• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

twinAgony

Smash Rookie
I had wanted to use make-up, but last time I couldn't. I had to take the bus early that morning to go (the cons are always far from here *pouts*) and I'm absolutely NOT a morning person. In conclusion, I forgot about the make-up, almost didn't make it pshh. Also, I couldn't afford contacts uvu
The cape was my first try doing cosplay myself (not buying it), and I'm pretty okay with the outcome. Back's knee-long and front, uh, kind of like the original, a bit larger. I'll take some photos later on, an image is better than my descriptions lol
Should I do a translation of the flyers when they're done then? -Although, it doesn't make any sense to translate a flyer when the event itself is gonna be in english. God, I just woke up, it's way too early to think how do you write in english.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Thank you. Fun random mario rpg wish:

In original card decks they used swords as the fourth suit before Clubs.

Now re-release Mario RPG. If you stay at Rose Town after getting Geno, Link will be sleeping in the other bed, now when you talk to him not only does it play Zelda music, but Link joins your party (silently, obviously) as a secret character with moves and items unlocked for the remainder of the game.

I'd pay full price for this to happen, re-released on 3DS, and think the re-release was Nintendo rewarding me as I handed them my money.
There is also Samus, in the Mushroom Kingdom castle.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Ok, I whipped up a sign-up sheet with the four basic tasks we need done, people can sign up here: https://www.volunteersignup.org/TCXCL
EDIT: I just saw that the sign-up sheet requires a phone number. Don't actually put your phone number in that field, just fill it with zeroes.

Keep in mind we need certain people for certain tasks -- we need people with good grammar and spelling, who are good at dealing with others, for task 2 (asking streamers to volunteer), we need people who are skilled at web design for task 1 (making the website), we still need one mature trustworthy person to make and run the crowdfunding page, and it would really help if someone could write a generic pleasant-sounding letter people can use to spread the word (or everybody for task 3 can decide how it'll be done, the only stipulation is that task 3 needs to be done *after* we have a website for them to promote so there's one convenient place to get the info and for streamers to sign up at).

I can help with task 1 if need be, but we need everybody to pull together and hustle on this to make it happen.

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Ok, I whipped up a sign-up sheet with the four basic tasks we need done, people can sign up here: https://www.volunteersignup.org/TCXCL
EDIT: I just saw that the sign-up sheet requires a phone number. Don't actually put your phone number in that field, just fill it with zeroes.

Keep in mind we need certain people for certain tasks -- we need people with good grammar and spelling, who are good at dealing with others, for task 2 (asking streamers to volunteer), we need people who are skilled at web design for task 1 (making the website), we still need one mature trustworthy person to make and run the crowdfunding page, and it would really help if someone could write a generic pleasant-sounding letter people can use to spread the word (or everybody for task 3 can decide how it'll be done, the only stipulation is that task 3 needs to be done *after* we have a website for them to promote so there's one convenient place to get the info and for streamers to sign up at).

I can help with task 1 if need be, but we need everybody to pull together and hustle on this to make it happen.
Hey, @ kiteinthesky kiteinthesky ! I've shared that link about the Sign-Up sheet on my GenoForSmash Community page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1640551509512507/ & https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno...-4-3DSWii-U-verisons/1722501687975421?fref=ts P.S:#GenoForSmash
Icon Geno.png
B8zaPlFIQAABieW Icon Manic.png
B8zaPlYIQAAEtMD Icon Sonia.png

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
You should probably explain a little bit about the charity drive in the post, like a quick "Hey guys, the Geno fans are trying to organize a 24 hour charity streaming drive on May 16th to raise money for the Make-A-Wish foundation, please sign up to help!"

Sinn

Smash Lord

I'm not sure what criteria you need for being mature or trustworthy (really hard to establish trust with people over the internet anyway), but I could maybe run the crowdfunding bit? Like...my biggest concern there is I've never touched any of crowdfunding site more than just donating to existing projects and causes, so it might be better to get someone who's got experience with that sort of thing to do it instead. If such a person exists. I dunno... ._.;

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Ok, so I'm whipping up a site on Wordpress for the event, but there's one thing we haven't actually ironed out yet:

For Smash 4 streamers, how long should they be required to play? Should there be a set time requirement?

I'm not sure what criteria you need for being mature or trustworthy (really hard to establish trust with people over the internet anyway), but I could maybe run the crowdfunding bit? Like...my biggest concern there is I've never touched any of crowdfunding site more than just donating to existing projects and causes, so it might be better to get someone who's got experience with that sort of thing to do it instead. If such a person exists. I dunno... ._.;
Actually I just found out that Make-A-Wish has a system set up where people can make crowdfunding-style fundraising pages on their site. It doesn't require managing an account or touching money or anything so it should be safe. It'd be wise for us to just use that instead of bothering with a separate site and all of the issues with it... if you wanna volunteer, could you please make the crowdfunding page there? Linkage: http://wish.org/ways-to-help/fundraising/online-fundraising
For anyone who decides to volunteer and make the page, be advised that you need to put in May 16 as the date because if you don't donations will be cut off after midnight during the marathon. I know this because I tried to set up a page there and screwed it up by putting in the wrong date. .______.;

Hey guys, me and my bud have a decent stream with about 530+ followers...

We might be able to throw in some Geno support since we've started streaming again. Join in the fun if you want.

http://www.twitch.tv/superretrobrothers
Really? Would you like to join the May 15 event?

Last edited:

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
hey guys i know its way too late for this but we could also raise money for the people who lost their homes in Nepal due to a recent earth quake. it was on the news

Natis

Smash Apprentice
I've been voting for Geno like crazy! I used to play Mario RPG like crazy when I was a kid! I recently started making videos about a month ago, and for this video I just uploaded I told a story of an experience I had with SMRPG. Basically, when I was a kid I used to pretend to be Geno during school. The video itself turned out great, in my opinion. If you want to watch it, and have a good laugh, I'll post it below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKeeTFVnQSA

In the video I urge people to go vote for Geno. I don't know how much a can do, but I am trying to do anything I can to help Geno's chances!

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
So, this isn't exactly related to Geno, but I still find it relevant because a lot of people still want Banjo-Kazooie to still be in the game, and I know that there are some Banjo-Kazooie fans on this thread. The spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie, Yooka-Laylee, has not even had a Kickstarter page for a full 24 hours, and it has already crushed its original goal! It is crazy how fast this game is tearing through its stretch goals. See for yourself!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Speculation time!

I think that Geno has very high chances of being in this time.... I'm not saying that he's 100% in, but this time, the character rights aren't much of an issue (yes they are but not that much), the votes are up to fans, and Geno is still in the top of the charts.
And I think that we will get a decent number of newcomers, at least 5, maybe 10, depends on the appeal of Smash 4 in the future (if it and its DLC will continue selling, they will make more of them).
This said, I think that it's very possible that one of those DLC will be Geno.

Remember that they gave us 40+ character, in something like 3 years of development, and while working on the character, they were also making the whole game, in two versions. Now they're working on the characters only (for what we know), so, I understand that it's hard to make a fighter, but I think that it won't require much more than a couple of months.
When they released Mewtwo, Lucas was already finished too. Maybe they need to balance him a bit, but his moveset was complete and he was already perfectly playable ingame, as shown in the announcement video. I assume that just now they're also working on someone else that will be shown at E3.

Also I can see that at a certain point, maybe double releases could be possible too (like Lucina and Robin), and I think that's very possible that King K Rool and Dixie Kong will be one of those cases.
Another thing is that at this E3 the new Starfox title will be shown too; if Krystal is in the game, she will top the charts of the most requested characters in no time, I assume, and she would also be very likely to be a newcomer to promote the new game.
With Wolf being another most requested character, I can see a double release for them too.

This said, I think that it's very possible that Geno will be a fighter, but it's also possible that we will have to wait a lot, maybe even a year. We must not give up.

There is the possibility that Geno will be shown at E3 to enhance the hype (they're working on it right now while balancing Lucas), or there is the possibility that we will have to wait a very long time (they're working on K Rool and Dixie). Don't forget about the inklings, they have very high chances too, but I think that they will wait to see the reception of Splatoon before starting to make a character based on that game.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Also I can see that at a certain point, maybe double releases could be possible too (like Lucina and Robin), and I think that's very possible that King K Rool and Dixie Kong will be one of those cases.
Another thing is that at this E3 the new Starfox title will be shown too; if Krystal is in the game, she will top the charts of the most requested characters in no time, I assume, and she would also be very likely to be a newcomer to promote the new game.
With Wolf being another most requested character, I can see a double release for them too.

