• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

DRN

Smash Lord
*slightly raises hand*

*puts hand down*
I've got this man, I will rep GA!!!
I like to think mainly our top 4 represent GA. I would not include albino in all of that (no offense i just dont think u'd be a solid 5th). If anything Rayku or Micaelis would prob represent us good as a 5th player.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Rayku puts me before himself, and you still say Rayku. Silly imo

Lets be real here for a sec
It's a close tie between Turtl/Micaelis/Alby
with Turtl being in the front
Micaelis behind him
And me not far behind him
Rayku would probably be in front of all of us had he not taken an extremely long break, however he is still a very good player, and could likely take out a good amount of the pr in a set.
5th is a tie between us 3 imo. Dyno and Rayku being very close as well.

No bias.

DRN

Smash Lord
Rayku puts me before himself, and you still say Rayku. Silly imo

Lets be real here for a sec
It's a close tie between Turtl/Micaelis/Alby
with Turtl being in the front
Micaelis behind him
And me not far behind him
Rayku would probably be in front of all of us had he not taken an extremely long break, however he is still a very good player, and could likely take out a good amount of the pr in a set.
5th is a tie between us 3 imo. Dyno and Rayku being very close as well.

No bias.
Like the only reason i'd put u behind rayku and micaelis is because of how inconsistent u are sometimes. I also think ur being dumb by picking Pika, Wario, Mk, Falco, IC, kirby, ect instead of just focusing on DDD.

But i'd prob still put u above me for representing GA.

Rayku

Smash Lord
If I cared about being on the Power Rankings and had extra cash enough to enter tournaments, I honestly feel my placings would bank me 5th place

Turtl's never beaten me in a set
It's been ages since Micaelis did
It's been over a year since Dyno did
And Albino refuses to prove it against me

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I mean I think rayku and I can both agree that for the time being I edge him out just a little. If he were to put in a good few weeks of practice though...I'd be back to getting combo'd from 0-80 and throwing my controller when I lose to him again lol.
Also Turtl you're not giving yourself any credit bro, you've been playing awesome this season. I really want to see how I stack up against you now, we haven't played a serious set in awhile.
Rayku i'll play you bro, I didn't know it was that big of a deal at CB.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Hahahaha @ the thought of playing Brawl for a couple of weeks. Like I said, if you'd money match me I'd prove to you I've not lost any touch.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
True^

True ^ also

There's a lot of GA ***s online that go w/ the same quote all the time "GA sucks lol." it's ****ing annoying. You guys know there was someone by the name of SKabbii aka SK on the ladders that was like top 20 and lived right next to the old waba in duluth? Yet he refused to go to waba for some stupid reason. I asked him why and he said he didn't want to an d"GA sucks lol." It's ****ing annoying as ****. Other Communities be on that **** every weekend **** be mad live. I think online players are scared as **** to attend. I'd go to a tourney every weekend if I could afford it. It's not that it's too expensive it's that I don't have a job to just keep donating to the top 3 everytime. Otherwise I'd gladly attend every local. I'm trying to find a job now. Hopefully I can get 1 before this month is up.

I thought Alby was gonna make a Xat for AL/GA/NC/SC or some ****. But I mean I guess he'll get around to it when he wants.
Man up and go to Mc'donald's son.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
alby

why you not grabbing people?

if you keep on grabbing people youll prolly be up there, man.
lol

from what ive seen i think dyno proll a better wario than me.

but i have improved alot over the last month.

Purple

Hi guys!
Isn't this conversation PR related?

You guys talk too much **** imo

----

You guys just act too chicken **** with character play and **** to actually be in top 5, imo the only people who I think would deserve top 5 would be rayku, micaelis, or turtl. However rayku's more ballsy with his character so definitely him. Also, what's this **** about only top 4 representing GA? Everyone in the pr should be representing GA because you ALL should be the best of the best. -___-

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I don't know if you know this jamaal but when people think of GA they think

"Oh GA? Yeah Biglou is pretty good he's been doing well at MLG. Kismet has always been good too. Reflex is definitely a great player, remember when he beat m2k? Doesn't player-1 live there too? He's really good on wifi."

The rest of the state doesn't get acknowledged whatsoever.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
...Anyway

The reason is because a majority of are up and coming/promising players are high schoolers *Scatt,Turtl,Neo-X,Myself,Player-1*. And when you are in HIGH SCHOOL, you can't travel across the nation to play smashbros *unless you're chas*. On the off chance we do get to travel out of state the lack of experience out of state comes into play, because....we never get to travel out of state. That being said we are beginning to get a better rep as players such as Scatt and Dynomite perform well against very good OOS players *Kadaj and Elev8 respectively*. Just a matter of time imo...

Purple

Hi guys!
...Anyway

The reason is because a majority of are up and coming/promising players are high schoolers *Scatt,Turtl,Neo-X,Myself,Player-1*. And when you are in HIGH SCHOOL, you can't travel across the nation to play smashbros *unless you're chas*.
Remember how player-1 was well known? Through wifi right? What about Atomsk? Isn't he in high school? What about Hungrybox? What about ADHD? What about Kismet2? How long are you going to make excuses for yourself as to why you can't go to tournaments out of state? What if you had the money saved up for tournaments? Would your parents still have any reason to not let you go? What if you had good grades on top of that? Would your parents have any reason? What if they knew the smashers you were going with personally? Would they still have any reason? Your mom let you play smash with a bunch of random kids in GA in a cracked down venue (Legendary Games) for a total of two days; how is that place any different from a clean *** venue like MLG in FL or NC?

tl;dr - Man up, stop making excuses, if your real life is straight, your smash life can be too.

On the off chance we do get to travel out of state the lack of experience out of state comes into play, because....we never get to travel out of state. That being said we are beginning to get a better rep as players such as Scatt and Dynomite perform well against very good OOS players *Kadaj and Elev8 respectively*. Just a matter of time imo...
What does the lack of experience matter if you have good experience in state? You can do a light extent study these matches on wifi y'know.

TL;DR? Step it up, get your life right, save some money, go to tournaments, play wifi for experience, get good, etc. Show your parents it's important.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
I would love to go OOS to more tourneys, but my mom has a hard time trusting the smash community. :/ Scatz tried to talk to my mom personally about letting me go to his smashfest a while back, but that didn't go too well. As a matter of fact, she even had problems with me going to the IHOP that is less than a mile away from USGA with you guys. If someone can actually get my mom to let me go to a tourney OOS, i'm pretty much fine with going. :O

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I would love to go OOS to more tourneys, but my mom has a hard time trusting the smash community. :/ Scatz tried to talk to my mom personally about letting me go to his smashfest a while back, but that didn't go too well. As a matter of fact, she even had problems with me going to the IHOP that is less than a mile away from USGA with you guys. If someone can actually get my mom to let me go to a tourney OOS, i'm pretty much fine with going. :O
Start having people over to your house more often. Start with like 1 or 2 people (might help if they are around your age) then work your way up to more people. I understand what you mean by having parents that don't trust the smash community. It just takes time. Hbox wrote a thread a long while ago on how to make your parents more flexible on the smash factor. Unfortunately, I don't know if that thread is still around but he did talk about: having your clan,friends,pr members ect. over to play some smash and for your parents to get to know them. Show them you really enjoy doing what you do and that it makes you happy. Cant remember others :( sorry.

@people in GA proving they are starting to get good and this involving my name:

Umby

Smash Master
What does the lack of experience matter if you have good experience in state? You can do a light extent study these matches on wifi y'know.
That's the problem. What kind of experience does GA even offer? Any few up-and-coming MKs we might have here are not as gay as those in FL or NJ, I haven't heard of any good R.O.B.s since Jeff went MIA from Smash, unless someone else can tell me otherwise, I can only think of Elev8 being a dangerous ICs. After that, everything seems pretty mixed and matched, with good only good D3s, Falcos, Warios and Snakes being the easiest to find. You COULD get somewhat of a feel for certain matchups over wifi, but face it, that tiny bit of reaction time you lose even in the most minimal of lag is going to be disadvantageous for your muscle memory (see: Sonic using Spring out of a Falco CG / buffering an attack only to find out you've been pushed off the stage a split second ago).

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i never had a problem with my parents letting me do things.
ive said it before numerous times in the AL thread
there is so much more trouble you guys could be getting into, other than playing smash.
i guess im lucky my parents acknoledge that.
but they had to find out the hard way, by me actually doing those worse things.

now, my parents see smash as nothing but a positive thing in my life.
and thats what it is.
man, it sucks the way parents are with their children 90 percent of the time.
but who am i to critque any parent, i guess.

smash could be so live.
that **** would be ****ing tight.

anyways.

when i think of GA i think of dyno

jussssss sayiiin

to some people chars are more important than stats

LOL

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Look I know 1 thing, People don't think much of GA. Whether or not it's activity here or not it's because of OoS tourneys. I'm not telling you all anything you don't know. The attendance could be a little higher because I mean the more hype the more attention but that's all going without saying. We've gotta do something about these online people and hell future GA brawlers. We need to get on that Xat status lol real talk. I don't have a job or else I'd be @ every tourney. I can't stress that enough. When I did have my job I only worked on the weekends =/. But I mean some1's gotta reach out to the other crowd we got here.

Saltix

Smash Lord
atm usb loaders allow you to load games from a hard drive or flash drive.
currently only support wii.
in the future support GC (looking like sept or august for open beta)
I tried to do this in the past, does ipod video 30GB work as a HDD? I checked the box in itunes that let me do that lol

Also, opted out of selling my 360, gonna sell my DSi instead most likey if anyone's interested PM me

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I would chill on a xat chat, but I honestly don't think it would help that much for the community.

it will trust me on this 1. Ya see I would make it myself, but because I'm not PR'd and I might move w/in the next few months to DC I don't think I'm in the position to do so.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't know if you know this jamaal but when people think of GA they think

"Oh GA? Yeah Biglou is pretty good he's been doing well at MLG. Kismet has always been good too. Reflex is definitely a great player, remember when he beat m2k? Doesn't player-1 live there too? He's really good on wifi."

The rest of the state doesn't get acknowledged whatsoever.

I loled. XD

Remember how player-1 was well known? Through wifi right? What about Atomsk? Isn't he in high school? What about Hungrybox? What about ADHD? What about Kismet2? How long are you going to make excuses for yourself as to why you can't go to tournaments out of state? What if you had the money saved up for tournaments? Would your parents still have any reason to not let you go? What if you had good grades on top of that? Would your parents have any reason? What if they knew the smashers you were going with personally? Would they still have any reason? Your mom let you play smash with a bunch of random kids in GA in a cracked down venue (Legendary Games) for a total of two days; how is that place any different from a clean *** venue like MLG in FL or NC?

tl;dr - Man up, stop making excuses, if your real life is straight, your smash life can be too.

TL;DR? Step it up, get your life right, save some money, go to tournaments, play wifi for experience, get good, etc. Show your parents it's important.

sorry my parents have a hard time trusting people i meet over the internet to travel the country to play a video game which cost hundreds of dollars not to mention our economy sucks especially when I need to be saving for other things like a car and college.

plus they watch fox news all the time. All I ever see on that is how some kid got molested because of faceook/myspace....

edit: our top 4 are the only people that could compete on a national level, I don't think anyone else in GA can compete at a nation level (cept p3's falcon) and place well at a national tournament. Scatt for most underrated player in atlantic south, no?

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I haven't seen problems like that happen smashwise lmao.

Honestly if your parents don't trust you guys you done ****ed up sometime in the past/

Player-1

Smash Legend
I haven't seen problems like that happen smashwise lmao.

Honestly if your parents don't trust you guys you done ****ed up sometime in the past/
yeah, bu they don't GET that smash is a community.

and no, they're just over protective when it comes to people over the internet.

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah, but he said that warner robins was a terrible place and he didn't want my innocence to be taken away from me.

Top Bottom