• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results thread

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I know there's already a tourney results thread, but I figured this would get as much interest to garner its own thread, so why not?

Anyway, Genesis was awesome, but barely any Lucarios went there, no less made it past pools. iirc, D. Disciple, Timbers, and FWK didn't get past their pool (I'm not entirely positive about this, but I am somewhat certain). Neither did I, but no one really gives a **** about me.

Anyway, I think Rayku and Stauffy might've made it past pools, but that's about it. itt we discuss people I didn't mention and Genesis results.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, Timbers was in my pool. One of my favorite smashers that I met here.

I had to beat Timbers in order to make it out. He made 4th seed, I made 3rd. I beat DMG, but lost to a scrub Snake player and Malcom.

I lost to FOW first round, a Ness player. I then beat Bladewise's Marth in loser's, and lost to another scrub Snake player (SamuraiPanda).

It seems that Snake is a personal counter to me...

I don't think Stauffy made it past pools. If he did, then woops. I remember playing a few friendlies with him, and proving that Lucario dittos are, in fact, no indication of skill level.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
FOW is Full of Win, even if he's like 13 years old.
Bladewise is meh, but you certainly got your pick of mixed matches.

Looks like Stauffy did ok too (he had to fight Eggz, ewwww).

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I had M7H, Tyrant, and T1mmy in pool.

But I'm not johning about it. They're the only ones who beat me and they all made it out, so I know that I just need to get better. But yeah, Lucario's representation is not looking good.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Now I wish I made preparations for this, I feel sad that I didn't get to at least try to rep (NW seemed to do pretty well in this, I was surprised).
I saw quite a few snakes, I've been working on that matchup recently (even picked up snake too). Good try guys, maybe Evo/HOBO or something will be better.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
People who went to Genesis are going to Evo? Wow. Just wow.

Also, I saw a lot of MKs and Marths. Snakes were populous too, but it was scary Marth infested. God I hate this matchup.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yes, marth can be very tough if you don't know what you are doing, and even so it is really tough because how much of a crux DB is to the punish game and dtilt is for zoning. However any good marth will tell you range isn't everything in a MU.

This year's Evo luckily doesn't use items lol.

I also wanted to try my hand at M2 at Melee for the lolz.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
oh that reminds me: Taj is sexy.

Yeah, DB just ****s on me up close. The frame is so annoying; it can punish anything Lucario does and interrupt something like Jab, which is Lucario's great poker for punishing, next to Ftilt. And most Marth these days can get past some AS camping + spamming.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, this MU is one where fsmash seems to have a bit more use than just netting a kill on landing frames.
AS camping is almost not camping, at least in the traditional sense. It's pretty bad (I can attest to that).

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Yeah, I didn't get out of pools, my nerves got the best of me, when I could've had 2nd seed with ease, but dropped the set twice! If I didn't get nervous on last stock and high percent, thinking I can chase at my opponent in the air and kill them, then die. I would've gotten out pools with ease, got a lot of rep though with my performance with Lucario and got 25th in doubles I believe with Malcolm.

HyperEnergy

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I guess all the Lucario mains have a lot to work on. Still, Rayku placing 65th (iirc) and D. Disciple getting 25th in teams is pretty good for a huge tourney like this. You guys should be proud of yourselves.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, Timbers was in my pool. One of my favorite smashers that I met here.

I had to beat Timbers in order to make it out. He made 4th seed, I made 3rd. I beat DMG, but lost to a scrub Snake player and Malcom.

I lost to FOW first round, a Ness player. I then beat Bladewise's Marth in loser's, and lost to another scrub Snake player (SamuraiPanda).

It seems that Snake is a personal counter to me...

I don't think Stauffy made it past pools. If he did, then woops. I remember playing a few friendlies with him, and proving that Lucario dittos are, in fact, no indication of skill level.
read Punishment guide =]. Its a promising read to beat snake, trust me lmfao.

Trela

Smash Lord
I SOOOOO wanted to fly with TX to this, but I'm poor as hell and my parents would'nt allow me to lol.

Sometime next year I think I'll be allowed to fly to the EC events :D

=Trela=

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, I didn't get out of pools, my nerves got the best of me, when I could've had 2nd seed with ease, but dropped the set twice! If I didn't get nervous on last stock and high percent, thinking I can chase at my opponent in the air and kill them, then die. I would've gotten out pools with ease, got a lot of rep though with my performance with Lucario and got 25th in doubles I believe with Malcolm.
Choking is a pain...
>.<

Rayku

Smash Lord
Why do people constantly insist on telling me how to play? It's just plain disrespectful.

My teammate kept killing himself in teams. Otherwise we would have beaten Ajax+Futile and/or AlphaZealot+Judge.

Oh well. I got beaten. Snake is a douche.

Nubsta5

Smash Cadet
Samurai Panda is actually a pretty good Snake player and fairly well-known.

I had him in my pool, along with Chaz (one of Florida's best Marths), and Havok (a rush-down MK), so... needless to say, I didn't make it out, but I got 4th.

My Lucario was meh all weekend, but (as dumb as this sounds), my Ike was ****** towards the end XD.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
tbh, I think it's a matter of your playstyle. I've watched it, it's unorthodox, kind of like Xisin and Bardull with marth. You'll always get snarked on it except on high levels of play, but trust me, I think you've done pretty well for lucario. You have a good grasp of the basics, I'll give you that.
SWF is for building your metagame, and I think that while you have taken some relatively unfair and heated criticism, it doesn't hurt to still look and listen to some of it occasionally.

Zucco

Smash Master
at times like this it sucks to be ec =(. wish I could have gone to give Lucario some rep.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
read Punishment guide =]. Its a promising read to beat snake, trust me lmfao.
It's better to practice against Snakes and learn what works imo. You can learn about how to punish a Ftilt and you can read about what you should do out of a Uthrow, but it won't be the same as learning it through actually playing. At least, that's what helped me.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
While Genesis was going I was at Too Poor for Genesis. I placed 25th and finished 4th in my pool so I made brackets. Like all the other Lucario mains I got elimated by a Snake in winnners brackets and got elimated my a MK.

Congrats to all the Lucario mains that went to Genesis, you tried your best. Also to all Lucario's out there, what is with us to losing to Snake?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Good solid snakes (lol pun) are hard to come by tbh.
It's a really different game you have to play, I've actually started to pick him up myself.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I was in Rayku and Timber's pool. Both were fun to play. Rayku thanks for the friendlies after man, and the advice you gave me.

Timbers

check me out
lols rayku you are too good, had fun talking to you and stuff but I kinda booked it early to go party and hit San Fran so we didn't get a proper goodbye =[

I was I think one win to tying 3rd seed with you, which would have happened against Malcolm but then I died to a waft at 80% when he was creeping around the 190's LOL.

I didn't even know I'd be playing though, so I had fun =) My mindset was pretty much I'd forfeit immediately if I made it into brackets, because I had **** to do lol. It was fun but I didn't go to Genesis for Smash really lol. The only time I actually enjoyed being in the venue was during melee crews.

@PX lol get *****, I havent played this game in hella days, Blazblue is way better, get it

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
I can't tell if this is a backhanded way of insulting me or not.

FOW is Full of Win, even if he's like 13 years old.
Bladewise is meh, but you certainly got your pick of mixed matches.

Looks like Stauffy did ok too (he had to fight Eggz, ewwww).
"ok" is not how I'd put it.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Well, not for what other results I've seen of yours, no.
But considering lucario rep and Genesis overall meh-age? Better than nothing.
Again I think I sound incredulously stupid for saying these things when I didn't go and help in playing in the tourney.

Timbers

check me out
Also 119 on saturday night was pretty legit, even though I got there late and vodka ran dry by the time I had my 4th shot. Also cops getting called on smashers at 3am was pretty funny too lol. Nothing happened but it was kind of funny cause everyone hella scattered outta the halls as soon as they got called.

Timbers

check me out
scary? I only wish I was around to have a YELLING MATCH with rayku.

except god we'd have to play other characters i guess? because luc dittos are so anti-hype...

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
I placed 33rd, yet i used meta knight basically as much as i used lucario. I just used lucario first round at least against everyone i played.

also, snake's f-tilt > lucario

Nubsta5

Smash Cadet
tbh, I think it's a matter of your playstyle. I've watched it, it's unorthodox, kind of like Xisin and Bardull with marth. You'll always get snarked on it except on high levels of play, but trust me, I think you've done pretty well for lucario. You have a good grasp of the basics, I'll give you that.
SWF is for building your metagame, and I think that while you have taken some relatively unfair and heated criticism, it doesn't hurt to still look and listen to some of it occasionally.
I'm assuming this was directed at Rayku, because I only have 4 videos up that are nearly 8 months old, and every time I watch them I yell, "Quit roll spamming, you ****ing noob!" They are beyond unorthodox; they're just ********, lol.

5ive

Smash Champion
While Genesis was going I was at Too Poor for Genesis. I placed 25th and finished 4th in my pool so I made brackets. Like all the other Lucario mains I got elimated by a Snake in winnners brackets and got elimated my a MK.

Congrats to all the Lucario mains that went to Genesis, you tried your best. Also to all Lucario's out there, what is with us to losing to Snake?
No you didn't. You got sent to losers the first match by Ambrose (since when does he play Snake?). Then you lost in losers to Anth0ny, an MK. Don't lie to your board now :p.

Don't blame you on losing though. You had some bad brackets with the best people in GTAN. Good job getting out of pools though.

Here's the brackets.
http://s425.photobucket.com/albums/...&current=TooPoorForGenesisSinglesBrackets.gif

Top Bottom