• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Brawl Power Rankings Thread (as of 4/25/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Again like I said.

I hope MK gets banned. Just to see the National effect he has on the community when gone.

Bring up the fact that you've played better or beaten better people than me is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in defense to a MK ban argument. Especially considering that the margin in people who are pro-ban and anti-ban is different on player skill. I can guarantee you there's more scrubs asking for MK ban than their are pro or legit players. That will probably refrain from playing the game when they realize they suck with or without him. Coming from you it shocks me, because I think you'd know more than anybody it doesn't take a Top player to realize and see the obvious trends in the community and it's behavior. Using your experience as a justification is a bias, one sided argument... especially in a scene you win in.

As far as my ignorance on MK goes compared to your's, it's fair game because this is clearly an argument. That's like me saying you're ignorant to the amount of optimism you could have towards a character that doesn't stop you in your region. Reflex I've seen you do some amazing things with your characters against any MU when down. But not MK, you just roll your eyes or give up, lose faith. Which is my point, you can't even accept the character for who he is in the game, so banning him is your only thoughts on it. Maybe because you beat our state's MK mains who fluctuate between like the top 8 characters and what not you feel as if you can tolerate him. And then a OoS situation happens when someone who's able to play MK or better with him rather comes and you just lose hope.

I bring up campy gameplay (which I don't recall saying, I believe it was "gay" lol but ok) to point out that our scene still doesn't understand the utmost competitive drive to this game. Believe it or not a scene strives off of it's mid-level players and our's aren't nearly as competitive as the next. Ours are casual. When you have a scene full of casual players, your Top players are gauranteed to be sub-par. I'm not saying you are, but that's why we don't perform well OoS. Our tourney matches aren't nearly as intense as the other scenes. I'm all for playing for fun, because the game is that in it's own. However, when you put in the fact that money's a factor and I'll player harder because of it? It makes the game waayyy more fun to me. I feel like our scene is missing that. And you know it. It's not because of the lack of smashfests or practice. It's simply not because of that, people in our scene are just too laid back on the competition. Other scene's even unranked people are hard as **** to play because they're playing so intensely to earn a spot and make some money. They have legit MM's aside from bracket just to get their money back. Not us we have like 2$ mm and like farts and giggles for other stuff. Don't get me wrong I love our scene and how fun it is but when it comes to regards on the metagame or it's advancing, I'm annoyed by our input.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Again like I said.

I hope MK gets banned. Just to see the National effect he has on the community when gone.

Bring up the fact that you've played better or beaten better people than me is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in defense to a MK ban argument. Especially considering that the margin in people who are pro-ban and anti-ban is different on player skill. I can guarantee you there's more scrubs asking for MK ban than their are pro or legit players. That will probably refrain from playing the game when they realize they suck with or without him. Coming from you it shocks me, because I think you'd know more than anybody it doesn't take a Top player to realize and see the obvious trends in the community and it's behavior. Using your experience as a justification is a bias, one sided argument... especially in a scene you win in.

As far as my ignorance on MK goes compared to your's, it's fair game because this is clearly an argument. That's like me saying you're ignorant to the amount of optimism you could have towards a character that doesn't stop you in your region. Reflex I've seen you do some amazing things with your characters against any MU when down. But not MK, you just roll your eyes or give up, lose faith. Which is my point, you can't even accept the character for who he is in the game, so banning him is your only thoughts on it. Maybe because you beat our state's MK mains who fluctuate between like the top 8 characters and what not you feel as if you can tolerate him. And then a OoS situation happens when someone who's able to play MK or better with him rather comes and you just lose hope.

I bring up campy gameplay (which I don't recall saying, I believe it was "gay" lol but ok) to point out that our scene still doesn't understand the utmost competitive drive to this game. Believe it or not a scene strives off of it's mid-level players and our's aren't nearly as competitive as the next. Ours are casual. When you have a scene full of casual players, your Top players are gauranteed to be sub-par. I'm not saying you are, but that's why we don't perform well OoS. Our tourney matches aren't nearly as intense as the other scenes. I'm all for playing for fun, because the game is that in it's own. However, when you put in the fact that money's a factor and I'll player harder because of it? It makes the game waayyy more fun to me. I feel like our scene is missing that. And you know it. It's not because of the lack of smashfests or practice. It's simply not because of that, people in our scene are just too laid back on the competition. Other scene's even unranked people are hard as **** to play because they're playing so intensely to earn a spot and make some money. They have legit MM's aside from bracket just to get their money back. Not us we have like 2$ mm and like farts and giggles for other stuff. Don't get me wrong I love our scene and how fun it is but when it comes to regards on the metagame or it's advancing, I'm annoyed by our input.
The argument is that I understand the game better, so I can better tell how matchups go in high-level play.

I'm pretty sure that the margin of pro-ban to anti-ban is closer than you think between skill levels. On the lower half, you have people who don't understand how good the character is, as well as people who say, "Well, I'm losing to all sorts of characters, so who cares if MK is banned or not?" On the higher half, people are just sick of pushing and pushing with so little results. BBR poll had like four-out-of-five for the ban, and the data from the top 100 players (via Rajam's tournament data stuff) still have about a 60% vote for banning him. You have so little faith in people against it that it's astounding.

Again, you don't know how many times I've played MK, and you don't know how much I've tried, if you assume that I simply give up. There's no more reason to discuss this with you, so I'm not going to. Think whatever you want of me. This is going nowhere.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i think reflex just acts annoyed with mk. it doesnt mean he is giving up.
he acts annoyed when he plays my ddd, but he still beats me.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Again like I said.

Oh you and your made up bull****. The popular opinion poll when crossreferenced with the top 100 players showed that the ratio stayed the same (within 3% I believe) with checks at 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 75, and 100.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah i freak out because i suck and am not a top player and it annoys me because i suck alot and dont know anything about that MU. and my ignorance about the game annoys me when i lose to someone i shouldnt be losing to, i feel, stricly because im ignorant. so thats why im getting mad. but who knows maybe he is better than me. i mean he is beating me. lol im not gonna judge or hate on saint anymore.
but ignorance is not the case with pros.
but i understand people have their peeves. and i would be lieing if i said ic's wasnt one of my peeves lol.
<3 reflex but im just super anti-ban, you know lol

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Lolwut?

Ok Ryker idk who you are but, I'm not making up anything as well as I'm not arguing with you. Just coming in and saying "that's BS blah blah blah" isn't helping anything.

Idk if you know this or even Reflex, but I have some of the highest respect for this guy and our scene. That's why I'm discussing this with him like this, I hold no personal grudges against him. I'm pretty sure if this conversation was verbal he'd see that. I'm just upset on our scene's attitude towards EVERYTHING competitive in this game(or "gay"). I can use an example of like 10 people I've seen with it in our scene, but that sounds controversial. I'm just sick of it. So if it SEEMS like I have a attitude towards the guy, I don't. lol

Back to what I was saying in response to Reflex.

I don't know how much you've PLAYED MK, but I can tell you it's not nearly as much as a region with MK dominance. And when mid level people in that same very region don't want him banned accept for like 1 or 2 Top players it's annoying to see our scene have the same mindset as those 2 Top players when the dominance doesn't exist.

Being pretty sure on the margin of a MK ban isn't fact at all. It's an assumption. I've made assumptions too, but lets be real here. Aside from MK there's been a huge span of people that we've let the results of their opinions play a role on our ruleset. It's stupid.

I don't lack faith in people who want him banned, they lack faith in themselves for wanting him to be banned. There's just nOooOOo way anyone can beat the character in tourney now. Which is a false statement. I'd hate to point out exceptions, but it's needed. When Junebug 2-0'd M2K what were your opinions on banning MK then? When you look @ the MK's that are dominant what do you think? Is it true that every person that touches MK is just unbeatable and/or going to win their set? Is he a certified win in any outcome? Or are the same people dominating and beating the same people in every tourney?

milesg2g

Smash Champion
That awkward moment where you check your power rankings thread and see an irrelevant conversation going on...
^This post proves what I mean so much about our scene. The discussion isn't irrelevant because it has a cause and effect on how tourneys will be ran in the future. Which would indirectly effect how people are PR'd in the first place.

