We ultimately settled on $15 for singles, $10 for teams (per person). I want to hear some opinions on this, and if $20, $15/per person would be to expensive or not.

i would like to do 20/15 but i also dont want to push away some people from entering due to the uncommonly high price of entry. which is why we settled on 15/10.

but yeah let me know =) i wanna hear what you guys have to say about it
I would totally up it to $20 or more but my opinion doesnt count cuz i cant go...I wish I could go on saturday...I've been looking for new people to play with...6 months ago at a party, a friend of friend said they play and they're really good and they can beat anyone, they also heard that I'm really good and I have never been beat...so he challenged me...i said sure but if you're really that confident in your game, you'll bet $100...sure enough he took the bet...he really wasnt that good...I've played with better people...well since I cant make it for Saturday, any 64 friendlys going to be there on Friday??? I'm down to stop by and see the crowd and play a friendly game or two...I'm just looking to play really good players and improve my game if there are better players than me...

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
I would totally up it to $20 or more but my opinion doesnt count cuz i cant go...I wish I could go on saturday...I've been looking for new people to play with...6 months ago at a party, a friend of friend said they play and they're really good and they can beat anyone, they also heard that I'm really good and I have never been beat...so he challenged me...i said sure but if you're really that confident in your game, you'll bet $100...sure enough he took the bet...he really wasnt that good...I've played with better people...well since I cant make it for Saturday, any 64 friendlys going to be there on Friday??? I'm down to stop by and see the crowd and play a friendly game or two...I'm just looking to play really good players and improve my game if there are better players than me...
it's Smash Weekend! Of course there's gonna be frindlies and what not all weekend long! :bee:

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Not going, I goofed around too much and didn't plan ahead. I did update the OP with that list from the other page. Thanks whoever did that, lol.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hate to be a ***** like this, but it's looking more and more like I can't come. My johns are numerous. :( sorry for leading you on guys.

malva00

Smash Master
lol at people dropping out of the "Confirmed" list

no one should be on the Confirmed list unless they have registered for the tourney

http://www.genesisdbr.com/?page_id=175

Isai
Meta
Onski
SuPeRbOoMfAn
TheSaberGuy

and OOC (out of country) players don't have to pay until they get to the venue. so for OOC, they should only be confirmed if they have purchased plane tickets already XD

top 5 predictions; had to think about it for a while

1. Isai
2. Meta
3. Onski
4. SuPeRbOoMfAn
5. TheSaberGuy

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
yeah i under estimated the over all cost of this trip as well as how hard it would be for me to get a passport.

I wont confirm for apex till i have NY tickets though lol

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Me and Kefit will sign up soon we have plane tickets and a hotel ready.

Also they should take sign ups at the door cuase of the last min guys who wait untell they show up if they dont they may lose money and players :p Also its sad that alot of players are dropping out like flys I do hope we get more then 15 at this..........

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Me and Kefit are now registered for this. Anyone that wants to mm let us know!! XD

here is the updated list as of 6/26/11

13 Total Players

B-Rex
dookdigity
HarryPonting
Isai
JaimeHR
Jel
Kefit
KnitePhox
Meta
Onski
samsonites
SuPeRbOoMfAn
TheSaberGuy

Will it get past 15? what do you think?

B Link

Smash Lord
Looks like my dad offered me a trip to San Fransisco from this weekend till July 17 lol. He's going to see some friends, how ironic. Too bad I just got a new job and have summer school =/ Had to decline.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Its to bad that half the players who said they are going dont seem to be when time really comes down to it. But then again that happens at all smash events lol

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
I just registured. Drunk-e-ness will be there kk.

Hopefully I will have my comic published by then too. its 20 pages son!!!!

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
I as well. But you wont be at apex i dont think so in turn We'll never play console :(

I wanna MM kefit >=)
Yeah it would cost us way to much money to go to apex, but you never know things could go good and we could be there.

Also what about mming me I go even with Kefit on N64 with everything but his Pika lol

Surri vs Kefit would be really hype actually.
This would be a good match to see :D and to be recorded one day.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
You guys do realise that Harry Ponting is going to obliterate the 64 tourney.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
16 Total Players

$heen
B-Rex
dookdigity
Drunk-E-Ness
HarryPonting
Isai
Itakio
JaimeHR
Jel
Kefit
KnitePhox
Meta
Onski
samsonites
SuPeRbOoMfAn
TheSaberGuy

Up to 16 now. More then my Brithday smash tourney that I had years ago witch I had 15 players go to :D.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
16 Total Players

$heen
B-Rex
dookdigity
Drunk-E-Ness
HarryPonting
Isai
Itakio
JaimeHR
Jel
Kefit
KnitePhox
Meta
Onski
samsonites
SuPeRbOoMfAn
TheSaberGuy

Up to 16 now. More then my Brithday smash tourney that I had years ago witch I had 15 players go to :D.
add me to that list. i just registered!

sidefx

Smash Champion
registration for 64 will also be open at the venue. a lot of impulse entrants will be registered so the numbers will probably go up

Top Bottom