• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
i don't think i can attend the live stream i could maybe comment on the stream and maybe we can ask Christopher Niosi (kirbopher)
if he can attend the live stream or TerminalMontage [Jeremey
I vote for @TerminalMontage, cuz his video influence me to keep moving forward by keep on voting for #GenoForSmash and he's The perfection opportunity chance of definition 1# Fan of
l5ueA3i Geno's Icon.png
#GenoForSmash!
l5ueA3i Geno's Icon.png
Besides, Christopher Niosi is actually doing something else right now?
1378841_856890221027734_173165618481496122_n WTF.jpg

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
i don't think i can attend the live stream i could maybe comment on the stream and maybe we can ask Christopher Niosi (kirbopher)
if he can attend the live stream or TerminalMontage [Jeremey
Well, the way streams work is that one or two or a few people host it and other people show up in the chat and hang out there, and I would imagine those folks probably would. It's just a matter of finding people who run streams to host a stream for the event on that day.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I have a friend who's offered to make something art related for the stream (whether it ends up being a banner or a print prize or something of the sort). This is the general style it would be done in. What specifically did you have in mind?

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
i can draw guys but the only problem is that i can only draw traditionally and edit that drawing using photo apps. if that cool with u guys i will be happy to draw

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Well for the art prices, we could do something like :

Low donation :
Traditional art
1) Sketch or Black and White drawing
2) Colored art
I
v
Bigger donation : Digital drawing
1) Plain (no shadows/no effects)
2) Cell-shaded or not that detailed
2) Shaded smooth or detailed (Top donation)

Well, it's more suggestions of what we could do in the art part. x)

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Well for the art prices, we could do something like :

Low donation :
Traditional art
1) Sketch or Black and White drawing
2) Colored art
I
v
Bigger donation : Digital drawing
1) Plain (no shadows/no effects)
2) Cell-shaded or not that detailed
2) Shaded smooth or detailed (Top donation)

Well, it's more suggestions of what we could do in the art part. x)
What I'd really like the most is to get someone who makes dolls and see if they wouldn't make a Geno doll for the biggest donator. Or some-such.

I'd *really* like if we could find some way to print some #Geno4Smash or #GenoForSmash swag for donators, I think that'd probably be more appropriate for the low donations and then have artwork for the higher ones. I have no idea how we'd go about getting shirts or mugs printed though. Make-A-Wish's fundraising site doesn't make stuff for people's campaigns, only Fundly does that. :( Maybe there's a separate shirt printing site out there somewhere.

I guess I'm putting the cart before the horse when I talk about such stuff though. Unfortunately I didn't even make the deadline to make the site because I have a final exam today. :( I'm sorry. I'll be able to have it done by Wednesday or Thursday.

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
What I'd really like the most is to get someone who makes dolls and see if they wouldn't make a Geno doll for the biggest donator. Or some-such.

I'd *really* like if we could find some way to print some #Geno4Smash or #GenoForSmash swag for donators, I think that'd probably be more appropriate for the low donations and then have artwork for the higher ones. I have no idea how we'd go about getting shirts or mugs printed though. Make-A-Wish's fundraising site doesn't make stuff for people's campaigns, only Fundly does that. :( Maybe there's a separate shirt printing site out there somewhere.

I guess I'm putting the cart before the horse when I talk about such stuff though. Unfortunately I didn't even make the deadline to make the site because I have a final exam today. :( I'm sorry.
http://www.fiendle.com/plushies/twewy_mrmew_large.php I think this will help Geno's doll to be made for a extra price!

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman

I guess I'm putting the cart before the horse when I talk about such stuff though. Unfortunately I didn't even make the deadline to make the site because I have a final exam today. :( I'm sorry. I'll be able to have it done by Wednesday or Thursday.
Don't be sorry Kite ! Irl stuff happens~ (sadly)
And I love the ideas ! Maybe before we can settle the site, we can make a list of what we proposed for the prices and we choose for which ones are the bottom and the ones on top (well I think the Geno doll is the top one. Maybe we can include Mallow as an extra ?)

Also, before I have to go : Do you want me to work on a banner for the stream like I proposed before ?

EDIT :
http://www.fiendle.com/plushies/twewy_mrmew_large.php I think this will help Geno's doll to be made for a extra price!

Raheem, I couldn't help but notice, I looked over the site (which looks neat !) and on the front page, the most recent update was April 20th 2014...
Maybe we should contact them to see if they are still up to commission them for our Geno doll/plush...

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hey guys i asked Artsy omni if he can do a smashified geno picture.If u dont now who he is check out is channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI9d6eQjf__r5gyH4GHRssg and check out his smashified website http://www.smashifiedart.com/ its suppose to resemble the smash bros webstie :chuckle:
Luckily, Geno's a favorite of Omni's!

(made during the SSBB days)

However - as noted in the recently released K. Rool Smashified, the BEST way to get his attention is to go on Twitter and Tweet either @smashified or #smashified and request Geno that way.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Hey guys i asked Artsy omni if he can do a smashified geno picture.If u dont now who he is check out is channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI9d6eQjf__r5gyH4GHRssg and check out his smashified website http://www.smashifiedart.com/ its suppose to resemble the smash bros webstie :chuckle:
Artsy omni should stick with Geno original design he shouldn't give him something has nothing to do with geno design but I did show him how geno hand looked like and the Geno keychain that was released so he should be making the original geno design I asked him for the original like he did to banjo-kazooie

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I have some fundraising stuff to talk about, but first, wall-of-text time:

What I see here is a lot of baseless assertions with no real reasoning to back them up. Let's break this down bit-by-bit:

First I, having played all three of those games, don't feel that way. Brawl was worse than 64 and Melee, in my opinion, in several ways:
  • The characters were unbalanced: two examples off the top of my head are that Jigglypuff was nerfed and Metaknight was needlessly OP. One can argue that Melee was unbalanced too but the way Melee was unbalanced actually added fun and a dimension to the game that Brawl simply did not have (Jigglypuff's entire strategy, wavedashing, etc.); the way Brawl was unbalanced made the game, in my opinion, simply not fun. The characters in general were too slow, the few that were OP dominated the others so much that it made the game hard to enjoy -- I shouldn't have to only play as Sheik or Metaknight to win; at least in Melee it's possible to win with many others, not so in Brawl. There's a reason Metaknight was banned in tournaments.
  • The color scheme used was bland, muddy and ugly, this is a game where Nintendo characters beat the crap out of each other, bland browns and greys do not make for a good Smash game. I cite this color scheme comparison thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-vs-brawl-graphics-comparisons.350957/ and ask you to look at how bland, grey and ugly the Brawl characters look compared to their brighter, more colorful counterparts in Smash 4. There's a clear, marked improvement between the two. The same holds true for Melee -- Melee was a lot more colorful than Brawl was and in my opinion that is one of the aspects that makes Melee better than Brawl.
  • The roster itself left much to be desired regardless of the Geno issue -- for example Megaman wasn't in it even though during the Brawl days Capcom said they wanted to work with Nintendo yet Nintendo didn't bother to communicate with them; it took them 'til Smash 4 to get Megaman in the game when he honestly should've been in Brawl. Smash 4 corrects a lot of these issues, but they were still there in Brawl.

So no, just because one played 64 and Melee does not mean they would automatically feel the exact same about Brawl. That is a subjective claim that is being presented as if it were an objective truth, a pattern that is obvious throughout the argument.

But I especially take issue with these two statements:

It's just as arguable that someone who feels that people need to "sort out their priorities" because they don't want to buy a game one feels they're obligated to buy and claiming that it "makes someone sound like an upset child storming out of the room and pouting" is very immature:
  • One, no, no one has to go along with any program. At all. People can buy whatever product they want for whatever reason they want and you have no right to tell them that they have to buy every game in a series, regardless of whether they actually want it or not, if they quote-unquote "have the slightest interest in the series". That's just absurd on its face.
  • That reason alone exposes an arrogance that is the height of immaturity. Even making the argument that someone is immature because they don't want to buy a game for some particular reason (it could be any reason) is very immature. Part of maturity is being tolerant of other people's opinions, priorities and desires and accepting that they're all subjective and equally valid and that people have the right to feel however they want without judging them; treating what is clearly just your opinion as if it were subjective truth and then putting down people who feel differently than you about the subject is a very immature thing to do.
  • The argument betrays a fundamental lack of respect for other people's feelings and desires. People who don't want to buy a game because a certain character is in it (this doesn't just apply to Geno, there are people who won't buy it because Ridley isn't in it or any number of different characters) are not going to be happy with the game regardless of how much they're browbeaten or bullied into buying the game anyway. All it will accomplish is make them spend $60 that they otherwise could've put toward something that actually would make them happy simply to appease the OP, and that is not something any mature person would demand of anyone else.
This point is especially made clear in the end of the argument:

• The last part implies that the OP knows the reason why I or anyone else got interested in Smash in the first place. That's an inherently arrogant argument to make. People could've taken interest in Smash for any number of different reasons -- for example I became interested when I learned Ness was in it, not because of gameplay.
  • Just because one argues that they are already great games doesn't mean that they are, number one, and number two, even if we accept that they objectively are that doesn't mean that people can't have any other concerns, desires, or expectations they can use to decide what it is they want to purchase. People should be able to use whatever expectation or preference they feel is important to judge whether they want to buy a game or not. Clearly for those people the gameplay and the rest of the content doesn't outweigh their concerns and it shouldn't. To argue that it should is to argue that they have to set aside their own individual desires and priorities for what you think they should desire or want, and it should be obvious to everyone how self-centered and immature that line of thought is
Are you serious? You aren't fooling anyone but yourself by trying to change the narrative of my point. Like I said, creating long winded, loquacious posts only to make yourself look more intelligent and knowledgeable is unnecessary. I'm not going to get into the argument of which game is better or what constitutes justification for someone's buying habits, neither of those were even in my original focus, but since you so nicely sliced up my post to for your agenda, you changed the focus to suit your response. The crux of my original point was that someone who does not purchase Brawl for the sole reason that Geno is not included, is indeed entitled, naive and childish. I'm not forcing anyone to buy something they do not want, you are putting words in my mouth. This is how I feel about the notion of not buying the game for such a silly reason, even though it's highly likely they will enjoy the game anyway. Finally, please try not to act as if you are more mature than I, I can guarantee you I'm way past your age and experience. It's not appreciated

Someone said I should clarify: Geno was not in any Smash game previously, so no one loses anything from his exclusion, therefore if you had interest in the series before, then him not joining means nothing. If you are getting defensive to the extent you are getting, it's super revealing

Last edited:

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Are you serious? You aren't fooling anyone but yourself by trying to change the narrative of my point. Like I said, creating long winded, loquacious posts only to make yourself look more intelligent and knowledgeable is unnecessary. I'm not going to get into the argument of which game is better or what constitutes justification for someone's buying habits, neither of those were even in my original focus, but since you so nicely sliced up my post to for your agenda, you changed the focus to suit your response. The crux of my original point was that someone who does not purchase Brawl for the sole reason that Geno is not included, is indeed entitled, naive and childish. I'm not forcing anyone to buy something they do not want, you are putting words in my mouth. This is how I feel about the notion of not buying the game for such a silly reason, even though it's highly likely they will enjoy the game anyway. Finally, please try not to act as if you are more mature than I, I can guarantee you I'm way past your age and experience. It's not appreciated

Someone said I should clarify: Geno was not in any Smash game previously, so no one loses anything from his exclusion, therefore if you had interest in the series before, then him not joining means nothing. If you are getting defensive to the extent you are getting, it's super revealing
come on man at the end of the day the guy who said "he wont buy smash unless geno gets in" will still stick to his own opinion and i don't think we can change that. we are here for one reason and it is to help geno show up in smash as a dlc character nothing more. bickering over this won't do anything to help our cause in any way shape or form. come on guys lets just drop it already.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
come on man at the end of the day the guy who said "he wont buy smash unless geno gets in" will still stick to his own opinion and i don't think we can change that. we are here for one reason and it is to help geno show up in smash as a dlc character nothing more. bickering over this won't do anything to help our cause in any way shape or form. come on guys lets just drop it already.
True, it's clearly a matter of opinion... My point was that Smash fans in general are getting very entitled. Seriously, how do people still end up disappointed and upset with a roster like Brawl, nearly 40 characters, and a roster like Smash 4, 51 characters from the get go? Seriously, other fighting game series are lucky with 20 to begin with. I just think it is selfish to skip an entire game for one character who was never a fighter to begin with. Does no one see the childishness in saying "I'm not buying this game because X character is not in it", or am I just too much of an adult to feel that way? That's the very definition of entitlement. The dude even went so far as to point our MegaMan not being in Brawl as a "faulty issue" with the game. Seriously, I didn't respond to that part because it was to delicious, but jeez, Nintendo isn't obligated to include any character

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
If we plan to contact them to see if they can make a Geno plush, it should not just be for the person who donates the most. We should have multiple plushies commissioned.
Fair enough. I don't think we could get prizes for every donator though so maybe there should be a minimum donation amount to get a certain prize. Like $20 for a picture and $50 for a doll, or something.

twinAgony

Smash Rookie
Alright, the con is gonna happen soon (this weekend), so I'll spread the word and do what I can there. Think you'll have the website done for friday, @kiteintesky? Not to rush or anything, I know rlf stuff is important too! But if not, should I give them this thread's link? I already said this is my first time doing this kind of thing, so I'm completely lost without some type of instruction, I'm sorry *facepalm*

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Alright, the con is gonna happen soon (this weekend), so I'll spread the word and do what I can there. Think you'll have the website done for friday, @kiteintesky? Not to rush or anything, I know rlf stuff is important too! But if not, should I give them this thread's link? I already said this is my first time doing this kind of thing, so I'm completely lost without some type of instruction, I'm sorry *facepalm*
Yeah, I should've had it done by Sunday but my finals had to take priority. It'll be done in the next few days.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Guys! Perfect news that Geno is finally now actually a 2nd party character and especially his chances are very sky high to be confirmed as a New DLC playable fighter in SMASH, so keep voting for Geno, y'all!
#GenoForSmash
l5ueA3i Geno's Icon.png

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Guys! Perfect news that Geno is finally now actually a 2nd party character and especially his chances are very sky high to be confirmed as a New DLC playable fighter in SMASH, so keep voting for Geno, y'all!
#GenoForSmash View attachment 50471
That's just a list that the guy who made the video came up with on his own, it's not anything official from Nintendo.

Steelia

Smash Champion
........... um well,

So I called square enix's support center and they told me that the characters in super mario rpg are indeed owned by square but also nintendo has rights to them as well. but to get geno into the game both companies must agree as usually. he also told me the process would be alot more complicated but I think if nintendo tried hard enough they could get him in. i think we need to push geno as much as we can right now because if we can raise awareness in nintendo then we could get geno back.
http://smashboards.com/threads/geno...r-part-vote-geno.324253/page-70#post-19012741

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
These are my top 5 character's i want for dlc
1.Geno
2.Shantae
3.Knuckles
4.Tails
5.King k. rool
who did u guy's vote for:b:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
These are my top 5 character's i want for dlc
1.Geno
2.Shantae
3.Knuckles
4.Tails
5.King k. rool
who did u guy's vote for:b:
1.Geno & Shantae
2.Izuna dgBbgmD Izuna's Big icon.png
3. Manic
B6p0etP Manic's Icon.png
&
YtntrLJ Sonia's Icon.png
Sonia The Hedgehogs
4.Neku Sakuraba & Sora-KH
5.Veran

I'm not sure if spamming Geno votes will be ultimately productive. The site does ask people to only vote once per person, though at the same time it doesn't appear to have any way of enforcing it. It'd probably be easy for someone to write a script that automatically enters over and over, but I suspect that's exactly the sort of thing Nintendo DOESN'T want. For all we know they could be using an IP filter or something to only count one entry from each unique address. Who knows, maybe if they think it's spamming they'll deduct votes from the total.

As much as I'd love to vote for Geno all day e'ryday, I think that getting the word out for others to vote for him will have a greater impact. Then again, I could be wrong.
Remember, about spamming the votes multiple times! Well, I've believes for The very best way to say is Y-E-S and hopefully it's works for better and/or worst to come?! P.S: Good-Luck, voting for each of your characters to make it in Super Smash Bros. 4 DLC in time, somehow?!

Steelia

Smash Champion
Remember, about spamming the votes multiple times! Well, I've believes for The very best way to say is Y-E-S and hopefully it's works for better and/or worst to come?! P.S: Good-Luck, voting for each of your characters to make it in Super Smash Bros. 4 DLC in time, somehow?!
It's best to work on the quality of our votes versus quantity. Yeah, having a lot of votes in would be great for him, but back during SSBB when the Japanese could submit suggestions to Sakurai, he never replied to the "Geno 4 Smash!" comments. He would always respond to the more heartfelt ones (I think there was a random one in there about someone getting married, which he got a kick out of).

Just be honest when responding for Geno's return. Think of it like this: "Geno should come back!"... Why?

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
It's best to work on the quality of our votes versus quantity. Yeah, having a lot of votes in would be great for him, but back during SSBB when the Japanese could submit suggestions to Sakurai, he never replied to the "Geno 4 Smash!" comments. He would always respond to the more heartfelt ones (I think there was a random one in there about someone getting married, which he got a kick out of).

Just be honest when responding for Geno's return. Think of it like this: "Geno should come back!"... Why?
Thx-you, @ Steelia Steelia for understanding of what's truly matters!

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

I hope they are really listening to the votes... I really poured my heart in to my votes T^T

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman

I hope they are really listening to the votes... I really poured my heart in to my votes T^T
Same here. I tried to do my best to convince him and went for the emotional part, pulling the heart strings may work.

(And Steelia, you're talking about the "Waifu" one ?)

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Don't be sorry Kite ! Irl stuff happens~ (sadly)
And I love the ideas ! Maybe before we can settle the site, we can make a list of what we proposed for the prices and we choose for which ones are the bottom and the ones on top (well I think the Geno doll is the top one. Maybe we can include Mallow as an extra ?)

Also, before I have to go : Do you want me to work on a banner for the stream like I proposed before ?

EDIT :
Raheem, I couldn't help but notice, I looked over the site (which looks neat !) and on the front page, the most recent update was April 20th 2014...
Maybe we should contact them to see if they are still up to commission them for our Geno doll/plush...
#Geno4Smash
l5ueA3i Geno's Icon.png

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
So if alpha dream and nintendo make a mario and luigi rpg 5 and if they put Geno and Mallow in the game, do u think they will make a cameo or be apart of the story or will they be apart of the story and be playable.If they were playable i think it should be like how the baby's were in partner's in time where mario and luigi are the A and B buttons and geno and mallow are the X and Y buttons and mario and luigi are two partner's and they fight enemy's together and geno and mallow are partner's and they fight together and later in the story they all meet up and save the world and/or the princess. Also here are some picture's i came up with

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
So if alpha dream and nintendo make a mario and luigi rpg 5 and if they put Geno and Mallow in the game, do u think they will make a cameo or be apart of the story or will they be apart of the story and be playable.If they were playable i think it should be like how the baby's were in partner's in time where mario and luigi are the A and B buttons and geno and mallow are the X and Y buttons and mario and luigi are two partner's and they fight enemy's together and geno and mallow are partner's and they fight together and later in the story they all meet up and save the world and/or the princess. Also here are some picture's i came up with
had to make sure I was not dreaming Geno looks flipping awesome T^T

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I don't think Geno should fight bowser because geno was one of the reason why bowser didn't left the team in SMRPG

Top Bottom