Oh but wait, not in GA/AL clearly. There are other matters to discuss.. I'm sorry please continue with your relevant discussion lol

T3h Albino

Smash Master
^This post proves what I mean so much about our scene. The discussion isn't irrelevant because it has a cause and effect on how tourneys will be ran in the future. Which would indirectly effect how people are PR'd in the first place.

Oh but wait, not in GA/AL clearly. There are other matters to discuss.. I'm sorry please continue with your relevant discussion lol
Alby =/= GA/'s entire scene.

As much as I enjoy reading the books that you and reflex are typing, they don't have to be typed here. You can take the discussion to PM's. We're not looking at the future, we're looking at right now. Is metaknight banned? No. Will he banned next year? Yes. But as of now we need to be worried about tournaments to prepare for APEX which is MK legal...

Idc how whatever your talking about will indirectly affect me, because until January whatever that date is MK will still be a problem.

I'd rather this thread be dead than have it bumped with nonsense~

Scatz

Smash Champion
Alby =/= GA/'s entire scene.

As much as I enjoy reading the books that you and reflex are typing, they don't have to be typed here. You can take the discussion to PM's. We're not looking at the future, we're looking at right now. Is metaknight banned? No. Will he banned next year? Yes. But as of now we need to be worried about tournaments to prepare for APEX which is MK legal...

Idc how whatever your talking about will indirectly affect me, because until January whatever that date is MK will still be a problem.

I'd rather this thread be dead than have it bumped with nonsense~

milesg2g

Smash Champion
That's what I'm saying, the relevant discussion you're talking about is what? Just what else could you be talking about? Better yet wtf else does this thread even discuss when the PR just gets updated? Answer: Nothing. It's typically other S.Atl states coming in promoting tourney's, leaving and P3 will say something like "I'm the best" and herpa derp. If that's what you call relevant than I'll easily stop the discussion. Otherwise what's the problem? lol.

You act as if what I'm saying is interrupting a dispute between two people's spot on the PR or something. When it actually has something to do with NEXT season lol. We're so late with our PR updates anyway what's wrong with discussing changes in the community that will go in effect in about 3 months? If we do this we might just make it on time.

It's funny you mention that we shouldn't discuss it now because it's not a "NOW" thing. That's like the essence of procrastination. Keep in mind that AL was all over the ban ruleset with or without the URC. So as far as MK practice goes for Apex, this discussion is long overdue. Just saying.

DRN

Smash Lord
That's what I'm saying, the relevant discussion you're talking about is what? Just what else could you be talking about? Better yet wtf else does this thread even discuss when the PR just gets updated? Answer: Nothing. It's typically other S.Atl states coming in promoting tourney's, leaving and P3 will say something like "I'm the best" and herpa derp. If that's what you call relevant than I'll easily stop the discussion. Otherwise what's the problem? lol.

You act as if what I'm saying is interrupting a dispute between two people's spot on the PR or something. When it actually has something to do with NEXT season lol. We're so late with our PR updates anyway what's wrong with discussing changes in the community that will go in effect in about 3 months? If we do this we might just make it on time.

It's funny you mention that we shouldn't discuss it now because it's not a "NOW" thing. That's like the essence of procrastination. Keep in mind that AL was all over the ban ruleset with or without the URC. So as far as MK practice goes for Apex, this discussion is long overdue. Just saying.
Miles i actually agree with Alby on this. I'd rather have a dead thread then a conversation that really doesnt matter at this point. I'm tired of seeing mk discussions on a majority of the threads i usually check out. His ban in January is already set in stone as long as the Unity Ruleset becomes the majority ruleset everyone follows(which it will be). Since the majority of our community wants mk gone then hes gone. There is no right or wrong in the ban. Majority controls all and by this point everyone who has an opinion on this matter will stick to their choice no matter what. Its practically impossible to change peoples minds and a waste of time especially since pro-ban has already gotten what they were after. Yea this is a "give up" mentality but when the Majority takes control there isnt anything the minority can do.

