• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

NoID

Smash Rookie
Miraculously iam off this weekend so I'll probabaly be able to go to that tourney in birmingham and will have room in my car to pick people up sooooo...
P.s. could I get a link to that tourny plz

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Miraculously iam off this weekend so I'll probabaly be able to go to that tourney in birmingham and will have room in my car to pick people up sooooo...
P.s. could I get a link to that tourny plz
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295221&page=3

I linked you to the last page, because it has an expected attendance list towards the bottom. It would be great if you guys could come! Just remember that Birmingham runs on Central time, so every thing is an hour later for you (which is probably a good thing, gives you guys more time to get there).

NoID

Smash Rookie
Wow now iam excited lol so I'm pretty much 100% for this but for anyone who wants to ride with me I must warn you I will be driving back that night no matter when it ends cause I gotta work the next day :/ but other this tourney should be awesome

BigLøu

Smash Lord
If you drive back THAT night im down to ride with you lol. I think both me and michael would be willing to help split gas, and if I am too far out of the way I can meet you somewhere

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Well, the thing is that I am celebrating my birthday this Saturday and I have some car maintenance to take care of.
Otherwise I would be convinced.
Completely understandable. Enjoy your birthday! how old are you turning?

Wow now iam excited lol so I'm pretty much 100% for this but for anyone who wants to ride with me I must warn you I will be driving back that night no matter when it ends cause I gotta work the next day :/ but other this tourney should be awesome
If you drive back THAT night im down to ride with you lol. I think both me and michael would be willing to help split gas, and if I am too far out of the way I can meet you somewhere
the result of you guys coming is
MORE HYPE!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Dyno, how much longer until you can legally drive other people. My parents might be okay with a fellow high schooler actually driving me than all of these 30 year old weirdos.

DRN

Smash Lord
Dyno, how much longer until you can legally drive other people. My parents might be okay with a fellow high schooler actually driving me than all of these 30 year old weirdos.
He'll be legal on his 18th Birthday. Doesnt matter how much longer so basically hes legal this week.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
He'll be legal on his 18th Birthday. Doesnt matter how much longer so basically hes legal this week.
Except that if you don't get your class C license then you still have a class D license, in which you still can only drive only 2 people legally. So get that C license if you are scared to get pulled over.

normally its 6 months after he gets his license
but who here actually waited for that?
cops can never tell that sort of thing unless they pull you over for something else
Pretty much this, I drove to tourneis 9-10 hours away without being allowd to have people in the car, as long as you don't do anything stupid. And I would also drive after midnight from tournies and never had a problem.

you cant get your license when you're 18?

lol georgia
Nope, you have to be 15 to get a learners, and at 16 you get a class D license, in which legally you are supposed to wait 6 months then you can drive two non family members until you get a class C.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I have my 6months and I have been driving people. I am not 100% sure about the rule. Either since i turned 18, im accountable or if i still need another 6 months before i can drive a full carload of people. But hit me up if you need a lift.
I got my secretary answering my questions 10 min after they're asked.

No need for me to go on smashboards anymore miright?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Pretty much this, I drove to tourneis 9-10 hours away without being allowd to have people in the car, as long as you don't do anything stupid. And I would also drive after midnight from tournies and never had a problem.
Well that's because you are top 5.

Don't give these non-potentials any wrong ideas, Lounis.

Player-1

Smash Legend
anyone from GA going to pound 5 must rep this state:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12039830#post12039830

:edit: oh and USGA emailed me saying if we'd like to see them reopen with a new venue then they need to see potential "investors" to show interest. You can email them at britt@technoplex.com and state reasons why you want them to reopen and share any memorable experiences with them, etc.

I might have a venue for tournaments, it's in the back room of this church. It's a bit bigger than the room at USGA we played at. I have a friend that came to SIEGE that has held social events there like dances and stuff and he's going to see if he can get the venue for a tournament (and potentially monthlies).

If I held one in February which week would be best for you guys if I told you it was in downtown *******, how many of you guys would be able to show up?

DRN

Smash Lord
I have my 6months and I have been driving people. I am not 100% sure about the rule. Either since i turned 18, im accountable or if i still need another 6 months before i can drive a full carload of people. But hit me up if you need a lift.

I got my secretary answering my questions 10 min after they're asked.

No need for me to go on smashboards anymore miright?
Yea cant u see im trying to prevent you from coming here ever again by answering your questions for you.

Get outta here foo

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If I held one in February which week would be best for you guys if I told you it was in downtown *******, how many of you guys would be able to show up?
I'd go with a ride, and i'm sure Fwop would go with me. The venue is actually farther out than the Waba's old venue from me, lol.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I might have a venue for tournaments, it's in the back room of this church. It's a bit bigger than the room at USGA we played at. I have a friend that came to SIEGE that has held social events there like dances and stuff and he's going to see if he can get the venue for a tournament (and potentially monthlies).

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

As long as it didn't line up with another tournament that I planned on going to, I'd be willing to go; Calvin should be able to, as well.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno

Im not that far away from *******, i wouldnt mind coming early and help setup if you need it Hunter.

Im down :)

Player-1

Smash Legend
As long as it didn't line up with another tournament that I planned on going to, I'd be willing to go; Calvin should be able to, as well.
which tournament and what date? I can try to work around it so that you can come as long as it doesn't interfere with other people's plans to come.

BTW, this is looking highly possible for at least one tournament and possibly monthlies so I'd like to get a good first impression on these tournaments if they become a series, it'd be a good chance to start over and get good out of state attendance for future ones.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
which tournament and what date? I can try to work around it so that you can come as long as it doesn't interfere with other people's plans to come.

BTW, this is looking highly possible for at least one tournament and possibly monthlies so I'd like to get a good first impression on these tournaments if they become a series, it'd be a good chance to start over and get good out of state attendance for future ones.
Nothing specific; I meant, don't put it next to a Birmingham monthly or something. I might go to WHOBO, though.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Hm, I may be able to come depending on how far ******* is from Lithonia. I'm fine with any date in February other than the 19.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Um, just so everyone knows, I'll be taking a bit of break from entering tournaments. I'll still be attending them most likely and am up for MMs and friendlies no doubt but I won't be entering Singles and maybe doubles. I will also be mostly maining Wario for awhile but will play MK if you request.

That aside, GA in my opinion is in flux right now when it comes to solid tournaments. I know P-1 is actively trying to get a new venue but I wanted to raise the subject of Tech monthlies again. I have the resources to do it and have a very relaxed semester to work with.

What I'm asking is what would be the interest level in monthlies held at Georgia Tech? Also, fyi there would most likely be a door fee in order to pay for both my time and additional resources such as space, extension cords, tables, etc. but it would most likely be very cheap; around $5 max depending on turn outs. They would be hosted on the last Saturday of the month around 2 pm at Tech unless decided otherwise.

I'd just like some feedback if possible (maybe in PMs since this is technically still the WABA thread) and I don't want Hunter to exclude possibilities of monthlies at that Church either. Heres to a good Smash year.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'd totally go to tournaments at Georgia Tech, and I imagine Billy and Calvin would be up for just as many.

Top Bottom