• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

VietGeek

Smash Hero
yeah alby

how many times do you get to sit with your dad

compared to how many times you get to sit on ppl

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Actually, I think it's about that time of the year again... the November monthly falls on Thanksgiving weekend and I know for a fact most people can't make it. Are we going to reschedule it to a different weekend? If so... this coming weekend or 3 weekends from now? Also, this time we should contact Min somehow about the change if we do make one.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I think it's about that time of the year again... the November monthly falls on Thanksgiving weekend and I know for a fact most people can't make it. Are we going to reschedule it to a different weekend? If so... this coming weekend or 3 weekends from now? Also, this time we should contact Min somehow about the change if we do make one.
The monthly is the third saturday which falls on the 20th of the month.
Thanksgiving is on the 25th.

Player-1

Smash Legend
if thanksgiving is on the 25th then we should do it on the 20th because the 27th and 28th is thanksgiving weekend and I won't be able to attend it then...

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Gah, sorry Mercy, i was at my cousin's place til' almost 11:00 that night x.x

@DisasterABDUL: Man, i was in Loganville the entire time, i was going to ask you for an address or something XD

Also, i wanna go to the Monthly (Waba)

DRN

Smash Lord
I can go any other weekend besides this one. Already have **** planned. Lounis which AL tourney is it? And do u have room if your driving?

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I have room, mainly because I haven't made any plans yet lol.

There is a apparently a tourney in Augusta GA with a guaranteed pot payout. The same day as the AL tourney and the monthly. Sooo many choices.

DRN

Smash Lord
I have room, mainly because I haven't made any plans yet lol.

There is a apparently a tourney in Augusta GA with a guaranteed pot payout. The same day as the AL tourney and the monthly. Sooo many choices.
K well put me down for wherever u go lol. I wanna travel to more tourneys besides waba again.

Lets just have the monthly on the 27th. So what if its Thanksgiving weekend.Thanksgiving itself is on Thursday and theres no reason for you to miss the monthly since a 1 day Thanksgiving dinner is not an excuse. Also i think we should try to get as many people as possible to the tourney and there being other tourneys falling on the 20th takes away from our attendance. We could also put it on the weekend after Thanksgiving like Michael said. Yea i know this would no longer be Novemeber but it could work just as well.

This weekend is short notice ;o.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Everyone--

This is short notice, but there's going to be a convention...thing at my college this Friday night/Saturday. It's free to do everything (as for events, think of it as a poor man's AWA, I suppose), and there's going to be a Brawl tournament on Saturday in the afternoon ($10 Singles entry, I imagine; probably $10 per team Doubles). Probably a Halo: Reach and SSF4 tournament, but I can't be sure about that.

Basically, if you're free this Saturday, think about coming. If you want to come Friday night, talk to my brother or myself and we'll try to work out housing.

http://nerdacon.com/

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'd probably find a better chance of attending the Monthly, but from what I see now, it's going to be dead/LP stay home.

DRN

Smash Lord
I'd probably find a better chance of attending the Monthly, but from what I see now, it's going to be dead/LP stay home.
K good stay home if this is your mentality of our tourneys(since this is always what u say :/). I dont like that all i see from you is posting about how your not gonna come because YOU dont think the tourney is going to be packed. Yea it sucks u messed up the date the one time u came and the attendance sucked(which was expected of that combo breaker) but it shouldnt stop u from trying to help attendance of the monthly.

Lets just have it the weekend after Thanksgiving(not thanksgiving weekend). It doesn't interfere and yes i know its tech not November then. I really dont think the December monthly is going to packed so this wont change too much.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
imo less attendance is better if you're in it for the social part

less randoms

more time with people you kinda sorta maybe know

less brawl

mmmmmmm...combo breakers

Top Bottom