• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Yeah, uh huh, you know what it is red and yellow, red and yellow red and yellow, red and yellow.

This is great. Isn't Smashboards still owned by MLG too? Kudos to them. Not a very good Aprils Fools Joke but a wonderful way to troll regardless <3

EDIT: LOL! Certain words get auto-changed. Amazing. Try to figure out what I actually said :D and wtf is TM?

Purple

Hi guys!
I can't figure it out

This is great, isn't smashboards owned by MLG too? Kudos to them. Not a very good APrils Fools Joke but a wonderful way to *something* regardless <3

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Probably the best part (The Black Plague is "dis" without d):

Edit: Um nvm? They just changed all the character names back to original... lame. And I took the time to post up a big list. Wario was "the guy wondering which seat to take" lol.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Serious question--

Would anyone be interested in going to Clash of the Titans 5 with me? I imagine you may be skeptical of the idea for various reasons, but, hear me out.

It's on June 25-26. It's in the middle of summer, so school shouldn't be an issue. That also gives you plenty of time to get the days clear from work, save up money, etc.

As far as transportation, this is what I have worked out: It's a six-hour drive from my house to Charlotte, and I'm willing to use my car to get there. Being really careful about gas (as in, assuming gas is around $4 at that time), gas will probably be $160 to split.

From there, Megabus.com current has some sweet deals going on--I checked out times that would work if we traveled on either Thursday or Friday to get to Philadelphia, and on Monday to get back to Charlotte. In both cases (as in, Thursday-depart and Friday-depart), round-trip bus fare for five people would be $102.25.

Vex has an apartment about 45 minutes from the venue that is accessible via public transportation for $3 a day, and he's offering free housing to us, so that is almost a non-issue. Throwing it into the cost for bus fare, all the bus stuff should cost us no more than $40.

The tournament fee is $20 for venue, $15 Singles, and $20 Doubles per team.

This comes out to ($160 gas +$40 bus +$45 all tournament stuff = ) $245, but that's without splitting gas. I'm not going to go by myself, so...

If one person comes with me, it will be ~$175.
If two, ~$150.
If three, ~$140.
If four, ~$130.

Subtract $10 if you don't plan on entering Doubles.

That said, prices are only going to go up; the venue fee goes up $5 for every month that goes by, and the bus prices go up as the days get closer. If you want to do this, you need to make a commitment soon, because it's only going to get worse. Let's talk about it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ill goto the tourney
Will you, really? Are you so sure that you'll pay for venue fee/bus fare soon, so long as other people are willing to go, as well?

I don't want to go unless I have at least two other people with me, and that's pushing it. I'd really prefer more.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I actually considered it Reflex because I really wanted to at least make 1 OoS trip from out our region during the Summer. I might try to go to genesis for a graduation/birthday present, but I'm still not sure about financial stuff since I also want to get the 3DS around that time since the OoT remake will be coming out June 7th (my favorite game in the world <3). So if I don't go to Genesis then I'd really like to go to COT5, if I do then I probably wouldn't and I really don't know when I'll know if I can go to Genesis until later so *equalsignforwardslashsmileyface*

Purple

Hi guys!
Yeah, I technically speaking have that money tenfold by june. If I can budget my apartment deposit and call out ill be set to go.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I'm going to Salt this weekend to hang out with the brawl community. It's been too long, my friends.

I also plan to go to Genesis. CALIFORNIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

BigLøu

Smash Lord
K well luis ill get back to you about cot5 but I wont know until around may if I can go or not, but keep me in the thoughts.

Also speaking of national tournies, I'm trying to get housing for genesis 2(hotel, smashers ionno) but I don't want to get a room unless people go. Is anyone(melee or brawl players) have any plans to go other then me and calvin and anthony?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
just drove out to emerald china for dinner.

srsly we need to go eat there for dinner sometime fellow smashers

BigLøu

Smash Lord
There's no excuse for missing it. Its plenty of time away to plan it, plenty of time to ask off work, and plenty of time for you guys to buy me a present ;).

Not to mention ima put my boot up peoples ***** that dont go

D0N

Smash Ace
K well luis ill get back to you about cot5 but I wont know until around may if I can go or not, but keep me in the thoughts.

Also speaking of national tournies, I'm trying to get housing for genesis 2(hotel, smashers ionno) but I don't want to get a room unless people go. Is anyone(melee or brawl players) have any plans to go other then me and calvin and anthony?
Maybe. How much do I have to pay @ the hotel?

lol @ alby. 5 stars i guess? i dunno

T2 virus

Smash Rookie
Even though I barely Play brawl anymore (CAUSE OF MY NOOB "CREW" WON'T TRAIN WITH ME ANYMORE) I'll still be making this April 16th tourney. It could motivate me to train in brawl again.

Top Bottom