• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Realistically: Heihachi (since Tekken 7 top 8 is right before SSBU's top 8, and his Mii costume was in Sm4sh)
Same here. I would love for Smash Bros Ultimate to take a character from Playstation All-Stars Battle just because. Also would be neat to get a third party character that isn't a hero/good person.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The day before E3, I felt a lot of insane emotion from anticipation and wondering what we'd get, especially with the Banjo rumors. Maybe my heart really wanted to believe it and my mind was trying to fight it, but... hooo. I'm not feeling that here myself. I think if we get anything, it'll be an announcement of an announcement. That's my gut feeling.

HOWEVER!

If that does happen or, heck, if nothing happens at EVO at all, don't give up! The lack of the Mii costume is still quite suspicious, plus all the little SMRPG nods and stuff and showing off Geno's spirit INSANELY makes me (thinking emoji). Please don't take a lack of victory tomorrow as the end, y'all. If anything, all it might be is a new beginning, that's all.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Sakurai walks on stage. Takes a deep breath. Stands there for a moment. Walks off stage. Evo ends.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, anything happen while I was gone?

By the way, what time is the Smash EVO stream and where can I watch it?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
For what it's worth, on the DLC page for Smash Ultimate's website Hero is still labeled as "Summer 2019" despite releasing 4 days ago. You would think he would have "Available now" similar to Joker right?

IDK, it's weird.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The day before E3, I felt a lot of insane emotion from anticipation and wondering what we'd get, especially with the Banjo rumors. Maybe my heart really wanted to believe it and my mind was trying to fight it, but... hooo. I'm not feeling that here myself. I think if we get anything, it'll be an announcement of an announcement. That's my gut feeling.

HOWEVER!

If that does happen or, heck, if nothing happens at EVO at all, don't give up! The lack of the Mii costume is still quite suspicious, plus all the little SMRPG nods and stuff and showing off Geno's spirit INSANELY makes me (thinking emoji). Please don't take a lack of victory tomorrow as the end, y'all. If anything, all it might be is a new beginning, that's all.
Well said

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
For what it's worth, on the DLC page for Smash Ultimate's website Hero is still labeled as "Summer 2019" despite releasing 4 days ago. You would think he would have "Available now" similar to Joker right?

IDK, it's weird.
No it doesn¨t

Attachments

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
No it doesn¨t
I'm talking about the DLC page.

Hero still says "Summer 2019" even though it's been days since his release. He should have "Available Now" like Joker. IDK what's up with it.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

Hero still says "Summer 2019" even though it's been days since his release. He should have "Available Now" like Joker. IDK what's up with it.
Unrelated but I love how they had to warp Banjo & Kazooie's render so both of them could fit in the image. That's hilarious to me.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Real quick, let's say Smash Bros Ultimate does announce the 4th Fighter but they come from a fighting game.

Who would you like to see be revealed?
I'm not really big on traditional fighting games but if I had to pick, give me nightmare from Soul Calibur. Preferably the Soul Calibur 2 look. Would love to have him cross paths with link again.

EDIT: No wait I changed my mind I want Virgo from Primal Rage.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Unrelated but I love how they had to warp Banjo & Kazooie's render so both of them could fit in the image. That's hilarious to me.
You can't do Kazooie dirty like that bruh. She won't stand for being shafted like that. :smash:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

That site has been glitching up more times than one. Remember when there was a glitch in the updated banner which made people believe that Isaac was in because of his position at the Grinch leak banner? I wouldn¨t take this as a confirmation for anything.

MomijiInubashiri630

Smash Apprentice
I can't help but think something has to happen related to the starling tomorrow. This is all too weird to ignore, many people ARE ignoring the starling, and it's kind of infuriating because this source is legit, it's about the deadline for his usual hints, this is a good time to announce something more than ever. I have a mixture of feelings rn, I don't want to have last minute doubts, but last time I did for Banjo, he happened. I'm going insane over a ****ing bird lmao

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That site has been glitching up more times than one. Remember when there was a glitch in the updated banner which made people believe that Isaac was in because of his position at the Grinch leak banner? I wouldn¨t take this as a confirmation for anything.
Maybe my jokes about the intern wanting to get fired were actually real.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Yeah, tbh it's really make me doubt he'll end up releasing in July.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Other fighting games, eh? I would pick... Zetterburn or Absa from Rivals of Aether. Love that game and having characters from it would be sick. Especially if they had special mechanics like instead of a shield they had the party and they can walk jump out of special fall. That would be sick.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Really trying (and not really succeeding) to keep up with this thread. I see somewhere farther back people were discussing 11 characters they'd want to add to the roster. I'm not sure where the number 11 came from but I'll throw in my 2 cents (in order):

1. Geno
2. Rayman
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Spyro
5. Isaac
6. Magolor
7. A new Metroid rep I don't really care much who (Sylux, Rundas, generic Space Pirate, even Chozo has a lot of interesting character potential pointed out in Chozos support thread if anyone is interested)
8. The Human from Undertale
9. Resident Evil rep (personally I like Wesker but Chris, Jill, or Leon are cool too)
10. Here's my weird pick: The Dishwasher and/or Yuki from The Dishwasher Dead Samurai/Vampire Smile respectively
11. Krystal

If you'd like me to elaborate on any of these I'd be happy to. Please understand these are just who I'd want in most and only reflects my gaming experience and isn't meant in any way to discourage others or make it seem like there aren't other characters that I want in or would still be happy to see get in. I was also tempted to put Isaac Clarke in there too from Dead Space but I think Smash needs a character like Krystal more.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Inb4 someone other than geno gets in tomorrow and Siivagunner uploads a "Goodbye Geno" rip but the whole song is based off Loud Nigra yells. Because that would be my eternal mood.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
True but I don't get why it's still displaying that. A glitch is different from something obvious that needs to be updated like Hero being available now.
Yeah, tbh it's really make me doubt he'll end up releasing in July.
TFW the Hero that released in this game is actually an imposter. The real one is actually still on the way.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
True but I don't get why it's still displaying that. A glitch is different from something obvious that needs to be updated like Hero being available now.
Because it's not really something worth to go "ops we made an opsi about" like the Castlevania music leak the day before. As far as we know, it could just be that they are focusing their work on Banjo. Granted, this could also mean that they are waiting for tomorrows potential reveal. But like I said. Its not worth bother an eye on right now

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I admit to having some conflicting feelings about the coming days; I don't know whether they would drop news at the end of EVO or if they would go for a Smash Direct. It's not helped by the fact that I had a couple of Geno-related dreams recently: one of them confirmed him as a fighter, which was great; the other one had Sakurai promising us he would bring Geno's Mii Costume back. At least we might not have to wait too long before we get an answer on the starling hint.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I'm gonna pretend I saw a shooting star tonight and made a wish for Geno to be in Smash!

I didn't, because I rarely see shooting stars, but i'll keep looking throughout the night!

On a different note...

1564893920330.png

look how sad he looks how are u gonna ban him :(

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Heh, now that you mention it, I have seen a shooting star from my bed once or twice - I always like the curtains open so I can see the sky. This happened sometime earlier this year.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
inb4 as we all await anxiously for tomorrow's EVO 2019 SSBU Top 8, wracking our brains, Sabi's NOA source lurks in the thread, watching deviously like

"Hmhmhmhm. Soon ye faithful sheep. Soon."

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
As I slip into the sweet embrace of slumber, I'll say a silent prayer in hopes that we receive good news on the morrow!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If by chance there's a trailer tomorrow quick reminder to pace yourself if there's any sighting of Mario, Peach, Bowser, or Rosalina.

Breathe and wait.

They could all be featured in anybody's trailer after all.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Imagine at EVO August 4th:

The tournament is over and we’re left on a shot of the stars. We hear “GENO AWAKENS” slowly fade in as a star drops to earth. We see the star fly through many different locations from Mario RPG, until it eventually finds the Geno doll. The doll gets up slowly as we see a glimmering Smash ball in his eyes...

Splash Art:
1) “Geno serves a higher authority”
2) “Geno awakens”
3) “Geno get Smash on the road”
4) “Geno squares from the stars”
5) “♥♪!? stars in”

Keep the faith!

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
All the pieces are starting to come together now. The random takedowns to Super Mario RPG music. The mysterious lack of the Mii costume despite Hero's showcase being the PERFECT time to show it off. The fact they already negotiated with Square to get other characters in and Geno as a spirit. The whole starling thing. The fact that Ultimate has already served a bunch of heavily requested characters with :ultridley::ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie:. The fact Nintendo corporate is well aware of what the fans want, otherwise they wouldn't have even considered Banjo & Kazooie.

For all I know they're just going to reveal the Geno Mii costume with the same fanfare from Smash 4 and we're all gonna eat a bunch of crow.

So my mind is telling me no. But my heart says

♥♪!? yes

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Reminder that even if Geno isn't announced tomorrow or even if another character is announced instead that doesn't necessarily mean it's over for Geno. It feels really silly to point that out, but I just know some people will automatically make posts of that nature if something like that happens.

Cmon guys! Jinx us up some good luck

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice any new geno evidence? You are close to leakers
m8 if he knew something he would say something. Fatman is a good enough dude and invested enough in this thread that if there was something interesting enough to bring up he'd just do it. People don't need to ping him every 30 minutes for an update.

T2by4

Smash Lord
All the pieces are starting to come together now. The random takedowns to Super Mario RPG music. The mysterious lack of the Mii costume despite Hero's showcase being the PERFECT time to show it off. The fact they already negotiated with Square to get other characters in and Geno as a spirit. The whole starling thing. The fact that Ultimate has already served a bunch of heavily requested characters with :ultridley::ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie:. The fact Nintendo corporate is well aware of what the fans want, otherwise they wouldn't have even considered Banjo & Kazooie.

For all I know they're just going to reveal the Geno Mii costume with the same fanfare from Smash 4 and we're all gonna eat a bunch of crow.

So my mind is telling me no. But my heart says

♥♪!? yes
It's all coming together.

Attachments

D

Deleted member

Just finished my latest playthrough of Super Mario RPG and if Geno really gets revealed tomorrow? Well that's actually perfect timing assuming it does happen. I absolutely adore the game Geno and Super Mario RPG are a one of a kind. I beat Smithy with Mario, Peach and Geno (Of course) cause I always have Geno on my team.

Super Mario RPG is such a good game though, The Music is fantasic the world is nothing like we've seen since all these new locations and such, The Characters are really special (Geno, Mallow, Croco and Boshi just to name a few) and Smithy was such a cool villain. It's such a great game and since I beat it like 10 minutes ago if he gets revealed at EVO then that would be perfect timing but I doubt the world is that perfect.

Anyways I'm signing off, Good night everyone.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Don't get your hopes raised TOO high now... There hasn't been any real solid information about Nintendo releasing ANYTHING at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom