• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get better at Smash without playing it.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Nah, I had 0.3 on both (I'm really, really tired right now, not johning)

etecoon

Smash Hero
weeird, I'm getting like 80ms on average difference between the two lol, just me I guess

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
My state just prefers to get drunk and high. Take Lain and Judge for example lol It works for them.

I liked this article though. Good read.

Jane

Smash Hero
getting high really can help your concentration, AND your mindgames too. ask any high level stoner-smasher

chief164

Smash Rookie
well there is no such thing as brain damage from getting high, seeing as it puts a coating over it rather than killin the cells directly. it's actually therapeutic in a sense, but what would you know? alcohol is WAY worse that weed. but this is a good thread, music helps me think faster if its fast music

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
People ( as in people who view video games as somthing that rots your brain and is stupid **** AKA non gamers).....
Television (or "screen time" in general) does hinder our brain. Not cripplingly perhaps.....

Anyway, the biology behind performance is very interesting. Good read.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Makes a lot of sense. I have a neuroscience PHD in my family so I hear this all the time. Very good read. I might take that aspirin before tournaments and break my sound dependent habit and start listening to orchestra music on my iPod.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I noticed I seem to play better when listening to music, but I figured it was just a fluke, but I'm definitely going to continue doing so.

anyone else find that the times are very different?
Just a thought... the one in the OP doesn't respond until you let go of the mouse-click, and the one you linked responds as soon as it's clicked in.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol getting high worked for lain the first year. now not so much cuz of brain loss.

what really bothered me is this no vibrations. i mean i can see ur point of my reacting to glide attacks when i feel it being shielded. but if i take it off i feel i will lose some smash di potential. hmm maybe just act only on sight reaction n rely less on feel

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I rarely practiced Brawl throughout its lifespan and have done fine.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
lol

Naw man I just went from 2nd best in Texas when everyone was bad, to 5th when everyone else got good.

Not gonna lie, Doubles is clearly my forte in both regular and low tiers.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I still play. Last tournament I went to IIRC was Whobo 2 actually. Either that or a Local Dallas tournament right after.

I don't practice very much though. Never have.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
Music usually makes me **** up when I play, I don't know why.

I do find it hard to get rusty at Brawl, is it even possible?

That reflex game is mad addicting, btw.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Depends on the player. I can't do **** with Diddy without the sound (the monkey screams are part of the mindgames =@)

.Marik

is a social misfit
getting high really can help your concentration, AND your mindgames too. ask any high level stoner-smasher
:yoshi:

I can personally agree with this, since I smoke up before tournament sets.

Top Bottom