• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

Pretty sure I've shared this before but it's one of my favorite shanties. It's about whalers talking about making the roughly 2,700 mile trip between the Bering Sea off the coast of Russia and the Hawaiian island of Maui. Obviously, it's miserably cold and incredibly dangerous. They would do this in six month long stints before making the trip back. Sickness and death was no doubt common. Pretty clear you can't have a real fire on a wooden ship. That far north there was likely weeks when you didn't see the sun or even land. When they were done, they'd sail south to Hawaii. Running low on everything, their motivation was simply the promise of things that didn't make them miserable: warmth, women, rum. Sometimes that's all it takes to go forward: that things will be better eventually. It's been a miserable year for nearly all of us but, truth be told, we're homeward bound. Before you know it, tomorrow will be a memory and you'll continue to go forward because that's what you've up to this point without even realizing it.
Moving through a cold empty hell with your only hope being that eventually you’ll be out of it.

Sounds about right to me. We’re homeward bound, guys. Pass me the rum.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice you lucky *******! You mange to catch Blocked Content's attention again and show up on his show:

My one dream in life is to be featured in a Blocked Content video.
Lmao, seems pretty easy to get into one of these. This is the many that covered that fighter pass 2 fan art for an entire video and labeled it a leak.

Like holy **** I've never seen such a masterful baiter.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Lmao, seems pretty easy to get into one of these. This is the many that covered that fighter pass 2 fan art for an entire video and labeled it a leak.

Like holy **** I've never seen such a masterful baiter.
Blocked Content sure is a sucker that takes everyones' bait to make some YouTube change lol!

Reactions: Z25

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Oh, Geno fans don't have to do anything in that department. Its his detractors who can't shut up about him. Go into a general speculation thread at a random time and there's the same 4 people complaining about Geno for the 10,000th time.

Honestly, the one bright spot of him being potentially Mii'ed is that his detractors can finally move on with their lives and stop obsessing over him.
Can't tell you how many times I've scrolled through comments on YouTube videos, only to see stuff like "I sure hope it isn't Geno" even if the character being discussed has nothing to do with him. Geno lives in haters' heads rent free

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I’m a pretty niche leaker around here. I have correctly predicted numerous things like Geno’s Mii Costume not showing up with Hero and the Sans and Cuphead Mii’s. My source supposedly has a friend who works at Game Informer which is where I get this information. Basically: We are getting a playable Geno, Beware The Mushrooms orchestral version which is supposedly “for the fans” and something that I can’t say, but it’s a hoot!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey guys, I’m a pretty niche leaker around here. I have correctly predicted numerous things like Geno’s Mii Costume not showing up with Hero and the Sans and Cuphead Mii’s. My source supposedly has a friend who works at Game Informer which is where I get this information. Basically: We are getting a playable Geno, Beware The Mushrooms orchestral version which is supposedly “for the fans” and something that I can’t say, but it’s a hoot!
Blocked Content: This leak is from Mr. Peepee Mr. Peepee on Smashboards and I quote:

"Hey guys, I’m a pretty niche leaker around here. I have correctly predicted numerous things like Geno’s Mii Costume not showing up with Hero and the Sans and Cuphead Mii’s. My source supposedly has a friend who works at Game Informer which is where I get this information. Basically: We are getting a playable Geno, Beware The Mushrooms orchestral version which is supposedly “for the fans” and something that I can’t say, but it’s a hoot!"

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Frankly, the only outcome that would legitimately irritate the hell out of me is Geno's costume being a 1:1 port of Sm4sh's. It was so ugly, and the lack of a helmet ruined the costume as a 'consolation prize'. It's really not hard to model a head for the gunner, especially since it wouldn't need any special rigging or anything. It'd just need to be stuck on there. It'd be the easiest possible bone to throw Geno's fan base, so to not do it would be infuriatingly tone-deaf.

Then again, this is Nintendo. They're known for being tone-deaf, and who knows if Geno's visage on display is enough to get their panties in a wad over, "B-BUT MUH MARIO UNIVERSE RULES!!!"

