• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Umby

Smash Master
If I go to AWA, I'm likely not hanging around all day/evening for Smash, but look for me regardless.

Perhaps it'll be the return of Hobo Mike if I feel like dressing down.

Ok, I'm bull****ting. That's my everyday attire.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
You mean meeting the rare and elusive VietGeek who only gets out of his home and interacts with society once in a turquoise moon. :v

There's gonna be AH3 or whatever there. Brawl is an obvious. Let's play some games in the former? Maybe?

If I can find a ride I'll be going for Melty Blood.

Funny how in the end I go to an Anime con to be in a stuffy room for video games. *shrug*
It's settled, I'm going to AWA to spend time with VietGeek
and play melty blood

Derp. If I don't pick up some colorguard girl like I usually do during Drumline, this interest me LOL. Are they actually cute yo?
what Michael said
also, this is like halloween, it gives women an excuse to wear next to nothing and not be called names they hate.

I'm most likely going this year, I know a lot of people who are most likely going, I can find my way there.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
What time is everyone thinking of showing up to ATL Rev tomorrow? I was thinking of showing up with Chas and Hunter around... noon to one. So if you want to show up before the tourney at 3 and play with us, you should show up around then.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I'll be heading there at around 12 - 2 pm. If anyone wants to contact me needing a ride or wondering my ETA, then make sure you send a text with your smash name (or real name for those I know) to 770-778-4864. I don't answer people I don't know.

I'll be bringing a full setup. Also, if anyone knows a good way to drop my equipment there without having to walk through crowds, let me know. I dont' want my TV or **** to get mugged.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Ok, so you know the rules: Anyone on the way along GA316-->I85, you're in free (if you're not too out of the way, of course.) If you are, text (DO NOT CALL PLEASE) me and we'll work something out for gas (most likely paying the tab for parking or something to that extent.)

Number: 4045740320. Ride johns have now disappeared (I have room for three.) ;)

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I am going to AWA because I need to find a girlfriend. Lol jk. I'm going because I want to see all the cool shops and costumes, plus I get in for free because I placed top 3 in teams/singles last AWA. So hopefully I'll see everyone there.

As for ATL Revival... I think I'll go. Since there seems to be some interest. I'm going to throw up my post now and say COME EVERYONE... I will be bringing myself and probably P-1 and maybe Hichez/P-3/P-2. Hopefully Dyno/Chas can come, along with Hero and the others. I need the practice for my Sheik. I will be bringing a full setup, both TV and Wii.

Also, I wouldn't mind going to the Louisiana tournament but I don't really want to spend the money. I might consider it though if we can get a car together.

@allshort - ATL Revival is this Saturday. Here is the post for everyone... http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=145867358821051
And you're going to AWA because we need you to be Mori :p. We should team again so we can get in for free again next year.

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
Hey y'all, just moved into my place in B-town, ATL, and I'll have my car in around a week, but can probably get around via bus, so if anyone wants to chill, get at meeeeeeeeeee :3 -- 802-770-2883

mercy

Smash Apprentice
Hey y'all, just moved into my place in B-town, ATL, and I'll have my car in around a week, but can probably get around via bus, so if anyone wants to chill, get at meeeeeeeeeee :3 -- 802-770-2883
What's B-town?

I'm new.

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
What's B-town?

I'm new.
Buckhead, I don't think it's actually called b-town, I just wanted to sound hip, also, welcome ^.^

also, if anyone wants to chill and smash, I'm also looking to fix this problem i've been having, you see it's a plant related problem, I seem to have no shrubberies left in my garden and am looking for someone with maybe extra shrubs to maybe sell me said shrubberies or refer me to a local shrubbery outlet / dealer, THANKS.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'm also looking to fix this problem i've been having, you see it's a plant related problem, I seem to have no shrubberies left in my garden and am looking for someone with maybe extra shrubs to maybe sell me said shrubberies or refer me to a local shrubbery outlet / dealer, THANKS.
Is he coming onto us?...

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I'm proud to announce a project all the tournament organizers in Alabama have been working on since HASL ended. We've kept it a secret until now, but it's time, and we want Georgia to get involved. You don't have to be from AL to be a part of this.

We joined together to create the Alabama Smash League. It's a new experiment in tournament organizing that makes going to tournaments much less expensive for you. Essentially, members of the ASL pay $25 a season and get into Brawl singles for every tournament for that season. Members also pay no venue fees. After 5 tournaments, you could save $50 on door fees alone. However, we are going farther than that. If you pre-register now, we guarantee that you will get free pizza and drink at all the events you attend. If you factor in the money you save on food, you could be getting a $100 value for $25.

We already have 5 tournaments planned for the first season, which will last October through January. Here is the schedule:

Oct 22 - AUSOM 4
Nov 12 - The Iron Brawl 2
Dec 17 - Resist 4
Jan 14 - Phenix City
Jan 28 - HASL 2

AUSOM and Phenix City are rather close to GA. You would already save $15 on entry fees by only attending 2 tournaments (not to mention the money you save on food). The more tournaments you attend, the more you save.

We have also taken the time to create an awesome website for the league. It includes bios, tournament videos, tournament results, event dates, and more. We plan to implement the same replay program that we did at HASL to save all of the bracket matches (not pools this time) to later upload to youtube. I'm sure you all will check it out.

Here's the thread in the ATL South Forum: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307742
Here's the ASL website: http://alabamasmashleague.com/

We are incredibly unified in our commitment to this experiment. For those of you that are curious, the players involved in the planning included myself, m3troid, Ryker, Ragnarok, Ingulit, Reflex, Elev8, Kola, Cheap, Alias, and Bill_.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Very interesting. I wouldn't be able to pay for the season since my job would have me working on a lot of weekends during college, but if I'm ever free, I'll definitely try to plan for one.

Also, ban MK.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
so i realized
brawl is really easy compared to melee

i just don't know anything about the game

Scatz

Smash Champion
It is, but with MK you might as well not even think about it until he's gone. It'll piss you off more than do good.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
MK not so bad, now that I don't use a bad character anymore

However if you don't use
MK,Snake,Falco,Diddy,IC's,Wario,Olimar,Pikachu,Marth

you might as well hang it up son.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I'm totally working on that. Not even kidding.
Great. If you can host MK banned side-tourneys for a few bucks, then I'll definitely try my best just to make them regardless of my situation.

MK not so bad, now that I don't use a bad character anymore

However if you don't use
MK,Snake,Falco,Diddy,IC's,Wario,Olimar,Pikachu,Marth

you might as well hang it up son.
You also don't play this game anymore. Smart MKs are going to wreck 2/3rds of the characters you mentioned lmao.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
And how many mks does Ga have again? Not including me?

Guys seriously, we have a bad attitude towards the character in general.

:phone:

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
It's because MK is gay. Brawl is gay. Why do you guys even play this game seriously? I feel like I should start trolling these forums... *sigh* This game is so bad...

Also, Alby is starting to play again... he's been showing up to stuff.

Also, Marth is getting a reputation for doing okay against MK now days. Not overwhelming bad anymore at least.

Also, it's true you can do okay vs MK with those chars but you'll never win. Ever. Not seriously or on a large scale at least. So either be happy with never winning or pick up MK.

Also, that ASL program posted up from AL is an amazing idea and I wish you all luck with it. I'll most likely pre-register soon. Thank you for posting that up. I recommend GA seriously consider it.

Top Bottom