• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone suggested this in the icon thread, it's pretty awesome

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That's a great icon for a great character.

Mr. Heartnote!? should be allowed into the fray. Despite the abundance of Mario universe characters. He isn't quite a Mario character as much as a "Super Mario RPG" character, as he's specific to that game only and isn't even a nintendo original character cause the game was developed by square.

Under the supervision of Miyamoto, I believe, but still.

:phone:

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
here's a question would he be 3ed party or a second mario universe Caricature ( like Yoshi/ Wario) or both?

and I also feel like saying this here in the beta melee Broshi was a costume 4 yoshi.

D

Deleted member

and I also feel like saying this here in the beta melee Broshi was a costume 4 yoshi.
No he wasn't.
EDIT: Given that you previously stated that Ridley was in Melee's beta as well, it appears that you're using comments by random people on the Unseen 64 page for Melee as your source.
Rule of thumb is to not believe everything you read on the Internet unless it has proof to back it up.
Furthermore, the one that said Ridley was in Melee's beta, Dr.MarioX, is someone I know, and he is known for spouting off BS like that and claim as fact.

D

Deleted member

Someone suggested this in the icon thread, it's pretty awesome

That would a great icon. Geno is probably the only character within an existing franchise (Mario) that I see getting a new icon if he gets in.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I remember when I suggested Geno having his own icon, everyone jumped on me. >__< Bah!~

But amazing icon, seriously. Perfect.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
I would be for Geno, but would they keep his look exactly the same or tweak it?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it would be awesome if they gave his appearance a reboot to an extent

MR. K

Smash Journeyman

best image i can find but....

not saying he would look like that int he next smash, but on the topic of him being redesigned i can see him getting a redesign about as drastic as that, I don't mean he'll have to look like that, just that i can see him getting a redesign like pit about as big as that one.

EDIT: is there a way to resize images here @_@ didn't realize that would be so huge.....

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If he was included they would probably give him a more detailed appearance (as most characters get -- especially Mario ones), but I don't think he's in need of a true redesign along the lines of Pit. The most I see him getting (other than extra details) is possibly a new design for his cape, and even that seems optional.

Most Mario characters have a "timeless" look about them, which doesn't lend itself to redesign necessity, like some other Nintendo series. Sure there were redesigns and renames early in the series, but I think that now we're at a point where we won't see any more major lasting character redesigns, even with non-reoccurring characters such as Geno.

Not to say it couldn't work, the image above is certainly an interesting design, but I think (other than adding details) it's not overly likely.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
If he was included they would probably give him a more detailed appearance (as most characters get -- especially Mario ones), but I don't think he's in need of a true redesign along the lines of Pit. The most I see him getting (other than extra details) is possibly a new design for his cape, and even that seems optional.

Most Mario characters have a "timeless" look about them, which doesn't lend itself to redesign necessity, like some other Nintendo series. Sure there were redesigns and renames early in the series, but I think that now we're at a point where we won't see any more major lasting character redesigns, even with non-reoccurring characters such as Geno.

Not to say it couldn't work, the image above is certainly an interesting design, but I think (other than adding details) it's not overly likely.
Do you prefer this then?

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, Geno really needs more clothing. Looking at a partially naked doll is kind of, eck.

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
oh I all most 4 got when i wuz running around on Dragon Quest monster joker 2 I saw a Geno Easter egg! so brain-dead square still remembers him. ( those who have the game go on the airship-thing and go 2 the monster gallery go down the latter go 2 the wall W/ posters look in the top left you should at least see his hat and u may have to change the camera a bit and he is the one on the left) I can't show it to u right now I'm on my 3DS :( (wow this is long...)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's interesting. I can't find any confirmation of that though

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Do you prefer this then?
It's not that I would prefer Geno's look to stay the same as much as I just expect it, but yeah, I think it would be something like that. Though considering how detailed Sakurai made stuff like Peach's dress, I wouldn't be surprised if his hat and cape had some sort of intricate design, especially now with HD. And he would probably have some sort of wooden texture as well. But I'm guessing it would be the same overall clothing scheme and everything.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I never actually played SMRPG, but I did have the strategy guide because I'm a weirdo. I can no longer find it, but I remember there being different colored CLOTHING ITEMS for whatever reason. Like Geno had a cape, Mario his overalls, Peach her dress. In particular, I remember there being lava-themed clothing and water-themed. Things like those should be Geno's alternate colors.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Now that you mention it, I remember hearing about that during Pre-Brawl. I believe someone actually was able to post a picture of it.

Searching through Google isn't helping though, and going through the Geno thread would take some time

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I remember saying I had the strategy guide and that I would scan it if I found it.

I didn't find it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I found a copy of the guide online. I'm downloading it now and going to look through it.

If it's not the right guide, I found a couple sites that have downloadable versions of different guides

Edit: It DOES have the lava themed cape. However, It doesn't seem to have any other armor BUT it

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Mario RPG Fire Items. Going to post it in OP as well

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I found an old stylized picture I drew of Geno back from the pre Brawl days

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Been gunning for Geno since I heard of him! Been in my top 5 since I met heard of him, and when I finally got to play Mario RPG, his influence surprised me so much.
He started the whole star mythology of the mario series. Before that game collectign stars was for invincibility. But now were collecting stars somehow in most mario games! He's very influential to the mario series!

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
i wanted him in so badly and had so much hope in the pre-brawl days. still want him in just as badly, but have next to no hope this time around

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Hey guys, look what I found:

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
I've always loved to see Geno in a Super Smash Bros. game. There's no need to go into detail of how awesome he is, we all know already. :D

But the problem still comes up of him being owned by Square-Enix. The inclusion of him would technically make him a 3rd party character. I think the chances of him being in will be low. At least, for the WiiU/3DS Smash Bros.

He is extremely requested and is a fan favourite, but they already commented on 3rd party characters saying the chances will be low, and even if there was, it would most likely be a Tales Of/Capcom character.

I still want Geno though :(

Top Bottom