This said, I think that it's very possible that Geno will be a fighter, but it's also possible that we will have to wait a lot, maybe even a year. We must not give up.

There is the possibility that Geno will be shown at E3 to enhance the hype (they're working on it right now while balancing Lucas), or there is the possibility that we will have to wait a very long time (they're working on K Rool and Dixie). Don't forget about the inklings, they have very high chances too, but I think that they will wait to see the reception of Splatoon before starting to make a character based on that game.
I cant see Dixie or Krystal making it into smash but king k rool and wolf I can see but only time will tell :)

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I cant see Dixie or Krystal making it into smash but king k rool and wolf I can see but only time will tell :)
For sure, after 2 veteran DLC, I'm sure that we won't get another veteran for a while (unlike they will do a big multiple release/announcement at E3).
I dunno about those characters, but I kinda feel that they are all possible; King K Rool is at the top of many request charts, I think it's very likely (I am not very much into DK, so I don't know).

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
For sure, after 2 veteran DLC, I'm sure that we won't get another veteran for a while (unlike they will do a big multiple release/announcement at E3).
I dunno about those characters, but I kinda feel that they are all possible; King K Rool is at the top of many request charts, I think it's very likely (I am not very much into DK, so I don't know).
I understand and well I hope Geno makes it

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I feel that if/when Geno ever makes it in, it'll be obvious because news will spread that Square is working with Nintendo on Smash long before the actual announcement is made. Unless they go with Black Mage or some-such.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
I take issue with this. Choosing not to buy a video game because a character someone wants in it isn't naivete or entitlement, it is a smart decision. Why in the world should we spend 60 dollars on a game we know we won't enjoy? Why are we obligated to "get with the program" like you're implying and buy something we don't want? Why are people not allowed to have their own boundaries or standards? Why are we obligated to buy a Smash game simply because they include other characters and not because of our own beliefs, preferences, or desires? Don't we have the right to choose what we do with our own money? Not wanting to buy Brawl because Geno isn't in it doesn't indicate a need to be mature or to accept the reality of a situation we are already well aware of, discuss every day and try to figure out solutions for. That's stupid.

But regardless, welcome.
I don't mean to sound brash, but what's with the grandiose pile of questions? They more or less ask the same thing, are just re-written to sound more intelligent and are rather loquacious. The answer to all of them, is yes, you need to get with the program if you have even the slightest interest in the series. It is not a smart decision to forgo playing an entry in the series altogether, only because Geno is missing. Melee and 64 were both great games without Geno, so I'm sure you had played and enjoyed both of those games, Brawl would have been no different. If the reason you are interested in Smash Bros. is only if Geno is in the game, then you made need to sort out your priorities, or steer clear of the series even if Geno was in the game. Not wanting to buy Brawl because Geno isn't in it actually does indicate a need to be mature; it makes someone sound like an upset child storming out of the room and pouting. The point is, if you have enjoyed any entry in the series, Geno's inclusion should not be an indicator of whether or not you want to make a purchase, all of them are already great games because of their game-play and content, which is why you were interested in the first place

I think that the legal issues aren't going to be a big problem for now. As it is now, Nintendo will be able to buy rights over characters, even if they don't belong to Nintendo. If we can get Square Enix to let Nintendo buy (at least) the cast of Super Mario RPG, then it'll give Geno a better chance.
I wasn't around when I was young (even if video games was a thing) so I don't know how they used to be, but I can see that they are very greedy about character rights (if Geno isn't proof already--).
Legal issues and Square Enix most certainly are the biggest issue and the one that will remain unresolved. There is a reason there has been barely any mention of Super Mario RPG in the series, with the only musical piece being totally removed from the game prior to release. Purchasing copyrights and intellectual properties from another entity isn't as simple as you may think, unfortunately

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Ok, I have some fundraising stuff to talk about, but first, wall-of-text time:

I don't mean to sound brash, but what's with the grandiose pile of questions? They more or less ask the same thing, are just re-written to sound more intelligent and are rather loquacious. The answer to all of them, is yes, you need to get with the program if you have even the slightest interest in the series. It is not a smart decision to forgo playing an entry in the series altogether, only because Geno is missing. Melee and 64 were both great games without Geno, so I'm sure you had played and enjoyed both of those games, Brawl would have been no different. If the reason you are interested in Smash Bros. is only if Geno is in the game, then you made need to sort out your priorities, or steer clear of the series even if Geno was in the game. Not wanting to buy Brawl because Geno isn't in it actually does indicate a need to be mature; it makes someone sound like an upset child storming out of the room and pouting. The point is, if you have enjoyed any entry in the series, Geno's inclusion should not be an indicator of whether or not you want to make a purchase, all of them are already great games because of their game-play and content, which is why you were interested in the first place
What I see here is a lot of baseless assertions with no real reasoning to back them up. Let's break this down bit-by-bit:

Melee and 64 were both great games without Geno, so I'm sure you had played and enjoyed both of those games, Brawl would have been no different.
First I, having played all three of those games, don't feel that way. Brawl was worse than 64 and Melee, in my opinion, in several ways:
  • The characters were unbalanced: two examples off the top of my head are that Jigglypuff was nerfed and Metaknight was needlessly OP. One can argue that Melee was unbalanced too but the way Melee was unbalanced actually added fun and a dimension to the game that Brawl simply did not have (Jigglypuff's entire strategy, wavedashing, etc.); the way Brawl was unbalanced made the game, in my opinion, simply not fun. The characters in general were too slow, the few that were OP dominated the others so much that it made the game hard to enjoy -- I shouldn't have to only play as Sheik or Metaknight to win; at least in Melee it's possible to win with many others, not so in Brawl. There's a reason Metaknight was banned in tournaments.
  • The color scheme used was bland, muddy and ugly, this is a game where Nintendo characters beat the crap out of each other, bland browns and greys do not make for a good Smash game. I cite this color scheme comparison thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-vs-brawl-graphics-comparisons.350957/ and ask you to look at how bland, grey and ugly the Brawl characters look compared to their brighter, more colorful counterparts in Smash 4. There's a clear, marked improvement between the two. The same holds true for Melee -- Melee was a lot more colorful than Brawl was and in my opinion that is one of the aspects that makes Melee better than Brawl.
  • The roster itself left much to be desired regardless of the Geno issue -- for example Megaman wasn't in it even though during the Brawl days Capcom said they wanted to work with Nintendo yet Nintendo didn't bother to communicate with them; it took them 'til Smash 4 to get Megaman in the game when he honestly should've been in Brawl. Smash 4 corrects a lot of these issues, but they were still there in Brawl.

So no, just because one played 64 and Melee does not mean they would automatically feel the exact same about Brawl. That is a subjective claim that is being presented as if it were an objective truth, a pattern that is obvious throughout the argument.

But I especially take issue with these two statements:

The answer to all of them, is yes, you need to get with the program if you have even the slightest interest in the series.

If the reason you are interested in Smash Bros. is only if Geno is in the game, then you made need to sort out your priorities, or steer clear of the series even if Geno was in the game. Not wanting to buy Brawl because Geno isn't in it actually does indicate a need to be mature; it makes someone sound like an upset child storming out of the room and pouting.
It's just as arguable that someone who feels that people need to "sort out their priorities" because they don't want to buy a game one feels they're obligated to buy and claiming that it "makes someone sound like an upset child storming out of the room and pouting" is very immature:
  • One, no, no one has to go along with any program. At all. People can buy whatever product they want for whatever reason they want and you have no right to tell them that they have to buy every game in a series, regardless of whether they actually want it or not, if they quote-unquote "have the slightest interest in the series". That's just absurd on its face.
  • That reason alone exposes an arrogance that is the height of immaturity. Even making the argument that someone is immature because they don't want to buy a game for some particular reason (it could be any reason) is very immature. Part of maturity is being tolerant of other people's opinions, priorities and desires and accepting that they're all subjective and equally valid and that people have the right to feel however they want without judging them; treating what is clearly just your opinion as if it were subjective truth and then putting down people who feel differently than you about the subject is a very immature thing to do.
  • The argument betrays a fundamental lack of respect for other people's feelings and desires. People who don't want to buy a game because a certain character is in it (this doesn't just apply to Geno, there are people who won't buy it because Ridley isn't in it or any number of different characters) are not going to be happy with the game regardless of how much they're browbeaten or bullied into buying the game anyway. All it will accomplish is make them spend $60 that they otherwise could've put toward something that actually would make them happy simply to appease the OP, and that is not something any mature person would demand of anyone else.
This point is especially made clear in the end of the argument:

The point is, if you have enjoyed any entry in the series, Geno's inclusion should not be an indicator of whether or not you want to make a purchase, all of them are already great games because of their game-play and content, which is why you were interested in the first place
  • The last part implies that the OP knows the reason why I or anyone else got interested in Smash in the first place. That's an inherently arrogant argument to make. People could've taken interest in Smash for any number of different reasons -- for example I became interested when I learned Ness was in it, not because of gameplay.
  • Just because one argues that they are already great games doesn't mean that they are, number one, and number two, even if we accept that they objectively are that doesn't mean that people can't have any other concerns, desires, or expectations they can use to decide what it is they want to purchase. People should be able to use whatever expectation or preference they feel is important to judge whether they want to buy a game or not. Clearly for those people the gameplay and the rest of the content doesn't outweigh their concerns and it shouldn't. To argue that it should is to argue that they have to set aside their own individual desires and priorities for what you think they should desire or want, and it should be obvious to everyone how self-centered and immature that line of thought is.

Ok, that being said, fundraiser stuff:

I whipped up a Wordpress blog... site... thing for the #Geno4Smash fundraiser and it's almost done (I just have to make a couple more pages and come up with some kind of design) but I don't know if I can get it done by tomorrow because I have to study for finals. Did anyone sign up on the volunteer sheet to help? If so I could really use their help right now. :(

Also we need to start looking for some streamers! What streamers do you think would be willing to participate or help? Do any of you guys run streams? I see RetroJake offered to help (which I express extreme gratitude for!), who else do you guys think we should ask?

I also had an idea: why don't we call upon the fan artists from Deviantart and Tumblr and ask if they would be willing to help by creating prizes for donators to get? Like drawings or pins or whatever? I'm sure people would like to buy #Geno4Smash pins especially if it's for a good cause.

Did anyone make a fundraiser page on Make-A-Wish's fundraising section yet? We need that done in the next couple of days because I need to put the link to it on the site before it goes live. I understand if we all need more time to do stuff though.

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Ok, I have some fundraising stuff to talk about, but first, wall-of-text time:

What I see here is a lot of baseless assertions with no real reasoning to back them up. Let's break this down bit-by-bit:

First I, having played all three of those games, don't feel that way. Brawl was worse than 64 and Melee, in my opinion, in several ways:
  • The characters were unbalanced: two examples off the top of my head are that Jigglypuff was nerfed and Metaknight was needlessly OP. One can argue that Melee was unbalanced too but the way Melee was unbalanced actually added fun and a dimension to the game that Brawl simply did not have (Jigglypuff's entire strategy, wavedashing, etc.); the way Brawl was unbalanced made the game, in my opinion, simply not fun. The characters in general were too slow, the few that were OP dominated the others so much that it made the game hard to enjoy -- I shouldn't have to only play as Sheik or Metaknight to win; at least in Melee it's possible to win with many others, not so in Brawl. There's a reason Metaknight was banned in tournaments.
  • The color scheme used was bland, muddy and ugly, this is a game where Nintendo characters beat the crap out of each other, bland browns and greys do not make for a good Smash game. I cite this color scheme comparison thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-vs-brawl-graphics-comparisons.350957/ and ask you to look at how bland, grey and ugly the Brawl characters look compared to their brighter, more colorful counterparts in Smash 4. There's a clear, marked improvement between the two. The same holds true for Melee -- Melee was a lot more colorful than Brawl was and in my opinion that is one of the aspects that makes Melee better than Brawl.
  • The roster itself left much to be desired regardless of the Geno issue -- for example Megaman wasn't in it even though during the Brawl days Capcom said they wanted to work with Nintendo yet Nintendo didn't bother to communicate with them; it took them 'til Smash 4 to get Megaman in the game when he honestly should've been in Brawl. Smash 4 corrects a lot of these issues, but they were still there in Brawl.

So no, just because one played 64 and Melee does not mean they would automatically feel the exact same about Brawl. That is a subjective claim that is being presented as if it were an objective truth, a pattern that is obvious throughout the argument.

But I especially take issue with these two statements:

It's just as arguable that someone who feels that people need to "sort out their priorities" because they don't want to buy a game one feels they're obligated to buy and claiming that it "makes someone sound like an upset child storming out of the room and pouting" is very immature:
  • One, no, no one has to go along with any program. At all. People can buy whatever product they want for whatever reason they want and you have no right to tell them that they have to buy every game in a series, regardless of whether they actually want it or not, if they quote-unquote "have the slightest interest in the series". That's just absurd on its face.
  • That reason alone exposes an arrogance that is the height of immaturity. Even making the argument that someone is immature because they don't want to buy a game for some particular reason (it could be any reason) is very immature. Part of maturity is being tolerant of other people's opinions, priorities and desires and accepting that they're all subjective and equally valid and that people have the right to feel however they want without judging them; treating what is clearly just your opinion as if it were subjective truth and then putting down people who feel differently than you about the subject is a very immature thing to do.
  • The argument betrays a fundamental lack of respect for other people's feelings and desires. People who don't want to buy a game because a certain character is in it (this doesn't just apply to Geno, there are people who won't buy it because Ridley isn't in it or any number of different characters) are not going to be happy with the game regardless of how much they're browbeaten or bullied into buying the game anyway. All it will accomplish is make them spend $60 that they otherwise could've put toward something that actually would make them happy simply to appease the OP, and that is not something any mature person would demand of anyone else.
This point is especially made clear in the end of the argument:

• The last part implies that the OP knows the reason why I or anyone else got interested in Smash in the first place. That's an inherently arrogant argument to make. People could've taken interest in Smash for any number of different reasons -- for example I became interested when I learned Ness was in it, not because of gameplay.
  • Just because one argues that they are already great games doesn't mean that they are, number one, and number two, even if we accept that they objectively are that doesn't mean that people can't have any other concerns, desires, or expectations they can use to decide what it is they want to purchase. People should be able to use whatever expectation or preference they feel is important to judge whether they want to buy a game or not. Clearly for those people the gameplay and the rest of the content doesn't outweigh their concerns and it shouldn't. To argue that it should is to argue that they have to set aside their own individual desires and priorities for what you think they should desire or want, and it should be obvious to everyone how self-centered and immature that line of thought is.

Ok, that being said, fundraiser stuff:

I whipped up a Wordpress blog... site... thing for the #Geno4Smash fundraiser and it's almost done (I just have to make a couple more pages and come up with some kind of design) but I don't know if I can get it done by tomorrow because I have to study for finals. Did anyone sign up on the volunteer sheet to help? If so I could really use their help right now. :(

Also we need to start looking for some streamers! What streamers do you think would be willing to participate or help? Do any of you guys run streams? I see RetroJake offered to help (which I express extreme gratitude for!), who else do you guys think we should ask?

I also had an idea: why don't we call upon the fan artists from Deviantart and Tumblr and ask if they would be willing to help by creating prizes for donators to get? Like drawings or pins or whatever? I'm sure people would like to buy #Geno4Smash pins especially if it's for a good cause.

Did anyone make a fundraiser page on Make-A-Wish's fundraising section yet? We need that done in the next couple of days because I need to put the link to it on the site before it goes live. I understand if we all need more time to do stuff though.
#GenoForSmash @ kiteinthesky kiteinthesky ! Did you check out the event page on my Geno group Facebook and guys, look what I found on YouTube:
l5ueA3i Geno's Icon.png
B6p0etP Manic's Icon.png
YtntrLJ Sonia's Icon.png

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
sooo umm the fundraiser is tomorrow? for geno can I get more detail on it
No, it's on the 16th. The timetable is that we're supposed to have the site up by tomorrow so we can spread the word, I just don't know if I alone can make that happen. :( I'll do what I can to finish and launch it tomorrow though.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could help with the fundraiser page but I don't know how to do it...It's the first time that I participate in a Charity stream .v."

Anyway, on the topic of "Traces of Geno in popular places" : I remember that person who does sprite animation who have hinted that Geno AND Mellow would play a role in the series. Though they won't come until a while, they are here. Cannot wait for that part.
For info, the animation I'm talking about is King Asylus's "Super Mario Bros - Heroes of the Stars The Series".

By the way, maybe we could update the front page of thie thread ? We could put the Geno Alternate colors and moveset that he did and update the supporters :o

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
No, it's on the 16th. The timetable is that we're supposed to have the site up by tomorrow so we can spread the word, I just don't know if I alone can make that happen. :( I'll do what I can to finish and launch it tomorrow though.
thank you soo much I was soo confused T^T
I wish I could help with the fundraiser page but I don't know how to do it...It's the first time that I participate in a Charity stream .v."

Anyway, on the topic of "Traces of Geno in popular places" : I remember that person who does sprite animation who have hinted that Geno AND Mellow would play a role in the series. Though they won't come until a while, they are here. Cannot wait for that part.
For info, the animation I'm talking about is King Asylus's "Super Mario Bros - Heroes of the Stars The Series".

By the way, maybe we could update the front page of thie thread ? We could put the Geno Alternate colors and moveset that he did and update the supporters :o
its fine Nebulawords X3 I believe its most of our first time too

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
thank you soo much I was soo confused T^T
its fine Nebulawords X3 I believe its most of our first time too
Yeah xD Well, gotta do it the first time so we know for next time :D

I could help with that. I know a Geno fan who could be interrested~ And I would help with the prizes ! It'll help me gain some experiences in doing commisions too !
Sadly, I don't think I could come across a lot of active Geno fans...Especially in dA. Even the big names (like Loopey-Lupe who did the Seven Stars comic [which are hilarious] or Genolover) have moved on or been busy with irl sadly :c

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

I could help with that. I know a Geno fan who could be interrested~ And I would help with the prizes ! It'll help me gain some experiences in doing commisions too !
Sadly, I don't think I could come across a lot of active Geno fans...Especially in dA. Even the big names (like Loopey-Lupe who did the Seven Stars comic [which are hilarious] or Genolover) have moved on or been busy with irl sadly :c
don't worry Geno will get a big fan base again and Im glad this can help you gain experiences :D I wish I was good at Art X3

Geno Boost

Smash Master

I miss a lot of geno fans on deivenart I remember in the past how much Geno fans were there at the time now I rarely see someone who draws geno I don't know what happend to them but I wish if they come back again

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I miss a lot of geno fans on deivenart I remember in the past how much Geno fans were there at the time now I rarely see someone who draws geno I don't know what happend to them but I wish if they come back again
Well, as time goes on people's interest change and they move on, as others have been saying. When old ones go, new ones will come in, it's just part of the circle of life and stuff.

And yeah, I think the charity drive will help revive the Geno fanbase by giving them a worthy cause to work for. The truth is that there are Geno fans everywhere; if there's a game club in your area you can bet that at least a few members will be Geno fans or know about him and Super Mario RPG. The problem is that they're all scattered, but we can bring everyone together again if we work at it.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Well, as time goes on people's interest change and they move on, as others have been saying. When old ones go, new ones will come in, it's just part of the circle of life and stuff.

And yeah, I think the charity drive will help revive the Geno fanbase by giving them a worthy cause to work for. The truth is that there are Geno fans everywhere; if there's a game club in your area you can bet that at least a few members will be Geno fans or know about him and Super Mario RPG. The problem is that they're all scattered, but we can bring everyone together again if we work at it.
Is the event is ready today to start or wait on May 16th? P.S:#Geno4Smash
l5ueA3i Geno's Icon.png
U9SgEdQ Shino's Icon.png
FeEl8oH Shizune's Icon.png

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
I miss them too. For now, I know only one who draws Geno daily. :c

Yeah, it's how life goes I guess... And yeah, although they are not as loud as before, I've seen a lot of them in Youtube comments or in the rare Geno arts who wish for his return. I'm sure if we spread the news, they would come to help us out~

Is the event is ready today to start or wait on May 16th? P.S:#Geno4SmashView attachment 50030 View attachment 50031 View attachment 50032
No, the event is set for May 16th, we're not even ready yet ! We still need to look for people to help stream the event and put up the page, organize the prices and spread the words. (I'm even starting to think that maybe we should look for a "Plan-B" date for if we don't get everything for day-D.)

Top Bottom