• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Melee Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Ok, last time we tried this it turned into some stupid flaming session. Keep the idiocy out and let's do this correctly for once. I'm making this in the social room because I know stupid crap will happen.
anyway, IMO panelist list should look like

FullMetal
SleepyK
DashDanceDan
DogySamich

GA Wes if he's not in europe being a fairy
oh too late he's going to be in europe being a fairy
imo the people listed are most active in their zones/in general and have pretty good knowledge of the other players

let's get this done for once.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
rofl who's dash dance dan

you need panelist with presence on the boardz

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
Looks like a good list of knowledgeable peeps as far as I know.

And I don't need to post on the boards to know who's good at smash, Tong.

The skill level/win ratio among the top are all pretty even cause they play friendlies all the time. Chad, Dogy, Wes and Flmtl are usually the ones who do consistantly well in Georgia tournaments. SleepyK has been doin good too.

But we haven't had a Georgia gathering in a while, sooo

Maybe we could develop a point system? Tournament placement, positions matches, HORSE tech skill matches lol?

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
yeah but what if i suggested a 64 panel of
aaron
chris
jonathan
starfox

no one would care about these rankings cause no one knows anyone on this list except starfox
which is not to say the suggested panel is bad, just that rep and presence on the boards are important, as demonstrated

SleepyK

well see, tong, that issue is negated because we all see each other all the time at tournaments.
GA does not have an influx of new players that need to see people with "board presence" so there's no real point.

anyway, myself, dogy, and fmtl are active enough to "make up" for dan if it's really that big of a deal.
Dan's active enough on the forums anyway. he just doesn't post.

i forgot about columbo.

imo alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha

Purple

Hi guys!
I'm excited to this see this go through, mainly because of it'll make georgia look more serious when it comes to it's competitive scene.

Might i recommend a point system once the Power Rankings list is set up?

No offense to desu, but desu is one of the top three in brawl. However he has his moments where he can be lazy :p.

That being said, you don't have to have skill and high placing rankings to make thoughtful decisions and be consistent for power rankings, you just have to be knowledgeable, which dashdancedan is.

Besides, we need to get this **** done. and the list is made, so it might be good to just stick with it and run with it.

SleepyK

i kind of want to discard GAWes' old system and start over.
point and opinion system sounds good imo.

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
Board presence doesn't necessarily = scene presence. I understand your point, but I think I'm known enough among the other people who are gaging the skill of Georgia Melee Bros. (Which is what we're doing)

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
As soon as I ****ing move -.-

But Top 3 in consistency and attendance are chaddd, XIF, fullmetal/Dogy.
Then Cornel, Wes, Sleepy, S0ft
Dan/Merc
PbnJ/Alpha (Go to a tournament scrub)
Tubes

Prac Carter 112 Daniel Zaman Rayku and Datman arent real people.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I'm excited to this see this go through, mainly because of it'll make georgia look more serious when it comes to it's competitive scene.

Might i recommend a point system once the Power Rankings list is set up?

No offense to desu, but desu is one of the top three in brawl. However he has his moments where he can be lazy :p.

That being said, you don't have to have skill and high placing rankings to make thoughtful decisions and be consistent for power rankings, you just have to be knowledgeable, which dashdancedan is.

Besides, we need to get this **** done. and the list is made, so it might be good to just stick with it and run with it.
How did Desu come into the picture at all?
>__>

SleepyK

rayku's been doing pretty ok
prac did ok at dsj too

SleepyK

desu would probably fit on our melee PR given our lack of attendance and players

SleepyK

we decided in the previous panel that xif would be exempt from GA pr since he was on FL pr and still considers himself FL.
he's a permanent OOS-er during school, i guess.

SleepyK

also when we finally decide on a top 10 + prob a tier 2
new topic in pro section imo

Purple

Hi guys!
How did Desu come into the picture at all?
>__>
no one read the previous arguement

>_>, it was an example. Desu's one of the brawl panelists. He's lazy at times, yet we use him because he's known by everyone. Does that mean that we get things done on time? No.

That was my point in defense of DashDanceDan.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I do agree with that panel.

In my opinion, for the Kennesaw representative, I'd vote either myeslf or DashDanceDan. I would vote Dan over myself simply because he stays true to one game, while I play both. I am also on the Brawl Panel.

Prac352

Smash Lord
Subscrizibed. I do believe either myself or Alpha should certainly be a panelist.

SleepyK

i agree prac but you guys haven't been to a tournament since dsj
tbh i understand since it's a 3 hour drive
but if you think columbo has enough active meleers at this point in time to warrant columbo on the pr then i agree

Purple

Hi guys!
I like this. An actual point system has never seemed to be so great in any sort of ranking system that I've seen attempted. Opinion and a flexible tourney-placement-based "point" system is best imo

only reason i say for a point system is because it solves the problem of people feeling that the panelists are biased to opinions of skill instead of actual tournament skill

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
well the whole point of choosing the right panelists is that we value their opinions and don't really question their judgment much...we can only hope that they'll be as unbiased as possible :)

I was trying [but probably failed] to emphasize that tourney placings should have a good deal of influence on someone's current ranking [obviously] but there are too many factors that aren't taken into account by just a pure numerical point system so it can lead to slightly inaccurate results

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
lets see who's left in Columbus
Myself * sucks at Melee *
Prac *fell off the face of the earth, but is back and will be @ SOD7*
Tsunami *but TO3 and DSJ he went but did not enter*
DP, but he hasn't been playing with us down here as of late

I'm too lazy to be a panelist so it should be prac

MarsFool!

Smash Lord

only reason i say for a point system is because it solves the problem of people feeling that the panelists are biased to opinions of skill instead of actual tournament skill
Go back a page. My list is based 100% off of torunament placings. Thats what I do when im on SWF, troll and look at tournament placings.

SleepyK

tbh alpha 4 people, 2 of which are partially inactive, doesn't seem to justify a columbus rep.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I don't see what we're waiting for- panel discussion meeting after SoD7?
Because I'm probably not going to SOD so assuming it's an important tournament in terms of Power Rankings might be a mistake.

Like that one time I was put at #2 because I beat XIF at Pound 3. =/

SleepyK

tbh chaddd unless you went to sod7 and lost to our entire top 10 list you'd still be #1 on the PR due to your outstanding tournament record and the fact that you have only lost to two people on it.

that's just what i think.

imo you're also dangerously close to inactive status, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom