• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What's the consensus on the November 1st thing? I think there's a good chance we'll get the Terry presentation announced for Friday tomorrow. Either that or the video could be a shadow drop like Joker.
Kind of curious about this too. Nintendo updating the YouTube channel this past weekend and the Spirit Event leak possibly suggest sooner rather than later. Wasn't the final Smash Direct announced on Halloween last year?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I was around for pre-Melee, and Geno rarely came up. The Mario names that came up the most were Wario (one of the most wanted characters period at the time, probably the second or third most wanted after Ganondorf) and Toad (lots of requests for him up until being shown as a Peach special). There was also some suggesting Waluigi as well (to come with Wario). I think I saw a few suggest Paper Mario (much less than pre-Brawl and pre-Smash 4 though).

Geno did not take off as a character request until the summer of 2006, after the Brawl unveil at E3 2006.

Also, to Fatmanonice, I want to ask you a few questions, but I am not sure whether you would be comfortable giving me the answers in public, but you have no way of having a PM. Is there anyway we can have a private chat?
Sent you a PM.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Ah! Yeah, well, I suppose that'd do it, then, lmao. Word truly does get around fast, don't it?

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Yeah people on PapaGenos' Discord server are going crazy over Fatmanonice right now. Here's what PapaG said

also pap.PNG

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Yeah people on PapaGenos' Discord server are going crazy over Fatmanonice right now. Here's what PapaG said

View attachment 243985
We know he's speculating. He's just saying there's a number of names that have been thrown around, and that he thinks people would be happy if they were in Smash. He's also said that a lot of people think Geno has a coinflip chance at minimum.

ganjo

Smash Cadet
I'd also add Heihachi or Tekken rep in general to the list of long requested characters

StarLight42

Smash Lord
We know he's speculating. He's just saying there's a number of names that have been thrown around, and that he thinks people would be happy if they were in Smash. He's also said that a lot of people think Geno has a coinflip chance at minimum.
Of course. I'm aware of all of this. Sadly misinformation is being spread all around, people think Fatman is "leaking" a character. Now I see why he tries to remain quiet among insiders. lol

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
hmmm, I think that the guests mostly came from this 4chan thread.
As Fatmanonice said, people are blowing this out of proportion. Nothing has been confirmed of course, yet there are people in places like 4chan who think it's a leak when it's actually not. Also I've read through that 4chan thread and just like almost everything else on that site I felt like I've lost a majority of my brain cells. Moderation there is pure fiction. Definitely a troll nest.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
As Fatmanonice said, people are blowing this out of proportion. Nothing has been confirmed of course, yet there are people in places like 4chan who think it's a leak when it's actually not. Also I've read through that 4chan thread and just like almost everything else on that site I felt like I've lost a majority of my brain cells. Moderation there is pure fiction. Definitely a troll nest.
I really hope that 4chan trolls do not come here to ruin this place with their toxicity

ganjo

Smash Cadet
Really? I didn't think tekken was asked for much before street fighter was represented.
Well back then in the Melee days, me and the friends i played Smash with were also big on Tekken and we always imagined how cool it would be if Tekken characters appear in Smash too.
Back in 2012 then when it was announced Namco would develop Smash 4, we all thought our dream from back then would finally be realized and the perception was like: now that they work on it, there sure as heck will be many Namco characters included. In the end we only got Pac-Man, who for the first Namco character was definitely the best choice. But I would have liked it if at least one more character and preferably from Tekken was included.

Last edited:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Troll character: Tingle? Cranky Kong?

Characters that are wanted for a long time: Geno: Dixie Kong, Lloyd, Toad, Bandana Dee, Waluigi

Ovaltine

Smash Master
rofl what, Fatman is just speculating and happens to have a peek at the insider Discord, yet he can't tell us much. I don't know why this is blowing up so outrageously. On top of that, he's always said on MULTIPLE occasions to take what he says with a grain of salt. There is a lot of speculative conjecture in what he posts. This isn't a 'leak'.

Oh, uh... Geno? Geno! :drflip: I love Geno! What do you think his favorite pizza toppings are? He'd probably be a classic pepperoni kinda guy.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
rofl what, Fatman is just speculating and happens to have a peek at the insider Discord, yet he can't tell us much. I don't know why this is blowing up so outrageously. On top of that, he's always said on MULTIPLE occasions to take what he says with a grain of salt. There is a lot of speculative conjecture in what he posts. This isn't a 'leak'.

Oh, uh... Geno? Geno! :drflip: I love Geno! What do you think his favorite pizza toppings are? He'd probably be a classic pepperoni kinda guy.
I mean he is speculating with stuff we dont know about so its only natural that people are curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom