• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results thread

Nubsta5

Smash Cadet
So tired of Marths and Snakes -_-... I can get over MKs, they're ok to fight as long as they don't rush, but Snake and Marth are just dumb to fight against. I feel safer with Ike, honestly. At least he has range and killing power, as well as a better-than-Lucario GTFO game (close-combat) against them.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, Timbers was in my pool. One of my favorite smashers that I met here.

I had to beat Timbers in order to make it out. He made 4th seed, I made 3rd. I beat DMG, but lost to a scrub Snake player and Malcom.

I lost to FOW first round, a Ness player. I then beat Bladewise's Marth in loser's, and lost to another scrub Snake player (SamuraiPanda).

It seems that Snake is a personal counter to me...

I don't think Stauffy made it past pools. If he did, then woops. I remember playing a few friendlies with him, and proving that Lucario dittos are, in fact, no indication of skill level.
Panda's no scrub, he's one of the best in MI. Quit Johning.

iRJi

Smash Champion
People who can't handel the snake matchup I lol. it's like people who play thisgame enver heard of a shield button. not only does it stops attacks, but it is the greatest punisher for things that are not safe on block, Like snakes ftilt >_>

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I felt two things could've happened if I went there:
-I'd Choke and do lol in pools
-Play and barely scrape out of it, and do meh in brackets.
judging by the demographic, snakes and marths seemed abundant at that tourney (and of course MKs and some warios), sounded like I'd do okay (not exactly astounding though), but certainly wouldn't really get any mentionable placing.

That's me gauging, I still want to congratulate those who went there at least and tried.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Scariest thing to see in this game is a snake walking towards you with a fresh stock and you at the edge with high percent. samurai panda is a beast not fully experienced with the lucario match up. during my pool set against CO18 i went "dang, get mindgamed." when he went snake instead of dedede i guess he saw me do well against lain's.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^This.
Especially if you see them occasionally doing utilt while trying to get in him, because you know they aren't some scrub "fishing" for it, and it's almost intimidating.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Shield button? Yeah. I was a bit too fond of that. That's why he broke my shield to finish me game 3.

I'm not johning. I'm just saying that I need to learn the matchup because I constantly lose to Snakes. Although most other people see that as a john. I lost, but I was not happy about it.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
If your shield gets broken I suspect that you were being way to defensive. Atleast you weren't a jigglypuff at 0%.

hough123

Smash Ace
If your shield gets broken I suspect that you were being way to defensive. Atleast you weren't a jigglypuff at 0%.
LOL that would of sucked.

"I IZ GOING TO WIN WITH DIS MIND GAME!"
*Marth uses SB*
*Jiggz shileds*
"OH NOEZ I IZ TEH PAILYER T.T"

Of course, Jiggz wouldn't have won anyway but I can dream.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
People who can't handel the snake matchup I lol. it's like people who play thisgame enver heard of a shield button. not only does it stops attacks, but it is the greatest punisher for things that are not safe on block, Like snakes ftilt >_>

You've obviously only played bad Snakes if they don't grab you. You can shield his Ftilt but Snake can shield predict and grab punish into a tech chase. gg son.

Timbers

check me out
what a boring *** thread lol

Genesis was fun. The lucarios I met were cool. Ramada partying is the weirdest most fun thing I've done in a while.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Ramada partying is the weirdest most fun thing I've done in a while.
lol ramada parties were too good. the cops actually showed up at a room I was in (314 w/ fox16, lain, vato break, you and praxis.) It was pretty lulzy when they asked us stuff. So there were more lucarios beside Stauffy and FlamewaveK? I highly doubt I saw any lucarios in action besides those two while I was looking for friendlies.

Rayku

Smash Lord
lol ramada parties were too good. the cops actually showed up at a room I was in (314 w/ fox16, lain, vato break, you and praxis.) It was pretty lulzy when they asked us stuff. So there were more lucarios beside Stauffy and FlamewaveK? I highly doubt I saw any lucarios in action besides those two while I was looking for friendlies.
I was playing mostly Pokemon Trainer and Ike in friendlies, and I only got two series' of friendlies going. Mainly because I don't have the nuts to ask for next game :p

iRJi

Smash Champion
Shield button? Yeah. I was a bit too fond of that. That's why he broke my shield to finish me game 3.

I'm not johning. I'm just saying that I need to learn the matchup because I constantly lose to Snakes. Although most other people see that as a john. I lost, but I was not happy about it.
I am about to go over the matchup, really soon actually, since people find it hard to do the matchup.

You've obviously only played bad Snakes if they don't grab you. You can shield his Ftilt but Snake can shield predict and grab punish into a tech chase. gg son.
No, for the situation he was talking about:

If you KNOW he is going to Ftilt you, shield it. Snake is not going to stop his Ftilt and Grab you, hes open if he does and what would be dumb. If you predict he is going to grab, then grab him first. Snake has a decent grab, but it is also slower then normal grabs. His grab is not that hard to beat out, just don't play retarted.

On the note that I play bad snakes, You might not have a ****ing clue lol. EC all day!

On a serious note, I do play amazing snakes, so what I am talking about is not BS coming out of my mouth. I wouldn't post something I wouldn't know about. Everyone knows about me and people talking random ****, lol.

Timbers

check me out
Yeah cops were at 333 too, one of the only rooms I was in that wasn't partying LOL. Irony.

Cops showing wasn't that big a deal though, nothing really went down besides them playing baby sitter.

I play Luc but I didn't take Genesis seriously at all lol, I just came to hang out and chill with everyone, and then I found out a friend entered me into singles so I was like whateva and played. I had to finish up fast though cause I had plans lol.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
if it makes any consolation me and cloudy made it out of doubles pools :3

*i never pulled lucario out for teams ever though*

Mario Wario too good. they rhyme so its ok right guys :c

Rayku

Smash Lord
I would have made it out of Doubles Pools as well, but my teammate consistently kept killing himself as ROB somehow. He actually agreed to let me rag on/blame him for our lack of making it out of teams.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I am about to go over the matchup, really soon actually, since people find it hard to do the matchup.

No, for the situation he was talking about:

If you KNOW he is going to Ftilt you, shield it. Snake is not going to stop his Ftilt and Grab you, hes open if he does and what would be dumb. If you predict he is going to grab, then grab him first. Snake has a decent grab, but it is also slower then normal grabs. His grab is not that hard to beat out, just don't play retarted.

On the note that I play bad snakes, You might not have a ****ing clue lol. EC all day!

On a serious note, I do play amazing snakes, so what I am talking about is not BS coming out of my mouth. I wouldn't post something I wouldn't know about. Everyone knows about me and people talking random ****, lol.
No, you moron. I'm ****ing embarrassed for you right now if you honestly thought that's what I meant. Shield predicting, do you know what that means? It doesn't mean, "HEY FTILT LOL FAKED NOW GRAB", it means predicting that your opponent is going to shield, and punishing them for it, usually with a grab. And grab him first? You do remember that Lucario has a horrible grab range, and that trying to punish a dash grab with it is pretty much suicide, right? You'd have to spend large amounts of time mastering the frame window, and just for a punish that you'll likely never make great use of? It's easier to just do something like Ftilt if he approaches to dash grab.

And I'm not surprised that you inferred that part of my post wrong as well. It was a situational statement, with the situation being "if the Snakes do not grab you". And everyone knows about you? lolk, try not to get a little too "I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE OF AN OBLIGATORY REASON", that's pretty much my job as it is.

Timbers

check me out
GGs Stauffy. Timbers was here?? dang I wanted to play him :(
i think i ran into you in the halls sometime saturday night, but i was too far "gone" to really create coherrent conversation lol.

i didn't really play anyone though =P i was only at the venue for any amount of time on friday, I didn't go to actually participate haha.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I seriously ***** that scrublimar, and all his friends were johning for him. It's annoying, but in the long run, neither of us really deserved to make it to brackets. M7H should've, and I guess I shouldn't get emo over the fact that the scrublimar got a second chance even though he was really meh. But still, I would've liked to represent Lucario in some way. Rayku was the only one of us to make it to brackets, so it won't look good for his tier position in SBR's eyes (not that he really deserves any higher than bottom of high/top of mid).

But, this is just motivation to **** some serious face come next WC major tourney that isn't BIO 3. I'm picking up Pika as a side main because DDD and DK **** my **** (both of which were in my bracket), and I'm generally going to improve my Lucario, whether it be with the Marth matchup or learning to camp efficiently. None of you care, really, but I feel like saying. I'm going to do well enough next tourney, just you guys wait.

hough123

Smash Ace
I seriously ***** that scrublimar, and all his friends were johning for him. It's annoying, but in the long run, neither of us really deserved to make it to brackets. M7H should've, and I guess I shouldn't get emo over the fact that the scrublimar got a second chance even though he was really meh. But still, I would've liked to represent Lucario in some way. Rayku was the only one of us to make it to brackets, so it won't look good for his tier position in SBR's eyes (not that he really deserves any higher than bottom of high/top of mid).

But, this is just motivation to **** some serious face come next WC major tourney that isn't BIO 3. I'm picking up Pika as a side main because DDD and DK **** my **** (both of which were in my bracket), and I'm generally going to improve my Lucario, whether it be with the Marth matchup or learning to camp efficiently. None of you care, really, but I feel like saying. I'm going to do well enough next tourney, just you guys wait.
Don't worry about it, you're only human. It's not your fault Lucario didn't get high placements, it's a lack of Lucario mains that killed him. In the long run, this actually helps you because of your use of it to drive your game further. Good luck in your training =D

/motivationgrind

hough123

Smash Ace
I made 65th. I'm glad I can refresh you :)

I wish I had made higher, though. I really feel like I should have.
*forcepalm*
I knew I heard someone got it, but I did a quick search and couldn't find it. Sorry for ignoring your acomplishment =(

Rayku

Smash Lord
*forcepalm*
I knew I heard someone got it, but I did a quick search and couldn't find it. Sorry for ignoring your acomplishment =(
It's all good. They misspelled my name as "Rayqu" for some reason.

I don't consider it much of an accomplishment, though. Apparently some other players would have done better, had they gone :/

*coughLeecough*

Top Bottom