Take that **** to PMs. Its not relevant to the PRs but of course its relevant to the community. If u dont take it to PMs at least take it to our social thread. Also the reason this thread doesnt get that many posts is because there isnt anything to discuss about our PRs. Everyone talks to each other on fb/phone/offline. The only posts that are on here are invitations to tourneys and the occasional tourney interest posts from some of our members.

:190: Player-1 da bess :190:

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Oh Ok. As long as it's clear I wasn't interrupting ****, I'll take my thoughts else where and not to Reflex's PM's or anything related to our scene for that matter lol. Dead thread is Dead.

Player-3

Smash Hero

wat

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

:190: Player-1 da bess :190:
no.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
The salt incarnent should obv be at the Salt Mines tournament.

However I may have to rely on a 16 year old driver for a trip there. riskeh

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
@Flea - Technically none right now I think. Vahe's starter on his car broke and we're not sure if it'll be fixed before the tournament. We asked Chima if he could drive but he hasn't confirmed with us yet. If Chima drives and takes Vahe's old car then JTMerell, the guy driving through ATL with 2-3 spots in his car might be able to take you instead of Chima (he's picking up Angelo too) but even if Chima/Angelo are still going with him, he might have an extra seat so you might want to ask Chima about him period. So... guess I'll edit this post when I know more but those are the options right now.

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
Alright thanks Mic, I feel bad cuz this was a last minute thing xD but I really hope everything pulls through

:phone:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
1) Kismet2 ( , ) = Ur goin back Falco soon YAAAAY!!
2) DRN ( , ) +5 Gud **** movin up!!!
3) BigLou ( , , ) -1 Shudda stuck 2 Weegee
4) Micaelis ( , ) = Wait since when did u use Wario
9) Albino ( ) NEW Wuuuuuuuuuuuuut u using Falco???

Player-3

Smash Hero
Sooo P3 uses fox now?

I see how things are rolling.

:phone:
i also use marth but i didn't win any major matches with him which is why it doesn't show up on the pr lul

but yeah i've been playing alot of fox fox marths dumb matchups like d3 and wario

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
4) Micaelis ( , ) = Wait since when did u use Wario
Couple of months now. He's probably already a bit better than my MK or about the same. I plan on dropping MK completely. Picking back up DK and maybe Olimar. Got 4th last tournament using Wario and a little DK.

@Flea - It's cool. Vahe's car is probably going to be fixed in time so make sure you get a ride with that JT guy so I can destroy you at AUSOM <3

@Player-3 - Are you really going to add Wario to your hate list? lol, I know he's super obnoxious but Fox vs Wario is NOT that bad. That MU is annoying on both sides. Trust me, you just need to camp more and I'm serious about that.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Player-3 - Are you really going to add Wario to your hate list? lol, I know he's super obnoxious but Fox vs Wario is NOT that bad. That MU is annoying on both sides. Trust me, you just need to camp more and I'm serious about that.
Actually, I found our last matches very fun.

i also use marth but i didn't win any major matches with him which is why it doesn't show up on the pr lul

but yeah i've been playing alot of fox fox marths dumb matchups like d3 and wario
You derp, why don't you ask me for advice? You know there are only about 5 Fox mains in the world.

If you're not lasering, you're doing it wrong. If you're not making reads with Dair, you're doing it wrong still.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Couple of months now. He's probably already a bit better than my MK or about the same. I plan on dropping MK completely. Picking back up DK and maybe Olimar. Got 4th last tournament using Wario and a little DK.

@Flea - It's cool. Vahe's car is probably going to be fixed in time so make sure you get a ride with that JT guy so I can destroy you at AUSOM <3

i hope you meant marth vs wario

and i know i need to camp more, i just don't like to; hence the character switch

Actually, I found our last matches very fun.

You derp, why don't you ask me for advice? You know there are only about 5 Fox mains in the world.

If you're not lasering, you're doing it wrong. If you're not making reads with Dair, you're doing it wrong still.
you never show up to tournaments for me to ask you anything bro

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
you never show up to tournaments for me to ask you anything bro
Drumline runs my late summer to late Fall life. It's almost over though! My last competition is the first week on November. So that means almost time for me and chima to hit the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and I'll be back to tournaments again.

Also you could just PM me questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom