• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS needs your help! ***NEED MORE VOLUNTEERS***

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
I want to Volunteer. My headshot is in my profile. All I have to do is figure out how to get to Antioch via BART. Either that or I can ask Hyuga for a ride, since I think he goes through SF on his way to things.

Not sure about that, but I wouldn't dare ask Rey/Jeff/Tang for anything.

LMK Phade requirements on gas, since my ride would be saving me a BART ticket.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
I can help with pools but I'll only be around the first two days. We don't normally do pools in Davis, but I've helped do them in Washington before.

Miztik

Smash Master
Ill help out with the Media part, ill be taking alot of pics with my camera i got 2 2gb memory cards im sure will be filled up when this is done.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Um, if we bring a laptop+capture card, will we be in charge of looking over it the whole time?

If so, I'll probably bring a VCR and tapes

sidefx

Smash Champion
Um, if we bring a laptop+capture card, will we be in charge of looking over it the whole time?

If so, I'll probably bring a VCR and tapes
basically =\ we cant really look over everyones stuff, i mean we will, and we have security, but that only goes so far yknow, but as long as you have your eye on it itll be fine.

and plus i dont think there will be an instance where if your recording equipment is being used you wont be away from it anyways since youll be the one recording the stuff.

basically since this thing is so huge, we dont have the man power to simply just take everyones stuff, and set it up ourselves.... were letting the community kinda help out on the recording aspects of the tournament and basically just reserving the high status matches for us to record with commentary.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You should um, add me to the first post :) haha.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i can loan you my laptop and wouldn't mind being a volunteer

if i volunteer would i still have to be tied to you guys the whole time each day or could i just do a few pools, and would i get to do melee pools so that i don't get bored watching brawl ones?
also, would someone always be by my laptop and could i get it back every night?

WassupJB

Smash Lord
aye son. i'm down to help, you already know this.

i'm sure it's in your best interest to put me as staff. trust me i'll regulate real quick.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
if i volunteer would i still have to be tied to you guys the whole time each day or could i just do a few pools, and would i get to do melee pools so that i don't get bored watching brawl ones??
what macD said lol

Charoo

Smash Champion
btw. GET A CRAP LOAD OF $1, $5, $10, $20 FOR CHANGE
all TO know how crazy it is that apparently all smashers only carry 20 dollar bills and nothing else. So make sure you have A LOT. You gonna need as much change as possible for this amount of people.

I got change in 1 and 5 for Mango Juice before the tourney and we didn't have any trouble with people entering with $20 bills.

sidefx

Smash Champion
yeah i know thats pretty much common sense @ champ

@ macd, were not expecting anyone devote their whole time at genesis to run pools, but youll have more of an obligation to help out if you put yourself down as a volunteer. I could care less which one you want to do or dont to, when it comes down to it, getting the tourny done is my first priority. Im almost positive that once genesis rolls around, we'll probably get brawl people to do brawl pools, and melee people to do melee pools.. thats just how it goes i guess.. cause id rather have people who know the rule set in and out for the game theyre running pools for.

and as far as the laptop goes, we'd only need it for registration basically, IF that.. which is friday morning, and maybe saturday morning for singles sign ups.

but ill put you down

also @hylian, im gonna put you down as staff, cause we full on TO's, but youre free to help out with what ever you feel like helping out with =D

pockyD

Smash Legend
nooo don't do signups on saturday

signups all on friday, so that pools are set in stone at the start of saturday

sidefx

Smash Champion
we mean additional sign ups.. youll see.

its basically for people who are not coming friday and only for singles, but they wont be seeded. everyone else will be.

all the info will go up later tonight, the whole first post is getting redone.. so yeah

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm just going to sticky this for awhile so you don't have to keep bumping it.

fribjits

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to apply to media :D. I'm bringing my awesome digital video camera (flip video) and I plan on recording a ton of video. On Friday I will be doing a bunch of money matches and hopefully meeting all my favorite superstars and being a fanboy, so I won't record as much video that day, Saturday I'll be in pools but I'm not super pro so I doubt I'll get to brackets, so on sunday I'll probably just be spending the whole day walking around and recording all the shenanigans taking place as well the big matches from the outside. So if you let me get in close to the final rounds I can record the final matches up close and personal. (Not the actual matches on the tv, but the players while they play). My camera rocks the quality boxers but it only records an hour a time so i'll be hopping to my laptop a lot to transfer vid. Then I can give copies of my video to you guys or whoever wants it. (I'm bringing cd'rd and a flash drive.) (I'm planning to upload most of it to youtube anyways.) It's always fun to see the match outside the match with the crowd and all. Let me know what you think.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
I'd also like to offer help with media. I've taken a fair amount of pictures, and most people seem to really like them. I don't think I'll last long as far as tournament placings go, so I'll have time to walk around, taking pictures of people watching matches, people taking breaks, groups, and just the overall crowd and stuff. I would do video, but my 1 video camera will be functioning as my capture device for my setup.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Hey if you need help I'll glady help around with pools and such. I've ran tournaments with all of BC Canada + Washington so I am experienced in it.
Just a question though. Say im running a pools match but I myself have a match somewhere else. What would happen?

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
im sure the genesis staff is planning on having a media section on their site for after the tournament

it would be stellar if everyone, especially those without a press badge, could tell boback the address of their share of photos

and all the links could be put in one place

so i can see everything

joeplicate

Smash Master
Hey if you need help I'll glady help around with pools and such. I've ran tournaments with all of BC Canada + Washington so I am experienced in it.
Just a question though. Say im running a pools match but I myself have a match somewhere else. What would happen?
i can vouch for this guy

you would probably be running your own pool at that time

sidefx

Smash Champion
awesome, ill put you down hitsugaya. As far as anything like that happening or coming up, then yeah joe pretty much summed it up. Youll probably just be pool captain of your own pool that youre in.

and yeah im gonna be setting up a photo album type thingy on the norcalsmash.com site, with all the pictures and stuff from the tourny. Ill try and snag all the pictures from the people taking pictures at the end of the day, and put them on my hard drive or something, and then take care of it later after the tourny.. OR i can actually jsut update it every night when i get back to the hotel room. we'll see. but yeah photo album sounds legit.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
I can probably help around when I'm not playing since I'm only doing singles for melee.

I have no prior tournament helping experience though...so yeah

L__

Smash Master
I'd like to volunteer as a media-person, that is if I'm still able to volunteer.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Can I get a media spot?
I'm taking a cam w/ a 4G card so I can take pics, video and all that good shizzle. Also I'm the official corespondent for the Pikachu and Kirby boards. Plus I'll be on the SoCal Genesis bus so I will have some stuff from the ride.

L__

Smash Master
I forgot to mention,

I have a digital photo camera that can take 9000+ pictures, not that we'll be needing them, but it'll be nice to know that I can always take more.

and...

I have a digital video camera that can record upto 8 hours.

I got paged and I would prefer I didn't. D:

I can bring my laptop too, I just would like to know, if something happens to it will you guys be responsible? Or am I going to have to replace it with my own money?

And that might change me bringing it or not.

onski?

Smash Ace
Boback, if you need another cook in the kitchen, i'd be more than willing to help out.

Top Bottom