• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

dumba989

Smash Apprentice
Everyone come to Final Round although I know this is the wrong thread to be posting such info. I wanna see the Smash Community in some effect.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I am coming, i am trying to bring friends, and I am trying to get my $ straight so that i can MM more people
also, Dungeon explorer

BBQ°

Smash Champion
ok I can see why all those would be a problem. I saw those as problems from the start i found out about brawl being on MLG. The thing that concerned me the most was how mature of a community brawl is lol. But other then that, I thought Brawl already had a bad rep from other games as nothing but camping and planking for wins. =/
actually I would say the community is one of the best parts. I have a friend that has attended MLG events before for shooter games, and he also attended Brawl tournaments in GA at one point, so he witnessed the differences in the communities. He said that smash players are generally really nice and easy to hang around with, while the Halo/Gears players are mostly *** holes and hard to get along with.

SleepyK also played Halo 2 competitively so he can probably agree or disagree with what I just said.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
on average smashers are nice people but extremely illogical

those who are smart tend to act like *******s and elitist pricks anyway

but it's a lot more bearable than the more mainstream communities

milesg2g

Smash Champion
actually I would say the community is one of the best parts. I have a friend that has attended MLG events before for shooter games, and he also attended Brawl tournaments in GA at one point, so he witnessed the differences in the communities. He said that smash players are generally really nice and easy to hang around with, while the Halo/Gears players are mostly *** holes and hard to get along with.

SleepyK also played Halo 2 competitively so he can probably agree or disagree with what I just said.

Yeah I guess your right.
Still the Brawl Community can be a little more immature then the Smash community.

Zip.

Smash Lord
I'm mad that Brawl is in MLG (Major League Gaming) because Sakurai went out of his way to make that game uncompetitive, and now it's on the circuit for the best tournaments in the nation. With more money on the line, competitors will do whatever it takes to make top 16, which means more MetaKnight, more camping, more slow, and more boring. Brawl will probably last 1 year on the circuit until the heads at MLG realize that Brawl isn't doing them any good.

Brawl is a pretty fun game, and it has a pretty good amount of depth to it, despite what Sakurai tried to do. But the game doesn't have the right attributes for it to be considered a competitive game suited for MLG. Everyone knows the arguments for why Brawl isn't considered a good competitive game, so I'm not going to waste more of my time bringing up the problems again.

However, I will say that one of the biggest problem for Brawl being on the MLG circuit is the type of exposure it will receive from other gaming communities. Since Brawl will be hosted in the same venue along with other games such as Halo 3 and Tekken 6, those gaming communities will get to see competitive Brawl gameplay. Those gaming communities only know Brawl for the party game aspect, and when they see Brawl for the first time being played competitively, they're going to laugh. I'm not saying "they're going to laugh" because it's a party game, but because of how people play the game to win. They'll see the floaty slow pace, the camping, the chaingrabs, the planking, the scrouging, and all of that ****. It'll give a pretty bad rep for the smash community if this is what people see. It might also give MLG a bad rep for hosting a game considered uncompetitive to many, and also one that is boring to watch.

In the end though, the Brawl players won't care (not saying that as a negative statement). They get their money and their 15 minutes of "fame". Some good things can come from this, I must say. There will undoubtedly be a few curious people that will take interest in competitive Brawl, and a small percentage of those people will also drift over to Melee.

lol

legit post

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
the community online is erratic but mostly friendly.
the community at events is phenomenal and easily one of the friendliest.

part of this stems from the fact that in general, online presence generates anonymity and thus safety from retaliation, which ssbm cannot offer... and if you plan on winning money and proving yourself, you have to make your presence in person. even then, in order to improve, you have to play with the other people there (Which you don't have to do with shooters).

but yeah.
people are much less of *******s in smash bruhs

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Yeah I guess your right.
Still the Brawl Community can be a little more immature then the Smash community.
I've hung out alot with the brawl community, and from experience.

I really don't see a maturity difference, depends on the person. Some melee tournies I've been to have the same problem, especially some of the younger people. In fact it just really comes down to an age thing, how fast people mature. Etc. I haven't even see YOU at many tournies either, so I'm not sure where you get your expereince of the community.

I love both communites and can hang out with the melee community even if I play and enjoy a game that they don't like, we look past that and can have fun.

SleepyK

o can dan come this weekend?
i got used to 2 weeks of job canceling
he does have priority over everybody else unless he wants to team with someone else

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I've hung out alot with the brawl community, and from experience.

I really don't see a maturity difference, depends on the person. Some melee tournies I've been to have the same problem, especially some of the younger people. In fact it just really comes down to an age thing, how fast people mature. Etc. I haven't even see YOU at many tournies either, so I'm not sure where you get your expereince of the community.

I love both communites and can hang out with the melee community even if I play and enjoy a game that they don't like, we look past that and can have fun.

lol well w/ waba I haven't come to many because i got a job after i attended my first 1.
As far as my exp. w/ the comm. other places besides GA have shown some immaturity. Like NY, and FL. I've gone to both and people tlk a lot of trash and like never stop talking when someones trying to announce something

BigLøu

Smash Lord
lol well w/ waba I haven't come to many because i got a job after i attended my first 1.
As far as my exp. w/ the comm. other places besides GA have shown some immaturity. Like NY, and FL. I've gone to both and people tlk a lot of trash and like never stop talking when someones trying to announce something
Focus on GA, we are awsome ;)

milesg2g

Smash Champion
more like
smash needs to step it up in ga

Yeah I don't attend many tourneys down here just out of pure laziness or just other events.
I usually go to flea's house or a party so yeah. sorry about that =/
as far as the other wifi brawlers I've met online that live here i have no idea why they don't attend. I've met at least 5 of them lol and they have the funniest johns for not attending

SleepyK

trash talk is to be expected and in larger amounts in more populated smash communities.

i will agree that TO's are too lenient when making important announcements.
however, if the TO demands attention, generally they get it.

local events are more important for your development than friendlies with your friends.

unless your friends are top players.

lol online pros

Rayku

Smash Lord
I "asked" Fullmetal to team with me and got no response, so I'll ask again

Fullmetal teamsies for Melee please, if Sleepy falls through.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I talked to some people on aib actually about ever since I've been doing wifi again.

And some of them didn't know there were even tournies lol. I think some may come to waba and fr though. I've texted a few old people who played rbawl back in the day and are trying to get back into brawl so maybe they will show this weekend too.

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
o can dan come this weekend?
i got used to 2 weeks of job canceling
he does have priority over everybody else unless he wants to team with someone else
yeah his post is like in the same page lol
and that's true.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
trash talk is to be expected and in larger amounts in more populated smash communities.

i will agree that TO's are too lenient when making important announcements.
however, if the TO demands attention, generally they get it.

local events are more important for your development than friendlies with your friends.

unless your friends are top players.

lol online pros

Well yea i believe that locals are better then friendlies but I have a way of procrastinating things I do for fun with other things i do for fun for some reason lol. Duluth also isn't that close.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I don't play wifi that much anymore.
I only FFA's and 2v2's if that now. It's just not fun w/ Ness or any1 in general. But since I've been playing online I've noticed like 6 kids online don't play @ waba lol. 1 of them even lives right next to waba lol

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I hear dat gai Alberz lives in Hellville *snellville
oh,

Well ion kno son lol

I know me,u and flea live in Snellville

And I know about 5 brawlers that haven't gone to a local/waba

I know for sure Skabbi hasn't gone because he told me unless he's lying.

Quiz, Unless he's just recently gone

Auro, I believe he's gone once but I don't think so

Kingheart, he won't attend tourney's because I go to them apparently lol

and

Havek, Idk if he's gone to 1 yet either.

Auro,Quiz and Skabbi all have/had good looking ladder records ( I know doesn't say much) so Idky they just won't attend tourney unless they really don't want to play offline. but idk =/

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
a kind offer. fullmetal has asked me to team with him already, but if i end up not having the funds i might take you up on it.
I "asked" Fullmetal to team with me and got no response, so I'll ask again

Fullmetal teamsies for Melee please, if Sleepy falls through.
Sleepy and I have been unsuccessfully trying to team for the past few weekends, but if Dan is going I suppose I get outprioritized.

Rayku, we shall team! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
You'd better have tons of up-smashes out of my grab waiting!
=D

Rayku

Smash Lord
Sleepy and I have been unsuccessfully trying to team for the past few weekends, but if Dan is going I suppose I get outprioritized.

Rayku, we shall team! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
You'd better have tons of up-smashes out of my grab waiting!
=D
I got yo back like a sweatah, shawdy

I am thoroughly excited about this weekend. Anyone want to come to my house for Bros today? Hit me up on AIM if yes.

Top Bottom