• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
Don't worry Raheem, we have plenty of time to raise money, spread the word, re-unite the Geno fans, get votes in and stuff. These things take time and patience. We'll get there.

I'll throw in my own date suggestion, why not: how about May 16th or 23rd? Would a Saturday even be a good day to do a stream event?
I also say that May 16th would be the best date. On May 23rd I am going to be going to Connecticut and would not be able to participate.

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
GUY'S THERE'S GOING TO BE NEW MODES FOR DLC :bluejump::psycho: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVCAUkfd2G0
New modes huh? I am not sure if it will ever happen since it would be such a huge undertaking, but personally I would REALLY want a campaign mode or story mode like the Subspace Emissary. Quite honestly, that was one of the few things that made me feel like the new games were not as great as Brawl. Put in a story mode or adventure mode, and Sakurai will have me hook, line, and sinker.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
if any of u guy's are fans of five nights at freddy's like me.................FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S 4 IS CONFIRMED :crazy::chuckle: http://kotaku.com/five-nights-at-freddys-4-the-final-chapter-announced-1700474865
I may not be a fan of Five NAF4, but do anyone knows how to Mods Geno in Five Nights at Freddy games, so that way people will start coming in of liking Geno's reference in Five Nights at Freddy games and then voting #GenoForSmash like millions of milestone people, imagine that! P.S:#GenoForSmash
geno sign.png

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
I may not be a fan of Five NAF4, but do anyone knows how to Mods Geno in Five Nights at Freddy games, so that way people will start coming in of liking Geno's reference in Five Nights at Freddy games and then voting #GenoForSmash like millions of milestone people, imagine that! P.S:#GenoForSmash View attachment 49253
I don't see what a Geno Mod to FNAF would do to help out other than another opportunity to see Geno. Geno has virtually zero connection to the FNAF series and is not considered a scary character in the least. For the record though, I consider myself a big fan of FNAF.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Don't worry Raheem, we have plenty of time to raise money, spread the word, re-unite the Geno fans, get votes in and stuff. These things take time and patience. We'll get there.

I'll throw in my own date suggestion, why not: how about May 16th or 23rd? Would a Saturday even be a good day to do a stream event?
i like that a whole lot more because i want to participate and i cant do it this weekend.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I don't see what a Geno Mod to FNAF would do to help out other than another opportunity to see Geno. Geno has virtually zero connection to the FNAF series and is not considered a scary character in the least. For the record though, I consider myself a big fan of FNAF.
I dunno about you, but a spirit bringing to life a lifeless puppet is pretty freaky in any context that isn't Geno. And Pinocchio.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I dunno about you, but a spirit bringing to life a lifeless puppet is pretty freaky in any context that isn't Geno. And Pinocchio.
Which I always found odd. You'd think it would be a lot scarier than it is but it wasn't. There could've been so many jokes written on that concept in the Mario and Luigi games. Can you imagine someone like Luigi being the only one truly aware of the fact that Geno is actually a possessed doll and not just some guy in a costume like Gaz's mom thought he was? Oh man, the lulz from torturing poor Luigi like that could've been immense.

Alas. :( Fear not though, everyone, eventually we'll see Geno in a game again and the fundraiser will help re-unite the Geno community once again.

On that note, I see everybody's happy with the 16th? Is that right? Last call on the date, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Which I always found odd. You'd think it would be a lot scarier than it is but it wasn't. There could've been so many jokes written on that concept in the Mario and Luigi games. Can you imagine someone like Luigi being the only one truly aware of the fact that Geno is actually a possessed doll and not just some guy in a costume like Gaz's mom thought he was? Oh man, the lulz from torturing poor Luigi like that could've been immense.

Alas. :( Fear not though, everyone, eventually we'll see Geno in a game again and the fundraiser will help re-unite the Geno community once again.

On that note, I see everybody's happy with the 16th? Is that right? Last call on the date, speak now or forever hold your peace.
May 16th is the perfect schedule for everybody needed to be reached and support Geno all together until then! P.S:#GenoForSmash
geno.gif
Shantae.png

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I could always do Smash Bros/Mario Kart viewer matches for our Geno Stream for this charity event. Whichever you find would drive in more viewers. I also have Mario RPG but I am so slow at RPG games. Haven't played it in a while and it would be really anti hype if I screwed the run up.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I could always do Smash Bros/Mario Kart viewer matches for our Geno Stream for this charity event. Whichever you find would drive in more viewers. I also have Mario RPG but I am so slow at RPG games. Haven't played it in a while and it would be really anti hype if I screwed the run up.
Honestly I don't think anybody would have a problem with people playing Smash Bros for the event. No one brought up Mario Kart yet. Mario Kart might not be as pertinent or Geno-related as the other games, but I do know some people have wanted Geno and Mallow as DLC for Mario Kart 8.

Guys, would any of you have a problem with people playing Smash Bros or Mario Kart for the event?

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Honestly I don't think anybody would have a problem with people playing Smash Bros for the event. No one brought up Mario Kart yet. Mario Kart might not be as pertinent or Geno-related as the other games, but I do know some people have wanted Geno and Mallow as DLC for Mario Kart 8.

Guys, would any of you have a problem with people playing Smash Bros or Mario Kart for the event?
I have no problem with Mario Kart 8 and especially my personal favorite Smash Bros for the stream event on Twitch! #GenoForSmash
geno.gif
Shantae.png

Attachments

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I have no problem with Mario Kart 8 and especially my personal favorite Smash Bros for the stream event on Twitch! #GenoForSmash View attachment 49322 View attachment 49324
I agree that if Mario Kart or Smash Bros are played during the event, they should be the most recent versions because they're the ones people are campaigning to get Geno and Mallow to appear in.

On that note, could everybody do me a huge huge favor and post all of the things we mentioned we wanted to do to help promote and set up the event, and a basic guideline of what needs to be done? Do we want to delegate work to teams?

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I agree that if Mario Kart or Smash Bros are played during the event, they should be the most recent versions because they're the ones people are campaigning to get Geno and Mallow to appear in.

On that note, could everybody do me a huge huge favor and post all of the things we mentioned we wanted to do to help promote and set up the event, and a basic guideline of what needs to be done? Do we want to delegate work to teams?
Can you mentioned about #GenoForSmash of Make A Wish Foundation on my links:http://ssb4.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Geno & https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno...isons/1722501687975421?notif_t=page_new_likes & http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Raheem_The_Dream

P.S: #GenoForSmash
geno.gif
Shantae.png

Sinn

Smash Lord
My general thought on adding games to the stream lineup is that the longer we can realistically keep entertaining games streaming, the longer we'll have to potentially raise money for the charity. So I'm all for it.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman

Haha if only this was cannon ! I would imagine Luigi freaking out everytime Geno is nearby :'D

I don't think there's a problem for May 16th, I'll be there to entertain the peps in the chat ;p

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
Although Mario Kart is fun to play, I still think it would be best to keep the game we choose to play as closely related to Geno as possible, which is why I still urge either SMRPG or M&L:SSS. Smash Brothers is also relevant, but lets remember half of the reason we are doing this.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
If Big Bird came to life and you were freaked out, that's sad. Big Bird just wants to be friends.

twinAgony

Smash Rookie
Wow, I'm really impressed how fast you work! I'd be happy to help, but I don't know jack when talking about streamings and how do they work. Also, not to mention my time difference (although, if the stream is 24h long it kind of helps? I dunno... *unhappy frown*) and language. I write well enough -hopefully-, but unfortunately, I'm not so 'good' at speaking. I can always join the chat, tho.
Anyways, in two weeks there is another con here, and I'll most likely go as Geno again since it's bigger than the last I went, this meaning that I'll be able to find more Geno supporters (This one is hosted in the capital!).
PD: I'm sleepy, any grammar mistake or something like that, bluh bluh, is due to this reason... or my obliviousness, yep *yawns*.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I'm really impressed how fast you work! I'd be happy to help, but I don't know jack when talking about streamings and how do they work. Also, not to mention my time difference (although, if the stream is 24h long it kind of helps? I dunno... *unhappy frown*) and language. I write well enough -hopefully-, but unfortunately, I'm not so 'good' at speaking. I can always join the chat, tho.
Anyways, in two weeks there is another con here, and I'll most likely go as Geno again since it's bigger than the last I went, this meaning that I'll be able to find more Geno supporters (This one is hosted in the capital!).
PD: I'm sleepy, any grammar mistake or something like that, bluh bluh, is due to this reason... or my obliviousness, yep *yawns*.
I honest thought english was your first language.... but that sounds great you are still cosplaying Geno

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
You know, when we have a site up and we're advertising the event, I think it'd behoove us to hand out flyers at conventions and spread the word there.

That being said I just got done doing my final homework assignments and I need a break today. Can someone be so kind as to make a volunteer sign-up sheet so people can sign up for certain tasks like making the website (if we're gonna have one), talking to streamers to see if they'll participate, setting up time slots for them, making a crowdfunding page (we still need an older mature Geno fan to help with this :( ), making ads, spreading the word, and all that. We should have a 2-3 day timetable on each task since the event is only 2 1/2 weeks away.

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
Honestly, if there were not an issue with confidentiality on these forums I would love to compare Geno cosplays sometime. ^_^

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Anyone with a better memory than me, what were the playing card suits of each character in Mario RPG? I think Mario flashed spades before moves? Or was that a different game?

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
I honest thought english was your first language.... but that sounds great you are still cosplaying Geno
my geno costume is finished as well and I will use it for cons as well. I even have a project im going to work on while wearing it and you guys will be seeing that later down the line.

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
my geno costume is finished as well and I will use it for cons as well. I even have a project im going to work on while wearing it and you guys will be seeing that later down the line.
We should take pictures of our Geno costumes sometime (we don't have to be wearing them for those who don't want to show their faces). I would really love to see how each person interprets a character we all care so much about. I go for a look that is more faithful to the original design of the cape and cap. The cape ends at about the wrist in the front and at around the bottom in the back. Do you use make up or color changing contacts?

D

Deleted member

I voted for Geno. I did my part.

Now they must allow us to one shot our opponents if we time a move correctly!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
mallow was clubs Mario was spades geno was stars bowser was diamonds and peach was hearts
Thank you. Fun random mario rpg wish:

In original card decks they used swords as the fourth suit before Clubs.

Now re-release Mario RPG. If you stay at Rose Town after getting Geno, Link will be sleeping in the other bed, now when you talk to him not only does it play Zelda music, but Link joins your party (silently, obviously) as a secret character with moves and items unlocked for the remainder of the game.

I'd pay full price for this to happen, re-released on 3DS, and think the re-release was Nintendo rewarding me as I handed them my money.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Thank you. Fun random mario rpg wish:

In original card decks they used swords as the fourth suit before Clubs.

Now re-release Mario RPG. If you stay at Rose Town after getting Geno, Link will be sleeping in the other bed, now when you talk to him not only does it play Zelda music, but Link joins your party (silently, obviously) as a secret character with moves and items unlocked for the remainder of the game.

I'd pay full price for this to happen, re-released on 3DS, and think the re-release was Nintendo rewarding me as I handed them my money.
What about Luigi and Princess Daisy as secret characters in secrets roles in SMRPG re-release on the New 3DS verison!
Luigi-and-Daisy-super-mario-bros-32564044-1680-1050.jpg

Attachments

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
I remember the good old days when people were campaigning to get Super Mario RPG remade on the Gameboy Advanced. Then when the Nintendo DS came out, people were campaigning to get SMRPG remade for that system. Now that the Nintendo 3DS is here, the cycle will start all over again. It has been three generations of portable gaming, and the public is still demanding that this game should be remade! What does that honestly tell you?

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I remember the good old days when people were campaigning to get Super Mario RPG remade on the Gameboy Advanced. Then when the Nintendo DS came out, people were campaigning to get SMRPG remade for that system. Now that the Nintendo 3DS is here, the cycle will start all over again. It has been three generations of portable gaming, and the public is still demanding that this game should be remade! What does that honestly tell you?
To be fair, it was re-released on the Wii Virtual Console, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. We already found out last year that Alphadream agreed to put Geno and Mallow in future games so it's not like we won't see them again. It's just a matter of truly bringing those characters back into the spotlight in bigger roles than cameos at this point, like in Smash.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
To be fair, it was re-released on the Wii Virtual Console, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. We already found out last year that Alphadream agreed to put Geno and Mallow in future games so it's not like we won't see them again. It's just a matter of truly bringing those characters back into the spotlight in bigger roles than cameos at this point, like in Smash.
Agreed, #GenoForSmash, y'all!
-.jpg
l5ueA3i Geno's Icon.png
vjFfUlM Izuna's icon.png

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
We should take pictures of our Geno costumes sometime (we don't have to be wearing them for those who don't want to show their faces). I would really love to see how each person interprets a character we all care so much about. I go for a look that is more faithful to the original design of the cape and cap. The cape ends at about the wrist in the front and at around the bottom in the back. Do you use make up or color changing contacts?
i don't really have the makeup for him. but i think my natural skin does the trick for me a little. also the cape is a little longer for me because i thought it would be pretty cool to have it like that.

Top Bottom