• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

bigman40

Smash Master
Unfortunately, due to some extreme life problems that just came up, I will not be able to even attempt to attend your Dec. 4th tourney or any others for a while. I hope that they'll come back out to meet the community again when I can actually attend, but as for now, I'm completely out of the smash community.

leann

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys,

Yes, it's true USGA is NO longer a home for 'Waba'. It's a long story, but the short of it is I couldn't continue working with USGA without getting paid. I was spending too much money and working too hard for a partner who gave me excuses instead of support. Sorry about the inconvenience...

But, I am working on Bringing Waba Back to Life!!!

I am even working with Nolan Bushnell (Inventor of 'PONG' / Founder of Atari and Chuck E Cheeses) on the future 'Waba' company! I'm in Seattle atm working with some great people trying to make it happen. I'm working on getting a tournament together for December 4th, 2010 with Nolan Bushnell there to meet and greet with people and give out the prizes. I'll get you guys more info as I get confirmations and details. So keep that Saturday open!!!

Survey Question for all you tournament players:
What is the highest Entry Fee you would honestly pay to play in a SSBB tournament that guaranteed at least $2,500 prize pool?

$10
$15
$20
$25
$30
$40
$50

How about if it was a guaranteed $5,000 prize pool?
$20
$25
$30
$35
$40
$45
$50

Let me know guys asap, so I can discuss the results with Nolan and my partners. Thanks in advance...

MIN
WaBa LIVES :)
Min,

We would like to give you the opportunity to give the community the real facts of what happened with the relationship between Waba and USGA. It is a long story, but the community deserves to know the truth. You should post the facts right here or we will? The community needs to know what our arrangement was between Waba and USGA and how you met these new partners and came to possess this great new plan.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Microsoft is one potential and is more about hardware partnerships, where as other unnamed potential sponsors/partners maybe software or tournament related. Don't think too linear just because I'm talking about what's going on atm. This is the beginning of the journey, so don't define the whole trip by just the first steps. This is going to be a long journey on virgin roads trying to lead to success. There will be road blocks, bumps, and maybe even major accidents, but various roads/paths to travel to reach our destination. We sometimes need to backtrack or even go off road, but getting to the destination is paramount. Don't set limitations or negativity, life is too short NOT to think BIG.

just saying...
min bustin' out that Confucius =).

mercy

Smash Apprentice
Min,

We would like to give you the opportunity to give the community the real facts of what happened with the relationship between Waba and USGA. It is a long story, but the community deserves to know the truth. You should post the facts right here or we will? The community needs to know what our arrangement was between Waba and USGA and how you met these new partners and came to possess this great new plan.
Drama not needed.

Yo, anyone within a fair distance of USGA wanna hit up some smash?
Today

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11644020&postcount=43

Umby

Smash Master
Min,

With the effort taken just to sign up on the boards, find this thread and call Min out, I'm surprised you didn't just outright explain the whole story yourself. =/

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So what r da odds that u guys might b able 2 come 2 my tourney on dec 4th? If u guys come I'm sure I can get more of fl easily interested

Meaning that if u guys go I can get sfl players 2 come. & therefor more of this regions players can come

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i want to attend a monthly but i might only have 10 dollars when it comes up. if it costs more than that ill try to find some more. but do we have a good estimate on what the fee should be?
normally: $5/10 door entry (for spectating, getting through the door, playing friendlies)
$10 Singles ( to enter the singles tournament)
$20 for teams[$10 per team mate] ( to enter the doubles tournament)

Overall if you are planning to enter singles only bring about $25 and you should enough to enter, play in the singles tournament, and get food.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Checked into a TravelLodge in Grant Passing, OR. Learned all the gas stations in this state is FULL SERVICE and they have NO sales tax! Going to Cali in the morning...

No Sales Tax. I miss that ;_;

I used to live in Portland,OR

DRN

Smash Lord
Im getting First Dec 4th, 2010 in Singles.

Seriously, im willing to put a little money on this.

Edit: O ya and First in doubles with Lounis also.

So far im betting Lounis $10 on it.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
I am finally in the OC, just got back from a meeting with Nolan Bushnell in L.A.
I might just fly back to GA instead of driving after all :D

Time to sleep now...see all of you guys soon!

leann

Smash Rookie
So....where can a guy go for melee these days? I have no idea what USGA is doing anymore, so what are the other options?
USGA has 9 non HD TV's set up for Gaming in the back room. Depending on how many come... you may need to bring your systems and game disc. I recommend calling ahead just to be sure that they aren't already reserved for a tournament or private party 770-910-7951. There are special hotel accommodations available for anyone coming in town to play at USGA. Check with the Wingate Inn on Mansell Rd. the room sleeps 5 people for $49! Thanksgiving Day they will be closed but they hold Lock-in's every Friday.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Lounis is a scrub. Billy's Snake is alright.

That being said, Scatt is incredibly underrated, and is a very good Snake.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Isaac, call me today if you can, and David might be able to give us a ride. He said it depends on what he has to do that week.

I also found a taxi service, so I don't really have ride johns anymore.
Halleujah.

Top Bottom