AugustusB

Smash Champion
A hoot, you say!?
ka.png

NEW ZELDA REP IS HAPPENING!!! :4pacman:

Last edited:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
If Geno is a deluxe Mii costume tomorrow or regular Mii costume the best thing you can do if you want Geno is to buy it. It may not do much for Smash Ultimate now but this is the same company that assumed that Assist Trophies were replacements for full characters, I think if they see that this costume makes a lot of money that impacts a lot of decisions for the next Smash / Smash Ultimate port / etc. IDK how well the K. Rool Mii did back in 2015 but I'm sure that impacted a lot of bringing him in as a character

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright we’ve got less than 24 hours to go.

Who’s betting on costume and who’s betting on no costume? Let’s get a betting pool goin’

Forthestarcapelad

Smash Apprentice
Welp, we're in that last 24 hour stretch before our reckoning, or our salvation.

Look, I'm realizing there are a lot of different outcomes going in to this direct tomorrow. If I've learned anything from Sephiroth's reveal, more than ever before with the DLC, is that it is so difficult to predict Nintendo and Sakurai, even with the best evidence in the world. Even with legitimate leakers, it's difficult to parse that information and really get a proper frame of reference. I don't know what's going to happen, and at this point, it's hard to know any absolutes. As such, I'm not giving up on the dream. Not just yet. I still believe in our boy, and the passion from people in this community that pushed him in to notoriety..

As of right now, I'm following the sage advice of our boy Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and am waiting to see what happens. I choose to put my faith in to his perspective on this. And even if the worst should come to pass, and he still doesn't make it in... Well, I won't deny that I'll be sad, but y'know, the journey through speculating about him was fun too.

Compared to a lot of other people in the "Geno for Smash camp", I haven't been very involved, even in discussions of the character. But just seeing you guys and your passion for the character are what made me get in to Super Mario RPG in the first place (back way before Smash 4), and fall in love with Geno just as you guys did, and getting to connect with others, for as infrequently and short as it has been for me, has been really nice,. I'm even starting a new game of Mario RPG tonight, because seeing fandoms like this for relatively lesser known characters is just overall heartwarming.

So for what it's worth, I think you guys are amazing, and I'm with this hype train all the way until the last stop. Whether we do or die, crash and burn or remain in the running and are finally blessed just as Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo and Kazooie were, just know that any and all efforts to push Geno have at least inspired more people to learn about the character proper, just in case some of you need some sort of pick me up (hah, Mario RPG items) to get through tomorrow.
Main takeaway is that I'm cautiously optimistic and hopeful, and that you guys make me proud.:4pacman:

That said, y'all mind if I pray for our lord and savior?

:geno::geno::geno::geno::geno::geno::geno::geno::geno::geno:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Confirmed

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Alright we’ve got less than 24 hours to go.

Who’s betting on costume and who’s betting on no costume? Let’s get a betting pool goin’
I’m betting on no costume, there are plenty of other options for Mii costumes. I think Sakurai will continue do everything in his power to get Geno as a playable fighter in this game, no matter how long it takes. I think that’s why there was no Geno Mii costume with Hero and will not be with Sephiroth.

Last edited:

yungmornindrive

Smash Cadet
I’m honestly 50/50 on a costume coming tomorrow, which has taken me completely out of the speculation interest. Sephiroth really broke so many “rules” created by fans, which has made theorycrafting next to obsolete.

Just hoping for something we can have fun with. Because that’s what this is all about.

Last edited:

Juliano

Smash Rookie
I'm one of the many guests always checking this thread when things are looking hopeful... finally decided to make an account and say hi.

I'm not as old as some of you (though still a bit old at this point I guess.) I remember all the hype me and my friends had back in HS over the characters that were getting announced for Brawl. I've been hoping for Geno since then. Guess it's been 12-13 years now, but it feels like much much longer.

I am holding out for good news tomorrow. Be strong everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom